Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

A$AP Rocky Speaks Out On ‘Homosexual’ VMA Controversy / Apologizes To Jason Collins

asap rocky that grape juice A$AP Rocky Speaks Out On Homosexual VMA Controversy / Apologizes To Jason Collins

‘Fashion Killa’ MC A$AP Rocky left many an eyebrow raised two weeks ago, when he appeared on the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards 2013 to fulfil presenting duties alongside openly gay basketball player Jason Collins.

Why eyebrows were raised? Well, when Collins took the opportunity to call for equality for the LGBTQ community, the usually cool, calm and collected Rapper suddenly appeared to become very uncomfortable, seemingly ‘side eyeing’ the athlete.

Now, in an interview with ‘The Stashed‘, Rocky has explained that things were not as they seemed, apologising to Collins for any offence he may have caused.

His words below…

I’m mad that my facial expressions was like that because I’m not homophobic at all, and that whole thing just came off real homophobic. I didn’t really notice it until I got home and saw it. I apologize to Jason for that, because people was laughing and s–t, and you know… I really don’t think that’s funny. I saw they were making all the memes and pictures and making fun of him. There’s people out there that think I was doing that to be funny, and truthfully I got gay people in my family. I don’t give a f–k if you gay or you not, I just found it odd that MTV wanted to stand me next to this n—a when they are talking about gay people, that’s all. You know what I’m saying?”

Peep the footage and weigh in below!

Source.

• September 11, 2013 at 3:13 am
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Huh?!? Oh, Asap we know damn well you was getting your d*** su… Oh never mind *GOES BACK TO SLEEP* UGHH IM TOO BOOKED!!!!

• September 11, 2013 at 4:01 am
    VINTAGEKID says:

• September 11, 2013 at 4:28 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

But he looks like a dwarf bottom queen.

MarianeWeberStan Replied:

doe je naam is eer aan :D :D hahahahahahahahahaha

• September 11, 2013 at 5:26 am
    Nobomvu says:

Oh come on. He has to apologise for “side-eying” him, this is a bit too much p****-assedness from whoever complained. The community needs to stop being so over sensitive.

• September 11, 2013 at 6:28 am
    BITCHPLEASEEEEE says:

CATCH THE SHADE…………..AGAIN! THIS QUEEN BETTER SHUT IT UP FOR REAL. SMFH

• September 11, 2013 at 7:56 am
    TeamBreezy says:

I am neither Black or Gay … but I cannot see how being
    Gay is the same as being Black in anyway possible.

jay Replied:

I think the similarity is in that people are black through no choice of there own, people are gay through no choice of there own. So you shouldn’t be hated on for who you are.

Besides I think racists|homophobes have the same issues inside their tiny brains.

TeamBreezy Replied:

I hear where u are coming from … but it sure seem hard to hide being black during times of slavery and lynchings … I do no think gays have endured that type of discrimination. I am for equality :)

Jeff Replied:

ASAP is aSiSi Replied:

“I do no think gays have endured that type of discrimination.”

i’m sorry, do you see the stories in the news regarding gay bashings, killings and just ignore them? Have you done ANY reading on what happened at Stonewall? Maybe you should start here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_social_movements) and rethink your position. Better yet, how about you go to Jamaica or any African nation; stand in the middle of the busiest city street you can find and yell out loud “i’m gay”. Report back to me (if you survive) what your findings from that experiment are…. don’t be ignorant

• September 11, 2013 at 8:36 am
    MISHKA says:

This was SO not necessary.

Miley owned the night, remember? This was really not needed, Asap.

Why Chanel Iman doesn’t smile anymore, that’s what we want to know.

• September 11, 2013 at 9:15 am
    eric says:

Miley gave a highly explicit performance for a TV-14 rated program and people want an apology because somebody looked at another person the wrong way??! We’ve got it all backwards in this country.

• September 11, 2013 at 9:48 am
    POP ROYALTY (f*** Yeah Rihanna) says:

He Has to “Apologize” Because He was “Side-Eyeing” ?!

Seriously ?

I thought he Was Gay Himself, Because Straight Guys Don’t Wear Skirts or Provide Make-up Tips Online.

I Used to Be homophobic, But I really Don’t care If you are gay or not Now, Your Sex Life Don’t interest me.

• September 11, 2013 at 10:07 am
    Tuu says:

Shady bottom he shouldn’t have done it now 3 weeks later ur sorry yea u sorry its 2013 gay is here and here to stay get over it y ppl worry about another man taking d*** becuz they gay that’s y!!!!

• September 11, 2013 at 10:13 am
    ASAP is aSiSi says:

keep your half assed apologize ASAP! It wasn’t just those facial expressions that made you come off as homophobic; it was the fact that you didn’t chose to contribute ANYTHING to the positive message that Jason was relaying to the public. NOT 1 THING! Oh wait; yea, you told the gay public that he was speaking to; to go buy your b******* album. NOPE- ima download that s*** for free now just because i feel like making your dress pockets a little lighter! How about we talk about how much of a huge FLAMER you look. Guess what boo, you dress better than most butch & fem queens in the ballroom scene; you mad about that? How about that perm you rock? Your hair is laid more than any guy on a4a boo. Sorry not sorry, come out of the closet and help our youth realize nothing is wrong with them. homophobic f**

• September 11, 2013 at 10:50 am
    POP ROYALTY (f*** Yeah Rihanna) says:

But his “n**** are you serious now?!” side-eyes were funny as hell i gotta admit.

OMG.

he gave The “i don’t even wanna be here” famous look when the tall guy started talking, this video is hilarious!!!

Don’t take it serious guys, why you do even care if someone don’t like you for being gay,black, whatever ? just move on already, the negativity will die if you didn’t give it attention eventually, I was called a terrorist a trillion times because of me being an arabic man, just don’t pay attention to that cheap s***.

ASAP is aSiSi Replied:

Really? So if all of us gays just stopped fighting for our rights; everyone will just automatically love us right? Tell me something, do you still sweat bullets when going through TSA at the airport? STFU with your nonsense. How about you build a time machine and go back in time to the segregated south- tell all the blacks you find the same thing you wrote here. “relex black folks, they’ll stop treating you all like slaves as soon as you stop crying about the treatment”. Man, f*** YOU! you mad? blow me up osama

• September 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    BobbyJay says:

Omg gay ppl are just stupid. Im hay myself but why are you dummies letting out your frustration out on a blog. This man dont even know you exist. If he dont likr gays thats him this is a free country. I cant syand 99%of gsys amd likd i said im gau myself but all my friends are straight.

• September 11, 2013 at 1:21 pm
    Kdogg says:

I wish his ass was gay! I would tear ASAP ROCKY ass up in half!!!!! LMAO

• September 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

Why would he care who MTV puts on stage with him. Youre not gay, then why would u care. Keep it moving hell.

• September 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm
    BeyHive says:

YES GAWD ASAPisa SiSi
    Go in and let have honey!!!

• September 11, 2013 at 8:09 pm
    credits says:

so he apologized and said he is not homophobic but then at the end of the interview he says he found it odd that mtv put him up there with him?? how is that not homophobic?