New Song: Ariana Grande – ‘Right There (ft. Big Sean)’

shares
Ariana+Grande New Song: Ariana Grande   Right There (ft. Big Sean)

All roads lead to September 3rd for Ariana Grande. For, the date sees the petite powerhouse unwrap her hotly anticipated album debut ‘Yours Truly’.

Building on the buzz courted by official singles ‘The Way’ and ‘Baby I’, the 20-year-old placed the LP up for pre-order on iTunes moments ago, and in tandem made album cut ‘Right There’ available as a free download for all that sign up. The cut, which – as  reported – features Big Sean, is also purchasable as a standalone track.

Is it worth a buy, though? Find out after the jump…

Sweet.

While not packing the vocal umph boasted by ‘Baby I’ and ‘The Way’, this sonically embraces the ingredients that make those tracks so infectious. Indeed, between the cut’s sing-along-song hook, piano led production, and radio-friendly sensibility, Ms. Grande continues to cement her sound; one we envisage she will continue to achieve great success with. Solid song.

shares

1. August 6, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    Lovebird (Roar - PRISM - 10.22.13)) says:

OMG I’ve been supporting this girl this whole time but I cannot anymore. This is such a Mariah Carey rip off, all that is left is for Mariah Carey to claim writing credits because this sounds like Mariah signature.

I am so disappointed, I’ve been rooting for her this whole time but I cannot anymore. This is such a rip-off, this is Mariah Carey’s song, most definitely.

• August 9, 2013 at 11:20 am
      Aces says:

Just because you can “hear” mariah singing it doesn’t make it her signature. She’s a new artist and with time she’ ll develop her own style. Just let the girl make her music and wish her the best. No need to criticize

2. August 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

She sounds more like Christina than Mariah imo.

3. August 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm
    Super Cisus says:

Embarrassing that she such a copycat but Mooriah fat ass aint been able to sing since 92

4. August 6, 2013 at 9:22 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

Yo I love this…I’m going to buy this girls album.

f*** that it sounds like Mariah; I find it funny that so many people are pressed about it.

5. August 6, 2013 at 9:25 pm
    Kim Kardashian Stan says:

Hop off Mariahs swagg b****.

6. August 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm
    toohotfortv says:

How in the world can anyone deny this song on any level?

7. August 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm
    LoveIdes says:

“Ms. Grande continues to cement her sound” clearly you haven’t heard of Mariah. How is this b**** cementing her own sound is she is ripping off someone else’s.

• August 6, 2013 at 9:47 pm
      Fierce & all says:

And her music is basic and dated.

• August 6, 2013 at 9:55 pm
        LoveIdes says:

This song is simply “The Way” Part 2. She is so basic.

8. August 6, 2013 at 9:33 pm
    Cici Slaaaays says:

Ariana slays Mariah vocally tho i haven’t been wowd by Mariahs vocals in ages.

• August 6, 2013 at 9:41 pm
      LoveIdes says:

I feel the same way for Ciara. I haven’t paid attention to Ciara since when she was popular…wait was she even popular?

• August 6, 2013 at 9:46 pm
      Fierce & all says:

MC is superior in every way. Her tone is original and doesn’t sound like she’s mimicking other singers. Something Ariana and her team has yet to learn… :)

• August 6, 2013 at 10:22 pm
      theman says:

Lol this foolishness.

9. August 6, 2013 at 9:42 pm
    Rosie says:

I don’t know why she keeps doing these Moo b-sides from 1998. She could slay if she had her own sound. The Way sounded like Moo but it was also somewhat of a unique 90s throwback, Baby I was just a leftover from two decades ago and that’s why it’s plummeting down the iTunes charts.

• August 6, 2013 at 9:44 pm
      LoveIdes says:

Ariana is just one-hit wonder.

10. August 6, 2013 at 9:43 pm
    DeathStar says:

I really enjoyed this song. I can’t wait to see a performance of this.

11. August 6, 2013 at 9:44 pm
    Fierce & all says:

That pic tho….she’s not related to Jessica alba?

12. August 6, 2013 at 9:57 pm
    queenmc says:

im kind of impressed but not really, she had a completely different vision but as soon she was getting more plays in urban areas she changed her whole album with the exception of a couple of songs.

13. August 6, 2013 at 9:59 pm
    JFB says:

She sounds like Christina when she 1st came out. The only similarity to Mariah is the whistle note n more of the urban influence. Notes that Mariah can NO LONGER hit.

• August 7, 2013 at 12:40 am
      stephy the lambily says:

Mariah Carey can hit those notes STILL

• August 7, 2013 at 3:27 am
      Common Sense says:

I must have imagined all the whistles she’s done on #beautiful then. Live every time no less.

14. August 6, 2013 at 10:11 pm
    SME says:

Her pronunciation is AWFUL…. it sounds like a big mumble, but besides that shes good I guess. And what’s with all of these Mariah comparisons? Arianas voice is know where near Mariah’s voice even today, Mariah’s clarity and tone is incomparable to this girl.

• August 7, 2013 at 6:19 am
      just sayin' says:

Her arrangement is similar to Mariah’s. I agree her voice is nothing compared to Mariah’s but the style is all there.
      I been a Mariah fan since 1990, this chick gives Mariah.

15. August 6, 2013 at 10:19 pm
    Mark111 says:

Sounds just like The Way to me. And I don’t hear MC, only in the background, so why are the MC stans mad? Don’t they have 98 remixes of that flop single to buy?

• August 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm
      BUTWHATEVER says:

It’s The Way Part 2. That’s why it sounds so similar.

16. August 6, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    Mark111 says:

And it samples an old Hip Hop song just like The Way as well, Lil Kim’s Crush On You (But that may had been sampled as well for all I know.)

17. August 6, 2013 at 10:26 pm
    DeathStar says:

Okay… Lets get off this girl’s balls for a moment. Yes she does sound like Mariah Carey. To some of us thats a bad thing… But I honestly dont see the problem. Im pretty sure she WAS signed to cause she DOES sound like Mariah… And there are alot of artists out there who take after their inspirations.
    i.e.
    Justin
    Chris
    and
    Britney
    all take after Michael Jackson.

Its just something that happens. She isnt throwing shade, she is making music. So can the haters have a stadium seat please and write down some ideas to be progressive please? Thanks

18. August 6, 2013 at 10:48 pm
    The Evil Eye says:

Stop complaining. At least this 20 year old white girl ain’t making corny ass dance/pop like the rest of her peers. And if this was 2 years ago, that’s exactly what she would be doing. I’m not gonna buy her s***, because she is way too young for my tastes…but I appreciate that she’s not part of the problem. In some small way she’s harkening back to a better music scene, so I’m not gonna slam her. At least she’s copying Mariah instead of Britney.

• August 6, 2013 at 11:12 pm
      Citygal718 says:

ITA!!! She’s a little too young for my music collection but I’m glad Ariana is on the R&B throwback train rather than doing some talky, burpy auto-tuned “white girl wasted” kick ala Kesha/Dr. Luke, or some silly dance aerobics Carly Rae Jepsen “Call Me Maybe” tripe. Yes she’s blatantly copying Mariah’s late 90s style (as opposed to Christina and Jessica who came out biting her early 90s shtick), but in a world of Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Taylor, One Direction and Bieber, are we REALLY gonna be mad at her for that???? It could be worse!

• August 6, 2013 at 11:21 pm
      Vandrea says:

Much as I wanna side eye her for being a swagger jacker, you make a point.

• August 7, 2013 at 12:11 am
      Absolved says:

Agreed. I don’t necessary like Ariana herself, but I am appreciative of the direction they’re trying to take her in. She’s not trying to be a poppy Disney girl like Demi or Selena and she’s not trying to be like Miley Cyrus copying Rihanna with water down “twerk” pop by Mike Will Made It. She’s working with Babyface and Keyshia Cole’s producers for Christ-sake. That alone gives her cool points for being different.

19. August 6, 2013 at 11:05 pm
    JER says:

Try hard b****. She sounds like everything that was happening in 2002. Funny because Mariah wasn’t poppin in the early 2000’s. This is 2013, you can’t just come out with no personality, no originality, and swaggerjack at least 4 pop divas of yesteryear and not get clocked for filth. Everything about this b**** is beyond basic 2002 Christina Milian Jennifer Lopez, Jojo Ashanti ass b*******. BYEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

• August 6, 2013 at 11:55 pm
      Yours Truly says:

Lmao I can imagine how upset you were as your fingers pounded away at the keyboard posting this comment. Ari has you soooo pressed lmao. I love it!

20. August 6, 2013 at 11:54 pm
    b****** are a mess says:

UGh b**** go away!!! Can’t stand this d*** ryding b****!

• August 6, 2013 at 11:56 pm
      Yours Truly says:

Stay mad b**** xoxoxo

• August 6, 2013 at 11:58 pm
        b****** are a mess says:

Yeah just like your fav STAY trying to imitating the great one…# Stay pressed!

• August 7, 2013 at 12:07 am
        Yours Truly says:

I’m not the one who is mad though. Continue to pound away at that keyboard in fury though.

• August 7, 2013 at 12:09 am
        b****** are a mess says:

Yeah ok…Thanks

21. August 6, 2013 at 11:57 pm
    jokers says:

I find it so amusing how many of you who are slamming Ariana because she emulates so much of Mariah are the same ones who stan for those gimmicks who rip off other artists themselves. Originality no longer exists. Get over it!

22. August 7, 2013 at 12:00 am
    b****** are a mess says:

This h** is trash…Like trash hoarders pass on. Basic ass little tramp!

• August 7, 2013 at 3:12 am
      ree says:

you have rihanna in your avi, but calling this girl basic and tramp?smh

23. August 7, 2013 at 12:01 am
    Yours Truly says:

Loving this song!! This album is going to slay!! I can see this song being big on radio, especially with Big Sean on it. I can’t take you haters’ opinions seriously though. Why is it that when new artist come out everyone wants to compare? First she’s Mariah, then Jennifer Lopez, then Ashanti, now Christina Aguilera. None of those artist are alike each other. Ariana has loads of talent and loads of fans. She’s here to stay. TGJ recognizes this and they support her. Haters will have to learn to deal with it or forever be unhappy :)

24. August 7, 2013 at 12:04 am
    b****** are a mess says:

Speech impediment like a m***********…Mic probably smells like s*** after she’s done..Yikes!

• August 7, 2013 at 12:10 am
      Yours Truly says:

Makes no sense at all. Worry about Rihanna and her mess of performances.

• August 7, 2013 at 12:14 am
        b****** are a mess says:

Yet you comment on everything i post…Oh my the pressed ones though

25. August 7, 2013 at 12:28 am
    DeezNuts says:

*side eyes Mariah in pure Terror while listening to Ariana*

This girl is coming for Mariah’s Wig in broad Daylight!
    Monroe is in her crib pissed the f*** off right NOW!

Ariana is out here SANGING!!!!!

• August 7, 2013 at 12:46 am
      stephy the lambily says:

Ummm… Don’t you have to have SOUL to be a SANGER!!! Ariana sounds like she needs to blow her nose

• August 7, 2013 at 8:37 am
        Savannah says:

The irony because back in the day, a lot of people used to say that Mariah had no soul in her singing. And they still do. Let this girl be great.

26. August 7, 2013 at 12:28 am
    B. Hill says:

Some people just like to complain.

So she sounds like Mariah, so what?

What she DOESN’T sound like is every other pop girl on the radio right now.

I can actually listen to her songs w/o changing the station after less than a minute!

• August 7, 2013 at 12:49 am
      stephy the lambily says:

SHE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE MARIAH CAREY…. SHE JUST STEALS MARIAH CAREYS VOCAL STYLE

27. August 7, 2013 at 12:43 am
    tittyshaker69 says:

Crush on you!

28. August 7, 2013 at 1:47 am
    divalover says:

production is a carbon copy of The Way.. common Harmony, you can do better than that!

29. August 7, 2013 at 2:59 am
    Marsizzle says:

So catchy it literally hurts. Can someone hand Mariah one of these songs??? This is way better than Baby I!!!I feel bad cuz she is the first person in forever to really come for Mariah’s wig so successfully. I mean this is MURDA. That Crush On YOU sample??? Brilliant. Winning!!!

30. August 7, 2013 at 3:32 am
    Common Sense says:

This song sounds EXACTLY the same as The Way. This girl seriously has zero originality. Basic basic basic.

31. August 7, 2013 at 4:28 am
    RoyalKev says:

This girl knows how to deliver. Let her live! She’s a young woman that’s new to the game and it’s kind of sad to see people tearing her apart all the time. I support her because she’s talented, she has a great voice and the material is there! She obviously has a bright future.

32. August 7, 2013 at 4:58 am
    Everyone's A Critic says:

Cementing her sound! She’s AMAZING, I hope and pray she rises to the top because her pop is that good pop, you can vibe and feel nice listening to it. No depression, no s**, no alcohol or other taboo lifestyles. She’s truly a little miss with a whole lot of talent

33. August 7, 2013 at 6:26 am
    just sayin' says:

This is so MC. She needs her own sound. Also, people say they hear Xtina not Mariah?….I find that funny because I remember Christina debut and she also screamed Mariah Carey as her idol from her mouth. So…..again Mariah influences another female.

34. August 7, 2013 at 8:38 am
    Savannah says:

I wish people would let this girl be great. She has time to grow and find THAT SOUND. I like the song. I don’t think I’d purchase her album, but the song is cute!

35. August 7, 2013 at 8:45 am
    Rihboy says:

I love her.. i just wish she had diverse material…..all her songs almost sound the same…she can sing but then again so could jojo and tiffany evans……and i see her falling into that trap and routine….

36. August 7, 2013 at 9:30 am
    BCinKS says:

Yes, if it was 1996, this would be a Mariah track. That said, who cares. Maybe this will make Mariah step her game up. People have been wanting Mariah to do this style again for YEARS. She ignored her fans so somebody else stepped in and I’m okay with that.

Now, she doesn’t have Mariah’s vocals at ALL (she can sing though), but you can hear how she is inspired by them.

37. August 8, 2013 at 4:06 am
    T. says:

nice song but why does she got those apes on it

38. August 18, 2013 at 9:13 pm
    MNIU says:

She’s actually really good. Maybe she does have Mariah’s style, but let’s be thankful it’s Mariah. What, would you rather have her songs like Rihanna’s? Come on, her song lyrics may not be that amazing, but her style – similar to Mariah’s – is definitely not trash. Besides, she doesn’t autotune her voice (not like pop musicians do today). She sings her songs live and sounds as great as the studio versions. Give the girl a break, she deserves some credit for that at least.

39. August 21, 2013 at 4:13 pm