Watch: Tamar Braxton Performs ‘Love & War’ On ‘Good Morning America’

shares
Tamar Braxton love war Watch: Tamar Braxton Performs Love & War On Good Morning America

Team Tamar Braxton are playing no games with the campaign for the singer’s new single ‘Love & War’.

Fresh from topping iTunes a day after release, the LaShawn Daniels cut has been the subject of a refreshingly ruthless promo campaign, which made its latest stop on ABC’s Good Morning America.

Watch below as Tamar and her band rock out to the winning cut!

{Video Removed As Requested}

“She” did that!

Vocally delicious, Tamar’s baritone serves as a nod of sorts to big sister Toni, while the power and adlibs she delivered really establish her as an amazing vocalist in her own right.

Yet another stunning performance.

shares

Nicki is queen!!! (37)

1. December 19, 2012 at 10:15 am
    B4REAL02 says:

Great job Tamar

2. December 19, 2012 at 10:16 am
    TeamBey/TeamBreezy/TeamYoungMoney says:

She can SING THE f*** OUT OF RIHANNA ANYDAY but she is still a FLOP!!!

*MWAH*

• December 19, 2012 at 10:30 am
      Monstarebel says:

why TF you gotta bring up Rihanna tho?? i swear you people stay pressed when it comes to Rih…anyways Tamar did great

• December 19, 2012 at 11:39 am
      no says:

yeah says someone who love Rihanna who has only 1 #1 album get cho life LOL

• December 19, 2012 at 5:27 pm
        Jer says:

Oh so now the soundbite is “Rihanna only has one #1 album” ch… Leave it to some keri hilson ass BeYAWNce stans tellin people to get they lives b**** get several lives for you and your family ho

3. December 19, 2012 at 10:18 am
    B. Thompson says:

she KILLED!!! her lower tone is so reminiscent of her sister, but that range is INSANE!!

4. December 19, 2012 at 10:21 am
    J. Vryheid says:

SLAYAGE.

5. December 19, 2012 at 10:21 am
    White girl mob says:

Gold all in my chain.. Gold all in my ring.. Gold all in my watch.. Don’t believe me just watch. n****! n****! n****! Gold all in my chain.. Gold all in my ring.. Gold all in my watch.. Don’t believe just watch. n****! n****! n****!

I don’t f*** with snitch n***** so don’t tell me who telling. I’m what you call a thug out white girl from Oakland that don’t take no s***. I don’t care about Rihanna navy or beehive hoes, s****, whores, cause I don’t f*** with fake ass fools.

• December 19, 2012 at 10:27 am
      G says:

WHU THE f** IS YU?? LMAOO

• December 19, 2012 at 8:33 pm
      Touché says:

I see someone is mad that their fav’s album didn’t sell

• December 23, 2012 at 5:26 am
      lpd says:

I didn’t know they had racist red necks in Oakland. Learn something new every day. And I’m a white chick saying that to your nasty hater ass, White Girl Mob. Jealous much?

6. December 19, 2012 at 10:26 am
    YOYO says:

OMG SHE SO DIIIID THAT!!! WOOOW!!!

• December 19, 2012 at 10:35 am
      YOYO says:

Them VOCALS took it to CHURCH!!

7. December 19, 2012 at 10:28 am
    Monstarebel says:

she did good as expected she go her promo game on lock I love it xoxo

8. December 19, 2012 at 10:29 am
    King B>Rihanna says:

I enjoyed it.

9. December 19, 2012 at 10:30 am
    White girl mob says:

Me & kreayshawn on block 24/7 we ain’t playing no games we pull you n***** card in publice. We don’t f*** with fake n***** we f*** with coke n***** y’all fake ass Stan’s in here is f*** n*****. We in the studio dropping classics while y’all sit at home in you’er mom basment and stalk people lives.

Rihanna navy & beehives is the fakest Stan base you see on TGJ. They don’t GO HARD! Like I do for kreayshawn. They hated on me but I’m still in these streets keeping it G f*** y’all other fake b****** in my face.. Suck a big c*** with eggs on the tip so I know it’s real. f*** these other broke b****** thumbs me down cause they know I’m the reallest white girl on this site!

• December 19, 2012 at 10:42 am
      Monstarebel says:

you call that going hard for you fav haaaaaa!!! she was the biggest flop of 2012! lol 3k?????? really? The KreayKreatures couldn’t do better that than for their #Ouch #PoorDat

• December 19, 2012 at 8:43 pm
      Touché says:

b**** please, you’re not hard. You probably just some raggedy ass white girl from malibu.

10. December 19, 2012 at 10:37 am
    Chris says:

I knew DHD could deliver this! Just nervous on Wendy!

• December 19, 2012 at 10:48 am
      YOYO says:

I think there may have been SOUND problems on Wendy WIlliams maybe she couldne hear herself in the earpice or sumthin.

• December 23, 2012 at 5:32 am
        lpd says:

You’re right, YOYO, there were sound problems. She was getting terrible feedback at the beginning. The echo was HUGE. I give Tamar big props for keeping her composure through it. As someone who sings, I felt for her. There is nothing worse than having the big nerves as you’re starting and then having something go wrong with your music or your sound. Your adrenalin is already running high and technical problems added to it send your adrenalin off the charts. Damn good job by Tamar in this appearance. She seemed much more comfortable and confident.

11. December 19, 2012 at 10:42 am
    b***** says:

SERIAL KILLER BEYONCE BOUT TO KILL THE GAME….. R.I.P TO THE OTHERS…… HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA….

• December 19, 2012 at 11:44 am
      Tamartian says:

Again someone trying to claim a massacre but her last tour & album was considered a flop. Hov had to beg w/ free tickets to fill her shows that’s kill umm right I think not have several seats!!!

• December 19, 2012 at 1:44 pm
        Rihanna says:

Beyonce last album sold more than Toni last 3 combined so just stop yourself. Not to mention Tamar first album only sold 1 copy. It was considered a flop? Girl it was Platninum and that’s something Tamar will NEVER see. And how was the “I Am… Tour” a flop? It grossed $100 million. GIRL BYE LMFAO

• December 23, 2012 at 4:15 am
        irene46 says:

tarmar’s voice is wearin’ out bey. rihanna’s voice has improved a hell of a lot but she and tamar shouldn’t even be in the same thought.

tamar’s voice is up there with whitney’s and mariah’s.

12. December 19, 2012 at 10:43 am
    gigi says:

i really wish she would sing this standing up…. this is my ISH

13. December 19, 2012 at 10:46 am
    Music says:

All of her performances after The Wendy Williams Show have been nothing short of AMAZING. She wasn’t lying when she said she sings best sitting down.

14. December 19, 2012 at 10:48 am
    BEYHIVE says:

SERIAL KILLER BEYONCE BOUT TO KILL THE GAME…. R.I.P TO THE OTHER’S….. HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.

• December 19, 2012 at 2:08 pm
      phillydoinit says:

YAAAASSSSSSS, she is coming!!

• December 19, 2012 at 4:01 pm
      UMo says:

Hmmmm. Something about you seems very inauthentic and…off. My spidey senses are telling me that you’re a Beyonce hater posing as a fan, using her name to be obnoxious to cause anger her way.

As a Beyonce fan, I say Tamar killed that performance and the song is hot to death. *Many* Bey fans have been giving Tamar her props, so you missed the mark with this target.

15. December 19, 2012 at 10:56 am
    pat says:

SANGG!! and looked flawless…ur fav aint touchin her vocals

16. December 19, 2012 at 11:12 am
    Pretty in Pink says:

So she’s gonna sit on an R&B stool (her words) for every performance?

• December 23, 2012 at 5:36 am
      lpd says:

No, she dances while she sings Hot Sugar. It’s just the big ballads that have the demanding vocals, she evidently feels more comfortable sitting. My old vocal teacher would have had kittens over it, but if it works for Tamar, and it seems to, then it’s just fine by me. Every singer has their little idiosyncracies either before, after, or during a performance.

17. December 19, 2012 at 11:15 am
    PSA (FAF) says:

Cute job, Beyonce

jk Nice job ;)

18. December 19, 2012 at 11:17 am
    Yolanda says:

No shade, but what’s wrong with her face? It looks off.

• December 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm
      quetta says:

Lol, she had surgery so it’s probably hatd for her to do somethings.

• December 23, 2012 at 5:38 am
        lpd says:

She did NOT have surgery. Stop with the garbage rumors please.

19. December 19, 2012 at 11:48 am
    nick says:

she hust gets better & better after wendy, i knew she would b more comfy., yes she slayed this❗❗❗

20. December 19, 2012 at 11:49 am
    WTF says:

Her voice is EVERYTHING. Its how God would translate exceptional to sound.

21. December 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm
    Coral III says:

I love Tamar ! I could watch her perform love and war all day.

22. December 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    Fierce p**** says:

I actually prefer the live version to the precorded version. Wow!!!

And I’ve been seeing some other ppl compare her to Mariah Carey. I really don’t hear it. I hear mostly Toni Braxton’s tone in there. Either way I love it! I really felt the passion when she went high! Yes!

• December 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm
      Pon_de says:

you can hear the mariah influences in how she resolves the notes and the transitions into head voice. but there were Bey growls in this performance as well

23. December 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    BEYHIVE says:

b**** starting to look like beyonce every day by day b**** need to take her love AND her war somewhere. b**** just look sneaky ass hell I can’t stand looking at her. That b**** song almost sounds like keyshia cole “trust and believe”

• December 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm
      PSA (FAF) says:

Lashan daniel produced both tracks, and that’s Beyonce blazer from “Love on Top” outfit . Kiii .

• December 19, 2012 at 9:46 pm
        Y says:

She has a STYLIST. When Beyonce had the same hairstyle as Tamar at the VMAS when she performed Love On Top, I didnt see anybody say anything. I remembered seeing Tamar’s hair styled like that FIRST> Such as When Tamar had her hair like that at the Braxton Family Values Reunion>!

• December 23, 2012 at 4:44 am
        irene46 says:

this song sounds nothing like keyshia coles ‘trust and believe’ not to mention tarmar’s voice is killin’ keyshia’s.

24. December 19, 2012 at 12:24 pm
    SayWhaaatt!!!!! says:

Tamar excellent job! The Keyboard player has the biggest man TITS I’ve ever seen, he needs a bra!

• December 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm
      STONY says:

iam dead with your comment on the keyboard player tits lfmao

25. December 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm
    Yolanda says:

Why is her face twisted?

26. December 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    Love says:

Beautiful!!!

27. December 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    danny b says:

If Tamar can promote the s*** out of only one single that’s been out for only two weeks, I don’t know so many ESTABLISHED artists cant get their s*** together when it comes to promoting a whole album.

With that said, Tamar, she, her, did and is doing the damn thing with this and all her performances so far. I cannot wait till she starts performing Hot Sugar and when the album releases.

#OfficiallyaTamartian

• December 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm
      PSA (FAF) says:

But just bc she promoting dont mean its gonna be top ten aint it like #59 ?

• December 20, 2012 at 12:18 am
        danny b says:

thats only based on digital sales i.e. iTunes. It hasnt even been released to all radio formats yet.

28. December 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm
    mobwife: mentally ill my arsh he made a life choice says:

Sounds like Toni! I miss the old Toni Braxton that chick use to slay lives all over town! :-)

Get it Tamar!! She’s going to have to develop some of that Toni Braxton stage presence however,! Vocally she is on point but she’s going to need a little more to get over that hump if you know what I mean?

***LOL at the white ppl in the back looking lost and confused while her baand memebers are swinging their heads and carrying on. :-)

29. December 19, 2012 at 1:43 pm
    Rihanna says:

FAKE ASS BEYONCE b**** MUPPET FACE WHOO!

TAMAR KEEP IT CUTE !

THIS STAN WENT IN ON HER —–> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2J0v9a14OY

30. December 19, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    Peter G says:

This white woman sings like a black girl.

31. December 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    Fierce p**** says:

Pon_de mostly everyone that’s a singer is influenced by MC’s vocal style and how she transitions goes into melisma but That doesn’t surprise me. But here she really doesn’t sound like MC. More so Toni. ESP in lower chest range. If you ever listened to “you mean the world to me” you will spot the similarities easily. But they are sisters after all so that doesn’t surprise me much either. It’s just good to see her finally getting her shine after all these years.

32. December 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm
    notadummy says:

She has absolutely NO EMOTION.

33. December 19, 2012 at 5:21 pm
    Jer says:

LOVE the song but lets keep it real. The song topped iTunes for…minutes then flopped and is currently sitting at #63. It tumbled so fast it fuels the flames of suspicion fowl play was involved getting the song to the top. Its obvious Vince pulled what Tommy motolla got caught doing for Lindsay Lohan on TRL… Vince got office floors of interns downloading off of itunes giftcards and ore-paid Visas to get hype. He knows people follow iTunes like a hawk. Ch… The song is still sickening tho

• December 19, 2012 at 7:17 pm
      commonsense says:

No the logical reason for that is everybody who is a fan of hers was hype from the episode where she was rehearsing and then the episode of her showcase and went and bought the song on itunes and then so did some of her doubters too.She has not promoted the song that much there is no video yet and she is not pink beyonce or rhianna which means europeon countries like Britan won’t promote her music in any form of way. so she is actually doing great no fowl play she has stans

34. December 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm
    antertain says:

From the gut!!!!

35. December 19, 2012 at 7:28 pm
    Caramelboi says:

Tamar did dat while she wuz having a _/. Go Tamar!

36. December 20, 2012 at 12:04 am
    lola says:

I’m trying to figure out why so many people are supporting this stank, ghetto, and fish looking b****. My goodness she is annoying as f*** on her reality shows and such a whiny b****!!!! This song sounds too much like Keyshia Cole and her lowest note is weak as hell. You can barely hear her in the beginning.

37. December 20, 2012 at 12:42 pm
    Jmichael says:

i knew what it was on wendy. she was standing up. i always thought she was just playin but she really sings better sitting down! thats type crazy lol…. she killed dat s***.

38. December 20, 2012 at 7:20 pm
    DollfaceDiva says:

Damn the girl can blow……she took it there. I love that damn song

39. December 21, 2012 at 2:23 am
    Rah says:

Yes, yes, and yes. She slaughtered this performance. The only thing I want to see is her lose herself in the song and really go the hell in. She definitely has the vocals, proven by the video above. I just want her to go all the way in to this song. I saw a reminisce of it towards the end when she started to shake that wig and raise those hands (3:38 mark to the end). But all in all a wonderful performance. Excellent job Tamar. Hoping there’s more music and performance to come of this caliber.

40. December 24, 2012 at 12:22 pm
    MorpheusX says:

“Vocally delicious, Tamar’s baritone serves as a nod of sorts to big sister Toni”

Umm… Tamar does not have a BARITONE, unless she suddenly became a man and her voice dropped several pitches and octaves.

Please do not use words you don’t understand the meaning of. It makes you sound ignorant, like “conversate” and “irregardless”.

From Wikipedia:

“Tamar has the vocal range of a COLORATURA SOPRANO which spans a range of four Octaves and One Note (C3-D7) …..
    …… She is also able of singing notes in the whistle register, producing a tone that is not piercing but instead very smooth.”

41. December 26, 2012 at 7:55 pm
    Pref says:

Tamar sounded good on both Wendy and GMA, BUT unfortunately, this is a copy of Keyshia Cole’s song “Trust and Believe.” Play both songs on iTunes to see. Tamar’s words are different and she goes into the high registers. I think Love and War went to #1, because Lady Gaga tweeted to her many followers.

It’s too bad because Tamar and all the Braxton girls can sing, she just needs to get an original song.