Vote To Win: Alicia Keys’ ‘Girl On Fire’ Album

shares
9776d5851eec6d66df13ce733fa32933 Vote To Win:  Alicia Keys Girl On Fire Album

14-time Grammy winner Alicia Keys is looking to blaze charts today with the release of her 5th studio effort ‘Girl On Fire’ – the followup to 2009’s ‘Element of Freedom’.

Already sparking interest in the set with her Maxwell and Nicki Minaj collaborations, Miss Keys has singed the promotional trail in support of the release in past weeks (with more to come).

Now, you – That Grape Juice faithful – will have the chance to add some spark to your cd collection.  One lucky commenter will get the chance to win a free copy of Alicia Keys’ latest album when you answer this question…

What’s Alicia Keys’ best album to date and why?

alicia Vote To Win:  Alicia Keys Girl On Fire Album

VOTING CLOSED.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (62)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (54)

• Tyler

Tyler (53)

1. November 27, 2012 at 8:51 am
    Nicole says:

All I can say is Jesus!!!!! Girl on Fire is unbelievable. Don’t be fooled by the first release, this album is possibly her very best yet. REAL music lovers who have and appreciation for quality music will love this album. The kids probably won’t get it, but what do you expect they love that popcorn music that they shove down our throat every second of the day. Alicia is clearly on ICON status with this album. Don’t need to vote, downloaded it on Itunes at midnight and bought my copy this morning and 5 more for Xmas gifts.

• November 27, 2012 at 9:03 am
      LOL says:

Alicia never fails me. She’s just great!!!!

2. November 27, 2012 at 8:54 am
    John Blake says:

I think that the best is her first album, Songs in A Minor. It’s free, shy and fresh. I really love it.

3. November 27, 2012 at 8:55 am
    White girl mob says:

Pretty much all of them pretty much are trash just like her.. Kreayshawn debut album kills all that trash. That b**** be f****** with other people’s husband I don’t have respect for a HO ass trick like this b****.

And all her Stan’s can kiss my white ass cuz I don’t give a f***!

• November 27, 2012 at 9:02 am
      LOL says:

Go jump in front of a BUS FAST!!!!

• November 27, 2012 at 10:16 am
      SHARON says:

Kreayshawn???? LMAO!!! Go seek help!!

4. November 27, 2012 at 9:03 am
    Dee says:

Songs In A Minor! Hands down! This new album comes in at a close second!

5. November 27, 2012 at 9:05 am
    Let's Be Real says:

It’s really hard to pick.Alicia has released great consistent album and has only competed with herself. She was one of the few artist who didn’t sell out to the europop insanity and I appreciate that as well.if I had to pick though, it would have to be As I Am. From the now classic love song, No One, to the Prince-esque Like You’ll Never See Me Again to the upbeat fun Teenage Love Affair the album is one you can play and catch different aspects of what it means to be in love. All of her albums are great, but As I Am resonates with me the most as my favorite.

• November 27, 2012 at 9:10 am
      LOL says:

Check out “This Bed” on “TEOF” album…Prince-esque

• November 27, 2012 at 11:23 pm
        Sonya says:

Yes, that one is great! I forgot to include that one in my favorites.

• November 27, 2012 at 11:21 pm
      Sonya says:

You’re right it is really hard to pick and I love As I Am. BUT, I would have to say my favorite is “Element Of Freedom”. I still can listen to it all the way through and the deluxe edition includes one of my favorite songs, “Pray For Forgiveness”. “Love Is Blind”, a track that was never released is one of the best on the album and “Unthinkable” is undeniably one of her best. A few other unreleased tracks are also some of my favorites. “That’s How Strong My Love Is” and “Wait til You See My Smile” are excellent songs. Oh and how could I forget “Empire State Of Mind”, Alicia’s version. This album really got me interested in Alicia’s music again and I’m hoping her new album does the same for others.

6. November 27, 2012 at 9:06 am
    LOL says:

I have to say “TEOF” is the best. She went in on that album. She stepped out of her box on some songs, but still made them amazin! Alicia is just a great artists.

7. November 27, 2012 at 9:16 am
    Dee says:

“Songs In A Minor,” hands down! She was so young, vulnerable & SOULFUL & you could hear it throughout that whole album. She has come a long way and this new album “Girl On Fire” is about to break records!

8. November 27, 2012 at 9:22 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

I voted Diary, loved how different it was, one of the best ever to come from Alicia, but I have to be honest i do love all Alicia’s albums!

9. November 27, 2012 at 10:06 am
    ga3l says:

Every one is different and great but i voted for Diary cause the whole album is just awsome

10. November 27, 2012 at 10:07 am
    JER says:

Aint nobody really here for this new album. She may have decent first week sales because I know Alicica Keys does still have some harcore fans…. but I’ll be waiting for the first month receipts

• November 27, 2012 at 11:50 am
      lol says:

CORRECTION! you not here for this album! Alicia fanbase is deep, say whatever you like.

11. November 27, 2012 at 10:30 am
    LolaAM says:

I’d go with either Songs In A Minor or Diary of Alicia Keys because I can listen to each of those without skipping a track. DOAK was her last great album,imo.

12. November 27, 2012 at 11:13 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Ok, I´m streaming new Alicia Keys album “Girl on Fire” right now. I´m on track 4 and what I´m listening is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
    Could it be this is going to become my favorite AK album ever? I have to finish but wow
    It´s definitely one of my faves of this year already

13. November 27, 2012 at 11:19 am
    Kenny says:

Am sure ur mama is bigger b****. Hater

14. November 27, 2012 at 11:30 am
    Mely B says:

THE DIARY OF ALICIA KEYS – because she successfully crafted a sophomore album that was stronger than her debut. I loved that she came out of the box doing music that no other young Black female r&b artists were doing at that time. While I love SONGS IN A MINOR

• November 27, 2012 at 11:34 am
      Mely B says:

(SORRY) to skip a few songs that are filler-esque to me while everything about DIARY worked for me from song placement to production to lyrics. I’m never bored listening to DIARY and while her subsequent releases have been strong & bold as she experiments with new sounds, DIARY truly captured my heart and remains not only my fave AKeys album but one of my fave albums period.

15. November 27, 2012 at 11:35 am
    Robinoost says:

The Diary of : ALICIA KEYS
    Because it was real and pure ! :)

16. November 27, 2012 at 11:43 am
    J. Vryheid says:

Songs In A Minor is her best work. There is something about her artists first album that can’t touch the others.

When Fallin’ was released, the NATION wanted to know “Who is this girl?” It was something that we’ve never heard. At that moment, we knew we were blessed with an icon. An icon that I’ve been religiously following since 2001.

While Alicia is still great, nothing can beat her Songs In A Minor, it was organic, her vocals were at its sharpest and everyone wanted a piece of AK.

Girl on Fire sounds great! Fire We Make and Brand New Me is everything!

17. November 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    amar says:

the element of freedom

18. November 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm
    NiKos says:

The “Diary” Of Course,Coz “Karma” Was In It!

19. November 27, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    Rell says:

Diary is my fave album from her. from beginning to end is amazing and love the lyrics and meannings of the songs

20. November 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    Todd says:

Diary and As I Am !

21. November 27, 2012 at 2:04 pm
    zzzzg says:

good girl gone bad rip off

22. November 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm
    RAY says:

I voted for The Element of Freedom. It has some great catchy songs. And it contains my favorite: Empire State Of Mind. Great sing to go out belting along and have a ball. I never get bored by it. And I’ve never even been to New York. But I guess other places must seem like a dork. Or was that Madonna?! ;-)

23. November 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm
    ODD BALLER says:

Alicia Keys BEST album was Diary of…

It is the most cohesive album from beginning to end. Who could forget ‘You Don’t Know My Name’, ‘If I Ain’t Got You’, ‘Karma’, and everyone’s fav ‘Diary’ feat. Tony! Toni! Toné!. But OMG ‘Heartburn’ was that banger Alicia finally gave me and ‘Dragon Days’ could’ve been that heat the charts needed. I can’t wait to hear Girl On Fire! It could be the best staple yet

24. November 27, 2012 at 2:42 pm
    Aishaaguilerakeys says:

I already got my copy, but I think that all of Alicia’s albums stand out from eachother and cannot be compared, they are all unique. This one is as good as the previous ones, she did a good job.

25. November 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm
    Aneal says:

It’s very hard to choose, but I would have to say Unplugged. It shows Alicia’s greatness as a vocalist and live performer. It shows her worth not just in the studio as a live vocalist and when listening it feels like you’re their watching her in concert. Plus it’s got a wide variety of her previous songs, covers and some new songs :)

26. November 27, 2012 at 3:35 pm
    Daniel says:

I really liked The Element of Freedom. I enjoyed most of the tracks on there.

27. November 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    MC says:

Songs in a minor. Simply because the song and video for Fallin was one of the first videos from America that caught my attention to the fullest. I believe some of her best artistic ability shone the most in that album (followed by Diary).

28. November 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm
    BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

Dairy.

• November 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm
      BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

The Diary of Alicia Keys.

29. November 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    Hilly says:

“You don’t know my name”, “Slow Down”, “If I Aint’t Got You” and of course “Diary”: The Diary Of Alicia Keys is her best album.

30. November 27, 2012 at 10:53 pm
    Kim says:

Her best album is Songs in A Minor because it has sold over 12 million copies worldwide.

31. November 28, 2012 at 8:33 am
    bibi93 says:

Diary

32. November 28, 2012 at 10:56 am
    the real kim says:

i liked The Element of Freedom, it was rare and raw like an adele record, “how it feels to fly”, i played religiously, and “unthinkable” is a classic, she sung i new song on 106 which was fresh “brand new kind of me” yeah me like’