ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

New Song: R. Kelly – ‘My Story (ft. 2 Chainz)’

r kelly my story 2 chainz thatgrapejuice New Song: R. Kelly   My Story (ft. 2 Chainz)

Following his retrospective set at the BET Awards, R&B pioneer R. Kelly is back with new single ‘My Story’.

The 2 Chainz assisted cut serves as the lead release from the Pied Piper’s latest studio album (which has gone through as many name changes as Prince).

Has Kellz still got “it”? You decide after the jump…

Hmm. With ‘Story’, Kelly presents quite the conundrum.

On the one hand, we anticipated something with more lyrical dexterity; something more befitting of his status as one of music’s skilled songwriters. Yet, it’s imperative to remember the versatility of the artist at hand; indeed this is the same man who commanded radio to ‘Step In The Name Of Love’ straight after telling them where he wants to stick his ‘Ignition’. Then, of course, there’s his Gospel/Inspirational numbers.

As such, while ‘Story’ is far from groundbreaking, it’s a decent enough effort from an act we’re certain still has many an Ace up his sleeve. Fingers crossed his latest album (whenever it arrives) showcases more of the varied tones, tempos, and textures that make up one of the music’s most celebrated chameleons.

• July 29, 2013 at 11:19 am
    kim Kardashian stan says:

Flop

YYYYYQQ Replied:

Dears! Any singles wanna join rich club with me and hit me up ?
    I am a mature man and now I—- am seeking a good woman who can give me real love.You know any millionaire club? I think ~~~ Rìсhfishеs.CοM ~~~
    is a special site focusing help single rich man or pretty girl find romance so I spend most of my online time there.. My screen name is clear4approach. If you are interested, add me.I hope your day went well and I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for reading this! dfdgdfgfg

Alex Replied:

You a flop

hkvmktyityi Replied:

~~ Unbelievable~`Wow~~`My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~BlàckWhìteHub. Ç o m ~~ They told me it is a Serious black white dating for black & white single s seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, and so on….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.vcbvcb

• July 29, 2013 at 11:30 am
    You Must Be Out Your Mind says:

I Like it, hes trying to get air play with something generic at first and then hit em with something really crazy for the second single.

• July 29, 2013 at 11:30 am
    YYYYY says:

Life is so lonely .I am a rich and single man at present .I need a woman who can love me back . I also uploaded my hot photos on → →Rìсhfishеs.CοM ←← under the name of cbp91302 , CERTIFIED INCOME)..It’s the largest and best club for seeking CEOs, pro athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, beauty queens, fitness models, and Hollywood celebrities. Please Check it out!I’m serious.
    sdfdf

• July 29, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    Daniel Teflon says:

NEVER SUPPORT CHILD MOLLESTERS!!

• July 29, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    _NoFucksGiven_1 says:

b**** stfu he is not a child m******** and I love this song since the BET Awards..

artPOOP Replied:

yes he is. he pees and sexes children and so does any of you lambs out there that still support water sports kelly

GTFO! Replied:

Stop believing everything you hear, b**** and STFU!!!

NOBODYPERFECTS Replied:

No he isn’t. Now go away!!!

• July 29, 2013 at 1:14 pm
    stephy the lambily says:

Legends need to stop fitting in. This is just sad its worst than thatmess Triumphant & Give me all Your Love UGHHH

toohotfortv Replied:

He has always done this type of thing. That’s why he’s lasted so long. Adapting to the trends and putting his spin on it. I personally think he should’ve got Future on this though.

• July 29, 2013 at 3:05 pm
    Alex says:

This new jam is fire, R Kelly has a heavy line-up on his new album…You haters eat a fat c***

• July 29, 2013 at 5:25 pm
    hit says:

• July 29, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    deniseblack says:

wow a big change for r Kelley change is good (NICE) (and im sticking to it) hot beat 2 chanze you rock

• July 29, 2013 at 6:16 pm
    Boss says:

This bump. Could do without 2 Chainz tho.

• July 30, 2013 at 10:28 pm
    AmbeRussell says:

i jsut dont get how did he go from love letter to this? i mean he made when a woman loves and now he is making music like this? i understand fitting it, but at what cost to your legacy?

[...] finish and premiered on Chicago’s V103, following the arrival of his 2 Chainz backed ‘My Story’ and before the November arrival of Future’s hotly anticipated sophomore [...]