Watch: Nicki Minaj Belts Out ‘Freedom’ On ‘Ellen’

nicki minaj ellen 2013 freedom e1358273194732 Watch: Nicki Minaj Belts Out Freedom On Ellen

Nicki Minaj may be doing the promotional rounds for American Idol, but the Young Money maven hasn’t forgotten new release ‘The Re-Up’ – which, too, is need of plugging.

As reported earlier, the femcee sat down for an interview with Ellen today, where she also performed ‘Freedom’ – the latest offering from the re-tooled version of her sophomore set ‘Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded’.

Watch Nicki sing her pink heart out after the jump…

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Though this is undoubtedly her best serving of the song thus far, the fact that she performed it on an  outlet like ‘Ellen’ is all too telling of her problem.

A little like Lady GaGa during her ‘Born This Way‘era, Minaj seems to have fallen for her own hype and is convinced her only concern should be to cater to her fans and not the casual listener.

Unfortunately, as ‘Freedom‘s non existent Billboard Hot 100 run proves, nobody- not even the ‘Barbz’- believed the song was worth buying and thus not worth pushing on her end.

For, one look at iTunes could have told Camp Minaj that ‘Freedom‘ was the last song she should have performed today, while her 2013 Grammy snub should have been the hint she needed to endorse singles that would have enhanced ‘The Re-Up’s/’Reloaded’s perceived popularity.

Cuts, the casual listener had already showed interest in and not numbers that her own fans had ‘paid dust’ to.

With album #3 on the way, let’s hope Minaj takes a more scientific approach to picking and choosing singles, as to ensure she generates numbers worthy of her undeniable talent and undying fan support.

• January 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm
    CCFan007 says:

YASSSS!! WORK b****!

b**** please…h**

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Nobody cares about your shitty performance you whack b****.

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

LOLOLOL!!! SAM WHY YOU TAKE DOWN THE OTHER POST ON THIS WHERE YOU WERE DRAGN HER??!!!! LOLOL!!!

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

..ugly n**** h** like Nicki aint getting hamburger or love. :(

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

this b**** is really DELUUUUUSIONAL chile!! Didn’t thank Jesus? what door this b**** open tho?

and she KEEEEPS copying Kim. smh

• January 15, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    euro says:

gerl bye

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Ugly boring b**** like Nicki gets on my nerves just for being ugly. I’m bout to go f*** up some more food.
    Brb

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

^^bored much?

• January 15, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    RICHANDBLACK11 says:

I might not use some of your music, but girl get them coins. I can’t knock a b**** hustle. GET MONEY PEOPLE AND STOP HATING. ALL I CAN SAY IS LIFE IS GREAT.

She a h**

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Nicki b****, I’ll fart on your pillow and give you pink eye.

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

@therealfatgurl sorry sweetie i thought you were blastn me. sorry

• January 15, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    Nye says:

Thats my girl Keisha Renee singing backgrounds!!! That girl an SANG!!!!

• January 15, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    QUEEN MINAJ says:

yas b******

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

b**** u know u ashamed! Sam even dragn this b**** on the post above this one…u h**

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Ugly b****** don’t mind fightin.. their face is already f***** up.. they ain’t got nothing to lose ..@ Nicki stans

• January 15, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    RG2 says:

This toned down looks works really well for Nicki.

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

It does, she looks good no shade. Now we need to work on them WIGS……LOL

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

Both of yall, u and R r f***

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

shut up ….Nicki is cool Truth , why you don’t like her.

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

@rich man that b**** sooooo phony it’s pitifull hon

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

@RICHANDBLACK11 hey hon give me the name of that club in the westend and on merrietta chile. IT’ZZOOONE ATHIS WEEKEND HONEY!!

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Yeah..ok enough of this b*******, I’m hungry as f***. “WTF” Where’s my Big Mac n**** b****?

SLAYRIAH CAREY (NICKI IS MARIAH'S LESSER) Replied:

Christina Aguilera stole it.

• January 15, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    PSA (FAF) says:

Her voice sounds sooooooOOOOooOOOo strong on the verses <3 !!! Love Onika !!!

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

Kill yoself h**! She sounds a mess

RG2 Replied:

Damn @truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) you really came for me VICIOUS in my post… LMFAO :) you still cool though. I’m just sayin compared to her previous f***** up outfits its an improvement.

OH BABY IM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS U! Sorry sweetie :-D

• January 15, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    MUSICISME says:

Flat performance… Weak vocals…

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

Agreed. *lets out a breath of fresh air that someone can think outside of their stan mode*

• January 15, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    HOTSTUFF says:

that’s right gorl promote that flop cause aint nobody gonna do it for you ! ;)

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

Just like no one did for Rihanna first two flops. Stop hating and keep it moving hun. It’s not that hard :)

HOTSTUFF Replied:

LOL rihanna first album outsold Nicki’s first WW + pon de replay peaked at #2 BB 100+ Rihanna’s second album outsold Nicki’s sophomore slump both in the US and WW + sos was a international smash hit peaking at #1 on BB 100.

Honey you tried now have a f****** seat ;)

Gerl shuddup

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

at the end of the day Nicki has 1 flop compare to Rihanna 4.

Now honey keep trying from your seat :)

I LOVE RIHANNA!!! Replied:

UM ^^^ A GIRL LIKE ME SOLD 4 MILLION WORLDWIDE SO_/ and RIHANNA keeps getting bigger and icki doesnt so again _/ *muah*

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Yeah..ok enough of this b*******, I’m hungry as f***. “WTF” Where’s my tripple cheese burger n**** b****?

• January 15, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    Monstarebel (f** Boy) says:

#SLAYED!!!!! YOUR FAVORITE RAP b**** COULD NEVER!!

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

And yours didnt either gerl! #POW

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

^^lmao

• January 15, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    EJ says:

Yessss b****. Work that stage. Queen Minaj. That was such a fantastic performance. If she just got her vocals stronger, she would be a HUUUUUUGE threat to any other female artist out there. She already can sing, just needs to get her vocals a little bit stronger just like Rihanna had to (and it worked so well for her cuz that b**** gives me LIFE when she sings Diamonds) lol :)

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

Yaaas grrrrrl

h** sit

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

She doesn’t need to get her vocals stronger. She will use auto tune and still get them coins like she always has…

• January 15, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

THe performance was not that good at all. Why are you people fronting. Yeah i know she is getting them coins, but hopefully those coins can be put towards better producers, and writers to prevent future FLOPS…

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

^^^^^ HATER!!!!!! LOL

HoneychildPlease Replied:

But durling i am only critiquing this hot mess the best way i can lol

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

you are a mess hun lol

HOTSTUFF Replied:

amen

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

It wasn’t something that was out of her comfort zone like normally so I don’t get the “slayed” talk at all.

QUEEN MINAJ Replied:

mama apply glue to your weave cus its getting snatched

• January 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    Ora Godga says:

This woman looks like the Bride of Chucky. She is completely plastic as is her entire contrived persona or the notion that she actually possesses any talent. She may be rich, but nothing compared to Mimi. She may be eccentric but nothing compared to Gaga. There is a tendency for washed out singers to judge singing competitions. Judging by the flop sales and virtual non charting of her recent singles, I guess that statement holds true.

I LOVE RIHANNA!!! Replied:

b**** I KNOW YOU AINT CALLING ICKI NAMES WHEN ORA AND GAGA ARE UGLY AS f***!!!! YES NIKKI IS A GARBAGE RAPPER AND FLOP BUT SHE LOOKS BETTER THAN GAGA AND ORA

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

Gaga post pictures of herself on instagram without any makeup. Nicki will never show the world herself plain cuz she has low self esteem. Gaga discourages bullying and promotes being yourself.

opd2 Replied:

Music Soul Harmony Gaga is the biggest bully and hypocrite in the game,her fans learn from her very well too,they are just as bad some manipulative hypocritical bias mean f-cks,you haven’t see Nicki my time now are her E series are some of her back in the day video when she wasn’t wearing any make up,you only see what you want to see are saw but act like you haven’t seen…..fall da f-ck back with your ignorance.

Truth (Number 1 Nicki Stan) Replied:

b**** what the f*** do you look like? a garbage pale kid? you better get off Queen Nicki.

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

Aye everyone who hates icki…DO NOT COME FOR THIS GIRL ^^. She will slay! Notice than EVEN I give her her space chile.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    Os says:

Wonderful..she just keeps reinforcing the reason i love her.

croak b****

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

….

• January 15, 2013 at 2:19 pm
    Dev says:

Bleach dem a bleach!

• January 15, 2013 at 2:21 pm
    truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

Sam dragn her by her p**** on the post above for this same performance!! u mad?? lolololololol!!!!

Truth (Number 1 Nicki Stan) Replied:

I see I’m gonna have to drag you again. get of my girl nicki b****

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

b**** getcho head out her funky p****(POP! yo head being pulked out her p****) u butch b**** d***. Get drug if u want to STANK p**** h**! (tries on new lip gloss…muah!! Luscious)

• January 15, 2013 at 2:26 pm
    Dale says:

Belts!? Someone needs to take a belt to this b****!

opd2 Replied:

someone needs to take a rope your f-cking neck.

#goup

• January 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    The Real Fat Gurl says:

Boringggggg..My tits stink again. I’ma go put Nicki b**** and me bra in the washing machine on a warm spin cycle.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:29 pm
    skintightjeans says:

This b**** is so worthless. I swear! The b**** isn’t even hip hop anymore. She’s a sell out fraud trying to be white with that nasty blonde/white lace front and fake booty pads. I hate this b**** so much. Nasty ass. But thank God she won’t exist in about a year.

Truth (Number 1 Nicki Stan) Replied:

If the queen is so worthless then why the f*** are you here wasting your time commenting on a post about her dumb ass?

skintightjeans Replied:

Because I can do what the f*** I want to do and it ain’t like you stopping anything over here b****. If I want to comment on her ass, guess what, I will. f*** outta here with your corny ass.

DeezNuts Replied:

Dont worry, I speak “PressedBitchese”. She said, “Because I have no life, nor any friends.”

TUNE IN TOMORROW TO WATCH NICKI ON AMERICAN IDOL TOO b****!

opd2 Replied:

SKINTIGHTJEANS you are a sorry piece of t-urd,continue to be you you can’t be anything else but a sorry hater you claim, i feel sorry for you.

skintightjeans Replied:

And you can suck a fart out my ass with a smile b****. I will continue to be me because I’m greatness in its rarest form. So you can take that and get hit by a bus s***.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm
    YorkshireBarb says:

I agree with Sam, im getting tired of stanning for her when she keeps on making mistakes like this. Nobody wants Freedom.

• January 15, 2013 at 2:36 pm
    THA_TROOF says:

Your negative opinions don’t solidify your taste in talents…it just shows how pressed you hoes really are. You don’t have to tell us to have a seat…We’ve been seated atop you bums…

I feel like Rihanna fans bash and say the nastiest things because Mama don’t teach them to love themselves.

Most of you come to these sites to exercise your distaste for artists because you secretly wish you could be them…It’s ok to be yourself…

And it’s also okay to be mad about this post…(giggles) I expect you to be…

• January 15, 2013 at 2:37 pm
    TinaMinaj says:

Performance was spot on! Love it! :)
    Haters keep hating but she is headed for greatness!

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

you got lice in yo p****

• January 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm
    The Real Fat Gurl says:

Boringgggggg news !!!!

I miss f****** up Christmas leftovers for breakfast already. Where is my fat Mc D you n**** hoes???

• January 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm
    Monstarebel (f** Boy) says:

leave Nicki alone you guys are so evil towards her ):

The Real Fat Gurl Replied:

Fake h** like Nicki aint getting nuggets or love.. :(

SHE HAS IT COMN HELL!! u b****

• January 15, 2013 at 2:55 pm
    Truth (Number 1 Nicki Stan) says:

Gawd yass hanty, get that promo Nicki!

truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) Replied:

Chile she a flop (blowing fingernails dry)

• January 15, 2013 at 2:58 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

Nicki Minaj day on ThatGrapeJuice.

• January 15, 2013 at 3:01 pm
    TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN!!! says:

Taylor Swift Keeping Justin Timberlake’s ‘Suit & Tie’ Away From iTunes Number OneJT’s comeback single remains at number two on both the US and UK iTunes charts

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

I live in the US and am looking at the itunes charts right now. JT is still number 1 and Tay is number 3…but oh well it’s still in the top ten regardless.

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

*Tay is number 2

TAYLOR SWIFTS NUMBER 1 FAN!!! Replied:

Yeah I just looked, the .entertainmentwise website got its facts wrong then haha.

• January 15, 2013 at 3:24 pm
    Fatriah Hairy (Lana & Gaga schoolin' hoes) says:

The only reason I’ll be watching AI tomorrow is because of Nicki.
    Mooriah can fall in a ditch for all I care.

• January 15, 2013 at 3:27 pm
    Music Soul Harmony says:

Let’s be objective tho….her background singers were belting more than her. Bye Sam.

• January 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm
    My forehead tho says:

Give some credit to her background singer Kiesha Renee though…

She killed it as always

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

Exactly…

• January 15, 2013 at 3:38 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

It’s so hard to find Someone to admire…..

but i found it.

Monstarebel (f** Boy) Replied:

59 year old stripper I can’t lol

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Better than the clown you stan for.

• January 15, 2013 at 3:40 pm
    TYLER* says:

NOT THE BIGGEST MINAJ FAN…
    HOWEVER I ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT’S DUE
    CAN’T KNOCK HER HUSTLE! WHATEVER SHE’S DOING I HOPE SHE KEEPS IT UP!

GET MONEY! MAKE GREAT MUSIC NICK!

• January 15, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    opd2 says:

I love the way the audience was feeling nicki as usual,wave them arms side to side,keep putting in work sista.

• January 15, 2013 at 3:48 pm
    Music Soul Harmony says:

I’ll throw Nicki OnetrickphonyNAJ a bone cuz her Reloaded CD was out of stock and that’s why it’s sales were oh so low…but if she flops like that on the Pink Print it’s OVER and she will join Ciara, Xtina, and Nelly Furtado on the bench. Just being honest. But Nicki stans thumbs this down. Who gives a f***!

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

*I meant re-up CD whatever it was called…forgot. ..

• January 15, 2013 at 3:52 pm
    truth(slayer of icki funky ass stans b****!!) says:

3, 2 yeap this b**** 15 mins of fame bout gone chile. (smokes blunt)

• January 15, 2013 at 3:58 pm
    LMAO says:

THIS h** TRYNA SING!! FUNNY s***

• January 15, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    Merril Owns says:

One Direction “Jungle” http://www2.zshare.ma/6238jqejtrmh

• January 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

When did she belt exactly? LMAO
    Plus the song is really a below average mess. Come on!

• January 15, 2013 at 4:26 pm
    Geezy says:

I know that this website stans for Nicki but honestly where did she belt out anything? It seems like her BG singers did most of the belting.On aSN Nicki is nowhere near a good singer she’s not even decent at best. But her hustle speaks volumes.

• January 15, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    Young Prynce says:

b****** shut the f*** up, nicki is killing it

f*** U

skintightjeans Replied:

b**** ain’t killing anything except my eardrums.

• January 15, 2013 at 4:50 pm
    King B>Rihanna says:

TGJ your headline is misleading vocalist belt not rappers.Nicki is a rapper and a pop star but she is below average singer.You save the word belt for MC,WH AND AF.

• January 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

God!…she looks like a globe, her ass looks like balloons, i’m the only one who don’t like her body.

sigh Replied:

you are g@y that,s why you don’t like her body simple as that,are my your g@y twisted @ss is gealous are feels your body is better than hers,you are a dude not a girl and if you are a girl you are a girl i know you are confuse don’t now if you are what you are,pray on it he will help you figure things out.

just sayin Replied:

You should learn how to spell before trying to read people. Its jealous not gealous. no matter how much you say if you have grammar mistakes you become the read. Try again

just sayin Replied:

So many grammar mistakes.i think you mean or instead of are. You should pray for an education and allow god to help you figure things out. Lol

• January 15, 2013 at 6:09 pm
    lyric lee says:

lol omg i said the same thing as far as lady gaga’s BTW and nicki’s last effort – they went oooo far left and abandoned thier core fanbase resultings in sales that were unworthy of their suppsoed stature – let this be a lesson that greatness has to be earned and if u start feeling yourself to early then u are in for a rude awakening..hint hint more so Nicki then Gaga who is on an entirely diff level but still the same applies

• January 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm
    nickalus Randle says:

I like this song, I like all the RE-UP songs, u guys need 2 let artists have fun, u want them 2 stay in 1 lane-that gets old! this was cute!!!

• January 15, 2013 at 11:18 pm
    DeezNuts says:

Get Money b****…Get Money! lmfao hahahahah!

• January 16, 2013 at 8:55 am
    MICHELLA COX says:

AMAZING AND FLAWLESS…… GOTTA LUV THE HATERZ…… SHE IS DRESSING VERY CLASSY AND LOOKS FREAKING AMAZING….. I LOVE YOU, NICKI MINAJ…..