Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Watch: Solange Tackles Aaliyah’s ‘Hot Like Fire’ Live At Coachella

ff49aff0e402bff1cfe721c2e27b72d8 Watch:  Solange Tackles Aaliyahs Hot Like Fire Live At Coachella

‘I Decided’ diva Solange decided to grace 2013′s Coachella festival with her presence during British band The xx‘s set.

Despite not officially being on the bill, the youngest of the Knowles clan unveiled a live showing of tunes from her ‘True’ EP and a special reworked version of Aaliyah‘s ‘One In A Million’ hit ‘Hot Like Fire’.

Did she do the song justice? You tell us below:

Start at the 20 min mark:

• April 14, 2013 at 8:47 pm
    NT says:

Wasn’t bad , but Aaliyah’s music just shouldn’t be messed with.

• April 14, 2013 at 8:53 pm
    geno says:

god i miss solange’s long straight black hair. she was gorgeous with it.

toohotfortv Replied:

I’m sure she perfectly ok with you not liking her hair as it is now. She don’t f*** with you either ;)

geno Replied:

HI SOLANGE!!

MuiMui Replied:

My can’t people be allowed to think by themselves without getting chopped down.

• April 14, 2013 at 9:11 pm
    the voice says:

she looks great but……

why is Roc nation/ Jayz booking her for CoACHELLA instead of Melanie Fiona or Bridget kelly???

Sorry but they are wrong for that… just because she is Beyonces’s sister?

Melanie needs NEW mgt,

geno Replied:

break down these walls>>> solange’s whole discography

toohotfortv Replied:

Bc the audience at Coachella has no idea who those artist are. Those holster kids love, Solange.

geno Replied:

too bad they dont love her enuf to buy that album…….

geno Replied:

solange has always been getting by because of beyonce. where u been at?? when mathew was managing solange it was the same way. he had wack ass solange doing big time shows instead of michelle. now jay z is her pimp instead of mathew.

• April 14, 2013 at 9:40 pm
    King B>Rihanna says:

• April 14, 2013 at 9:49 pm
    NΛVI says:

Nice!! Solange and The guy from The XX have great chemistry. Love that song of hers plus she comes across as a more authentic artist unlike her sister which the hipsters love.

• April 14, 2013 at 9:49 pm
    RockaByeBaby says:

looks like shes wearing a diaper in that pic

• April 14, 2013 at 10:20 pm
    Alex says:

Horrible!!! Leave Aaliyah’s music alone! I’m so pissed off.

21st Century Slayer Replied:

Im a Bey fan but I pissed at Solo. That s*** wasnt for me. I loved Aaliyah too much. Solo sound and looked silly.

Alex Replied:

Seriously. Same here huge Bey fan but Aaliyah will always be my first love. No one should touch her music period.

• April 14, 2013 at 10:57 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

Why is every1 saying leave Aaliyah music alone? She was no queen when she was alive, but a known w****….SMH don’t be acting all fake up in here..

Dev Replied:

The comments are about her music and not her personal life

• April 14, 2013 at 11:41 pm
    Lost says:

Uhm the video I saw didt have Solange anywhere in it.

• April 15, 2013 at 12:02 am
    Dev says:

That was dreadful! The xx sucked all of the life and emotion outta the song, and Solange didn’t do much better for the two lines she “sang”

• April 15, 2013 at 12:08 am
    Aaliyah Godess of music says:

Solange can’t sing

• April 15, 2013 at 1:32 am
    SHESDUMB THE LEGEND says:

NOW WHY YOU WANNA GO AND DO THAT SOLANGE?

• April 15, 2013 at 1:49 am
    Bran_Tee says:

Nothing wrong with performing Aaliyah’s songs. Haters should just stfu and deal. I love me some Solange better than her fake sister.

• April 15, 2013 at 2:23 am
    cake like lady gaga says:

um……..

• April 15, 2013 at 4:19 am
    nick says:

yes i love solange., the xx is amazing such a nice mix!!!!

• April 15, 2013 at 6:53 am
    Navy sailor says:

Now wait Don’t come for solange when aaliyah whispered thru her songs e.g rock the boat! I like aaliyah BUT I saw her last performs of MTAW she didn’t sound good Just because she is dead (R.I.P aaliyah) doesn’t mean we got to treat her like a God… She had OKAY vocals live I’m sure she has some good performances BUT please don’t act like aaliyah had Whitney pipes

• April 15, 2013 at 6:56 am
    Queen Carey says:

Now wait! I love me some aaliyah but what’s this s*** don’t touch aaliyah songs? Aaliyah had a soft tone nothing to brag about she was a great artist but her vocals hunty don’t ! I feel that because she died people act like she the best thing since slice bread

Mark111 Replied:

A MC fan can’t talk about NO ONE vocals, MC lip sync 99% of her shows. No matter what you haters say, Aaliyah, with only 3 albums, already made a mark in R&B and is a legend, and there’s nothing you haters can do about it. 2 double platinum albums and her last one went gold in a month before her death, something that takes these other lames a whole year to just sell a million. Plus a blooming film career, THAT why Aaliyah was the s*** and why people still speak of her with respect today. So she was that chic. Let’s not forget that MC career was in the trash in 2000 and 2001.

• April 15, 2013 at 7:01 am
    Queen Carey says:

I think solange tries to hard not to be compared to Beyonce that’s why she is flopping doing all this weird s***

MELODY2012 Replied:

I think she is focusing on being different than focusing on making great music. I still don’t see the hype.

• April 15, 2013 at 7:17 am
    MuiMui says:

I love seeing the artists sampling others music its all seen as
    good entertainment to many.

• April 15, 2013 at 7:19 am
    . : : h 2 o : : . says:

I should start listening to some of her musicccccc…what’s her best song/EP/whatever?

• April 15, 2013 at 7:33 am
    Savannah says:

Y’all are acting like Aaliyah was some goddess of music or something. She had great writers and producers, but her live performances were almost always bad. I guess the saying is true… “They don’t love you until you’re dead” Go Solange! Lovesssss her!

• April 15, 2013 at 8:50 am
    Stans Make Me LOL says:

I liked it, and The XX can turn anything into gold, so kudos to them.

• April 15, 2013 at 9:21 am
    Mark111 says:

I think she did a good job, I don’t think the song was suppose to sound like Aaliyah’s version nor was it a cover, it’s Solang and The xx’s take on it and it sounded good to me. Aalyah, Queen of Urban Pop.

• April 15, 2013 at 10:43 am
    BeyoncesWigBrusher says:

No shade to Aaliyah.. but she wasnt all that great. Her voice wasnt any diffrent from Ciara’s and if she were alive today she’d be another flop like the rest of the girls that are out.

Dev Replied:

Aaliyah may have not been a great or good singer, but she had a better voice and range than ciara

• April 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm
    Found says:

As artists they had to have gotten off the stage and referenced that performance with “you know they got that ish on film damnit”.

• April 15, 2013 at 6:47 pm
    Found says:

• April 16, 2013 at 11:55 am
    FOREVERAALIyah says:

Look let’s keep it breezy over here. (NO not Chris Brown) I love AAliyah. She is the whole reason I wanted to start singing. Still singing till this day and waiting on God for my chance. Now Sol is okay but she had one good song and that was that. I don’t think bringing up anybody’s personal life into this, fuss is right. Especially when that said person can no longer defend themselves. You hate Liyah? Who cares there are billions more who loved her. Same can be said about Sol but only Millions no disrespect. Now I’m going to go listen to this song without the attention, of her trying to do a copycat like her sister does. An hopes she slays. If not all well. BTW Aaliyah can’t be touched. In death or life that girl was bad too the bone, an touched a lot of lives. Whitney nice pipes but a drug addict as they come. Sadly she’s in hell from her sins. Now that’s real.

• April 17, 2013 at 4:55 pm
    RealtortopproducerHomedatabaseBowierealestate says:

Hello there, I discovered your web site by way of Google while searching for a related matter, your website got here up, it appears good. I’ve added to favourites|added to bookmarks.

• May 13, 2013 at 9:37 am
    Ch says:

How are you gonna say “no shade” but everything afterwards is hate? Maybe Beyonces fans really are idiots, across the board.