Christina Aguilera Tributes Sandy Hook School Victims On ‘The Voice’ (Performance)

shares
christina aguilera sandy hook e1355831977444 Christina Aguilera Tributes Sandy Hook School Victims On The Voice (Performance)

As the world continues to mourn the the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, The Voice paid tribute to the deceased during last night’s episode.

Backed by contestants on the show, coaches Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton performed an emotional rendition of Leonard Cohen‘s classic ‘Hallelujah’ – honouring the lives of the murdered by holding their names on cards.

Watch the touching showing below…

That Grape Juice extends our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of the victims.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• Tyler

Tyler (109)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (90)

• Mark111

Mark111 (59)

• DEL BEY

DEL BEY (58)

1. December 18, 2012 at 7:14 am
    Josh says:

Amazing, I’ve always wanted to hear her sing this song… fav song, fav singer. yay for me haha. wish I got to hear more of her tho.

• December 18, 2012 at 9:01 am
      Thorne says:

So Christina Milian cannot sing? Seriously? She is a RECORDING ARTISTE too!!! They could have given her a damn mike!

• December 18, 2012 at 11:05 am
      Peter G says:

This is the best version!

• December 18, 2012 at 11:32 am
        King B>Rihanna says:

• December 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm
        Josh says:

Jeff Buckley’s version will always be the best version deff not Alexandra… lol sorry

2. December 18, 2012 at 7:37 am
    Sleazy says:

Wow christina voice just goes threw my soul! R.I.P

3. December 18, 2012 at 7:37 am
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

This is so thoughtful to do, it was just a horrible incident and too many lives were lost, too many children’s lives. Prayers for the lost ones (both adult and children) and prayers for the family and friends of those that lost someone that faithful day.

Things likes this just shouldn’t happen and especially not in children’s elementary school.

4. December 18, 2012 at 7:39 am
    Pop Royalty says:

how smart and cute!!

5. December 18, 2012 at 7:47 am
    Dunk says:

Beautiful..

6. December 18, 2012 at 7:52 am
    HOTSTUFF says:

what a nice tribute !
    Xtina, gurl that wig……….

7. December 18, 2012 at 8:17 am
    Beyonce's Bush says:

What a beautiful tribute.
    Nobody, let alone an innocent child should be unwillingly stripped of a life they deserve to live. To think of the trauma those kids experienced in their final moments and how they died is devastating. May their souls rest in peace <3

8. December 18, 2012 at 8:18 am
    Lax says:

This was a very nice thing to do and so thoughtful
    of Xtina to do,,,

9. December 18, 2012 at 8:59 am
    King B>Rihanna says:

That song is one of my favorite song ever, CA was not the only one tribute the victims and i could go in on how her voice has deteriorate but because it was for a special occasion I will let it slide.

10. December 18, 2012 at 9:04 am
    KingMe says:

That was beautiful. However, y’all are acting as if it was just Xtina alone on the stage singing LOL
    Xtina, Adam, Sheldon, Cee-lo

11. December 18, 2012 at 9:25 am
    2bad2bme says:

THIS WAS EVERYTHING….CEE-LO ALMOST HIT THE SPOT YES

12. December 18, 2012 at 9:51 am
    Monstarebel says:

Beautiful r.I.p. to everyone who lost their lives during that horrible shooting :(

13. December 18, 2012 at 10:14 am
    Peter G says:

I know this was supposed to be thoughtful but this is why loners do these type of killings, to then get this type of attention from celebrities and the media. If something like this happened in the UK you’d only hear of it in the paper or news once. Though we don’t allow guns in the UK, I’ve never seen one or touched one ever!

• December 18, 2012 at 1:58 pm
      JOHNVIDAL says:

I´ve never seen or touched one either here in Spain

• December 18, 2012 at 3:56 pm
      ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

20 kids between the ages of 5 and 6 died as well as 6 adults! This mass-murder had nothing to do with “FAME” but everything to do with mental health and gun control problems. Do you really expect people to let this issue go under the rug? Lives were ended, innocent lives, and let me remind you these are kids my little brother’s age, this could have been his school and his class……this incident needs to get full attention so that he stigma of getting your family members help if they have mental issues is removed from society and that this epidemic is handled correctly as well as the issue of gun control without violating a person’s 2nd Amendment rights to bare arms.

14. December 18, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Peter G says:

Oh, so I can comment again. Something was blocking me before.

15. December 18, 2012 at 10:20 am
    Sierra says:

Great Tribute <3

26 people didnt deserve to die like that. To kill 20 angels with multiple gun shot wounds like that and "FOR WHAT ?!" no reason at all thats is absolutely horrible. Those innocent children may they rest in heavenly peace as well as the women who fought to protect them may they rest in heavenly peace as well My God… smh.

16. December 18, 2012 at 11:45 am
    King. says:

That was so touching and beautiful.

17. December 18, 2012 at 11:51 am
    mr.m says:

THE VOICE OF OUR GENERATION <3

18. December 18, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    mobwife: mentally ill my arsh, he made a life choice! says:

This is becoming a little to gratuitous for me. I feel sorry for those who lost their lives to an angry, arrogant, aggressive & evil 20-yr-old Adam Landsa (sp?) whose social & developmental condition is now being used to justify his MASS MURDER. He was not insane but made a life choice to kill twenty 6-yr-olds and six or seven adults. He also made a choice to kill his mother, kindergarten teacher Nancy, THE SURVIVALIST & GUN ENTHUSIAST (owner of the 5 semi-automatic weapons used in the killings), who taught him and his brother Ryan how to shoot guns. Who teaches a mentally ill child how to shoot guns? 0_o ……..exactly no one! I wish the media would stop with that bullsh*t!

**When “certain people” kill they are always declared by the media to be mentally il,l although they were sane enough to plot and carefully execute their plan!

19. December 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

What happened in the Sandy Hook Elementary School was a tragedy, this is a beautiful tribute, I still wonder why God allows things like this happen. You shouldn’t be allowed to have a gun in your home for self-defense.

20. December 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm
    SHUH says:

Such a shady title. You’d think Christina sang the song on her own. Stop de-crediting the others Girl needs to lose the wig as well, she looks like Myra Hindley with that cheap ass thing on her head

21. December 18, 2012 at 3:25 pm
    Insatagram Classickiddjones64 says:

Man My Eyes Just Waters And Heart Breaks To Think That This Has Really Happened To The Innocence Lives Of Children The Coaches Did A Good Tribute To The Parents Of Their Lost Ones As A Parent Myself I Think Words Can’t Express What They Are Going Through And The Impact That This Has Had On All Off Us Around The World May The Lil Souls Rest In Peace And As I Pray Help The Families And Friends Get Through This Tragic Accident

22. December 18, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    honeychildplease says:

I cried this is so wonderful….may the victims r.i.p my child

23. December 18, 2012 at 6:35 pm
    irene46 says:

beautiful tribute by all! christina sounded wonderful.

btw, christina,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

24. December 24, 2012 at 7:03 pm
    MRDIVABITCH says:

Horrible, not even for a tribute to the children can she stop herself from screaming like a dying pig