Watch: Jennifer Hudson Belts Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together’ At Obama’s ‘Inaugural Ball’ *Updated*

shares
ead6f458513fbb1a1dffa335302f7bff Watch:  Jennifer Hudson Belts Al Greens Lets Stay Together At Obamas Inaugural Ball *Updated*

‘Dreamgirls’ co-stars Jennifer Hudson and Jamie Foxx were just two of many popular acts tap to serenade the President and First Lady at tonight’s Inaugural Ball.

Indeed, as onlookers gazed in amazement of the country’s “first couple”, Miss Hudson had the honor of setting the mood for the night by lending a fiery version of Al Green‘s signature hit ‘Let’s Stay Together’ for the Obamas first dance.

How did she do?  You tell us:

Start at 2:50 mark:

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (78)

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• rita ora

rita ora (57)

• Tyler

Tyler (55)

1. January 21, 2013 at 9:46 pm
    honestly says:

Her voice is too much and not in a good way. She needs to tone it down if she wants any type of commercial success.

• January 21, 2013 at 9:54 pm
      B-E-Y-S-U-S Is our GOD says:

EXACTLY THE b**** IS LOUD & CAN’T CONTROL HER VOCALS…

• January 22, 2013 at 5:35 am
        WTF says:

Urgh. Is she still doing covers. Most overrated wedding singer ever.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

AGREED!! and i love JHud but chiiiile…and they talk about Tasia screaming. Atleast she knows how to tone it down and isn’t AAALLL over the place.

• January 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm
        YsoSERIOUS says:

Damn haters calm yourselves down and appreciate her amazing voice! Today’s music industry full of no-talents and whisperers seriously has you all brainwashed into thinking people with actual voices CAN”T f***** SING. Ri-f*****-Diculous! This is what a real singer sounds like.

• January 22, 2013 at 4:24 pm
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

And YOU are what a real FOOL sounds like, h**! I never SAID she couldn’t sing, she has an AMAZN voice. I said she sounded a hot steamin mess singn at the inaugarual…GURL!

2. January 21, 2013 at 9:52 pm
    B-E-Y-S-U-S Is our GOD says:

DONT CARE!!!

I NEED ANOTHER POST ABOUT LORD BEYSUS…. SHE DID SO GOOD SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM TODAY ONE OF THE BEST IVE EVER HEARD WASN’T AS GOOD AS THE SUPERBOWL ONE IN 04 BUT IT WAS STILL PHENOMENAL

• January 21, 2013 at 10:49 pm
      Colosoul says:

She is your GOD??…You people are mentall ill…

• January 21, 2013 at 11:10 pm
        B-E-Y-S-U-S is our GOD says:

My mental health is fine…. n yes beyonce I’d my religion& god which I see nothing wrong with it…

• January 21, 2013 at 11:10 pm
        B-E-Y-S-U-S is our GOD says:

is*

• January 22, 2013 at 5:37 am
      WTF says:

False Gods. Good look in the inferno of hell, b****.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:22 am
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

…..craaaaw-ling on the floor lmfao!!!!!

• January 22, 2013 at 9:39 am
      Lax says:

JENNIFER SHOWED UP AND SHOWED OUT AND PERFORMED IN THE SLOT THAT BEYONCE WANTED THAT NIGHT LIFE IN DC,,,,,JENNIFER PERFORMED AT MORE THEN ONE PARTY FOR THE PRESIDEN AND FIRST LADY LAST NIGHT.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:23 am
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

that girl sounded a mess @lax. i generally agree with most of your post but honey…

• January 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

ON THE FLOOR DYING LAUGHN!!! I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!

3. January 21, 2013 at 9:52 pm
    LIKEDBYMANY says:

Jennifer i love you and all but.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tone it down.

You over sang this song and you didn’t even notice that you were doing it.

You are doing to much. Bring it down an octave.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:31 am

no chile…bout 3 octives

4. January 21, 2013 at 9:56 pm
    B-E-Y-S-U-S Is our GOD says:

Jennifer control is key mama

5. January 21, 2013 at 9:57 pm
    Shay_da_bess says:

Yessss J-Hud!!!

• January 22, 2013 at 11:38 am

chile pleeeease

6. January 21, 2013 at 9:57 pm
    DDN says:

Im soo glad Beyonce stayed subdued with her performance and did not take inspiration from jhud cuz woaaaah her bobble head ass broke almost my headphones not a good way to start a second term with a scream fest…

7. January 21, 2013 at 9:59 pm
    B-E-Y-S-U-S Is our GOD says:

Barak n Michelle are a cute couple

8. January 21, 2013 at 10:05 pm
    MISHKA says:

Sorry couldn’t react on Bey’s performance earlier…she slayed me right from thev start with her 2 seconds of transformation from Beyonce to Sasha Fierce. The voice of a songstress, the s** appeal of a Marilyn Monroe, the grace of Sofia Loren and the poise of Diana Ross. Beyonce is a Legend already. Too bad so many people are too busy to hate instead of celebrating her achievements. After her, there’s like nobody left. Maybe maybe maybe Jordin Sparks if Mathew Knowles trains her but yeah, like I said, I don’t see no legend-in-training around here.

As for JHud, she did great but y’all know Al green will put an Etta James soon enough. I’m happy for Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer, they are the reason why American idol will stay on air for at least 10 more years./

• January 21, 2013 at 10:14 pm
      B-E-Y-S-U-S Is our GOD says:

I agree beyonce is definitely already a legend

• January 21, 2013 at 10:57 pm
      Kate Middleton says:

wow!! oldyonce does not have a s** appeal. she looked haggard and does not know how to differentiate the appropriate occasional wear (clothing ) she was dressed in a evening attire loool!!! talk about ghetto, and horrible wig not to mention she looked 40+ years old. those deep wrinkles on both sides of her face. she looked like tina Knowles . the lip synching and pretending to making it about the ear plu. kelly has upstaged her.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:39 am
        truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

girl go under the nearest tree and lay down and die.

9. January 21, 2013 at 10:17 pm
    Cream says:

I hate this b**** singing ugh Beyonce Song from her ablum Iam sasha fierce At last>>>>>>>>> (:

10. January 21, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    Hive says:

Gawd this girl has the most annoying voice

Beyonce slayed today so proud

11. January 21, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    Cream says:

I hope Beyonce working on a At Last part 2 Because she did the damn thing writing that damn song and when she perform it lawd so much sold

• January 21, 2013 at 10:28 pm
      ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

You have GOT to be kidding me. Now I know you’re trolling and I’ve already exposed your ass.

• January 21, 2013 at 11:06 pm
        SIP YOUR PEPSI AND WATCH YOUR b**** FLOP IN 2013!!! WHILE RIHANNA SLAYS!!! says:

Lol!! mc gworl these stans pissed me off when they came for whitney the great

• January 21, 2013 at 11:09 pm
        B-E-Y-S-U-S is our GOD says:

Whitney who? oh yea the dead lady

12. January 21, 2013 at 10:29 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

She did good except for the over-singing part which she often confuses to being “soulful”.

13. January 21, 2013 at 10:45 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

II loved Al Green, I love this song but a poor song choice for their first dance.

Jennifer baby, you did too damn much.

This is supposed to be an emotional formal affair not some damn soul train show backed by over the top vocals and awkward dancing. Michelle and Obama didnt know what to do. Had Jennifer sang the song in its oroginal form or turned it into a ballad then it wouldve been better.

14. January 21, 2013 at 10:49 pm
    Cream says:

Why is this nosey ass Mc b**** allways in my business damn get of my p****/d***

• January 21, 2013 at 11:07 pm

She hates dumb b****** like you

• January 21, 2013 at 11:15 pm
      B-E-Y-S-U-S is our GOD says:

the b**** is annoying as s*** I can’t stand mc fake ass she needs to mind her own business she needs to be worried about her voiceless fav Mariah

15. January 21, 2013 at 10:51 pm
    Cream says:

Every time I post some she allways in my damn business like a old ass lady but then she is a Mariah fan so I guess.

16. January 21, 2013 at 10:52 pm
    tits mcgee says:

J Hud did a decent job. Some people are a bit to critical if its not there fave. A few problems here and there but overall, pretty good. Congrats J Hud!

• January 21, 2013 at 11:06 pm
      tits mcgee says:

*too
      *their

• January 22, 2013 at 11:42 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

ummm…no she didn’t and no we aren’t

• January 23, 2013 at 1:53 am
        tits mcgee says:

b****!

*sticks tongue out*

17. January 21, 2013 at 11:05 pm
    ERIN says:

I like Jennifer but it was too much

18. January 21, 2013 at 11:11 pm
    Colosoul says:

JHud ain’t no pitty patty type of singer…You already know before you look at it that she’s gonna belt..That’s her style…If you don’t like her style then you just don’t like it…She has a powerful voice…but to say she no control makes you sound dumb as hell…She has incredible tone, control and range. Good job. And that’s coming from another sanger…:-)

• January 22, 2013 at 9:45 am
      Lax says:

HATERS DON’T LIKE JENNIFER STYLE BECAUSE BEYONCE IS A BELTER ALSO BUT THE DIFFERENT IS JENNIFER DON’T POP HER PUS LIKE THE STRIPPER BEYONCE DOES. AND JENNIFER SLOWED UP AGAIN AND STOLE THE SPOT LIGHT FROM BEYONCE, BOO, BOO.
      JENNIFER, KATY, KELLY, ALICIA WENT TO WASHINGTON TO MAKE HISTORY JUST LIKE BEYONCE DID AND WITH THE OTHER ARTIST ALL ADDED TO THE MIX IT MAKE BEYONCE JUST SEEM JUST LIKE WHAT SHE IS AND THAT IS ONE OF THE artist who performed in DC,,,,this is bigger then beyonce and her douch bag fan club, because when the history books are written about the inaugural beyonce will not and i repeat will not get more lines WRITTEN then jennifer, NEVER,,,,,

• January 22, 2013 at 11:42 am

honey she was a mess

19. January 21, 2013 at 11:17 pm
    Cream says:

i have my period and i noticed every time i am on it that my v***** gets extremely itchy, is this normal? can somebody help me out? please i am serious.

• January 22, 2013 at 9:46 am
      Lax says:

@CREAM CALL YO STRIPPER DOCTOR BEYONCE, SHE WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO
      SINCE HER LEGS ARE ALWAYS GAPPED TO PERFECTION ON EVERY STAGE SHE GRACES,,,,BOO.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:43 am

you have crabs

20. January 22, 2013 at 12:11 am
    Cream says:

Somebody playing with my name agin?? Wow I love all my fans tho (: xoxo

• January 22, 2013 at 6:16 am
      CREAM says:

and my v***** smells like fish to…after my period please i need help! is it normal cos i f*** dogs!

• January 22, 2013 at 9:47 am
      Lax says:

YO TAIL SMELLS LIKE FISH BECAUSE YO ASS LIVES UP BEY’S ASS.

21. January 22, 2013 at 12:27 am
    Truth ( Number 1 Nicki Stan) says:

Slay Jennifer that’s how you slay the f*** out of a song. Floponce could never hit those notes with her played out weak ass voice.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:44 am

honey JHud was a mess…u CAINT b serious chile

22. January 22, 2013 at 12:36 am
    nickalus Randle says:

chile since she got skinny, its just like blahhhh…..I like her big, this was just sloppy…

23. January 22, 2013 at 1:31 am
    OMG Just Google Kelsnetwork and see what happens... says:

barrack and michelle michelle make me wanna fall in love ……

• January 22, 2013 at 11:46 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

REALLY??? well OMG Just Google Kelsnetwork and see what happens….

24. January 22, 2013 at 8:51 am
    pat says:

HATERS…im not a huge fan…but her control has definitely improved…..stayed on pitch….even her runs (which i normally dont like) were executed well….great job

• January 22, 2013 at 11:45 am

you kow NOTHING about music OR singing PLUS you tone-deaf

25. January 22, 2013 at 10:40 am
    ThatGrapefruitJuice says:

How cute. Lovely. nice. wonderful and charming. I feel warm all over.

• January 22, 2013 at 11:45 am
      truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

get outta the suana daaaahling

26. January 22, 2013 at 11:46 am

too much Jennifer…tooooo much

27. January 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm
    CREAM says:

Someone please help my v*****!!! Won’t stop itching!!! What can I use!

28. January 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    CREAM says:

Someone please help my v*****!!! Won’t stop itching!!! What can I use!Helppppp

29. January 22, 2013 at 4:06 pm
    cocobutta says:

Jen has to say errrrm i’ll jus give u a pass cus you still can sang…

Anyway Obamas are just a strong chocolate couple.
    Wish them all the best

30. January 22, 2013 at 11:09 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFT THE REAL TALENT says:

She sounded a hot hammy mess! That surgery she hid from the public like Star Jones has messed up her voice and my only dream for this girl is to go sitdown out of the spotlight she claimed she didn’t like with her only relevant hit.

PRINCESS SWIFT is far better than all these tired mamas. Let the young mogul show them how its done! Only artist that’s moving units!