Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Exclusive: Ciara Talks ‘One Woman Army’ At VH1 Divas 2012

Here at That Grape Juice we’re ever keen to ask the questions you really want answers to! As such, when we caught up with Ciara at VH1 Divas 2012 last week, it was almost obligatory that we quizzed the stage blazer on her ‘One Woman Army’ project and the next single(s) to be lifted from the hotly anticipated set.

• December 23, 2012 at 4:03 pm
    BABY T says:

One Woman Army will FLOP!

[...] True to form, Ms. Harris was super coy. However, we can vouch for her comments about “super exciting” developments next year. Watch this space. Source. [...]

• December 23, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    BABY T says:

The only R&B female artists that do well in album sales are Beyonce, Alicia Keys and Mary J. Blige (Note: Rihanna is NOT an R&B artist so she doesn’t count).

Monstarebel Replied:

& neither is beyonce….

BABY T Replied:

lol

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

Beyonce is both Rnb which is her core and pop

laytee Replied:

yeah hun. i love beyonce, but she’s definitely pop.

King B>Rihanna Replied:

with r&b in there to.

Songbirdie Replied:

Rihanna makes just the same amount of RnB as Beyonce. Besides, Beyonce has labeled HERSELF as a pop star…

Anne Replied:

Well if you just look at their last albums, ’4′ significantly outsold Mary’s last album and Alicia’s is off to a very slow start so at this point Beyonce is selling better than all of the other R&B divas. She may be a pop artist in general but she decided to return to her R&B core for ’4.’ Rihanna does not have a R&B core. She didn’t have to become a crossover Pop artist because she has never been considered an R&B artist.

• December 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm
    laytee says:

poor ciara. WHAT happened to her? she went from having #1 albums & singles, to completely FLOPPING the next year. two flop albums in a row, and im pretty sure that her new album will also flop. i know thats got to hurt! i just want her to make good music…..something she hasn’t being doing lately. ‘got me good’ is bloody awful.

LTM Replied:

Ciara has only 1 #1 album and single. Just saying…

laytee Replied:

well whatever. goodies went 3x platinum, and her second album also went platinum. she was extremely successful and her career ended overnight. that was my point doll. but thanks for pointing that out. muah xoxo

• December 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm
    King B>Rihanna says:

At this point f*** a hit Ciara, i need quality music from you and I will be fine.

• December 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm
    Monstarebel says:

Ciara should be glad he didnt release One Tranny Army this year with singles like boring ass Sorry &Weak ass Got me good that album woulda sold 26k at max lol…..his basic instinct era had better singles….ride was my s***

Well ATLEAST this gives him more time to make decent music that can actually sell before this album comes out

BABY T Replied:

“he”, “his”, “him” lol

CIARASLAYSMOTHAS! Replied:

This is the most positive u have ever been. Are u sick?

• December 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm
    CIARA = QUEEN OF FLOPS says:

C-Error should just forget about charts and album sales and go independent and keep making music just for the fans because she just keeps flopping….

Teenage Dream (Beyonce's Weave) Replied:

What will she do for money though?

• December 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm
    SHA (I have DESTROYED Rita WhOra now PAIGE THOMAS) says:

Ciara was ushered in on a trend CRUNK when that faded no one was interested in Ciara because she refuse to change her sound and evolve having one or two songs that is not heavy bass or doing ballads when she knows she cant sing LOL is not switching it up at this point get back with 50 cent and get pregnant and those child support check will ensure you can keep this lifestyle and keep hanging out with Kim and LALA!!!

Monstarebel Replied:

Honestly you would think since ciaras a dancer he woulda evolved & hopped on the euro pop s***…all these artists sing these euro pop dance songs but can’t dance…Ciara would slay some choreography with that type of music…CANT no other artists dance aswell as ciara besides Chris Brown

but Ciara & his team are stupid and to scared to try something new…so they’ll just continue sticking to this dry as formula…

CHUDDS Replied:

She’d still flop if she did electro pop. Most of her fans were black female teenagers. She probably would’ve had a few hits if she released electro pop music. Look at Flo Rida. Pop hits out of the ass, but extremely low album sales.

• December 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm
    SHA (I have DESTROYED Rita WhOra now PAIGE THOMAS) says:

Nothing but a glorified back up dancer and a knock off Janet and Michael #aintnobodygottimeforthat

• December 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm
    Carl says:

Why so much Ciara hate

PSA (FAF) Replied:

I’m not even responding its the same 2 ppl under numerous IPs in the public library . #OWA 2013!

• December 23, 2012 at 4:37 pm
    Tallb says:

well, she didn’t really say much….i don’t understand how her team would release “got me good”, it’s only a song for the fans. she needs to reach more people

• December 23, 2012 at 4:37 pm
    SHA (I have DESTROYED Rita WhOra now PAIGE THOMAS) says:

I hear Beyonce is looking for dancers for her Superbowl performance and her world tour get on it CICI!!!!!!!!

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

shade

PSA (FAF) Replied:

she gon need them with that 360 pepsi gave her .. Notice Nicki didn’t have a 360, they just paid her for a commercial Beyawnce trynna revamp to compete w/ Rihoe …. thats the real shade ! #OOPS

• December 23, 2012 at 5:13 pm
    Fierce p**** says:

Beyonce: too ghetto to be pop and have a versatile worldy sound. Apparently Rihanna isn’t ghetto because she sings mostly pop. Now beyis too pop on this post, according to the navy, to be r&b. Confused. All y’all birds can do is squawk cuz ya don’t know s*** about music or genres for that matter. Beyonce has always been r&b including with DC and in her solo career hence the reason she has had a major following, support in the black community and Dance for you is still getting airplay on urban radio. Pop stands for popular music. If she’s popular that’s a good thing but if you say she is a contenporary r&b singer with crossover appeal that would make more sense. Since country, rock musicians can be crossover as well. Bubblegum Pop is for generics like Britney spears, Katy perry, Selena Gomez. Rihanna has made urban based songs but she probably will never be considered closer to R&B like beyonce who started in a pop/r&b group of the 90′s anyway when r&b was more mainstream and popular. So bey will probably be more linked to r&b than Rihanna since Rihanna has delved into more dancehall/euro type of pop. and u can’t specifically say beyonce is more pop than r&b when her last album and most of her albums are r&b influenced. B’Day was funk influenced r&b and I…Am Sasha fierce commercially was the only one that was a risk taker to appeal to more pop fans. But that’s about it.

As for Ciara she is probably delaying this project to get people more interested in it.

Anne Replied:

Think you hit the nail on the head with the “comtemporary R&B” artist with pop appeal description of Beyonce. Contemporary R&B sometimes gets thrown into the pop category because it crosses over better than traditional R&B, I think that’s where the confusion comes in.

• December 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I like it, “One Man Army” seem to be a good album.

LTM Replied:

That was weak shade. You could do better

PSA (FAF) Replied:

What can u expect from the stan of a dead f***** ?

• December 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    CHUDDS says:

Ciara is always talking about the same old s***. She’s “vulnerable,” She has something, “exciting up her sleeve”. Yada yada girl. Either put up or shut up. You’re on track to have your third commercial failure. Get it together boo.

Mark Replied:

I’m sorry, but I have to agree. On all her albums that flopped, it was alway “it’s gonna be crazy”, like you last two singles? (I like them tho)

• December 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm
    An0thRDream says:

Love Ciara!!! Shes so sweet and gorgeous!! Can’t wait for this era to soar to new heights! Sorry is incredible, got me goods video is insane! It only gets better :)

• December 23, 2012 at 5:59 pm
    LTM says:

Ive been a Ciara fan since day one but Im losing my patience with her and her team. Basic Instincts was a let down for me not because of album sales but because of quality. Ride, Wants For Dinner, and Turn It Up were the only good songs, the rest were forgettable fillers. It was such a disappointment coming after Fantasy Ride, her most creative and progressive album to date. In my opinion, Fantasy Ride was Ci’s “Rated R” moment. She proved that she could do pop. The album flopped because poor handling. Never Ever should have never ever been released; Like A Surgeon, Tell Me What Your Name Is, or I Dont Remember would have been better choices. Never Ever was the weakest song off the album. Her team thought she flopped because she went “too mainstream” and decided to go back to basics. Going backwards is not going to put you back on top. To be honest, If I wasnt a true fan of Ci I would have never wasted my money on BI. Now we have One Woman Army and I feel like its the opposite of the Fantasy Ride era: bad music good promo/handling. I love Sorry as a single because it catered to the urban crowd but who the f*** decided Got Me Good would be fit as the mainstream hit Ci needs?? Especially when almost everyone agrees Overdose>>>>>>>>>Livin It Up>>>>>>>>>>GMG. Ciara is wasting promo on GMG that could have easily launched Overdose or LIU into the top 40.

I was hoping for a platinum single and for the album to go gold and finish it off with a modest theatre tour but I doubt that will happen. From what I heard from the leaks and singles(aside from GMG), One Woman Army will be a solid album and in the end thats all that matters I guess. Hopefully better than Basic Instincts

• December 23, 2012 at 6:08 pm
    Yea i said it says:

yall see how sam turn comments off in rihanna post about her donating, now if she was at the stripper club , he would let people hate in full bast. f** ass b****!

PSA (FAF) Replied:

Fagg why u mad? We dont care about u nor Rihoe ! Now keep it moving ugly ! We only here for the QUEEN of performing !

• December 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm
    Vidiii says:

People come on..
    Yall are not trusting cici..
    I mean, one woman army has much much more promotion than basic instinct..
    Vh1, black girls rock, tour.. Bought my ticket in amsterdam to see here, album listening party..
    Sorry is a good single, for the urban crowd..
    And I agree with you all that got me good is not a good choice.. But dont forget!
    Sorry and gmg are 1A+1B singles……
    So there are still coming 2 music videos…
    And i hope, I really hope that, One Woman army or overdose would be releases as singles.. Or boy outta here with Rick Ross.
    Or the unnamed nicki minaj track..
    Overdose is pop, i think that is the right single to use it noww… She is getting a lot of promo guys.. Maybe the singles arent selling enough.. But maybe the album will do giod, we dont now.. I likes al albums of her, exept Basic instinct, only ride, and speechles were the right tracks of that album..
    ONE WOMAN ARMY TO SLAYYY!!!
    And cant wait for 18Januari!!! Live Cici in amsterdam!!!! XD

• December 23, 2012 at 8:11 pm
    CCFan007 says:

Keep posting ya hate ass comments ci doesnt care what y’all think! Has she given up yet? lmao NOPE!! She’s here to stay!

• December 23, 2012 at 8:39 pm
    Teenage Dream (Beyonce's Weave) says:

She already blew it with the singles she released. There’s no saving this project, time to become a fitness model or something because OWA era is not going to happen Mzz Ciara.

PSA (FAF) Replied:

Fagg wake me when Katy Scary has a grammy for something she wrote instead of Kesha reject music …

Teenage Dream (Beyonce's Weave) Replied:

Aren’t you a Nicki Minaj fan?? LMAO Teenage Dream’s US Sales alone >>> Nicki Minaj’s entire discography and you will deal.

LMAO you really wanted to try it didn’t you?

• December 23, 2012 at 8:52 pm
    PSA (FAF) says:

Good grief ! U homos are highly pressed sam didnt let y’all comment on RiFLOPPa thread………….. Nothing can flop more than an album w/ a #1 single that fails to go gold in the US.. CH ! I cant !

• December 23, 2012 at 9:11 pm
    Mark says:

I don’t know what she can do. I thought he last two singles would be IT, but it seems to be Fantasy Ride and Basic Instinct all over again. At least he songs aren’t leaking as bad as the last two era tho.

• December 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    Fierce p**** says:

Teenage Dream: (beyonce hater) and I saw you stanning for nicki once so don’t even try it. So many flip floppers on this site.

Katy perry: Betty Paige wannabe and no talent having ass. Queen of failed marriages. Her fans wish she was a legend. Fall back.

Teenage Dream (Beyonce's Weave) Replied:

If you come for Rihanna or Katy Perry, I don’t care who I used to stan for, I will tear your fav up. Don’t you dare come for these two chicks, your fav will need The Pope, Sister Mary and Baby Jesus once I’m done.

• December 23, 2012 at 11:29 pm
    Christina Aguilera says:

She will flop three times as hard as me. I predict 12k first week. That’s if her album ever sees the light of day.

• December 24, 2012 at 10:10 am
    OhSoVeezy says:

The face she made when she said “Turnt Up” convinced me that this era is about do thangs. I love Ciara. Her good music outweighs her bad so I’m still standing as a real fan. Her choice in singles are off for some reason. Basic Instinct should’ve done crazy numbers for 3 reasons, “Ride” brought crazy attention to her, Wants for Dinner would’ve got crazy club and radio play, and Heavy Rotation would’ve dominated radio, pop and urban. Not to mention You Can Get It and Turn It Up feat Usher. Gimme Dat (the song) should’ve been nothing more than an idea thrown out the window (just as well as Got Me Good ( the song). And Fantasy Ride was also good with silly single releases. I just don’t get Ci and where she was tryna go. She got me with Sorry original and remix, but lost me with Got Me Good.

Ps I love how haters are the main commenters. That’s so funny to me.

• December 24, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    JUSTSAYING says:

stop hating…………….

• December 24, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    Casual says:

Ciara can still salvage Got Me Good. We’re only a couple weeks past her impact date, with radio on autopilot for another two weeks, and sometimes labels have to work a single to actually get it played. This is especially true of an artist like Ciara, who is being reintroduced after a lackluster period.

I think Got Me Good just needs a remix of the rap part (“My booty’s shakin’, my bra’s too tight . . .”) of the song to weaken resistance at pop radio. Think of the instrumentation underneath Hollaback Girl (“A few times I’ve been around that track . . .”).

• December 25, 2012 at 2:16 am
    Queen Paris Jackson will slay your black faves says:

It’s not hate when it comes to Ciara she is genuinely a flop. And not enough people care about her. She should go and make mix tapes cuz she will never get a certified album again.

• December 25, 2012 at 11:43 pm
    Really? says:

All i know is, if i dont like an artist.. I wouldnt keep up on everything they are doing because thats what haters do. Ciara is doing good this time around, better than the last. She has my support

• December 25, 2012 at 11:47 pm