Emeli Sande Storms US iTunes / Performs ‘Next To Me’ On GMA

shares
What's This?
8fb94026070ad704018cba3a7e94928e Emeli Sande Storms US iTunes / Performs Next To Me On GMA

The Euro invasion of the US charts has brought with it a host of acts hoping to extend their success narratives to an arena so notoriously hard to “break”.

Soulful songbird Emeli Sande is the latest to try and it seems her bid is off to the best of starts.

Released this week, the US version of her debut album ‘Our Version Of Events’ has rocketed into the top 5 of iTunes, while radio play of lead American single ‘Next To Me’¬†continues to soar on mainstream formats.

Wonder what the hype is about? Watch Emeli rock Good Morning America after the jump…

True to form, Emeli delivered another stunning showing.

In an era where models are parading as singers (and actually becoming successful), Sande serves as a refreshing reminder that actual talent and quality content can still be appreciated commercially. More power to her.

shares
What's This?

1. February 26, 2013 at 7:31 am
    Don't_Start_No_Shit says:

Love her!!!

2. February 26, 2013 at 7:56 am
    redskin339 says:

She’s amazing, such a quality vocal

3. February 26, 2013 at 8:10 am
    King B>Rihanna says:

LOVE EMELI SANDE!

4. February 26, 2013 at 8:27 am
    JJfan1814 says:

Actually got into her about a month ago. Favorite song has got to be Suitcase. The album is great. It’s far from being as GREAT as 21, but she really has a good album. :)

5. February 26, 2013 at 8:28 am
    My Forehead Tho says:

Americans respect good music. That’s why certain artist always release number #1 selling albums why others only get their first #1 selling album (after 7 tries) in a year when no good albums are released.

Emeli’s album is amazing though. It is one of those rare albums where you could listen to from start to finish without ever skipping a song. One of the best this decade.

• February 26, 2013 at 11:08 am
      La Perra says:

what the hell does rihanna have to do with this post?
      damn u thirsty!

6. February 26, 2013 at 8:53 am
    DSTROCK says:

Didn’t know that this was first week releasing it in the US. I’ve had it on Spotify for a coupe of months…

7. February 26, 2013 at 9:07 am
    Lovebird (Beyonce's Weave) says:

The album is AMAZING, I absolutely love it. I hope Emeli Sande gets all the success she deserves, she wrote the whole album and did an amazon job. Fact remains people respect artists who write their own songs start to finish, play and instrument and sing their songs beautifully.

I absolutely love Emeli Sande and I’m hoping she does Adele numbers, which I’m sure she will worldwide. I’m so rooting for her.

8. February 26, 2013 at 9:26 am
    SDF says:

I must say that this brings back my faith in real music and talent.

9. February 26, 2013 at 10:11 am
    mr.m says:

Flop negro

10. February 26, 2013 at 11:10 am
    La Perra says:

I love her, she is very talented!

11. February 26, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    K says:

Amazing woman, vocalist, writer, and artist. I love her and her music is incredible.

12. February 26, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    RE says:

Rolls eyes…First adele and now her?
    Im not sure what is up with this little mini brit invasion…It’s annoying though.
    America has it’s own talent. There are singers that make her and adele sound like a rusted old car struggling to start.I don’t know why americans keep supporting these one trick…Im husky: I have soul divas type of divas.
    Meh

• February 27, 2013 at 7:34 am
      212done says:

I think it boils down to quality of talent, music and artist. Adele & Emeli are amazing.

And plus, the UK has for many years now had Pitbull, Flo Rida etc b******* acts thrown in our faces. Our revenge? actual music.

13. February 26, 2013 at 5:24 pm
    Music says:

I love this song!!!…She’ll catch on in the US before Rita Ora will.

14. February 26, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    #4 on itunes now says:

im so happy for her….

I am glad that Universal bought out her EMI label… she needed an AMERICAN label like Adele to launch her project over here.

Also, she is right to tour in the middle of the country and not just LA & NY… she should do some major US festivals now like….

Coachella,
    New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival,
    Austin City Limits Festival,
    SXSW,
    LALAPOLLOza,
    Bonnaro,
    Iheart radio music festival,
    the US itunes festival in Vegas, etc…

she is gonna at least go gold … 500,000