New Video: Willow Smith – ‘Summer Fling’

willow smith New Video: Willow Smith   Summer Fling

As much as it hurts us to admit it, there’s something unsettling about the way in which Willow Smith is being presented to the world.

Case in point, her appearance in Melodic Chaotic‘s brand new offering… ‘Summer Fling’, which sees the 12 year old Pop Princess enjoy just that with a boyfriend in the video, one year after the release of her more age appropriate ‘I Am Me‘.

Unfortunately, in trying to present the starlet as being ‘all grown up’, whoever was tasked with creating this video actually reaffirms that there is something seriously wrong with placing a child in a setting as romantic as the one you’ll see below- especially, when that child is playing a character far older than themselves.

• July 6, 2013 at 4:58 pm
    DanYiel Teflon says:

It’s a Damn Video I doubt Jada & Will Smith are letting her fall far from there household with a damn date!! Will especially she’s his only daughter & I know HE AIN’T HAVING THAT BULL!!

QueenCarter Replied:

Erm no, imagery is everything. Even if she’s not doing it in real life, what is a 13 year old acting like a grown woman for. Just today I saw a picture of her brother pretending to smoke on a boat. They think it’s cute but it’s not.

FutureCIARA Replied:

You’d be suprise what these Hollywood parents let their children get into!

I wouldnt doubt if lil girl has been deflowered yet, Hell they are letting Jaden Smith and Kylie Kardashian date and they are not that much older than lil Jada….. Only God knows what these kids are doing

zxvxzvery Replied:

~~ Unbelievable~`Wow~~`My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~BlàckWhìteHub. Ç o m ~~ They told me it is a Serious black white dating for black & white single s seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, and so on….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.zxv

• July 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm
    nobitchassness says:

Well this came outta nowhere.

• July 6, 2013 at 5:04 pm
    RICHIE_RICH says:

her and Rihanna sound so much alike……………….

Lovebird Replied:

I love Rihanna but this girl (Willow) is more talented than Rihanna, I can see the similarities though.

huj Replied:

hahaahahahahaahahahah just shut up i can see ur still mad the navy didnt want you anymore and rih blocked u hahahahahahahahahah

Lovebird Replied:

I’m over it honey, and I don’t need the navy’s approval.

RICHIE_RICH Replied:

Only time will tell. I wish her nothing but the best. I hope the Smith wait til she is older tho.

Oh Yeah!!! Replied:

Agreed about her being more talented than Rihoe!

• July 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Lana Del Slay says:

Go to school.

• July 6, 2013 at 5:16 pm
    Brazilian beyonce!!! says:

Girl bye :(

• July 6, 2013 at 5:21 pm
    BTICHPLEASEEEE says:

IS SHE STILL MAKING MUSIC??? BTW I THOUGHT SHE WAS A LESBO THOUGH. I’M ONLY HERE TO SEE s*** JADEN ON THE VIDEO . MMMMMMMMMMMM ;) ;) LMFAO

• July 6, 2013 at 5:22 pm
    Lovebird says:

Love this, this is amazing. Even though I think she’s very talented, I think she should give herself a chance to be a kid, skip the fame thing and enjoy being a kid and go back to school.

Once this girl grows up, she’ll be AMAZING, A FORCE TO RECKON WITH.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Didn’t was you who called Janet Jackson more talented than Madonna in an old post when The Queen plays instruments, co-write her songs and is the most artistic female singer and now you think this kid is talented.

Lovebird Replied:

Janet Jackson is more talented than Madonna though, she writes her own songs, is a better performer and is a better singer than Madonna (even with her limited range).

I give Madonna lots of props because she is the mother of re-invention, can play instruments, writes her own songs and is much more artistic, oh and “Ray of light” album.

But yes I still maintain than Janet is more talented than Madonna.

I can see why you don’t like Janet though **side eyes Justin Timberlake** :)

Lovebird Replied:

Willow is talented, she writes her own songs, can play an instrument, is a hell of a performer and can sing.

Lovebird Replied:

Suicide Blonde Replied:

No honey, Janet’s voice is not better than Madonna, Madge’s 1991 Oscars performance>>>>>>>>Any Janet’s vocals.
    Madonna writes her own songs too, can dance too, Madonna was a professional dancer before fame, they are just differents type of dancers, Madonna is also a much better performer, Janet on stage is limited to dance while Madonna does it all, play instruments, dance, sing live at times, overall she a much complete performer than janet, i don’t see how is Janet more talented than Madonna, i swear……

Lovebird Replied:

Janet Jackson is a BETTER dancer than Madonna, I think you’re in denial. I am not doubting that Madonna can dance, she can but not as nearly as good as Janet.

Madonna is a better performer?? She has a bigger production budget which makes her performances stand out, I’ll give her than but performance wise she is better than Janet?? I doubt it, that I guess is a matter of opinion.

Janet is also much more versatile than Madonna music wise, she’s done it all big ballads, dance, RnB, rock, you name it; Madonna is limited to Dance and Pop which isn’t a bad thing, I loved “Ray of light” and “Music”, those are my two fav Madonna albums but I still like Janet better.

I dare Madonna to sound this good with so much movement and choreography

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I didn’t say Madonna is a better dancer, i say they are different type of dancers, Janet’s is more ala MJ style while Madonna is very far from that and Girl you don’t know nothing about Madonna, Janet’s more versatile than Madonna, Janet has done Rock, are you kidding me, Madonna’s music limited to Pop and Dance, so i guess you don’t know about Madonna’s pre-fame music, she started as a post-punk singer in her band Emmy’s and the Emmy’s and played drums in the Breackfast Club band, Burning Up’ alone is more rock than anything Janet has done, the woman has done it all, Pop, Synthpop, New Wave, Rock, Punk, Country, Electronica, Electropop, Dance, Techno, Trance, Latin Pop and Madonna can put on a great show with just a micro babe, okay you like Janet More and that’s just fine but let’s be honest.

Lovebird Replied:

OK, so Madonna started out in a punk band but all her music once she got that big record contract has been pop and dance music, again not a bad thing. I also like some of her country music, which is why “Music” is one of my fav Madonna albums. That said, Madonna putting on a rock record is something I would need receipts for, just saying.

Also, Madonna needs a production budget to put on a good show, she might be good with just the mic but I have not seen it. Madonna is a very visual artist, but so is Janet, they both need something for them to put on a good show, Madonna needs a production budget, Janet needs a horde of back-up dancers.

Madonna with just the mic, come on now Suicide, I like you but come on.

I think it’ll just have to done on you that Madonna cannot do it all, just saying. Again, I like her but she cannot do it all, just like Janet cannot do it all.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I copy and pasted this since my comment was moderated.

It should be noted that Madonna made herself. She started as a punk and eased into dance/pop. She made herself and what she made was wanted by thousands at first and then by millions later. It is easy to brush her off as a talentless hack when looking at the surface but if you scratch the surface you’ll see a brilliant mind at work, listen to her discography not only Ray of Light, American Life is also an album that has been compared to Bob Dylan’s work, you need receipts, Youtube Madonna ‘Safe neighborhood’ and there’s a lot of more or Hung Up like at the ticky and Sweet Tour, watch her amazing job with the Guitar, it might not be the type of artist people in this site LIKE but she’s definitely is very talented.

Lovebird Replied:

“t is easy to brush her off as a talentless hack when looking at the surface but if you scratch the surface you’ll see a brilliant mind at work,”

Well I don’t know who you’re talking about there but I WOULD NEVER brush off Madonna as a talentless hack, nope, I respect what she’s done. I just think if I had to choose between Madonna and Janet, I would choose Janet.

OK I’ll say this, there are things Madonna does very well which Janet cannot do and there are things Janet does that Madonna cannot do, which is what makes these two so great. The fact that two mammoth pop superstars were rivals kept each other on their toes in terms of work and they brought out the best out of each other. Even though I prefer Janet over Madonna does not mean I hate Madonna, I like her, I’m one of the few who bought MDNA and “masterpiece” is my jam, I just think Janet is more talented.

I think we’re not going to agree on this TBH, so we can agree to disagree I guess.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Okay, okay.

ddd Replied:

JANETS PRETTY BEFORE AND AFTER NOSE JOB, JANET IS A BEAST ON STAGE, JANETS CAREER SPANS 40 YEARS AND SHE 8 YEARS YOUNGER THAN MADONNA. JANETS MUSIC IS BETTER JANET SINGS BETTER BECAUSE SHE KNOW HOW TO WORK HER LIMITED RANGE AND SHE HAS MANY HUES AND COLORS TO HER VOICE JANET PLAYS PIANO DONT GET IT TWISTED. JANETS PERFORMANCES RAISED THE BAR. MADONNA WAS GOOD AT A TIME. BUT SHE’S NEVER BEEN ABLE TO ACT. MADONNA IS GREAT A SHOCK. BUT JANET’S SONGS ARE MORE DIVERSE JANETS POP MADGE CANT MESS WITH, MADGE CAN’T DO R AND B AND HIP HOP RECORDS JANET HAS SOUL AND SHE CAN DO ROCK WELL. MADGE CAN ONLY DO POP. NO MATTER HOW SHE TRIES SHE SOUND POP ON A HIP HOP BEAT POP ON AND R AN B BALLAD POP IS ALL SHE GOT JANET GOT DANCE, R AND B POP, ROCK REGGAE ELECTRO POP AND LETS NOT FOR GET JANET GOT A NOTHER LANE WHICH RIVALS R KELLY BABY MAKING SONG OH JANET IS BETTER MADGE IS WHITE THATS WHAT SHE GO OVER JANET. IF MADGE WAS TRULY MORE TALENTED THEN I WOULD TELL YOU BUT JANET GOT TV HITS BOOK HITS MUSIC HITS NUMBER 1 FILMS THE MOST TOP 5 HIT OFF OF ONE ALBUM. DID SUPERBOWL FIRST AT 38 MADGE AT 54. JANET IS ELECTRIFYING ON STAGE.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I really want to reply to your comment but i speak English not your language.

Lovebird Replied:

No need to shout honey. You can still put your point across without shouting.

yup Replied:

Agreed, Janet will always best Madge

• July 6, 2013 at 5:22 pm
    Teflon Boy says:

I guess the only question I have is ‘Why the rush?’

I mean, I really don’t get why that family are in such a mad rush for the kids to be super famous. I could understand if this was a ‘now or never’ scenario but they’re Smith’s for God’s sake so they will always have an audience. I just don’t get knowing all the downsides of what happens when fame comes too soon, why they couldn’t have mandated that those kids have a childhood first before throwing them to the public gallery.

Teflon Boy Replied:

That said, I do like the song and video but C’mon…, this is a Paedo’s Wet-Dream #RedKnickers:/

• July 6, 2013 at 5:27 pm
    Lovebird says:

This video kind of reminds me of Selena Gomez’s “Hit the lights”, love that song.

• July 6, 2013 at 5:31 pm
    yo deal says:

mmhh. beats and melody. and a nice voice here. but… is that mixed or pitched? sounds pretty uber her age. i dunno… you know?

pure sonically it’s really good. :)

• July 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm
    Lovebird says:

As far as the next generation goes,

Ariana Grande > Justin Bieber > Willow Smith > Selena Gomez > Cher Lloyd > Demi Lovato > Coco Jones > Austin Mahone > Jacob Latimore > Zendaya > Miley Cyrus

• July 6, 2013 at 5:47 pm
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

What did I just watch?

Let her get older, get an education, mature her vocals.

Reintroduce her to us when shes 17-19. Until that happens I don’t check for this one bit.

• July 6, 2013 at 5:48 pm
    BTICHPLEASEEEE says:

IS IT JUS TME OR SHE SOUNDING MORE AND MORE JUST LIKE RIHANNA???

RICHIE_RICH Replied:

I said the same thing

• July 6, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I didn’t watch the video, why thatgrapejuice?

• July 6, 2013 at 6:13 pm
    POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] says:

Her Parents are the ones to blame, they are bad parents for letting their kids raising themselves and the results are showing , those kids didn’t enjoy their childhood as normal kids did, and they will still suffer in their adulthood.

but anyway , it is not her fault , Let her be great, she’s enjoying her life, not in the proper healthy way , but we all want to be Loved and she come off as being a lonely person to me, so….

I’m not a big fan of this song or video, but technically, nothing bad in here, the song is Cute and for summer.

let’s pray she won’t pull off a “Solange” …… :roll:

Lovebird Replied:

First of all, I need you to comment more (for obvious reasons lol), secondly, this girl so far is invincible, she can whatever she wants but just the shear fact that Whip my hair happened and she is a Smith, she has a big fat record deal waiting for her once she hits 17.

I just wish she would take the time to be a kid, this fame is toxic for a kid her age.

POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] Replied:

well , she has the Will smith gene , so ofc she’s multi-talented, but being a kid in hollywood can be destructive , i want her to enjoy her childhood , that is something essential for her well-being , even beyonce regretted losing her childhood.

i will try my best to comment more ;) , but you all just need to post interesting comments.

Lovebird Replied:

Even Michael Jackson said he had his childhood stolen from him, which is sad. Maybe that’s why he was kind of socially awkward. But hey, we can only blame their parents for not having more control. I mean Willow and Jaden never have to fill in a job application in their life, their parents are loaded, what was the rush?

Anyway speaking of kids, why isn’t this one more famous? This is like Usher vs Chris Brown lol.

POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] Replied:

WHAT BS are you saying ?

no matter who are your parents , you have to be independent, one day you will lose your parents and their money won’t be here , what you gonna do then ?

I just want her to enjoy every phase of her life to be a balanced human-being.

and yes , her parents are the ones to blame.
    And no one can touch Usher IMO, CB can try, but with those vocals he let loose live …. :roll: #I’mOut

• July 6, 2013 at 6:23 pm
    Truth says:

Loved it actually.

• July 6, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    Brazilian beyonce!!! says:

She’s talented and her music is very catchy but home girl just stop you’re too young. Get education maybe when you’re 17 you can come back

• July 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm
    RICHIE_RICH says:

At the end of the day I hope she is getting an education.

POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] Replied:

just Like beyonce. ;)

• July 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    pat says:

this child irks me

• July 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm
    bravo!! says:

Willow jump in pool with that wig on & it survive…lol I love Willow & Jaden both are very talented. Willow has more talent than Rihanna hands down, fireball video gives Rihanna many seats. Everyone had a summer fling who are 12 & up in age, even if it puppy love but love the song. If anybody remember The Smith family being on Extra or Entertaitment Tonight and Willow had to be no older than 4yrs old, and Will told her to strike a pose for the camera and everytime she struck a pose, she gave you nothing but Trya Bank pose, I knew then she was going to be big, I also feel she can me a model, she gives me a young Nicole Murphy.

• July 6, 2013 at 7:26 pm
    DOSSOME says:

When she finally grows up,she’ll then start behaving like a kid & ultimately becoming a nuisance to everyone (lindsay lohan,macaulay culkin anyone?)…Well,at least Will’s eldest son was sensible enough to live through childhood :(

• July 6, 2013 at 7:35 pm
    My Forehead Tho says:

Though she’s a little on masculine side, and I swear I seen a mustache @ 0:23, I think she has a world of potential. I just wish waited until she was older and enjoyed her youth because she only has one childhood.

• July 6, 2013 at 8:25 pm
    Damo says:

Its a brilliant track

• July 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm
    Gilberto says:

I liked her more when she released “Whip My Hair”. Everthing else after it sounded inappropriate for her. It’s quite hard to relate to what she’s singing when she’s too young and we know that she has never felt these feelings.
    Just look at her and the other people on that video, while everyone looks 20 something, she looks like 10 years old. No matter what she dress, she looks like she’s portraying someone.
    The whole video felt like her older sister brought her to some college summer hipster party or something ’cause she couldn’t leave her little brat alone at home.

• July 7, 2013 at 3:39 am
    Dev says:

I agree, those kids look way too old for her to be hanging out with which makes the visual unrealistic. The song is strange because I really don’t remember her having an English transatlantic accent, she sounds like Rihanna trying to be Ke$ha.
    I’m not going to comment in “that” wig.

• July 7, 2013 at 4:24 am
    Jay says:

For her age, I think the song and the video is appropriate. I mean, who didn’t have summer fling crushes back when we were 13 or 14? She’s her own spirit and she’s showing that she is who she is.

SdotB Replied:

but she’s 12

• July 7, 2013 at 7:50 am
    Jeff says:

WOW!! she sounds like Rihanna

• July 7, 2013 at 8:04 am
    QueenCAllDay says:

why does willow have the same vocal capacity as Rihanna. She’s 12, their voices sound the same lol. Damn shame.

• July 7, 2013 at 8:30 am
    JER says:

Not her looking more and more like a little gay boy. SMH

And that echo has got to go.

• July 7, 2013 at 10:43 am
    Navy Sailor says:

The entire Smith family is just f****** weird.

• July 7, 2013 at 11:35 am
    credits says:

I am by no means a rihanna fan…. but this song here is Diamonds and We found love combined. Is someone telling willow to imitate rihanna, because even the way she is signing sounds similiar.

• July 7, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    Sammi says:

I have a few questions. Why is she speaking in a brittish accent, why is she trying to sound like Rihanna, who told her in hair and makeup that it would be cute to wear that mop on her head, by the way, she manages to run her fingers in back of it and you see all her nappy ass hair under it. Lastly, why is there no children in the video, she is surrounded by adults with the exception of her brother. Absolutely not with this video. Her parents thought she would take off with a music career and 3 years later she is no further ahead than she was before that. I think its time they all decide this isnt gonna happen for her. Had they waited until she was older maybe she would have had better direction. Look at Mark Walberg, he bombed eventually in his music career, boom he becomes an actor and the rest is history.

• July 7, 2013 at 3:56 pm
    NeNe says:

If this is unsettling, Imagine if Will and Jada didn’t allow her to be herself; Then What

• July 7, 2013 at 4:10 pm
    NeNe says:

You say no, a child says yes. You discipline them and then they hide things or become rebellious. Or you say no, they say ok and later do what they want to do behind your back. Or you say no, they say no however become a shell and then later in life become someone they are not, or live to please others with no mind of their own or become judgmental of others etc… Will and Jada have publicly said they want their children to be themselves and express in their own way. This doesn’t mean they are saying, here’s a pass you can f*** who you want. I’m sure they are raising their children with the best interest of them in mind.

• July 7, 2013 at 5:03 pm
    MusicLover says:

The song is alright and the video is not that bad.

• July 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    regis says:

bleh, yall thinking way to much. As if your little young stank in a** never felt love at 12 during camp or summer vacation when peoples nieces and nephews came into town to stay with your neighbors. That was the summer fling she was talking about. Happened every dang on summer with some of yall. Boys was all little girls talked about at 12, wth. Boys around the way, boys in dumb little boy bands…… Lost yalls minds. Stop running around here acting like yall amish. LOL. I didnt hear anything about screwing.