New Song: Katy Perry – ‘Dark Horse (Ft Juicy J)’

shares

If the response given to the song waiting for you below is anything to go by, Katy Perry’s ‘Prism‘ may just become her most well loved album to date.

We’re talking about ‘Black Horse‘, the brand new jam released by Perry from the LP featuring ‘Bandz‘ Rapper Juicy J.

Check it out below!

A little reminiscent of ‘E.T’, ‘Horse’ sees Katy Perry serve up ‘Traditional Katy’ while flirting with a sound that’s undeniably Urban.

Impressive, as she does so without pulling anything away from her winning formula ( see Adult Nursery Rhymes for Dummies) but delivers a cut that will give her a clear cut point of difference on radio and on the charts- teaching the likes of Miley Cyrus just how genre hopping should be done.

shares

1. September 17, 2013 at 1:43 am
    Tea Drinker says:

Katy Perry wins again.

She cannot lose. I see no wrongs. I see the f*** being highly upset. I see her sitting on her throne drinking Cranberry juice.

• September 17, 2013 at 4:21 am
      Patrick says:

You do know she would cringe at you using the word f** as one of her fans, right? I thought only small town rednecks and assholes still said f**?

• September 17, 2013 at 5:13 am
        Seriously says:

Are you serious? “f*** being highly upset” You’re probably a little 14 year old repressed being a hood rat behind her computer. You probably don’t even realise how stupid and sad your comments sounds. I don’t even want to know what your life evolve around.
        Read a book, you could be surprised.

2. September 17, 2013 at 1:45 am
    FODC says:

More generic trash from Ms. Perry. Is it pretty good? Yea, I can bop but this as generic Dr Luke as it get’s. Stupid b****.

3. September 17, 2013 at 1:56 am
    ThisGurlMadd says:

I LOVE THIS SONG. ROAR WAS GENERIC AS f*** BUT THIS TRACK IS SO AMAZING! HATERS WILL HATE WHILE THE KILLER QUEEN IS RISING TO THE TOP! #YASSSSSSSS #GAWDDDYASSSSS #GOKATY #DARKHORSERULES

4. September 17, 2013 at 2:03 am
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

NICE & GHETTO

5. September 17, 2013 at 2:04 am
    Sean says:

Terrible rap. Just awful. Painful. Wish she would have sung a more traditional bridge.

Otherwise, a great song. Not sure if this is what will continue the momentum for the album, though. I’m a little worried we’re going to have a Kesha second single situation on our hands, and we all know that she hasn’t recovered since C’mon tanked.

Best of luck to Katy! I am a fan, albeit an underwhelmed one right now.

• September 17, 2013 at 2:08 am
      Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Sean, I never seen you here before…

• September 17, 2013 at 3:02 am
        POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] says:

He sounds “Familiar”.

Je sAis qui il est ApRès tout cette absEnce Damnés. :roll:

• September 17, 2013 at 2:52 am
      JJFan1814 says:

This isn’t the 2nd single though, sis….lol.

• September 17, 2013 at 5:24 am
        The Boy Toy says:

I thought the Katy Cats voted for this to be the second single

• September 17, 2013 at 7:32 am
      CIARAstan (SLAY MY LIPS COMING SOON) says:

I’m sorry I disagree, her pre sales alone are gonna kill Ke$has first week sales, and warrior as of now has sold only around 150,000 Katy is going t atleast do double that I’m not a Stan I’m just saying she will be okay, plus dark horse is already on iTunes doing well out here in America.

• September 17, 2013 at 8:35 am
      channel_ROMAN says:

This is a promo single tho..

6. September 17, 2013 at 2:13 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Better than the laughable first single-video. Still basic, just what she is. But good for her audience I guess. We can expect anything now that teh crappiest songs ever are topping the charts. Plus remember how horrible that other option of a single she offered a month ago was. The album looks like crap.

• September 17, 2013 at 3:05 am
      POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] says:

“Applause” was Such a Laughable Crap and yet you Liked it, Why you have problem With Basic crap people Like ? They Just don’t like the Crap you Love.

• September 17, 2013 at 3:13 am
        miao says:

You have some real issues with Gaga. Love-hate relationship! That’s dangerous.

• September 17, 2013 at 5:20 am
        37kara says:

@MIAO b**** please! You have problem with Katy and Rihanna too. You call them basic and generic as if Gaga is better than them. Miss me with that Katy makes music for kids. Like, name me an adult person who listens to Gaga’s generic and shallow dance music? Her fans are f*** between 15-25. Double standards, double standards….

• September 17, 2013 at 6:38 am
        miao says:

@37kara: Why r u so angry, honey?! Calm, down! It’s not like Katy pays your bills. Damn. I never shaded Rihanna. BTW, Lord Gaga and RiRi did song together for Gaga’s ARTPOP. Calm down. I know what helps in situations like this. Cartoons. Yeah. Go watch cartoons. I know a good one. ”Roar” video is a good one. Maybe it will make you uncomfortable watching 30 year old woman acting like a 11 yo kid, but still.. That empowering message is so mature. So.. best wishes!

• September 17, 2013 at 7:55 am
        JOHNVIDAL says:

Oh really? @pop please are u going to tell me Katy´s video and music and voice and everything is better than Applause video, Gaga´s voice, dancing and etc?

• September 17, 2013 at 5:16 am
      37kara says:

Gaga stans are so delusional that it hurts. b**** stfu! Gaga’s music is generic, basic dance crap with shallow and retarded lyrics for suciidal f***. The irony is that you have nerve to come for other people here and call them STUPID KIDS but you stan for Gaga’s music which is nothing better than Katy’s. What’s deep about Poker Face, Just Dance, Bad Romance, Applause? What is artistic there? The same bunch of dance garbage without any message. And miss me with that talent card, who gives a s*** if Gaga is more talented than Katy when she doesn’t show it with her music. Gaga is as basic is Katy if not more.

• September 17, 2013 at 5:30 am
        The Boy Toy says:

Lmao MissVidal is always shading Katy and called her basic or generic….YET he stans for the most generic gimmick out there lmao. Such a biased queen.

• September 17, 2013 at 5:31 am
        The Boy Toy says:

*calling

• September 17, 2013 at 5:36 am
        37kara says:

Yup, I know, double standards. The funny thing is that he calls other artists’ music dated but he stans for Mariah (I like her btw) whose discography is one of the most dated in music industry. Also, he calls Rihanna generic but Rated R is more deep and mature than anything Gaga has released/will release in her entire life. Funny thing that Bad Romance, Applause, s** Dreams sound great to him and innovative, but We Found Love is generic. He is the biggest joke on this site if you ask me. Such a biased queen, I do agree ;)

• September 17, 2013 at 8:03 am
        JOHNVIDAL says:

I´m not a stan as I always say. I only stan for true greatness. Obvious thing is Gaga has way more talent than Katy Perry, even if some of her songs are generic (most of her songs aren´t, that´s why most kids couldn´t get into the whole Born This Way album). Poker Face… hmm yeah I didn´t care about her at the time and even thought she was one more of those who couldn´t sing at all. She proved me wrong from Paparazzi and on, especially with her live performances and videos. Something her peers could never do. Any questions? I mean it´s f****** obvious.

7. September 17, 2013 at 2:22 am
    jake.ubb says:

Not bad, not great… we’ll see if it does well or if it will be deemed a “buzz” single that simply the fans voted for… Either way it’s different than most music out today, and it is not a dance song so I’m pleased.

follow me on twitter: jmurdoc2 for a followback!

8. September 17, 2013 at 2:28 am
    SCHEISSETHRONED(GrapeJuiceKING) says:

Im not gonna lie I LOVE THIS SONG

Finally KATY! FINALLY! You took a f****** risk and it PAID OFF!!!!

LOVEEEEEEEEE 5/5

*Walks Back In Castle*

9. September 17, 2013 at 2:28 am
    Apologetic says:

Nothing special. Nothing new. Nothing groundbreaking.
    The rap is awful and unnecessary.
    I am dissapointed by the new songs by these big names lately.

I don’t understand why they talked about a more mature, grown-up ‘Ray-of-Light’ish Katy Perry months ago. These songs are generic, one-out-of-a-dozen tracks, and nowhere from the quality of the amazing Teenage Dream era.

#Next

10. September 17, 2013 at 2:47 am
    JER says:

i like it

• September 17, 2013 at 6:57 am
      Biting Truth says:

Of course you do, you’re a f**.

11. September 17, 2013 at 2:53 am
    POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] says:

Loved It.
    10/10

Katy just Won’t Rest and Behave! :lol:

Pour It Up, Pour It Up!!!!

So deserving of being a #1 and better than “Roar”.

12. September 17, 2013 at 2:53 am
    BlackBunny says:

She doesn’t have enough swag for this!!!!

13. September 17, 2013 at 2:53 am
    POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] says:

and This Pic is Breath-taking, I’m mesmerized By her beauty In It.

14. September 17, 2013 at 2:54 am
    JJFan1814 says:

Pretty damn good! I think Katy will consistently serve up the tunes this era for the next year at least, like she did with One of the Boys & Teenage Dream, although Teenage Dream spanned for about 2 years seem like.

Excited to see how the 2nd single sounds sine this is just a track chosen by fans off the album!

15. September 17, 2013 at 3:12 am
    smile says:

them eyes. o_O :D

16. September 17, 2013 at 5:09 am
    Rihboy says:

I love this!!!! Way better tham Roar! I love the dark and magestic vibe it gives!!! Lyrical content still a little pg 13…moreover better tham afflaws, meow, or boring ball……oh and flop b**** ;)

17. September 17, 2013 at 5:17 am
    37kara says:

It’s cute, I like it.

• September 17, 2013 at 6:42 am
      miao says:

It will sell for sure. My 7 y.o. niece is crazy for this one.

18. September 17, 2013 at 5:25 am
    The Boy Toy says:

It’s cool….kinda falls flat. The snippet was better, but I prefer this to “Roar” .

19. September 17, 2013 at 5:34 am
    Rihboy says:

I dont see why Gaga is being mentioned here…no one is checking for that coked up suicidal witch….artpop will be the worst flop ever…..thats why she is enlisting help from the real music sellers…..lately she has been looking a trashy mess ontelevision, her song appplause came and left like a ghost in the night, and now the witch is trying to convince us that she is the vessel of art in pop…..as though anything she does is jaw dropping or that damn fantastic….No. she probably got little emos everywhere slitting wrist and jumping cliffs……you stans can have her and her suicide watch music….

• September 17, 2013 at 6:50 am
      miao says:

If Gaga is such a ”flop”, why it makes you so pressed?! Oh, wait.. Can’t wait to see your comments when Rihanna starts bragging about her collaboration with Lady Gaga. Just watch!

20. September 17, 2013 at 5:39 am
    Boss says:

This shiznie kinda bumpn nd im nt even into her type of music.

21. September 17, 2013 at 5:41 am
    Prism says:

Prism will have much better music than ArtFlop

• September 17, 2013 at 7:00 am
      Adam Monster says:

…and ARTPOP will still sell more. Bookmark it.

• September 17, 2013 at 8:06 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

s** Dreams alone is better than the 3 songs we know from Katy´s album. So it doesn´t look like it…

22. September 17, 2013 at 5:57 am
    soundwiser says:

sounds okay. that weird voice tho. i thought… now it goes dubstep. “modestep” had that on a track. ohh. :D

23. September 17, 2013 at 7:09 am
    Absolved says:

It’s probably the only song she’s come out with that I find tolerable but I just don’t like her voice. She has no melisma and her singing isn’t lyrical at all. All she does is yell without any kind of vibrato. How can anybody stand to listen to her?

• September 17, 2013 at 8:11 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

There´s no answer to that. A mistery.

• September 17, 2013 at 11:24 pm
        It's Slayney b****! says:

*Mystery

24. September 17, 2013 at 7:22 am
    CIARAstan (SLAY MY LIPS COMING SOON) says:

TGJ Do not come for Miley, this song is nice but #23 shits on this, second Miley been working with juicy j for over a year, Katy the whitest girl ever is becoming the new Beyonce. First she stole Brave now she on Miley’ Hip hop c***.

25. September 17, 2013 at 7:24 am
    Overdose says:

Better i guess

26. September 17, 2013 at 7:55 am
    Savannah says:

Has Katy been taking notes from her bestie Rihanna? The urban sound…the grills. Lol the song is cool though. Nothing groundbreaking, but I know it’ll be a hit

27. September 17, 2013 at 7:58 am
    Bey Fan says:

i like it…

28. September 17, 2013 at 8:07 am
    Stop the drama Start the music says:

Sounds like Lana del Rey gone ghetto but its okay.

29. September 17, 2013 at 8:10 am
    Lovebird (Prism - 10.22.13) says:

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjjjhjhhj

Fishdbfiahjdjshdjbfdhjdjdjdbdjdbhdhehe

Yaaaaaaaasdsdsssdssdsss

Ssssllllaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeddddddd

Crying crying crying

She did that

Are you ready for ready for

Yyyyaaaaassssssssss

Omg IMG on gok gomg omg

Djdhgfjjdhfhdhjsjbdjdhfh

Again again again

Slayed .

30. September 17, 2013 at 8:12 am
    FAF says:

This beat sounds familiar. It’s nice I can’t put my finger on it…. But I dont understand what this revolution is where white girls are trying to get these southern rappers on their music – “Jewels & Drugs” ft Ti, 2 $hort & Twista? “23” ft Miley Cyrus & theres more on her album w/ Waka, etc. Like girral….

31. September 17, 2013 at 8:27 am
    RIHVEMBER IS COMING SOON TO DESTROY ALL YOUR f***** ASS FAVES SO JUST DEAL AND BE PRESSED. says:

Better than Roar tbh

32. September 17, 2013 at 9:17 am
    Umm says:

Not a fan of it. It’s obvious she like the title dark horse
    but couldn’t come up with anything meaningful behind it.

33. Vote

[…] We’re talking about ‘Mannequin‘ maestra Katy Perry, who released the latest jam to be pulled from ‘Prism‘ this morning- the Juicy J assisted ‘Dark Horse‘. […]

34. September 17, 2013 at 10:19 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

Mmmm No, just no, as simple as ‘Roar’ is, i still prefer that one.

35. September 17, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    TruthTeller says:

Bad song overall, but a huge come-up for Juicy J to jump on a song from a high profile singles seller. Although he has a Oscar with 3 6 Mafia, he still isn’t well known out side the rap world, so this could be a crossover for him.

36. September 17, 2013 at 5:43 pm
    fucl says:

This is like a Brooke Valentine “Pimped Out” by a white girl.