New Song: Kierra Sheard - 'Trumpets Blow' {Prod. By Rodney Jerkins} *Full Song* | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

New Song: Kierra Sheard – ‘Trumpets Blow’ {Prod. By Rodney Jerkins} *Full Song*

kiki New Song:  Kierra Sheard   Trumpets Blow {Prod. By Rodney Jerkins} *Full Song*

Gospel princess Kierra Sheard is looking for 2013 to launch her already established career into the stratosphere.

Yes, she has had many-a-hit reign atop Billboard’s gospel chart, but now the soaring songstress has tapped top hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Babyface and songwriter TC (Brandy, Tamar Braxton) to help map the sounds set to nest on her sixth album.

Already teasing behind the scenes looks at its creation via her hit BET reality show ‘The Sheards’ (and recent live performances), now Miss Sheard introduces ‘Trumpets Blow’ – the thumping Jerkins/TC crafted number setting the net ablaze for gospel and secular fans.

Have your first listen below:

Banger!! If this is what Kierra is serving, we’ll take some and more to go!  As keen Kiki supporters here, we’ve long wished for a reunion of she and Jerkins – the mastermind behind her introductory hit ‘You Don’t Know’.

Giving the masses something they can get with without diluting the message, we do applaud the Grammy nominated songstress for the direction the album is headed.  Here’s hoping more cuts like ‘Trumpets’ sound off on the album and also help her make a much deserved mark on Billboard Hot 100.

We like. Do you?

Read our recent interview with Kierra Sheard by clicking here.

• April 27, 2013 at 11:48 am
    king z says:

wow kierra im shocked. im lovin this

• April 27, 2013 at 11:50 am
    RealMusicFan says:

I love it! Im a big kiki sheard fan.

• April 27, 2013 at 11:50 am
    P-Popstress says:

im kinda torn. when the song came on talkin about poppin bottles, i was like umm

but overall i like it. i think it will grow

MusicGuru Replied:

I can see you being torn if she was talking about popping bottles in a gospel song, but I think she used it as a great message. People brag about popping bottles in the club. Living life not caring, but when they are in a jam or scared for life, they call on Jesus. People need to pray to God all the time, not just in need. Good message Kiki

MamaMia Replied:

but girl..yo name is “P-Popstress”…

he/she/it who is without sin cast the first stone. so in layman’s terms —> _/ <—- your throne awaits my lady.

SIT!

• April 27, 2013 at 12:29 pm
    Gone-w.the-wind-fabulous says:

I’m surprise no hate has come yet.

• April 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    PremiumDiva says:

i like it. i think it should be a bit faster though. lol. you kind of want to dance to it, but its too slow to. but i felt the same thing about “God In ME” by mary mary. it was slow, but fast at the same time (sorry if that sounds dumb).

haha. either way i like it! go kiki

toohotfortv Replied:

that would be what you call a mid-tempo. bless your heart ;)

• April 27, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    Larry says:

twerkin to gospel. ayyyye!

• April 27, 2013 at 12:37 pm
    Missy says:

as much as i want to like it, i feel like TC has such an overbearing style.

most of his songs sound like he makes that person sing the song like he would.

MusicGuru Replied:

I just hear kiki. all writers have a overbearing style because they create the songs and more than likely sing it first. i like how he pushes artists in the studio to really sing. kudos to TC

• April 27, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    Mother Mariah says:

I’m not much of a gospel/religious person, but I grew up on The Clark Sisters and their legacy & talent CANNOT be denied!!! I also love The Sheards reality show. And with that being said, I like this song! I see that Kierra is trying to reach a broader audience….beyond the typical church people. I don’t know if this song will BLOW UP in the urban world like Kirk Franklin or Mary Mary’s music but I see it doing very well. Kierra is versatile. She can to traditional gospel, contemporary, rock-influenced and urban. I’m rooting for her!

BTW: I can’t forget that Karen Clark Sheard is one of Mariah’s absolute FAVORITE singers!!! :)

ENOUGH ONIKA (0 GRAMMY NOMS...) Replied:

Spot on hun!

• April 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    JER says:

So this is a must hear huh? …oh. I see you got an interview with her and suddenly its a MUST HEAR. Oh.

• April 27, 2013 at 2:44 pm
    king z says:

I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody brought the negativity. Some ppl are just childish beyond belief. Nut

• April 27, 2013 at 4:03 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (0 GRAMMY NOMS...) says:

Now i LOVE me some Kierra and mama Karen, have all their albums and I’ve been up to date with everything about Kierra’s new album. I do feel however this as a lead single isn’t as great as her previous singles such as “You Don’t Know” or “Why Me?” I know Kierra wants to be more contemporary and crossover with this album which I LOVE, This Is Me is still my favorite album by her, but she’s still playing it too safe when it come to production. She could be on the level of Brandy, Ciara or heck even Beyonce production wise if she would allow Rodney to really let go and create an urban sound that’ll fit her voice AND the audience she wants to reach. The auto-tune chorus isn’t for Kierra, she’s too good for that. Kierra would slay if she sang Beyonce’s 4, THAT’S the level of production she needs to be on. Come on Ki, you can do better than this love…

MusicGuru Replied:

i don’t think she wants to be on the level of brandy and ciara they both don’t sell. everyone knows kiki is a beast so why want to be like someone else

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

I meant the level of “production” not career wise. This has that “low quality, not to good enough for mainstream” type quality. I’m tired of Kierra getting the tracks a start out musician would get. Kierra over a song like Beyonce’s I Care is where she’s at. I don’t want to know I’m listening to a “gospel” album, I want to know I’m listening to an R&B album with a gospel message ya know?

BJ Replied:

i dont want KiKi to get too far out there like kirk franklin and some of the others. it became more about the money and getting the audience than about praising the Lord. God already knows which ones are coming back to him. Gospel artist should not be selling their souls like the RnB, rap folks. I want her to ensure the spirit behind the production is of Christ not just gospel lyrics but the spirit is demonic. them demons can mimic speaking in tongues

MusicGuru Replied:

There is a fine line when doing contemporary gospel, if you’re a kierra fan you know she doens’t want to go all the way there. this record is amazing and diff for CG. I wouldn’t want to hear Kierra over anything on 4 album. IJS

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

But that’s why gospel stays on the tail end of the industry, that “fine line” no one wants to cross. How is there a “fine line” when it comes to the QUALITY OF PRODUCTION? You’re saying gospel music should continue to sound inferior because “it’s wordly” to create just as good or BETTER sounding music than mainstream?? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. And if you want to reach a particular audience you need to bring your BEST and be relatable to that audience. You’re making it seem like I said Kierra need to sing about “droppin’ it low” and “shaking her booty,” I said PRODUCTION aka BEATS not lyrics. Keep the lyrics gospel but bring the heat with those beats is what I’m saying…

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

Mary Mary’s where they are because they don’t give a crap about small minded church folks wanting to keep the good news to themselves and keep the sound of the music IRRELEVANT! They keep that production HOT and the lyrics on faith and has numerous singles that have crossed over because of it. Mary Mary can be played on ANY R&B/Hip Hop station WITHOUT complaints because their music is undeniably HOT with both their faith-based lyrics AND PRODUCTION. You really struck a nerve hun with that last comment of yours lol. I love gospel but I’m ready to hear it on EVERY station and TV network, and it won’t happen with the small minded people staying STUCK in low quality mess because the WORLD says they should be there…

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

It seems as if Kierra was more willing to take risks in the beginning of her career with tracks like “You Don’t Know” “Let Go” “Hands Up” “Why Me” “Yes” “You’re The Only One” etc. than she is now. Both her debut and sophomore albums were HUGE successes, both going Gold. Then she listened to what “churchy” folks were saying about her music and started playing it “safe” and started going downhill sales wise from there. Now she’s stuck in that frame of mind…Ki, I WANT YOU TO WIN! Break out of that mold and give us that FIRE! You said on the show you have a problem with trying to please everyone, FORGET “EVERYONE” and give us that real Kierra, Detroit Kierra who knows how to rock out but keeps it cute and on God!

MusicGuru Replied:

You got to be on drugs if you think “Do You Know” is more of a risk for Kiki than this track. Production wise this is something very different for Gospel. Never heard this style before, plus Dubstep. Just cause you may not like the production does not mean that it’s not taking risks this is a new sound

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

B*tch keep it cute. Your a f*cking dumba*s if you think this is better than her old material. Dubstep is not even relevant anymore anyway. EDM is fading out and once again, Gospel is behind. Obviously you like this sound and I think she can do way better. Your okay with her aiming low and I’m not. “You Don’t Know” is WAY better production wise. And how do you call yourself the “musicguru” and never heard Gospel use this style before? Ever heard of Mary Mary or Rhema Soul? Stop trying it like this is “so different.”

MusicGuru Replied:

“b**** keep it cute”? I”m a dumb ass? … wow and you want to tell me about Gospel and you just cursed me out like your a 5yr old that can’t have a debate.. Clearly we know who’s the dumb one here.. God bless and go about your day devil

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

The hypocrisy is alive and WELL. Why would I be “fake” like you just because we’re talking about a Gospel artist?? Let me scroll through a Bey or Rih post to see you attacking in the same light. “I must be a drugs,” typical “religious” phony queen, always ready to throw the first stone then get baffled when they get a boulder thrown back ain’t em. I come at you like you come at me, period. A “queen” wanna tell me what a sinner I am, HA!! Pray for your own demons boo..

MusicGuru Replied:

I love Rihanna and Beyonce and I’ve never attacked any artist on here. So get your facts straight. and you talking about a Queen, quit the gay lingo and speak like a regular adult, but then again that the catty gay in you. God bless tho

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

And “I’m” the dumb one. Obviously you struggle with comprehension because I was calling your gay self out. And your SO holy but keep coming back to “throw shade.” I think God said to turn the other cheek? Throwing a “God Bless you” at the end of your weak shade is a typical religious phony crap.

BJ Replied:

honey mary mary really dont care cause their spirits dont care. they want that money and worldy acceptance. they have all them kids and they feel the pressure to be successful. Ki, shouldnt be making any decisions on her on, we live by what the holy spirit tells us. i am happy she is being reserved w/ her music. the lord gives us conviction but ppl who go by their “own understanding” may call it churchy folks talking.

Matthew Charlery-Smith Replied:

“4″ was not great production. Instead it was good composition (mostly). The songs failed to really have much musical impact and were quite noisy. Jeff Bhasker is like Babyface without the subtlety, finesse and musical emotions.

dastarkidd Replied:

I actually agree with you as far as big production she really needs to let go and let Rodney take her to the level. She is held back by fear even though her calling is pushing her to go further she is worried about what her audience and peers will think instead of what God thinks. Kierra really could be as epic as Beyonce and change the gospel industry as well as the secular industry. There was a time when secular artist were competing with gospel artist and if she could find her place where she fits. She could be one of the biggest selling acts of our generation. All she needs is bigger production and a million dollar marketing strategy, but hey if they push this single she might just do that. We don’t know what’s in Gods plan but I pray for the best, because this song is what I call a REPEAT!

• April 27, 2013 at 5:24 pm
    PAT says:

different….i like…much better than those overproduced cheap sounding numbers her brother does for her…i hope she lets loose on the bridge and vamp cause she’s a vocal BEAST

• April 27, 2013 at 6:14 pm
    truth(icki released 1,726 singles and 80 videos for reFLOP and still caint go platinum! Yea b****** i said it NNN WIT!! pops tongue) says:

Tbh i dont like it at all and i love the clark family. On yhe show(which i watch religiously) rodney talkes about how her voice was to awsome to auto-tune but he auto-tuned her. :-| . Im confused. I love her and her voice and lost it for You Dont Know but i dont like this at all. Sorry..and im not being negative. I grew up on the Clarks. They r awesome vocalist but this isnt it

MusicGuru Replied:

I hear no auto tune on her voice like her other recordings

truth(icki released 1,726 singles and 80 videos for reFLOP and still caint go platinum! Yea b****** i said it NNN WIT!! pops tongue) Replied:

Really.u caint? I can. But anyway i still love her just not this song

• April 27, 2013 at 7:47 pm
    voneeluv says:

i like

• April 28, 2013 at 8:45 am
    whenindoubtthetruthwillout says:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• April 28, 2013 at 10:56 am
    Music Loverrrrrr says:

Love the song!!
    Cant wait for the album to come out!!

• April 28, 2013 at 7:54 pm
    JP says:

I love her music. When i first heard Wave Your Banner I was blown away. Love Like Crazy and Why Me are two of my faves from her.

• April 29, 2013 at 7:41 am
    Drea says:

I like it but I like is just abt as much as I like her music with J Drew. I understand they want to branch out and try new sounds but J Drews music sounded good too. I still dont get why they were saying the music with him sounds outdated. Anyway, this song has a great message. Kierra represents the gospel really well. Im glad she rocks for Jesus!

• April 29, 2013 at 7:52 am
    Drea says:

Honestly, she should work with Warryn Campbell, he is able to make a great sound with a great message. He has done that time and time again with Mary Mary. They have FOUR Grammys because of their amazing voices paired with his amazing production. It seems to always work best when you stick to one producer because there is that partnership and chemistry that will always cause the music to succeed.

ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) Replied:

I agree, but she tried the one producer thing with her brother and it wasn’t that successful. Warryn Campbell already has Mary Mary for his partnership. Rodney could be really great with her, she just needs to allow Rodney to push her like Warryn does with the Mary’s..

• May 5, 2013 at 10:40 am
    urm says:

She looks like Naturi from 3lw

toohotfortv Replied:

not even, bra

• May 5, 2013 at 11:23 am
    IDK says:

I like it! Good Job! And i like the show a lot.

[...] Sheard isn’t the only one of a gospel royal family tapping mainstream producers for new projects.  The Anointed Pace Sisters have lent decades of hits and are looking to craft more if their [...]

• May 5, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    djwadeo says:

Not sure who runs this blog. But salute for the link back. Much respect!

[...] Google Blog Source- Christian Music I can see you being torn if she was talking about popping bottles in a gospel song , but I think she used it as a great message. People brag about popping bottles in the club. Living life not caring, but when they are [...]

[...] by R&B hitmaker Rodney Jerkins and penned by songwriter TC, the tune made its debut to critical and commercial acclaim weeks ago, quickly skyrocketing #1 on gospel Itunes.  [...]