Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Kelly Clarkson To Perform At 55th Annual Grammy Awards

Kelly Clarkson To Perform At 55th Annual Grammy Awards

With confirmed appearances from Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Rihanna, it’s safe to say the 55th Annual Grammy Awards will bring no shortage of talent when its airs live this Sunday.

However, in case the above three weren’t enough to guarantee your viewing, the event has now added ‘Because Of You’ singer Kelly Clarkson to its line up!

Details below…

The event’s official site reveals:

“Current nominees Bruno Mars and Rihanna, as well as 16-time GRAMMY winner Sting, will join together for a special performance, and current nominee Kelly Clarkson is set to perform on the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards telecast. Sixteen-time GRAMMY winner and current nominee Beyoncé, current nominee Hunter Hayes, singer/actor Jennifer Lopez, actor Pauley Perrette, and seven-time GRAMMY winner Prince will appear as presenters.

Two-time GRAMMY winner Clarkson has three nominations: Record Of The Year (along with Greg Kurstin, Serban Ghenea, John Hanes, Jesse Shatkin, and Chris Gehringer) and Best Pop Solo Performance for “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You),” and Best Pop Vocal Album for Stronger. “

Marking her biggest performance since her moving set at President Obama’s second Inauguration, Clarkson’s arrival at the awards ceremony will come two years after ‘Stronger‘s October 21st 2011 birth, which has now amassed US sales of over 1.1 million units.

• February 4, 2013 at 3:33 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

f*** Yeah!..Prince and Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson has an incredible voice and there is not red carpet without Fashion Icon J.LO.

Likica Replied:

Yes, I agree :D Is your body ready for Justin Timberlake’s slayage? :D

• February 4, 2013 at 3:37 pm
    Music Soul Harmony says:

I’m excited for the grammy’s this year! So many awesome ppl.

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

Who?

• February 4, 2013 at 3:38 pm
    Monstarebel says:

Hmmmm…..Coo I guess…

I would love to see someone like Dawn Richard Or s*** even Ciara flop ass perform at the Grammys I’m really looking forward to only seeing one person n that’s Rihanna n beyonce isn’t performing just presenting so yea I can already tell these Grammys are going to be boring…

• February 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    teamGRAMMY says:

I’ll be watching. Thank God NICKI MINAJ won’t be performing nor is she nominated!

• February 4, 2013 at 3:45 pm
    Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) says:

This is a recycled post. I could’ve sworn y’all made a post about her already.

Likica Replied:

He made 1454646445 posts about Beyonce as well, he can make one about Kelly, it doesn’t hurt us;)

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

I didn’t say I had a problem with it but I just felt like I seen the post before…or maybe it was on another blog.

• February 4, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) says:

They need some Gaga, Lana, Bey, Pink, or Nicki to perform.
    I will not stand for this boring ass award show this year with Riherpes, Failicia Keys, Bruno “wannabe JT” Mars performing. I just won’t!
    At least Justin is performing. Kelly Clarkson has a good vpice, I just hope she doesn’t bore me to tears though.
    *Sigh*

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

Voice*

SlayDeleAdkins Replied:

Agreed!!

• February 4, 2013 at 4:05 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

The superbowl Final ratings are: Sam will not post about this, lol.

Madonna should be again next year with Michael Jackson revived as a hologram, that would be awesome.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

Would be nice
    Oh and Whitney´s 1991 National Anthem too. No more versions needed haha you know that´s the most memorable moment in superbowl history, not even the spectacular half time performances with all the money invested in them, so many lights, dancing, etc can surpass that. A voice, a mic and some random clothes and shitting on everyone in history :)

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Lol, lmao, your right no more versions needed.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

That voice. The one and only voice. Her version of the Star spangled banner is like Stevie Wonder’s rendition of “Happy birthday” song ICONIC!

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Better Discography: David Bowie or Prince?

David Bowie vs For You
    Scarey Monsters (and Super Creeps) vs Chaos and Disorder
    Let’s Dance vs Emancipation
    Tonight vs Crystal Ball/ The Truth
    Never Let Me Down vs The Vault:Old Friends 4 Sale
    Tin Machine vs Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic
    Tin Machine II vs The Rainbow Children
    Black Tie White Noise vs N.E.W.S.
    Outside vs Musicology
    Earthling vs 3121
    ‘Hours…’ vs Planet Earth
    Heathen vs Lotusflow3r/MLPSound
    Reality vs 20Ten

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Bowie hands down, the man is a chameleon, but Pince must have one of the best discography ever, they’re both talented but very different, Prince is funk, Bowie is Rock, Glam-Rock.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Very few people bothered to reply to this poll that I made, only two Madonna stan responded other than myself. I haven’t heard all of their albums (you know HOW HARD THAT IS!!!) but from what I’ve heard, they’re tied. :mrgreen:

mob: tied of the feminization of men Replied:

PRINCE….. IS THIS REALLY A QUESTION?

Suicide Blonde Replied:

It is very hard but i have to go with Bowie, like really i think he is the only one who can top Prince’s work, btw, Madonna’s fans loves Rock because Madge was a rocker before fame.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Well one Madonna stan voted for Prince the other gave Bowie 8, Prince 7 and I gave both 8s. I agree. My earlier comparisons were Madonna vs. Janet. Only three people cared to respond though….smh.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

@ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ
    Well if you ask me, there is not question that Madonna has the best discography of the POP females stars, Janet’s discography stop it with “The Velvet Rope” IMO.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Madonna has the strongest discography out of all the females and the only one who could compete with her was Janet, anything else would’ve been a disrespect to both ladies.

All For you is also a great album; Damita Jo isn’t bad either, its just that nipple incident ruined that era. After that though (20 Y.O. and Discipline) were not that good but the same could be said about Madonna and “Hard Candy” and “MDNA” after Music. Majority of the people went with Madonna though.

Madonna’s discography though >>>>>>> no other female competes, maybe Bjork or Janet but none go as far artistically as she’s gone.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

MMM not Madonna’s Confessions is a masterpiece, dance like we have ever seen before, that record was the inspiration of Kylie’s “Aphrodite”, Hard Candy was her weak album but still have good songs in it and MDNA is like a greatest hits, i really like that album and oh yeah i forget about “All For You”, her last great album.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

“Aphrodite” by Kylie is underrated, like majority of her albums (X, Body Language, etc). I forgot “confessions” lol ughhh….. I really hate Hard Candy with a passion (its the only Madonna album that I don’t have in full). Its horrid. I even have Disciple in full smh.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I say, i enjoy Hard Candy but is my less favorite but with the tour and the live performances i love it, i have a great time in her tours, Kylie’s is just so underrated in the US and i do like Discipline a little bit more than her previews work, Rock With U was fire.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

“Rock With U was fire.” That was one of the WORST songs on Discipline man! I can’t…….

Suicide Blonde Replied:

To me was one of the best, i also like Luv.

• February 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Wow I didn´t even know she was nominated for Record of the Year? for what, for “stronger”? LMAO. That´s the joke of this year´s nominations then along with that call me maybe song having some nominations in pop category
    Hope every single grammy goes to the most talented ones. I´m sure they will :)
    But yeah she has such a great voice, better than you know who, but still not great enough. There´s nothing classic or interesting about this girl´s work. Generic pop-rock a la Pink
    Waits for that delusional crazy b**** called @likica to say Kelly Clarkson is a Legend but Whitney and Michael are nobodies… lol

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

I thought you would support her seeing as how she is one of the few talented artists left.
    Secondly, for you to call Pink a generic pop singer just proves you only listen to the music she releases to the radio and none of her actual full albums.
    You don’t like anyone that came out after the year 2000. Go listen to Whitney Houston or something.

Likica Replied:

The fact that you need to mention my name :S First of all, don’t insult me when you don’t know me at all. Secondly, why are you so cocky and arrogant? If someone thumbs down your comment you call people stupid. What makes you think you are better than anyone here? What makes you think your music taste is superior to someone else’s? Anyway, Whitney and Michael are legends, I’ve never said they are not, they are just overrated and that’s my opinion. You can agree or disagree though but you will not convince me.

____________________________________________
    What I find more funny is that I Wanna Dance With Somebody, probably the most generic of all time has won a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance since that song is so easy to sing and doesn’t come close to Stronger vocally.

Lyrics

Oh, wanna dance with somebody
    I wanna feel the heat with somebody
    Yeah wanna dance with somebody
    With somebody who loves me

are not generic and according to you

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone.
    What doesn’t kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter
    Doesn’t mean i’m over cause you’re gone
    What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, stronger
    Just me myself and i
    What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn’t mean i’m lonely when i’m alone

is a generic song? Hm interesting. Are we listening to the same songs? Anyway, I hope Stronger will win in all categories, it really deserves.

___________________________________________
    GaGa’s music (yes she is your fav) is better quality wise than Kelly’s and Pink’s? That music is deep? Are you insane? Gaga rara lalala popopoker face is quality? Since when? Because of You/Breakaway/Behind These Hazel Eyes/Since U Been Gone/Family Portrait/Who Knew are generic songs and Poker Face/Bad Romance/Judas are deep? Oh ok, that’s a brand new information. Anyway, I know what’s interesting about Gaga (@MC thanks for this photo LOL you are the queen)
    This will never happen to Kelly and Pink.
    Did you know that Kelly Clarkson writes her own music and that her amazing song Because of You was written by her when she was 15-year-old girl? Yes, Kelly is an amazing songwriter. Did Whitney Houston write a song by herself in her entire career? I don’t think so. Even Rihanna wrote most of her songs on Rated R and Unapologetic. You said that Kelly doesn’t have classic songs. Nope, she does have. Because of You/Behind These Hazel Eyes/Since U Been Gone (this one has recieved so many accolades) are widely sung in music competitions and they are widely known, not my fault that you are misinformed. What classic songs does Alicia Keys have? Lana Del Rey? Hm, I only know Fallin (by AK) and that’s it. Anyway, Whitney’s cheesy songs are average as well. One Moment In Time and All I Man That I Need are better than Because of You and Behind These Hazel Eyes? It depends on a music taste, but I don’t find Whitney’s songs mindblowing. The real song is Hurt by Xtina, that song always makes me cry when I hear it, no one can touch that masterpiece, not even your fav Whitney. But that’s my opinion, you can agree or not, I don’t care anyway. It’s the best ballad of all time. Pink and Kelly made their career with their own music unlike someone with I Will Always Love you (and yes, that’s ‘her’ biggest song, others don’t come close), her other songs are not that big. Anyway, your obsession with Whitney/Celine/Mariah is insane, you are putting all 2000s artists down because of them. Out of they 3 Mariah is the best, she is the real voice and her music is better quality wise than Whitney’s.
    Anyway, have a nice time, like I said that is just my opjnion and I don’t know why can’t you deal with it. It’s cool when you diss other artists but when someone says something about your fav ( I didn’t say nothing bad about WH and MJ, they are great musicians though) your reactions are insane. Learn ot respect other people’s opinion and they we can maybe get on well ;)

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

@likica
    You´re a f****** joke, always so impartial. Are u serious?
    You have a problem with me, it comes from… I don´t know, months ago, and I don´t even know why. I´m the one who has been trying to ignore you despite your constant stalking
    And now that I had enough of your stupidity… I´m the one who is naming you and all that b******* you wrote? I just simply did once what you´re been doing docens of times

Bye bye f****** joke aka Kelly Clarkson is a legend… LMAO

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Kelly isn’t that bad man, I suggest you listen to My December. P!nk isn’t either (I suggest Try this and I’m not dead).

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

Bitches: both are really talented, i already said that. Do you want me to name crap artists? Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kesha
    What I wanted to say is that there is nothing too special about neitehr of them, their MUSIC is average. Same case as Beyonce
    @Fatriah
    You are often right about some things but that name of yours decicated to bash one of the biggest stars with actual talent EVER… makes all your points invalid, so son´t come at me. I love plenty of artists of today. But everybody needs to be put in their place, cos since 2000 there has not been talent like before in commercial music. End of story
    By the way: I love Lana del Rey (so bad at live singing I know), Gaga, Florence+The Machine, Adele, Bruno Mars, Miguel, some Alicia, etc, etc. You know people from this current era :)

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

“Florence+The Machine” YES! Ceremonials is the shizzz.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Ceremonials is da album.

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

I don’t deny Mariah’s artistry or the fact that she’s legendary, with that being said, I just can’t stand her diva attitude, which is something I am allowed to dislike but I will ease up on your girl if it makes you feel better.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

@fatriah
    I would simply like if you change your name. There are so many talentless people out there, why hate a talented one with your user name? That says a lot. I don´t even do that with Rihanna :)

• February 4, 2013 at 4:25 pm
    BEYSUS OVER JESUS says:

BEYONCE NOW HAS 17 GRAMMY’S…ONLY THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

Beyonce was the most googled “subject” yesterday on Sunday.
    Piers Morgan said her halftime show was the best he’s seen.
    Beyonce’s performance generated more tweets than Oldonna’s.
    Mrs. Obama saluted Beyonce for her superbowl performance.
    Lastly, her tour is going to expand and add more dates in Asia, Oceania, & Latin America.
    #StayWinning

BEYSUS OVER JESUS Replied:

YESSSSS IMMA BE AT THE SHOW IN BROOKLYN, PRESALE WEDNESDAY…AND ALSO THE BRAZIL HIVE ARE CRYING FOR DATES, I HOPE ADD MORE, SHE DOING 11 SHOWS IN THE UK, I HOPE THIS GET PUT ON DVD.

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

Presale on Wednesday? Thanks for the heads-up. Imma bout to get mine ASAP!
    I know people that will be traveling hours just to see her perform.

• February 4, 2013 at 4:36 pm
    Kyle says:

Uh oh this @Likikiki b**** gonna awff lmfao.. U know the same one that said Whitney was one of the most overrated singers of all time and Avril Lavign slays Beyoncé rofl. Congrats Kelly though, she has a good voice although she doesn’t really emote and don’t really like her tone shes technically very good.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

LOL

Likica Replied:

Avril slays Beyonce yes, she has sold more albums than her. Besides, Avril writes her own music unlike Beyonce. Can you read?

Damn the reach Replied:

Who? Is she listed as one of the best selling artists of all time? I think not. Come harder boo, the songwriting shade is wack.

Damn the reach Replied:

In which case I guess she slays Rihanna too huh?

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

^Kii

• February 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    Hmmm says:

Im sorry but I just don’t like this girls voice. I couldn’t sit and listen to her whole album and really connect with her voice cos I don’t like it. She can belt out them notes though.

• February 4, 2013 at 4:55 pm
    BEYSUS OVER JESUS says:

The 2012 NFL season concluded with another television milestone as Super Bowl XLVII on CBS reached a total audience of 164.1 million viewers (6:32-8:41 and 9:11-10:47 PM, ET), making it the most-viewed show in U.S. television history according to The Nielsen Company.
    The 49ers-Ravens championship game topped the previous record of 162.9 million total viewers for Super Bowl XLV (Packers-Steelers) and marks the fifth consecutive Super Bowl to reach a total audience of more than 150 million viewers. Super Bowls account for the 22 most-watched programs in history in terms of total audience.
    Most-Watched TV Programs, Total Viewers
    Game Total Viewers
    Super Bowl XLVII (49ers-Ravens), 2/3/13 164.1 million
    Super Bowl XLV (Packers-Steelers), 2/6/11 162.9 million
    Super Bowl XLVI (Giants-Patriots), 2/5/12 159.2 million
    Super Bowl XLIV (Colts-Saints), 2/7/10 153.4 million
    Super Bowl XLIII (Cardinals-Steelers), 2/1/09 151.6 million
    Source: NFL, The Nielsen Company
    In addition, an average of 108.4 million viewers watched Super Bowl XLVII – ranking third all-time.

• February 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm
    Music Soul Harmony says:

Fatriah: JT, beyonce who im waiting to see slay. And did u forget Prince and Kelly clarkson? I don’t know If gaga will show up tho. I wish she was. And besides the Grammys will be much better this year without nicki garbaj and Justine bieber.

Fatriah Hairy (Riherpes stole WFL from Leona Lewis) Replied:

It has been confirmed that Bey will only present though.

• February 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    mob: tied of the feminization of men says:

STING + PRINCE = YEAH BABY YEAH

Other than them, YAWN! The same of s*** warmed over. Where are Jennifer Hudson and Xtina’s invitations to perform? Oh and Justin bieber? They are all that’s really missing form this commonplace line up.

I like Kelly but her Country music simply does not move me like her “Pop-Blue-Eyed Soul” hybrid music did!

Likica Replied:

Kelly doesn’t sing country music lol. She’s a pop/rock artist. Maybe you are talking about Carrie Underwood? :S

• February 4, 2013 at 5:09 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

“and seven-time GRAMMY winner Prince will appear as presenters.”

Reason enough to watch.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:06 pm
    King B>Rihanna says:

Love Kelly.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:11 pm
    King B>Rihanna says:

JOHNVIDAL you clearly prefer VOCALIST OVER ENTERTAINERS but while you praise them please do not bring entertainers down because as much as great CD,WH,AF and MC are.A industry full with vocalist would be a boring place.

Carly Replied:

I totally agree with you.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

When did I say that??? Michael Jackson is the king of pop and Tina Turner (aka the best female entertainer in history) was my first idol when I was 4 years old. I mean, please. Enough said

• February 4, 2013 at 6:16 pm
    Cream says:

I’m here for Beyonce and umm what the f*** do Beyonce look like comeing to the Grammys and not performing!!! Beyhive I think they mad and scared.

oh Replied:

she NOT performing !

• February 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

Luv Kelly. The girl can sang! And KING B and The Grammys have something up their sleeves. Cause I highly doubt she is presenting with a single due out pretty soon. She’s doing a surprise performance or she’s winning her 17th Grammy. That’s a tie with The Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin! I hope its both. That would b the performance of the nite, if she and JT duet. Yeah KING B is performing. 2 weeks ago she performed the SSB and was the most talked about. A week later she performed @The Superbowl and was the most talked about. And The Grammys are a week away and this would b her next major appearance and she isn’t performing. Don’t think so. She’s performing but it will b an surprise.

• February 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    Likica says:

Go girl, you will slay! Hope you will win in all categories that you are nominated in. The voice of generation along with Xtina<3

• February 4, 2013 at 8:15 pm
    Chachanana12 says:

Oh! Thanks 4 clearing up Bey won’t perform. Aww!! She’s never really presented before though so maybe she will perform as a surprise. Idk these Grammy seem pretty bad!

• February 4, 2013 at 11:28 pm
    Leon says:

Will tune in just to see Queen B presenting the award

• February 5, 2013 at 2:50 am
    cake like lady gaga says:

FRAUDyonce is not performing… She has been upstaged by Kelly.

The people at the grammys are not about that lip sync life, that’s why they chose a proper singer to SING, and snub Lipyonce.

The Bey h** must be devastated :-D

Music Soul Harmony Replied:

Devasted? She snatched wigs at the SB. Is Gaga performing??