Hot Shots: Solange Shines In ‘The Edit’, Readies New Album For 2014 Release

ac86c168d96b8504ed64e0c57811360b Hot Shots:  Solange Shines In The Edit, Readies New Album For 2014 Release

The masses have been feeling the latest offerings of ‘Feeling You’ songstress Solange.  From her well-received EP ‘True’ (featuring the web hit ‘Losing You’) to guest spots on a number of fellow artists’ mixes, longtime fans of the eccentric singer have patiently awaited news on the follow-up to 2008’s ‘Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams‘.

Well, wait no more.

For, in a recent interview with Billboard magazine, the youngest of the Knowles clan she was hard at work on a new album due next year on her independent label Saint Records.  The interview surfaced just a day after her stunning spread for ‘The Edit’ publication hit the net.  See it all below:

Via Billboard:

Billboard:  You just shared some new details about your next album, which will be released through your own label, Saint Records, distributed through Sony. We had originally heard you might be releasing music through Columbia – what’s the story?

Solange:  I mean, it’s distributing through Sony, bottom line, and I was just incredibly excited to have a space and a house for all my new projects. And I have so many ideas for other projects.

Billboard:  You took a long hiatus between albums before releasing “True.” Do you have a timeframe yet for this next album?

Solange:  I’m actually trying to give myself a deadline this time around. One of the pros of being independent is having that space and that time. But it’s also a major con when you don’t set aside a deadline and keep going.  I’m trying to stay motivated because I know it took four years before my last record came out. [laughs] That is not happening — it’s gonna come out next year.

Read that interview in its entirety here.

Photos courtesy of Edit magazine:

1. August 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm
    Daniel Teflon says:

I’m ready for Solanges new Album I’m a Fan Through & Through for Dc3 & Also SOLANGE!!

• August 3, 2013 at 10:01 am
      xcbcxbery57547 says:

~~ Unbelievable~`Wow~~`My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~BlàckWhìteHub. Ç o m ~~ They told me it is a Serious black white dating for black & white single s seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, and so on….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.zxvxzv

2. August 2, 2013 at 8:33 pm
    tits mcgee says:

Solo looks beautiful in those shots! I can tell she is in a happy space. I can’t wait for the new album!

*blast “Losing You”*

3. August 2, 2013 at 8:40 pm
    Mark111 says:

It’s sad when people think of Kelly as Beyonce’s sisiter more than her actual sister! lol

• August 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm
      Anne says:

Kelly seems to be the only person who thinks of herself as Beyoncé’s sister. Everyone else thinks of her as Beyoncé’s childhood friend/bestie or cousin and as her bandmate.

4. August 2, 2013 at 11:55 pm
    Brazilian Beyonce!!! says:

Tbh Beyonce is prettier than Solange but they both gorgeous… I love the pictures though

5. August 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm
    POP ROYALTY (f*** Yeah Rihanna) says:

Damn, I’m So in love with those Shots, the 3rd one >> .