Hot Shot: Usher & Jermaine Durpi Hit Studio For New Album | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Hot Shot: Usher & Jermaine Durpi Hit Studio For New Album

Hot Shot: Usher & Jermaine Durpi Hit Studio For New Album

It appears Usher is wasting no time cooking up new material to pair with his new role on The Voice.

Hitmaker and long-time collaborator Jermaine Dupri shared a shot of him and the 34-year-old in the studio, tagging the snap “Me and Usher back in the lab”.

And while the singing superstar has made no secret of the fact that he’s working on the follow-up to last year’s ‘Looking 4 Myself’, his reuniting with JD will, for most, be the most exciting news to emerge about the as yet untitled set. Indeed, the duo have a number of chart smashes under their collective belt – such as ‘You Make Me Wanna’, ‘U Got It Bad‘, the title-track of 2004′s Diamond seller ‘Confessions’, and of course ‘Burn’.

What’s more, with many still campaigning for a more marked return to R&B for Usher, re-teaming with Mr Durpi is as smart a move as it gets.

Check out our favourite cut from their many hits below…

• March 20, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Navy Sailor!!! says:

Ok Ersha please get it right this time around

Pusha Love Gworl Replied:

ersha? lol cute b****

• March 20, 2013 at 11:58 am
    Pusha Love Gworl says:

Usher just needs to hang it up already JT is back no need for him

Umm Replied:

JT need to sit his non-singing or dancing ass down somewhere…

Pusha Love Gworl Replied:

awwwwz u mad???????? jt slays you’ll have to deal mama

Umm Replied:

yep keep slaying ears and eyes all around the world.

• March 20, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    JARED (WHITE DUDE) says:

I CAN’T f****** WAIT!

• March 20, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    NAVY NICK says:

USHER IS THE BEST – PERIOD. I LOVE ALL OF HIS ALBUMS! CANT WAIT!

• March 20, 2013 at 12:46 pm
    MRS CARTER LOVER says:

Why is JT being mentioned? Holla at me when he has a SOLO album that sells 10.5 million in the states alone :)

Anywayzzzzz go usher! Bring that authentic usher sound back!

speechless Replied:

Sweetie Usher’s last album couldnt even sell 500,000. Get a grip on reality this aint 2004.

• March 20, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    Tallb says:

i actually loved his last album “climax”, “i.f.u.”, “dive”, “lemme see” and “euphoria” are great songs and it was much more rnb than people said imo…

Yaya Replied:

Exactly! I blame promotion on his poor sales.

• March 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    morena vee says:

Yes my BODY IS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR USHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH!

• March 20, 2013 at 2:17 pm
    Lovebird says:

I’m freaking the f*** out. Yass usher we need a confessions 2.0…CAN’T WAIT.

• March 20, 2013 at 2:30 pm
    butterfly says:

Are you guys ready for Confessions 2.0? I’m so excited, those two together make the best music!

• March 20, 2013 at 2:31 pm
    MISHKA says:

Ooowee baby can I handle this! Bring it on, Ush!

• March 20, 2013 at 2:38 pm
    King13 says:

telling an artist to stick to one genre is like telling an actor that they can only play one type of character role. JT’s album is good, however, you cannot deny that most of it sounds dated. Usher didn’t just hop on the dance craze, he did both r&b and pop so before you say he sold out, why don’t you actually listen to the full “Looking 4 Myself” album instead of judging by a few singles that were released. And to be honest, I like the fact that Usher brought something different to the table by mixing sounds such as “Climax” and “Go Missin.”

MsThing485 Replied:

No offense, but eff all that. I’m not interested in “pop” Usher. That’s not the guy I became a fan of. Now as far as people judging the album by the singles…well, what do you expect? The whole point of singles is to give the public a taste of what the album is about. If he’s pushing POP singles the hardest, then the public is gonna think it’s a POP album. And they pushed “Scream” a whole hell of a lot more than they did the R&B singles. Some of these R&B singers lately kill me thinking that they can get away with fence walking, while simultaneously promoting the pop singles harder. That’s some treasonous b******* and everyone sees through it.

There’s no such thing as “dated.” Sound is sound. I’m not a big fan of JT, but I respect him more for staying true to himself than Usher, who jumped on a bandwagon to sell, but ended up playing himself because it became his poorest seller to date. Usher’s core fans weren’t here for songs like “Scream,” and he didn’t make enough new fans with that to make up the difference.

Usher working with JD again is a step in the right direction. It gives me hope that he’s getting himself back together and got a wake up call that his real fans weren’t feeling L4M. I would like to be a fan of his music again, but if he continues to sneak in that pop and electronic “futuristic” nonsense in his music, then I won’t be here for it. I don’t care if it is surrounded by a bunch of compensating R&B tracks.

king13 Replied:

umm okay shall i even mention “Yeah!” – a dance song that came out in 04…so it’s not like he just hopped on some bandwagon

Navy Sailor!!! Replied:

“YEAH” was a crunk song which was the trend from 03-05!!!! It was NOT dance!

ImGood Replied:

Usher can lend his voice to any genre and it’ll sound great! Doing both pop and r&b music just shows his immeasurable talent.

• March 20, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    Lexi says:

Good! Looking 4 Myself was terrible. I’m ready to put Usher’s past three years out of my head if he’ll just come with something decent again.

• March 20, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    Jay Jay says:

I need this album to be URBAN!!! Pure R&B maybe a couple dance songs but more like urban pop. I know it’s much but it will be cool if him, Ludacris and lil Jon can make a Yeah 2.0 or a Lover and friends 2.0.

Navy Sailor!!! Replied:

LIL JON?! Didn’t we leave him and that crunk mess in 2006???????l

• March 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    Bey free says:

Come on Ush, step your game up. I want that My way, 8701, and Conffessions Usher. That’s what I need in my life again. That Usher right their had it going on. He was the only r&b male act that was getting that mainstream pyshe in the late 90′s and mid 00′s.

• March 20, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

He better no release that joke this year, lol.

• March 20, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    laytee says:

i really want usher to get back on his s***. his last three projects were so-so. but i will say that he’s not afraid to take a risk.

• March 21, 2013 at 12:27 am
    IDK says:

Thank God!!!!! Raymond Vs Raymond the last best album from him IMO! So glad to hear he’s returning back to his roots! Im too excited! I know this album will be EPIC!!!!! #LETSGETIT USH!!!!

• March 24, 2013 at 1:41 am
    USHER AND JERMAINE DUPRI 2013 | myyouthdesire.com says:

[...] diamond album,Confessions. So the veteran producer knows he’s stirring up hype with the photo he posted today (March 20) [...]

• March 20, 2013 at 5:03 pm
    Wside5678 says:

Why not? Someone released you, and you’re a joke.

f*****’ q(u)eer.