Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Hot Shot: Nicole Scherzinger Tributes Whitney Houston In ‘E.S’ Shoot

Hot Shot: Nicole Scherzinger Tributes Whitney Houston In E.S Shoot

Any artist who appreciates the technique of singing at a professional level appreciates the late great Whitney Houston. Case, point Nicole Scherzinger - who deems the legend as her idol.

The ‘Boomerang’ singer shows her X Factor in a new shoot for the UK’s Evening Standard in which she pays homage to Houston by recreating one of her classic looks from the 80′s.

Here’s hoping she’s also channeled some of Whitney’s hit-making ability with her upcoming new album. Its lead single gets progressively worse with each listen, yet we’re still hopeful she’ll deliver with the project as a body of work.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:04 pm
    King B>Rihanna says:

Who would not pay homage to a f****** legend.

QQ Replied:

Girl bye!!! when Whitney was alive on this earth where was the love now people want to capitolize off her death!!!

Scherzinger who?

QQ Replied:

capitalize…Kisses!

• February 4, 2013 at 6:06 pm
    You Wanna Bey Me says:

I swear!!!! This site is thee WORST to visit from a iPad, it’s like an death trap. If I Hear that doggy Denture commercial one more time…..

Nahjee Replied:

What ipad do you got ipad 4 cause I got one to. I just brought mind last month

You Wanna Bey Me Replied:

The 4th generation, I never have to worry about Lag until I come here, it’s a mess

• February 4, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    You Wanna Bey Me says:

The late great, The voice :D

• February 4, 2013 at 6:10 pm
    CICI SLAAAAAYS says:

Sit down b**** you’ll never be Whitney…not even close #YourNothingWithOutThePussyCatDolls

Bryan Dossome Replied:

It always has to be a ciara,cassie,ora,deluna,iggy,kreayshawn stan who stars s***…i wonder why????

Bryan Dossome Replied:

It always has to be a ciara,cassie,ora,deluna,iggy,kreayshawn stan starting s***…i wonder why????

King B>Rihanna Replied:

Did she say she wanted to be?Sidenote:Ciara will never be Janet Jackson.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:13 pm
    Bryan Dossome says:

Whitney Houston….the one and only…anyone who tributes the queen gets no shade and that includes nicole..

RESPECT THE VOICE!!!! Replied:

AMEN!!!!!! I CONCUR!!!

• February 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

Calm down bitches, i’m not a fan of Nicole but the more these wannabes copy and imitate the true great Divas, the more Iconic and untouchable they become.

Bryan Dossome Replied:

These are the only divas in my opinion:-
    whitney houston
    patti labelle
    janet jackson
    diana ross
    madonna
    cher
    mariah carey
    aretha franklin
    celine dion
    tina turner
    barbara streisand….

Sadly tho the likes of donna summer,dolly parton,mary j.blige,gladys knight,etta james,chaka khan,stevie nicks,debbie harry and roberta flack barely missed the cut

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I agree with you, specially with the underrated ones tho. i think Debbie Harry is more of a cult Icon.

Jess Replied:

Clearly only Divas of particular generations.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    Gigi says:

Her label hasn’t dropped her yet ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! She’s been trying to have a major SOLO hit for years, and it’s never happened.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

Whitney in that picture looks so beautiful :cry:

Anyways, I think people forget that Nicole can actually SING because she was trained very well and has the voice, she just uses it for bubble gum trash music.

Whitney is the Ultimate, The Voice, The Beauty and all that comes before and after. She stopped the world when she first arrived, she stopped it again when she left us.

CHUDDS Replied:

I don’t think there’s anything special about Nicole’s voice. Nothing distinctive. Nothing flavorful. She’s a pretty girl. That’s about it. Sadly, I think her time is up. She’s about to be 35….

• February 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm
    RoyalKev says:

Queen Whitney doesn’t really come to mind when I look at Nicole in this photo, but she’s earned my respect honoring her. I still get so sad every time I revisit Whitney’s iconic performances on You tube or listen to her music. Whitney is a rare, one-of-a-kind voice that will never come around again. It’s no wonder why she’s touched so many artists like Nicole.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm
    Follow me @Royalkings101 says:

b**** pls

• February 4, 2013 at 7:02 pm
    boopboop says:

i dont “see” whitney. i see nicole with puffy hair and a white dress. if you hadnt of said she was tributing whitney i wouldof thought this was just a regular ole pic.

• February 4, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    Dyllypickles says:

No hate or shade towards Nicole bc I do really like her but please no.

• February 4, 2013 at 7:16 pm
    True Tea says:

@Nicole: GUUUUUUUUUURL BYE.

• February 4, 2013 at 10:51 pm
    SuxMyCockiness =O says:

She’s such a wannabe =/

• February 5, 2013 at 2:03 am
    Dev says:

I saw this in ES on Friday and the picture of Nicole is awful!
    All that aside, theres nothing i hate more than an artist talking about their inspiration and love for another Artist only to bring out either rubbish music or music worse than the artist they idolise. I’m not saying that she has to use the Whitney template but you say Whitney in one breath and Boomerang in another. She was talking about how much she loved Adele a girl a good 10 years younger than than her, and what does she release… Boomerang! Hello!!!!
    Nicole doesn’t have long left due to age, where she is in her career, having no real fan base or being dropped by her label. She just needs to make the album she want’s while she can instead of the album she thinks people and the record company want because at this moment for all her showing off about singing all of the Pussycat Dolls songs, that era is all she has to be proud of

• February 5, 2013 at 12:38 pm
    Likica says:

She looks so cute. A very talented and beautiful girl, but she needs to release better music. I can already see JOHNVIDAL coming for her saying there’s no one great as Whitney, no one can touch her voice, her music is not generic (but I Wanna Dance With Somebody says hello to this) blah blah blah, the same thing. I am glad that there are true divas like Mariah Carey who can write her own music and bring up performances with vocal power higher than mezzo-soprano’s range. Anyway, everyone who says Nicole is not that talented, see this.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

You are sad.
    So my Mariah Carey is a true diva but my Whitney Houston is not??? You´re a f****** joke
    Oh but Kelly Clarkson is, right? LMAO
    Whitney didn´t write and so don´t Celine Dion, Beyonce or everybody else really, so Mariah writing doesn´t make Whitney any less of a diva
    You smell like a racist b**** anyway. Always trying to downplay Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston for no reason

The TGJ Shade Just Won't Let Up Replied:

This video did nothing to improve my view of Nicole vocally, I’t's done nothing to quench my musical thirst

• February 5, 2013 at 2:21 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

All tributes are welcome… but this just proves how beautiful Whitney was. I mean, Nicole´s body… yes, but her face (despite being beautiful too) can´t come close to Whitney´s, like really. Whitney is not only The Voice but in my opinion the most beautiful singer of all times (and the best live vocalist too)