ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Watch: Mariah Carey Performs ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ On ‘Fallon’

mariah carey kimmel christmas2012 e1354706030803 Watch: Mariah Carey Performs All I Want For Christmas Is You On Fallon

Festive diva Mariah Carey continued to live up to her billing on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon early this morning.

Making a surprise appearance on the show, the 42 year old turned in a unique rendition of her Holiday classic ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ – backed by host Fallon, house-band The Roots, and a choir of children, all of which used classroom instruments.

Confused? Think Christina Aguilera‘s similarly-themed “performance” of ‘Your Body’ last month.

How did Mariah fare? The answer awaits after the jump…

Mariah nailed it!

Though not delivered with the ease of her heyday, Mimi still turned in a vocal that auto-qualifies her as one of the best active voices in the game today. Great performance.

A re-vocaled version of ‘All I Want’ features on ‘Merry Christmas II You’, the singer’s 2010 Holiday album.

The said LP is being re-promoted this year in a smart bid to add to its Gold certified sales. A move, which as relayed many a time, is particularly savvy in that it gives the project a potentially infinite lifecycle. What’s more, it awards the set the ability to add to its sales not just this Christmas – but every Christmas. Make that money, Mimi!

• December 5, 2012 at 6:45 am
    Girl007Bond says:

He ?? Mariah copied Christina :/ Hmmm thats not good

Martyn Replied:

How on EARTH!?

Girl007Bond Replied:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qz-IdG0Gc it looks the same. First I thought hmm why is Christina´s performance with your body is on Mariahs post and then I saw it was Mariah herself. She could have done it a lil different then Christina. I mean with the Roots and Jimmy Fallon and with all that look…. I´m not hatin, I´m just sayin …

JER Replied:

Who? No one watched, cared, or will remember XXLtina making a fool of herself begging strangers to f*** her fat p**** on live television. biggurlbye

Girl007Bond Replied:

Hey, I´m not here to disrespect somebody. I just told my opinion. Nobody copies Mariah !!! Tell me who copies Mariah ?? And yes Mariahs performance looks exactly the same like Xtinas and if you deni it then youre blind. Xtina was the first one who performed like that so is everything after a copy !!!

MC Replied:

@Girl007Bond
    Nobody copies Mariah, except Leona Lewsis, Xtina, etc……shows how little you know.

Girl007Bond Replied:

See, I don´t think like that. For me Xtina is very unique, thats why I love her so damn much. She is unbelievable talendet

MC Replied:

You know little about Xtina singing technique she has, since the beginning, tried to emulate Mariah’s technique, runs, melisma, etc but failed to do so……just accept it and move on.

MC Replied:

Really now? Girl as much as your fave likes to copy Mariah…….and you know that Fallon didn’t ask her to make the performance.

Martyn Replied:

So this is obviously a regular segment they’re going to do. I’m sure Mariah hasn’t even seen/cares about Christina’s saggy ass performance.

someybody is mad …

MC Replied:

Carly Rae Jespen’s performance of “Fallon” I suppose she copied Xtina too, right?

• December 5, 2012 at 6:47 am
    Music says:

My Favorite Christmas song that I listen to throughout the entire year…..Mariah did really well. I love when all of the studio tricks are taken away and the only thing that is front and center is the artist’s voice. Her voice sounds amazing!!!

• December 5, 2012 at 7:17 am
    Dunk says:

FANTASTIC!!!

• December 5, 2012 at 7:30 am
    MRDIVABITCH says:

f*** YOU ALL HATERS!

Mariah 100% SLAYED! if Mariah were copying Christina she would have screamed like a dying cow and gone off pitch every other note.

This clip is all kinds of great because it shows that Mariah still has it while y’alls faves can’t even stay in tune, and shows the real size of her voice – small to medium in volume – but though a smaller instrument, it never becomes ugly/distorted/strained/grainy as she projects over the music the way that a basic lesser b**** like Christina’s voice does as she pushes her voice beyond its natural volume (medium).

Christina does not have a big voice by nature. She just doesn’t. Big voices bloom in beauty as they sing louder (Whitney, Aretha, etc) while the smaller voice are the ones that become ugly and distorted when pushed to sing beyond their limits.

all4u1 Replied:

You are so pressed and that’s sad. I want you to know that I’m not pressed by you commenting about Christina, but I’m noticing how obsessed you are with her on every post!

If you don’t care about her, then why do you make comments deliberately bashing and making insults.

Don’t think I’m stalking you either, this is a Christina post and I’m a fan. Get The Hint?

all4u1 Replied:

and I do understand that this post is about Mariah, but Christina was mentioned!!!

MRDIVABITCH Replied:

GetchaGetchaGetcha life g3rl

Your fellow Straintina Offkeylera stans come here attacking queen goddess Mariah, and I’m just reading them b****** downE, hun-ty, and you will deal.

Benji Replied:

Xtina is not singing Opera MRDB…. Yes the same principles apply, but she does not sing classical music… I wish she did, I think she would sing way better and I think her voice would be mesmerizing on classical pieces. But Xtina is still a unique talent….

yap agree

MRDIVABITCH Replied:

Honeychil’ nobody is asking XXLtina to sing “Casta Diva” like Maria Callas. My only expectation is that If you are gonna call yourself “a powerhouse vocalist” and allow your team and stans to call you “the voice of our generation”, you:

A) Can sing at least 2 octaves without straining or weakness
    B) Can stay in tune singing live, especially given the amount of experience she has throughout the years.

• December 5, 2012 at 7:30 am
    Booboo says:

She did really well with that.

Yeah, I like it too. usually I´m not very much into Mariah´s singing

• December 5, 2012 at 7:31 am
    just saying says:

• December 5, 2012 at 7:31 am
    MC says:

She sounded great, poor Sam, forced to eat your words so now you wanna scramble and mention her heydays? Of course her voice cannot be the same, she has aged etc etc……..I am surprise that you didn’t she lipped. I am also not surprised that you tried it with the Xtina comparison, like Christina was the first person to do it.

JER Replied:

clock it grrrl

Girl007Bond Replied:

but Xtina was the first person who do it

Common Sense Replied:

Irrelevant. This is clearly some new ongoing segment Fallon will be doing, so get over it.

Girl007Bond Replied:

I really dont think like that

• December 5, 2012 at 7:34 am
    JER says:

MIMI you better go the f*** in GRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLL. Yal faves never could. Unlike some of yal faves looking and sounding a hot strained mess, Mariah serves CLASSIC legendary timeless POINT BLANK b****. Let’s see how yal faves look, sound, and sell on their 13th album. I’ll be waiting.

• December 5, 2012 at 7:40 am
    Josh says:

Actually, it’s a theme of Jimmy Fallon’s at the moment… He also did a similar theme with Carly Rae Jephson

• December 5, 2012 at 7:50 am
    DOSSOME says:

You don’t have to bring up her heyday when at present she still beats EVERYONE on the hot 100 hands down,and that includes the model with a mic,the alleged songwriter and xtina aguilera….

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

LOL at those 3! You are so right :)

• December 5, 2012 at 8:00 am
    Christina Aguilera says:

Mooriah Cowrey could never wail over a beat the way I do! She’s a basic, tacky b**** and wishes she could sell 73k in her first week like me. I am THAT legendary b**** and you b****** WILLLL deal!

LOTUS- nosediving down a billboard chart near you!

JER Replied:

I see you KFCtina! They really cut that budget if you gotta do your own street promo now. Get your life grrrl!

• December 5, 2012 at 8:00 am
    King B>Rihanna says:

Mariah Carey sounded great.Yes we get she age so her voice which is a muscle will not be as strong as it once was but Mariah at her vocal worst slays these basic b****** at their vocal best.And your fav will deal.

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

Hmmm. Jessie J probably not. Just keep it real.

MC Replied:

Jessie J? What kind of a basic choice.

• December 5, 2012 at 8:06 am
    : : BLUE FRESH . : . : . . . . . says:

I could never like that song.

• December 5, 2012 at 8:36 am
    Mrs Robyn Brown (Beyonce's Weave) says:

I want slim s*** mi mi back.

DOSSOME Replied:

She looks good to me and her fans aren’t complaining…trust me,nobody is here for mariah that looks s*** and sings badly (see e=mc2 era).

she is slim

• December 5, 2012 at 8:40 am
    SayWhaaatt!!!!! says:

This is a fun and carefree version of the “All I want” . Love it!

Girl007Bond Replied:

yes a copy from Xtinas your body

MC Replied:

Yes also a copy of Carly Rae Jespen and everyone else that appeared on “Fallon” that performed the same way. Getyourlife.

• December 5, 2012 at 9:00 am
    Todd says:

Mariah sounded and looked amazing! Copied Christina???Thats like sayin that Anne Hatthaway copied Lindsay Lohan……

Girl007Bond Replied:

She could never look and sound like Christina

Todd Replied:

Thank god!

Girl007Bond Replied:

Yes, I bet Christina is thankful :)

MC Replied:

Yes, God does wondrous things!

• December 5, 2012 at 9:02 am
    Shaquinisha-Rose says:

Sooo Good! Lovin’ the vocals! Keep it up Mimi!!

• December 5, 2012 at 9:21 am
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

Mariah >>>>>>> that fat girl you speak of….

• December 5, 2012 at 9:30 am
    cocobutta says:

I hold my tits up when I say I thought one of my all time favs Mariah had lost it.

She waved her finger at me and said “uh uh chileeee, put those tits down and know dem babies gave me new life”

Mariah from being pregnant has come alll the way back to herself singing wise.
    The Mariah thats sings effortlessly and brings me joy.

Slay slay slay :)

• December 5, 2012 at 10:13 am
    tits mcgee says:

Stellar! Mimi is legend! #DEAL

• December 5, 2012 at 10:16 am
    Mikefrombrooklyn says:

Didn’t sound too good to me.just my opinion

Scoopz24 Replied:

Mariah didnt sound she sounded flawless. Please have a _/_/_/_/

• December 5, 2012 at 11:08 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Everybody needs to know Sam officialy said RIP to Mariah Cary´s voice only two months ago!!!!!!!!
    I hope he never dares to shade a true great like Mariah Carey anymore in his entire existence. She slayed. She even surprised me, specially the last notes. Effortlessly

• December 5, 2012 at 11:10 am
    Sierra says:

Love me some MI MI :-)

• December 5, 2012 at 11:21 am
    Rory says:

Xtina is better !!

MRDIVABITCH Replied:

Christina’s fat p**** ain’t better at s***! She is only better at stuffing her face with doughnuts and passing on STD’s

What´s wrong witcha

ronnoc Replied:

a mariah fan talking about another singers weight… OK.

MC Replied:

Sike.

King B>Rihanna Replied:

Xtina is not better.when she hits one of those high notes like Mariah without doing all those messy vocal runs call me she does not have proper technique and awareness of her voice like Mariah and just deal.

jason Replied:

Christinas video on Jimmy Fallon has yet to reach 1 million views in over a month.

However Mariahs video that was released 24 hours ago has already almost double that!

NUFF SAID!

believe it

• December 5, 2012 at 11:47 am
    Bad Bytch says:

HOT ASS MESS..

Scoopz24 Replied:

b**** Please Your Face is a Hot ASS MESS !!!!! Mariah slayyed b**** be gone *Bye*

• December 5, 2012 at 11:57 am
    HOTSTUFF says:

she f****** nailed it ! omg ….*Turns on the emancipation of mimi*

• December 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    HOTSTUFF says:

jimmy fallon is cute lol

• December 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm
    just saying says:

Anyone who say she sound a hot ass mess is officially a hot ass mess

• December 5, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    Slick says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHe Nailed it!!!! no vocal rest, no gimmicks, not backe tracking, no back ground singers finishing her lines!!!!!!!! 100% LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeaH MARIAH!!!!!! SLAY them HOES!!!!!!!!

• December 5, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    just sayin says:

I don’t understand why people are so pressed
    To say she copied xtina, when this is Jinmy Fallon’s theme, sounds dumb. How could she copy something he created for singers. You people find any reason to hate.

• December 5, 2012 at 2:10 pm
    Rob says:

Too bad Your Body is an irrelevant flop, while All I Want For Christmas is You is a timeless classic that snatches wigs every December. You fave could and will never.

• December 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    HBF82 says:

Mariah explained.
    Impeccable! Stunning!

• December 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    Gigi says:

Grandtastic !!! The Diva !!! One an Only !!!!

• December 5, 2012 at 3:35 pm
    jason says:

Listen anyone who says Mariah has lost is is just pure ignorant. Mariah clearly just gets serious when she wants to.

Does she need to respect her status and get more serious about her singing again? YES!

But who tells the #1 Female Singer of all time what to do at 42?

We all know if Mariah started being serious about vocal training and rest like she use to none of these b****** would have a clue what to do!

• December 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm
    Todd says:

”Cant nobody cant nobody tell her nothin”

Scoopz24 Replied:

RIght !!!! She Slayyed

• December 5, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    Geezy says:

Slayriah put it down all by herself with no help, now haters like Sam wanna try and throw darts by referring to her past how small of you just appreciate the moment and give Mariah her props without all the extra b*******(The backhanded compliments) its so unnecessary and you look so wack doing so. Long live the legend that is Mrs. Carey-Cannon.

• December 5, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    HIP HOP STAR says:

She sounded great. Not going to shade xtina, she’s been through enough lol.

• December 5, 2012 at 5:43 pm
    antertain says:

Yes yes YES!
    Sang Woman n stay looking young.
    Legend

• December 5, 2012 at 5:59 pm
    kam says:

Mariah really sound good her and it look like she had a good time singing this song. That dress that she had on look good on her

• December 6, 2012 at 1:43 am
    It's Utterly Bizaar! says:

The Queen is slaying OMG! Love how she always comes back re-improved! Woot Woot! :-)

• December 6, 2012 at 6:52 am
    goDIEGO says:

What a great performance!

SIDE NOTE: why are all the posts on these website so nasty? It’s like a war on here! Get outside and do something with your lives. Please.

• December 6, 2012 at 1:53 pm