Michelle Williams Hits Up ‘HuffPost Live’ / Talks Keyshia Cole, Miley Cyrus, & More

Michelle Williams Promo 1 Michelle Williams Hits Up HuffPost Live / Talks Keyshia Cole, Miley Cyrus, & More

Michelle Williams has her eyes on a hit with her latest single ‘If We Had Your Eyes’.

As fans continue to praise the tune’s accompanying music video (which premiered earlier this week), the singer preps those well trained heels for an extensive promo campaign in support of the song and its parent album ‘Journey To Freedom’.

But before you can get your hands on ‘Journey’, tuck in below to see Michelle’s sitdown with our bud Marc Lamont Hill over at HuffPost Live.  There the ‘We Break the Dawn’ songstress broke news on her new single, shared her thoughts on Miley Cyrus‘ MTV twerk-tastrophe, and so much more.

Catch all the highlights after the jump:

Michelle Williams on HuffPost Live (highlights):

7: 40 – On her new reality show

11:15 – On Miley Cyrus’s Tinman-inspired twerking

13:00 – On dating and her love life

17:15 – On Keyshia Cole

18:50 – On her body image

19:24 – On favorite Destiny Child memories

22:30 – On relationship with Letoya Luckett

23:40 – On being the constant brunt of jokes

*****

12c61acb53d0797bddf911ecebff881a Michelle Williams Hits Up HuffPost Live / Talks Keyshia Cole, Miley Cyrus, & More

The HuffPost Live sessions comes just a day after Williams addressed the “Keyshia Cole” situation with a Philly radio station stating:

“I can’t wait to see [Keyshia Cole] in person so we can talk and say ‘Hey, what happened?’ I will say this, I was a major fan of hers. That’s my first time even saying that. I understood her story and was rooting for her.

My little sister was born with crack cocaine in her system, so when I see someone like Keyshia Cole, who is defying the odds, doing her thing and taking care of her family…. She was somebody I was rooting for, because I could understand where she was coming.

It’s all good, people make mistakes, I don’t hold that against nobody, I wish everybody the best. I want everybody to win!”

• September 6, 2013 at 10:27 pm
    IKNOWTHETRUTH says:

Keyshia needs to grow up and stop being so ghetto and immature. She said it was from a fake account. If only she’d focus this much on promoting her music instead of on all the twitter beef.

Charlie Replied:

But look how much Keyisha is selling, so yes, promoting her music may escalate her into better sales but to be honest she isn’t doing too badly at the moment

IKNOWTHETRUTH Replied:

Her album has been out almost a year, only one single on the lower half of the Hot 100, and she’s yet to go gold, which would make her second album to be uncertified. Someone needs to come in and do damage control. Her personality has always sucked and it’s catching up with her. A flop album and a cancelled reality show. She’s too pretty and fairly talented. Her career should be leaps and bounds above where it is right now. 2007 was her year, and it could have only gone up from there. She needs to get back there and step her personality up.

xcbxcb558 Replied:

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~MixedLuv.Çom~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.With the background verification system, you can easily find someone real, serious, quality. Have a try.cxbxb

• September 6, 2013 at 10:44 pm
    MUSIC says:

I commend Michelle for constantly handling this situation graciously with class. It’s so damn sad how ghetto, and immature Keyshia Cole is that she would rather jeopardize her career in the name of “keeping it real” than to actually finding success and respect by shutting her covered up gap toothed ass mouth and being a women more times than she does.

Even after Michelle openly extends a Olive Branch to Keyshia, she still dont know how to effectively communicate her feelings and thoughts without sounding and looking foolish. She needs to grow up. You would figure motherhood would’ve settled Keyshia down a bit and matured her. WRONG.

No matter how talented you are, your reputation always precedes you and Keyshia just keep pissing in everybody’s mouth. Not a good look ma.

• September 6, 2013 at 10:55 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

I hate when artists I actually like diss other artists I like too. It makes it so much harder to be able to listen and enjoy their music.

KING KIM Replied:

SHUT UP, SCREAMTINA DRAGULERA IS A MAN AND CAN’T SING SHE AINT CLASSY!!

• September 6, 2013 at 10:56 pm
    #respect that says:

Michelle is a GROWN WOMAN!!!

Great response

• September 6, 2013 at 11:15 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (KMART QUEEN) says:

She’s so beautiful. I WILL be coping that album when it drops!

NO Replied:

I agree

KING KIM Replied:

SUPPORT KIM (SOMEONE RELEVANT). GO GET UR COPY OF LOOKS LIKE MONEY!

• September 6, 2013 at 11:25 pm
    Love and war says:

Michelle stfu! sell an album b****! #TeamKeyshia

NO Replied:

Ariana Grande >>Muppet( Plus vince bought half those albums)

Love and war Replied:

b**** get off my d***.

NO Replied:

How can I get off if there is nothing to sit on? Carry on muppet stan.

Love and war Replied:

f*** off trick im above you , now your dismissed.

NO Replied:

Awww the Muppet stan is pressed. You should dismiss the Muppet you stan for.

Charlie Replied:

Lets not act cute Michelle, lets not! I heard you throwing shade to Keyshia when the comments were first made and cackling to the comments made via twitter on radio shows

• September 7, 2013 at 12:06 am
    Harpo Who Dis b****? says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNN……..n****

• September 7, 2013 at 12:13 am
    Molly says:

She’s a non factor Keyshia told the truth… f*** you sensitive hoes!

• September 7, 2013 at 12:24 am
    MichelleMyBelle says:

Michelle is such a pure soul!
    and i love that she doesn’t take herself too seriously

i see u tenitra

• September 7, 2013 at 6:06 am
    BITCHPLEASEEEEE says:

SAM YOU FORGOT TO INCLUDE KEYSHIA’S RESPONSE TO THIS THOUGH. ITS ACTUALLY HELLA SHADE!LOL

• September 7, 2013 at 7:17 am
    DIGGER BEY says:

Fawk Hoodrat Coles and ALL her Ghetto hoodrat stans. If I was Michelle I would of act like “Keyshia Who?”. That’s why her career will never b the same, because of that F*ked up attitude of hers and her shading THE QUEEN. b**** u will struggle n the game forever. And I’m going to Enjoy every moment bwahaahahahhahahahahhaahahhaahhahaahahahahhahahahahha. The dumb Ghetto Bottom of The Hood h** shaded THE QUEEN and turned around and attented her concert. Lmfaoooooo THE STRUGGLE! Michelle u are to good to have this empty bird name coming out your mouth. Let them hoes stay n the gutter.

• September 7, 2013 at 7:37 am
    DIGGER BEY says:

And I must say how classy and beautiful Michelle looks n that Pic! She looks so nice and easy to talk to u. Hoodrat on the otherhand; looks like a fake ass ” I wanna be down b****”. Everybody know her ass was just faking on being cool with people. Her ass was pressed cause she wanted a career like MJB but that s*** fizzled quickly lmao. #PRESSED MISERABLE h**

• September 7, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    eric says:

I think artists have just as much right to an opinion as the fans, though it should be delivered more professionally if it’s supposed to be brought to the public. Blurting random feelings on Twitter is not the way.

• September 7, 2013 at 4:45 pm
    SongWriter says:

Great Interview Michelle

• September 7, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    Navy Nick says:

Michelle is really a beautiful soul, LOVEHER!

• September 7, 2013 at 10:15 pm
    Classy over trashy says:

Smh… Bringing someone’s name into a comment that has nothing to do with her only proves that he or she made a point. If your going to respond to someone’s comment , stay on the topic without bringing someone else’s name … There’s two kinds of people that answer like that, people who known the person made a point , or immature people who can’t handle the truth

• September 8, 2013 at 3:24 am
    Pon_De says:

You slow kids didn’t catch that thick READ?? Michelle basically said “I’m rooting for that crack baby who wasn’t expected to do much in her life and next time I see her I have a reality check for that ass.”
    Only grown folks can sign for that shade package wrapped up in a bow.

[...] up promotion for her forthcoming 4th album ‘Journey To Freedom’, recently called for a “woman-to-woman” chat with Cole to discuss the reasons behind the initial attack.  While her initial response to the [...]