To Our Readers

New Song: The-Dream – ‘Turnt (ft. Beyonce & 2 Chainz)’

beyonce dream turnt e1369138968143 New Song: The Dream   Turnt (ft. Beyonce & 2 Chainz)

As anticipation for Beyonce‘s new album nears fever pitch, King B tides over her Hive with a guest spot on ‘Turnt’ – a new song on The-Dream‘s ‘IV Play’ album.

The gritty cut, which also features rapper 2 Chainz, is believed to be the next radio single from its parent album, which hits stores on May 28th.

Hear what the trio cooked up below…

We like.

By no means a “Beyonce ” tiered single, the singer’s verses enhance what is an otherwise solid R&B number. Indeed, there is an air of refreshing to her effortless and restrained delivery here. A “top down with the radio on” type cut if we’ve heard.

1. |
    May 21, 2013 at 7:54 am
    Add Joey Mannarino on Facebrook says:

Beyonce killed that right there! She sounds great ratchet too… Beat it up til she black out! Dam she must talk so dirty in that bed with Jay! Lucky man. Love this song.

May 21, 2013 at 9:51 am
      Teflon Boy says:

I really like this and hats off to Bey because finally this is a track I can roll with…, I can’t stand the ‘hollering on every damn line coupled with dumb lyrics’ Beyonce that annoyingly has become her signature. IMhO Beyonce is at her very best when she is at her most conversationally lyrical and delivering a song in a conversational style as far as I’m concerned is where she shines brightest. She’s not really a balladeer when compared to the Mariahs and Whitney’s but the Video Phone style tracks are too basic for her talent…, for me it’s on songs like ‘Yes’, ‘Temptation’, ‘Confessions’, ‘Cater 2 U’, ‘She Can’t Love You’, ‘Is She The Reason’, ‘Cards Never Lie’…, the list goes on. THAT is when I freakin’ love Beyonce and have zero issue with her but Freekum’ Dress and the like have become her signature i.e. dumb female focused songs that paint her in the up-most best light. As a man I want to feel as though I’m not listening to music that is only designed for tampax adverts. I would love to hear a layered concept album from Beyonce where she is not afraid to cast herself in shades other than perfect.

May 21, 2013 at 11:36 am
        KD says:

I feel you…The Writings on the Wall Beyonce was on point…I absolutely hate her female empowerment songs (i.e. Single Ladies/Girls/Grown Woman) and I don’t know why she insists on being the banner woman for female empowerment/emancipation…she should make songs that EVERYONE can appreciate.

May 21, 2013 at 6:45 pm
        yep! says:

yes you are 100% correct!!!

May 21, 2013 at 7:37 pm
        staph says:

Agree, listeners want to relate to her as a person. She is always doing the perfect routine you forget she might have struggles. I’m surprised no writer has penned a song about motherhood for her (something along the lines of Zion like Lauryn Hill did) but I digress. Hopefully, the album would be multi-layered concept.

May 21, 2013 at 10:55 am
      UCYIE22 says:

Wow… My friend Lnny has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~~~ MìxedŚìngle.Çoм ~ ~~A Serious interracial dating is an ideal platform for afro romance for black & white singles. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.

2. |
    May 21, 2013 at 7:58 am
    YAAASS! MOTHA BEY! says:

Omfg! She sucked Jay-Z d*** backstage! That was the refernce she was making when she said Angeline and Bob! Beyonce a little s*** freak! Lmfao—–> I always knew her and jay were freaky! Freakonce yall! This song is hot1 Every song sh released has been hot. From Grown WOman,To SOTOS,TO this, To BowDown I beenOn. I cant tell this will be b-day part 2. A full party album.

May 22, 2013 at 4:11 pm
      andrew says:

always lies

3. |
    May 21, 2013 at 7:59 am
    Ballsy says:

Don’t care for it!

4. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:01 am
    cake like lady gaga says:

FRAUDyonce STILL hasn’t released a single yet? LOL she really isn’t here for the h** hey? She BEEEEN paying these peasants dust!

#PoorDat

May 21, 2013 at 8:06 am
      RIR SLAY says:

THE DREAM NEED TO CHILL, FLOP

5. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:02 am
    Bey Fan says:

Love it…. great club banger.

6. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:03 am
    Frankie says:

TURNT UP TURNT UP TURNT UP!!!

Beyonce finally going ratchet!!!!! She SLAY this s***!

KING B

May 21, 2013 at 8:06 am
      RIR SLAY says:

SLAY WHAT

May 21, 2013 at 8:48 am
      Ballsy says:

You mean she finally jumping on you know whose bandwagon.. Yall should be ashamed to admit it but I’m sleep doe!

7. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:08 am
    KSH says:

Ummm okay then. I’ll pass.

8. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:09 am
    Lovebird says:

OMG this is hot, release it on iTunes ASAP Dream.

9. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:11 am
    nobitchassness says:

The term Ratchet is so last year though.

10. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:16 am
    cabz says:

this song is hot, i like it a lot, its amazinggg

11. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:23 am
    KingBeyBitches says:

Its OK I guess!!

12. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:23 am
    NΛVI says:

gurl waittt TGJ yall mess of a site pop up in one of beyonce Tumblr video, so that heifer read this site lmao…i hope she sees my comments *chuckles*

13. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:28 am
    MyPenIzFresh says:

I really like this, this is more like ‘Love/Hate’ Dream, and I like hearing Beyonce on a more urban styled track. Her effortless harmonies are so on point!

This is the kind of Dream I was looking for.. and a nice change of pace for Bey from the 4 era

14. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:37 am
    IStan4Music says:

Im in the middle of listening to it and im feeling it, yesssss bey! :)

15. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:41 am
    Navy Sailor says:

The phrases “Turn Up” and “ratchet” needs to be retired right now! But other than that, the song is hot! Me like!

This song >>>>> the song with Kelly

May 21, 2013 at 8:47 am
      MyPenIzFresh says:

yea the phrases are a bit dated.. but the style of this song is sick!

16. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:42 am
    fatusankoh says:

bey is the best she naild it raw talente

17. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:42 am
    Lovebird says:

@NAVI

Why were you on Beyonce’s tumblr? I wouldn’t go there even if she had information on a new classified deadly virus.

18. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:44 am
    pat says:

hard time for her kind of music right now…r and b is not selling in numbers that’s expected for her….the lablel thought GROWN WOMAN was gonna work being shoved down our throats with the Pepsi deal, but even that didnt work….so its back to the drawing board

May 21, 2013 at 8:54 am
      truth(icki's b**** ASS STANS can EAT ME honey!! Yall b**** is a STANK p**** FLOP chile! (puckers lips like Drake)) says:

s***

May 21, 2013 at 8:59 am
        pat says:

maybe she can try a mariah payola deal…seems to be working for her

May 21, 2013 at 10:20 am
      Mwah says:

Um if Beyonces wanted to do the typical pop right now she could. Look at JLo. But she chooses not to.

19. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:45 am
    Joey says:

Great!!! all I need right now is a iTunes release date and a music video

20. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:46 am

Now THISSSSS MUTHAFUCKN SONG goes hard in da paint chile!!! #HIT

21. |
    May 21, 2013 at 8:56 am
    Super Cisus says:

DATED

22. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am
    MariahIsMusic1 says:

This b**** killed her verse. This song is so hot

23. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:16 am
    whocares says:

good for dream because she helps to make him relevant again if he ever was at all. sad for beyonce. you stans are the worst. you are the reason beyonce continues to disappoint with this weak ass s***. not everything she jumps on or does slays.

24. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:17 am
    mildred says:

Love bey! I know haters will never admit how great this song is, bt it does nt change hw gr8 this song is! Wow lovw King BEY

25. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:19 am
    Latrell4Bey says:

im loving this more sensual ratchet bey! Turn up turn up turn up BWOIII!

26. Vote

[...] gj 0    This entry was posted in Celeb News, Music, Videos, What's Hot and tagged 2 [...]

27. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:30 am
    EdwardPonton says:

This s*** knocks Beyonce can make a mediocre song turn into a hit with her musicianship she’s talented man really knows how to dive deep into the feeling of a song. 2 chains killed his Verse, the dream singing was limited. It’s a hit to me

28. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:32 am
    rihking says:

This s*** is boring and wag…This cow really needs to hang it up.

May 21, 2013 at 6:20 pm
      Teah says:

No your no talented ass Splice King needs to hang it up.

29. |
    May 21, 2013 at 9:50 am
    KD says:

MOTHAFUCKING YESSSSSS!!!!!!

I love this song…I’m love when Bey is restrained on songs i.e. this + I miss you.

I might actually get the Dreams album :-0

May 21, 2013 at 9:52 am
      KD says:

I’m = I

May 21, 2013 at 9:55 am
      Teflon Boy says:

I was saying this above…, this is actually where she shines absolute brightest for me, when she’s more subtle. I used to love Beyonce but the change to constant hollering eventually just killed it for me.

30. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:03 am
    King B>Rihanna says:

wait so beyonce with freaky with this s***.

yes i’m here for the more sensual Beyonce.

31. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:05 am
    Mwah says:

This is HOT! Go Beyy!

32. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:17 am
    Kisses Down Low says:

Beyoncé did the damn thing on this!

33. |

May 21, 2013 at 11:30 am
      KD says:

On my 50th listen LOL

35. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:34 am
    RIRI THE KING says:

POUR IT UP WILL MURK THIS AND FLOP WOMAN!!!

May 21, 2013 at 10:54 am
      . : : h 2 o : : . says:

And how do you know this will be released as a single? :roll:

Just looking for a way to PROMOTE your fav’s flopped albums and even singles I see . .

SMH

May 21, 2013 at 11:53 am
        RIRI BOSS b**** says:

AND YOUR DELUSIONS ARE SHOWING!! UNA IS @ 3 MILLION AND POUR IT UP IS PLATINUM!! 4 TOOK 2 YRS TO SELL 2.5 MILLION I SEE UR SCARED FOR YOUR FLOPPING FAT FAVE!!

May 21, 2013 at 12:19 pm
        . : : h 2 o : : . says:

And how “Unapologetic” being a FLOP or not does have anything to do with 4’s performance?

Just the thought of Rihanna’s albums NEVER being considered successful UNLESS they outsell “4” – Beyonce’s lowest album and only flop album in 15 years . . . :lol:

Doesn’t that tell you something? :lol:

BTW, hang it up!

Just like 2.8 million is a flop, 3 million is a FLOP too :x

NOT successful :x

Wake up from your FLOPPED dreams :x

Same goes for “FLOP it Up”. Platinum my ass.

36. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:49 am
    TheTruth Will Set You Free says:

Just the right amount of ratchet with a bit of bootay shake.

37. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:49 am
    Royalkev says:

B_E_Y_O_N_C_E dammmmn you still on tracks like this 16 years later!!! Now this is why they all stay mad at you? #Fire

38. |
    May 21, 2013 at 10:57 am
    UCYIE22 says:

… Unbelievable….Wow… My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~~~ ~~InterràcìalFìshes.Çoм ~~ ~ ~~A Serious interracial dating forr black & white single sseeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.

39. |
    May 21, 2013 at 11:11 am
    Ariana My Angel says:

A little too ghetto for my taste but beyonce sounds good

40. |
    May 21, 2013 at 11:26 am
    lanho says:

BEYONCE IS SO WACK THIS SONG IS GHETTO AND SHE IS NOT A REAL R&B SINGER THIS IS WACK SOUNDS LIKE A RIHANNA SONG. BEYONCE HAS NO STYLE OR CLASS

May 22, 2013 at 7:35 am
      Dray says:

Nope. .Rih wouldn’t have signed on for this mediocrity.

May 22, 2013 at 11:48 am
      TheTruth Will Set You Free says:

You are talking about someone being ghetto while typing in all caps.

Sit down, please.

41. |
    May 21, 2013 at 11:37 am
    Special Delivery says:

Yes she certainly did bring it on this track. She sounds great.

42. |
    May 21, 2013 at 11:53 am
    aloys234 says:

‘Turnt’ = is a hit!I dont care how much shade u haters want to throw, its a TUNE!! just coz ur ear drums dont appreciate the music for the right reasons, whether it be for the club, to listen to at home or to just get crunk to in the bedroom on ur own.. its still a tune.. u ppl listened to it one time then u want to judge it based on that, but come next week be telling ppl how much its grown on u! i know ur type.. but thats ur m.o to hate thats the reason y u exist coz u aint had nothing positive in ur life..

43. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:00 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

No hunty just stop!…..

44. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    Mr. Popularity says:

Beyoncé is definitely bigger than this…. she sounds good subdued :see once in a lifetime. I’m a fan of SOME ratchetness and this song channels rihanna, in my opinion, so im jamming

May 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm
      HoneychildPlease says:

She isn’t because if she was, she wouldn’t be doing it so just stop!

45. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    Lolz says:

This is the ish! I love it.

46. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:05 pm
    HoneychildPlease says:

Sounds like something off of the RUSH HOUR 1 soundtrack! DATED, DATED, DATED, and DATED!

47. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:33 pm
    jump on it says:

YAS BEYY b****!!!!

MY LIFE HAS BEEN RECIEVDEEFBUIWSUIF!!!!!

May 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm
      . : : h 2 o : : . says:

I AM TELLING YOU!!!

MY LIGHPHE HATH BEEN GIVENTHH!!!

I WATHN’T READIHH!!!

May 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm
        jump on it says:

yaaasss

48. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:35 pm
    beyfan000000001 says:

DANG FIRST ‘GROWN WOMAN’ NOW THIS!!!
    BEY IS REALLY BRINGING IT

49. |
    May 21, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    man s*** please n**** says:

Why beyonce’ changing into this ghetto ass hood chick man come on i hate it leave that s*** to kelly & rihanna i miss sweet untouchable beyonce’ now it’s like if u go to the club saturday night u will see her that s*** is lame

50. |
    May 21, 2013 at 2:49 pm
    Loyalty says:

I like it. Sounds much better in full that in the snippet.

51. |
    May 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm
    speakinthetruth says:

SUPER DOPE!!! I like this better than Grown Woman.

52. |
    May 21, 2013 at 3:48 pm
    Damiso says:

Gotta say Bey… this sh*t is bangin

53. |
    May 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

THE QUEEN! THE QUEEN OF POP! THE QUEEN OF POP/R&B! THE QUEEN OF HIP HOP/POP! The b**** went the f*ck n! OMG! The Rih*nts are mad that there Superdome forehead fav will never deliver anything close to that!

May 22, 2013 at 7:36 am
      Dray says:

Are…….you…….serious with this comment? I won’t even. . .chhhhhhhhh

May 22, 2013 at 11:43 am
        Voice of Reason says:

Dear Dray,

No need to stand down to people’s low intelligent level.

There is a difference between being analytical and straight out stupid and delusional. The above comment (above yours) falls under the latter.

Beyonce will NEVER reach Iconic and Legend status with childish lyrics like this and grown woman where she sings “I have cute face and fat ass”, if she feels the need to remind people of her outward beauty then there is something missing in her mental zone.

May 22, 2013 at 11:45 am
        Voice of Reason says:

intelligence, not intelligent.

54. |
    May 21, 2013 at 4:08 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

Why is it, that everytime THE QUEEN collabo with someone. She ends up Slaying them on their own songs lmao. Only True Vocal Queens do that bwahahahahahahahha. The b**** voice slayed anything Rihoe ever put out. See. This is the reason why I f*ck with this b****. Those critics was right. Nobody can drag their voice along side an Hip Hob Urban beat, better than THE QUEEN! NO ONE!

55. |
    May 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    MING says:

BEYONCE IS A f****** RIP OFF COPYCAT b****…

” DREAM can you write me a song like RHIANNA POUR IT UP”

ITS THE SAME FEEL, BEYONCE YOU f****** COPYCAT w****…

56. |
    May 21, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    starboi says:

Song is just ok nothing special.dead at bey stans talkin abt her voice, anybody could have sung wat she sang on this track

57. |
    May 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm
    abzLovesBey says:

King B slays again!!!! Ya’ll stay mad!!!… She’s back whether y’all like it or not!!! Ri-nono who?

58. |
    May 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

U are rite @ starboi but the things is, ur favs can’t make it sound better than her verse bwahahahahah. Dismissed C*nt. Lmao @ This Dumb f** @ Ming. Do u have an brain? I know u don’t but um….this is the Dream song. U delusional Dirty Filthy Rihc*nt. I done told ur ass to stay n ur lane. Now try me or THE QUEEN AGAIN!

59. |
    May 21, 2013 at 6:40 pm
    yep! says:

ok, beat it uo til I black out!??
    Rider!!!!!

60. |
    May 21, 2013 at 6:43 pm
    staph says:

It is okay! Nothing special, it is the Dream. He’s weak. I like Bey but if you wanna do legend, icon status music, this ain’t it. I think she must owe him some freebies for giving her writing credits or something because she wasted her talent on this song. Bey can do better and this is not it.

61. |
    May 21, 2013 at 7:02 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

STFU HATIN ASS b****

62. |
    May 21, 2013 at 11:42 pm
    JER says:

This song is the epitome of beysic. I’ve never heard so much autotune on Dream either. SMH

63. |
    May 22, 2013 at 7:38 am
    Dray says:

If Rih properly promotes PIU at the same time Bey tries to promote this—Bey’s song would fade into obscurity. This doesn’t touch PIU.

64. |
    May 22, 2013 at 11:30 am
    Voice of Reason says:

am a fan of performing Beyonce! She can sensually set the stage on fire, that’s very good if she only wants to be known as the best female stage performer!

If she wants to be true Icon and Legend,she needs to get ride of the mainstream writers and get to writing her own music without co-writing majority of the songs! She needs to take lessons from her junior sister Solange who completely write her own music from start to finish!

Solange is more lyrically grown than Beyonce. I actually like the two sisters. I just expected something more substantial from Beyonce at this stage of her career, pushing 20 years in the industry.

You are not a grown woman if you just want to tell the world how “cute” and “fat ass” you are!!! (cut the bull of “well she is grown she can do what she wants”). We know you are cute, the ass, well that is debatable (because of the b*** pads).

Grown women don’t say narcissistic things! any true grown woman will tell you that their inner qualities is what makes them truly beautiful and knowledge is grown, that musical knowledge seems to always elude Beyonce. When you listen to 4, you can see she has the potential but she seems to be distracted by her own inconsistency in her message and vision!

Beyonce get your daddy back. You can not deny Beyonce had consistent message (whether fake or real) when she was managed by her father.

Adele is only 24 or 25 years old but she is reaching Iconic and Legend status far quicker than Beyonce, when it comes to lyrics.

Beyonce needs to go away for a long time and self examine. Sade brings out an album after being away for so long, the album sell out because it’s lyrically rich!!

Beyonce should not be worried about being forgotten if she goes away for two years or more, as long as she comes back with substantial lyrics and musical contents.

As a stan you have to be analytical and call a spade a spade, no matter who the person is. I expect such “I am cute and my ass is fat, beat it till black out” from the likes of Rihanna (understandably because she is young) not grown woman Beyonce!!!

There is a way to sell and tell the world about how good your s** life is without being ratchet about it, just ask Janet Jackson!!! Majority of Janet music were s** related but she maturely executed them with style. Something Beyonce has yet to learn.

Beyonce you can do it, forget what is hot (ratchet, turnt up or whatever), go inward (beyonce everyone knows you are outwardly cute) and produce iconic and legendary lyrics!!!

The nerve of her to be shading other artists in her documentary!!! Beyonce BE GROWN, I am fan but I want you grown because I am your age. I don’t want to tell the world how cute my face is and the size of my b***, I just let my inner qualities reflect my qualities.

May 22, 2013 at 11:36 am
      Voice of Reason says:

I meant to say “I let my inner qualities reflect my confident”

First paragraph should begin with ” I am a fan”…..

Anyway, she needs to go back to the drawing board or just do the tour and take a long break and come back with mature grown woman lyrics!!

65. |