UK Charts: Ludacris’ ‘Rest Of My Life’ Climbs 68 Spots In A Week

shares
7a66720c1f6b7e6df7186edee301cdfd UK Charts: Ludacris Rest Of My Life Climbs 68 Spots In A Week

Ludacris is coming for that #1 spot.

Yes, after releasing his new single ‘Rest Of My Life’ in partnership with Usher & David Guetta, he has watched it soar in the UK this week. Soar, on the wings of a mind blowing 68 chart spots.

Exciting details below….

Released on November 2nd, the cut marks the second number to be released in aid of the Rapper’s forthcoming project, ‘Ludaversal’, due out next year.

However, despite peaking at #72 in the US, the number’s UK chart run reached all new heights last night when it rose by 68 spots in the space of seven days, forcing itself to a new peak position to #41 after just two weeks of release.

As it stands, the song only has to rise by a third of what it moved by this week to land Luda his highest charting release in the nation since 2000’s ‘What’s Your Fantasy’ and 2003’s ‘Stand Up’ both of which feature sassy Femcee Shawna.

Download ‘Life’ here!

shares

1. November 26, 2012 at 9:08 am
    TEE says:

I swear y’all exaggerate and blow everything out of proportion (when you want to).

• November 26, 2012 at 9:09 am
      TorontosFinest says:

Did the song rise 68 spots or did it not?

• November 26, 2012 at 9:10 am
      DrankDrankDrank says:

But it is doing well though, so what’s the problem?

• November 26, 2012 at 9:33 am
        TEE says:

First off, while it is to be applauded. It is not that commendable of a feat, although don’t get me wrong it is good. I am saying this based onTGJ’s tendency to support other acts for even the littlest of successes (Rita Ora) and shade others (Rihanna). And I’m not even a Rihanna fan and I’m saying that.

• November 26, 2012 at 9:52 am
        FAF says:

This reminds m of the QUEENS thread yesterday when y’all was mad at her having all those top 40s

when its Rihoe, it’s a SLAY !

@TEE Everything can’t go to #1 honey it’s not that much time in the world. .TGJ makes music reports If u want to see #1 singles, go to billboard.com, k ? And ludacris was not on Twitter begging ppl to support him nor does he have a fan base Rihanna has so yes it is a grand feat to rise 40 chart positions. I haven’t even heard the song on the radio only seen the vid twice, so he’s obviously doing something right..

ppl on this site so quick to hate if its not Rihoe & if someone shits on that b**** for not having talent or #1 albums, the statistics all the sudden “Don’t matter” KI !

But let Nicki, hell even BeYAWNce not have a top ten, they’re flopping in your feeble minds…

CHILE PLEASE !!!

GO AWF, LUDA ! :) :) :)

• November 26, 2012 at 9:55 am
        TEE says:

@FAF

I don’t understand anything you just said.

• November 26, 2012 at 10:14 am
        CANDB says:

Have a seat. Luda is doing the damn thing and your mad because not many Rappers can say they are killing it today after ten years at the top.

You don’t know how happy it makes me to see him getting coverage on a major pop blog like this because he never gets coverage like this anywhere else.

• November 26, 2012 at 10:37 am
        FAF says:

@TEE
        bifocals ? I’m not retyping it….

• November 26, 2012 at 10:42 am
        TEE says:

@FAF
        Try typing in proper english next time and have your thoughts flow in a succint manner, then maybe I’ll understand you.

@CANDB
        I am not shading Ludacris at all, rather TGJ in general. I commend him on this feat although I wish he hadn’t conformed to pop music. But this isn’t even about Ludacris it’s about TGJ’s constant shady posts.

2. November 26, 2012 at 9:09 am
    Honestly Speaking says:

It’s a horribly generic/boring song and is just one of many examples of how the quality of music has changed for the worse. I’ll be happy when the Dance-Pop trend is over.

3. November 26, 2012 at 9:23 am
    Lax says:

Shareefee Ft Ludacris “I Need A Boss”
    Ludacris is Awesome in His Lyric delivery to Me

Shareefee is throwing it down too,,,

4. November 26, 2012 at 9:24 am
    WhitneyhoustonGreatestoffall says:

Another artist that has compromised wow

• November 26, 2012 at 9:54 am
      FAF says:

b/c y’all asses aren’t buying the gangsta rap . . . how will he make money ?

5. November 26, 2012 at 10:03 am
    csquaddie says:

Maybe if people bought gangster rap these Rappers wouldn’t have to turn to to Pop to pay the bills. I love Ludacris and I’m really impressed that tgj shows love to people other than a select few favorites. If it wasn’t for this post I wouldn’t have known the song was doing this well and I’m actually tempted to buy his album after hearing him talk about it here.

Their rihanna shade can be tacky but when they support a performer they go all the way out for them and I’m not mad at them for that.

• November 26, 2012 at 10:39 am
      FAF says:

THANK U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF THERES A DEMAND, THERE WILL BE SUPPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PPL ACT LIKE GANGSTA RAP IS”REAL” HIP HOP BUT SUGAR HILL GANG STARTED THE RAP GENRE !!!!!!!!!!!! THATS NOT HARDCORE RAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. November 26, 2012 at 10:16 am
    TheEminemShow says:

f***** love this guy.

7. November 26, 2012 at 11:24 am
    MONSTER-HIVE says:

The impact of TGJ’s interviews

8. November 26, 2012 at 11:47 am
    Love&Light says:

Here for him tbh. He’s always seemed like a nice guy and the interview he did here showed him in a good light.

9. November 26, 2012 at 12:07 pm
    Monstarebel (DIAMONDS IS NUMBER 1) says:

Good for you LUDACRIS…. I don’t judge you for going pop like the rest of theses hoes your just trying to stay relevant & keep up with the times I can respect that…

10. November 26, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    Monstarebel (DIAMONDS IS NUMBER 1) says:

Can’t stand the urban fan base YALL get mad when your black artists go pop yet YALL ain’t buying their s*** so they don’t have no other choice…So don’t complain

11. November 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    IDK says:

Even tho this post is confusing, Im happy for Luda! I dont care for the pop ish but I will be buying this album.