Watch: Miguel Performs ‘Do You…’ On ‘Jimmy Fallon’

Watch: Miguel Performs Do You... On Jimmy Fallon

For some performers, acclaim is only a matter of when, and not if.

The above could be used to explain Miguel’s rise to fame this year, hailed as the poster child for Contemporary R&B following a long and tiresome journey to the top.

Releasing his second studio album ‘Kaleidosope Dream’ on September 25th of this year, last night saw him take to ‘Late Night With Jimmy Fallon’ to perform one of its standout cuts ‘Do You’, days after the LP hit combined US sales of 170,000 units.

Watch below…

• November 17, 2012 at 10:22 am
    toohotfortv says:

OMG! he freaking smashed that.

• November 17, 2012 at 10:43 am
    Jeff says:

…. And elsewhere Frank Ocean is fading into obscurity and will only be remembered for busting out the closet on the eve of his album release and his twitter/tumblr and website postings about whither a guy is his boyfriend or not.

Frank was hailed as the next best thing that even Beyonce was proud to be seen with him and posting twitter pics, then when Frank didn’t lite up as she thought the singing parasite ran to Miguel to record and stated posting twitter pics

Go Miguel! Keep doing you awesome thang! Just don’t let it involve devil worshipping.

RICHANDBLACK11(JUST LIKE OBAMA AND BEY) Replied:

No she didn’t know your facts Beyonce works with Frank First , back in 2010 or early 2011

Jeff Replied:

Re- read my post, thats what it says Frank didn’t lite up, he worked on 4, Miguel is getting critical acclaim and he’s working on the new album.
    Wheres the confusion?

JoJo Replied:

Shes working with talented people, wouldn’t you in that industry? She collaborated with Frank BEFORE people barely even knew who he was, get it right. Really, why bring Beyonce into it anyway? SMH.

Jeff Replied:

@JoJo – Frank was known as a songwriter by another name and was established before changing to Frank Ocean and working with Beyonce, and actually she worked with him AFTER Ultra/Nostalgia mixtape came out to which he got acclaim.
    I would work with talented people but i wouldn’t pretend i wrote songs when i worked with the less known/established and pretend they were mine.

Why defensively respond and then ask why bring Beyonce into it, why not just ask that? In answer to your question because i can

mob Replied:

LOL, DAMNNNNNNNNNNN! :-)

JoJo Replied:

Girl bye you just wanna shade Beyonce at any opportunity, thats the answer to my question. And in answer to you’re question, like you said, because I can.

JoJo Replied:

But at least we both agree that Miguel talented af. I wish him all the best.

• November 17, 2012 at 11:25 am
    ELVIS PRESLY SPILLING TEA says:

miguel > frank. i rest my case plus miguel is a QT and musically more enticing. GREAT PERFORMANCE. I HOPE HE CROSS OVER.

Jeff Replied:

With all these shows and a well selling album i think he’s crossing over already.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

I wouldn´t call this great album “well selling album”. Sorry but no. He deserves it though

• November 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    JoJo says:

DO YOU is my songggg, loving Miguel and the whole album.

• November 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

f*** I can´t watch the video. I´m sure it was great. I love his album
    And can people please stop hating for no reason? Can´t you like Miguel while leaving Frank Ocean out of this post? Frank Ocean also had a great album and you will deal

• November 17, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    soulmusiclover says:

miguel gives me life!! he’s incredibly talented! of course he’s better than frank ocean but frank is still alented

• November 17, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    soulmusiclover says:

talented*

• November 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    thefollowerofthesun says:

Miguel needs to give Anna Wintour her glasses back in that first picture.

toohotfortv Replied:

if they were Anna’s shades…. you would be gagging; so how about you hop up off Miguel’s ball-sack. truth be told, you wish you were rocking them; and wait a damn minute, can we talk about those shades YOU’RE wearing…. on second thought, let’s not. #theshadeofitall

• November 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm
    BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

I own BOTH Frank’s and Miguel’s albums They are both great and I love them for very different reasons. Why the very unnecessary hostility thrown at Frank in order to praise Miguel? Silly.

Anyway, great performance.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

Exactly

• November 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    mob says:

Where’s the video? 0_o

• November 17, 2012 at 4:59 pm
    Belladonna says:

I love him now! Use to not like him because of some interview I saw of him, I thought he was a b****! Lol but not he seems happy, that could have to do with the fact that his dreams are now coming ture and more people are listening to his music. I’m happy for him keep up the good job I love when he’s free s***!

• November 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm

22.)KEYSHIA COLE
    23.)T.I.
    24.)MAROON 5
    25.)CHRISTINA AGUILERA

• November 17, 2012 at 7:02 pm
    savonn says:

yall sleepin’ on his album! go cop it!

[...] ‘Do You…’ On ‘Jimmy Fallon’ That Grape Juice Sat, November 17, 2012 2:56 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); [...]

• November 19, 2012 at 3:10 pm