Chris Brown On Rihanna, Drake & Frank Ocean: ‘People Think I’m This Mad Black Guy’

chris brown sevyn streeter that grape juice Chris Brown On Rihanna, Drake & Frank Ocean: People Think Im This Mad Black Guy

As his new single ‘Love More‘ continues to occupy many a Top 5 spot  on Urban charts across the globe, lighthearted Pop Prince Chris Brown has spoken to ‘The Guardian’ on his relationship with fellow entertainer Rihanna this month.

Snapped alongside his protege Sevyn Streeter above, the charitable chart topper held nothing back when assessing the relationship and the violent attack that led to its demise.

His words on Rihanna, ‘Started From The Bottom’ performer Drake and Frank Ocean below…

He revealed:

“It was probably the biggest wake-up call for me. I had to stop acting like a little teenager, a crazy, wild young guy. You can talk with all my girls that I did mess with before, and it’s never been a violent history. I learned from it, and it was almost like… I wouldn’t say it happened for a reason, but it was something to trigger my mind to be more of a mature adult. To handle myself in situations, don’t throw tantrums, don’t be a baby about it.

“There hasn’t been any incident that I started since I got on probation, even with the Frank Ocean fight, the Drake situation, all those were defence modes.

‘People think I just walk around as the aggressor, this mad black guy, this angry, young, troubled kid, but I’m not. I’m more and more laid-back. It’s just that people know if they push a button, it’ll make more news than their music. Attaching themselves to me, good or bad, will benefit them.”

#NowPlaying: Pebbles – ‘Girlfriend’…

Source.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:10 am
    iconic cici says:

Chris your not innocent tho you stay getting im trouble.

iconic cici Replied:

In*

xcbxcbwey568 Replied:

NAVY BIZNESS Replied:

Gurl, sit down…you just mad because you want him to beat you so your “queen” can have the same success as Rihanna.

Beyhive Replied:

So you admit that’s what kept her relevant during 2009 to now? Interesting.

BEYHIVE_MINAJ Replied:

You finally admitted that the famous beating is what shot rihanna to the top

Yep! Replied:

lol Navy Bizniz is a Troll! ..

Love me some Pebbles

• October 5, 2013 at 10:12 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

Oh Breezy of course you are a mad guy but at the same time people are so hard on you.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:14 am
    BEYHIVE_MINAJ says:

You rant at everything. Yes,you ARE a mad black guy!

• October 5, 2013 at 10:16 am
    JerseysFinest says:

Yo! I love your now playing feature. You’ve introduced me to about 10 old skool songs I’d never heard before and now I’m going crazy over this Pebbles song.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:17 am
    BanjeeRiri says:

This must be the only website that’s nice to him. All the other ones still drag him.

EasyBREEZYBeautiful Replied:

So true and I know he must appreciate them.

Chris' Pure Heart Replied:

It’s why I like them. They’re actually positive 99% of the time. The 1% is when they’re talking about Rihanna.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:17 am
    How Many Drinks (Miguels Wifey) says:

You are though motherfucker! *Throws chair through window like you!

• October 5, 2013 at 10:18 am
    ItsCheryl2bh says:

Not me being slayed by this Girlfriend song.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:19 am
    AubreyOSlay says:

This is off topic, but how the hell have i never heard the song at the end before.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:20 am
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Chris Brown is fine as s***. I wished Rihanna would’ve never met him… I wonder what his career would have been like if that incident never happened.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:21 am
    Bryant Del Rey says:

Yes. . . Yes you are Hun. You can still get the panties though! <3

• October 5, 2013 at 10:23 am
    Rihanna Ocean says:

Did you forget about the time your cousins chased Frank in their car for no reason?
    Or the time you called him a f*****?
    YOU’RE A CHUMP CHRIS so eff right off with that s***.

LA LA Replied:

f** Ocean deserved it.

That’s what battymans should get.

Beyhive Replied:

The key word is cousin. Now I don’t like crybaby chris, but how can you hold him responsible for what they did?
    And frank, is a f*****. Theirs a difference between a f***** and a gay/bisexual.
    A f***** is one of those hateful people that have nothing else to do but cause trouble. And that’s what frank is, don’t you remember that shirt he wore a couple weeks ago?

• October 5, 2013 at 10:26 am
    BarbzRUs says:

That Pebbles song is a bop.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:27 am
    Amras says:

I don’t think he’s mad but he’s definitely a d*****.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:28 am
    KESHIA CHANTE STAN says:

Chris dude, why must you go back and rehash this situation whenever you got a new album out? Quit it. You’re only destroying you’re possible good legacy were people could just get pass that.

Give it a break.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:29 am
    #INDUSTRYPOONANI# says:

But FISTopher…

You are a MAD BLACK GUY.

As well as an illiterate, talentless, Cocaine- addicted one at that.

Still, I blame the #INDUSTRYPOONANI# for your downfall.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:31 am
    Grande The Way says:

The irony in his comments. “Its just that people know if they push a button, it’ll make more news than their music. Attaching themselves to me, good or bad, will benefit them.”

Chris your music overshadows your music. Frank Ocean and Drake aren’t the ones struggling to be taken seriously. Neither of them have a problem selling their music. The only one having stories overshadowing their music is Chris. Not surprising considering how terrible his music is.

IKNOWTHETRUTH Replied:

YASSSSSSS. I just said the same thing. Stop feeling yourself so much boo boo fool.

Beyhive Replied:

I could’ve sworn channel orange was just as much as a flopping mess as fortune, except frank came out when it was released so it was hailed as this work of art.

IKNOWTHETRUTH Replied:

No, Frank’s album actually went gold and won a grammy. He actually won a few grammys that night. Also, Frank didn’t have hits to promote it like Chris did (“Turn Up The Music”) and Frank’s album is close to platinum. Chris and that last one? Uncertified.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:32 am
    IKNOWTHETRUTH says:

So I guess the time he threw the chair out of the window at GMA was someone else’s fault too, correct? Or like when he cursed the valet out? Chris, you do have anger issues. And my, how cocky can you be? If anything, you attaching YOURSELF to those artists will help YOU sell, something you haven’t been doing in recent times. Drake and Rihanna are consistent record sellers and Frank’s album did more than your last. Does this guy ever accept responsibility for his own actions? It’s always somebody else’s fault.

Vegas Girl Replied:

He probably does feel those incidents were instigated by “someone else”. The GMA chair throwing was after they ambushed him with questions about Rihanna, according to him, and the valet situation, as explained by him, was because the guy was demanding more money and refused to release the car keys even though Chris had paid for the valet prior. This is what he said about those incidents.

He does have issues with not being able to stop and think before reacting but I believe he’s trying to say he doesn’t start the incidents. Whether he does or not though, they always will affect how the public looks at him, not so much the other party. He’s going to have to do better if he wants to be treated better.

IKNOWTHETRUTH Replied:

He’s such a brat and so entitled. And say those people did start those incidents. You can always control how you react. He cannot blame his reaction on others. Other people will not look the way you do in the media. And I don’t care if they asked him about his dicking looking like a noodle, you don’t go and destroy property. You’re a public figure and a big one at that. You did a big and bad thing in the public. You’ll always be asked about it. Grow up or get out. He may want to consider retiring if he’s so tired of questions. Or never do an interview again.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:49 am
    Rosie says:

He’s still blaming other for his problems? What an immature brat. That’s why the public hates you, Chris, not because they’re pre-judging you as some “angry black man.”

• October 5, 2013 at 10:51 am
    Tisha says:

The sad thing is he really believes what he says.

You claim people are pushing your buttons and igniting you but you’re a man, no one alive can make you do anything you don’t want to. If you react violently, anything, act a fool then that’s all on you.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:53 am
    SJ says:

I can see Rihanna pushing a button.

• October 5, 2013 at 10:57 am
    james says:

i’m sure there could be something else to headline what he said in the interview. it’s pretty sad the most attention is there going thru all his old beefs and rants and all that s***. atleast it’s some light. *shrugs*

• October 5, 2013 at 11:29 am
    POP ROYALTY says:

:arrow:

he still don’t know how to control his emotions or his anger.

Just :arrow: , for how long we will be talking about his past ? where’s your present man, where’s the album ?

Ju don't even know Replied:

The queen in your avi! I love it.

• October 5, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    Ju don't even know says:

Ugh I hate how he tries to play victim and never owns up to the things he does. The public sees you as this “mad black guy” because your always up to trouble. It goes much further than what you did to rihanna. It’s about the trouble you get into by saying stupid things and starting s*** with other people.

• October 5, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

He is sooo f****** s*** LAWWDDD!!!1 UGHHH sometimes I hate being Gay!!!

• October 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm
    Dev says:

Chris you may have changed and may not be the aggressor but lets be real! You have not grown up

• October 5, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    Rellz says:

Chris you do a terrible job convincing us otherwise

• October 5, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    Career Ender says:

Him and his ex-gf are an opposite gender of each other. They so full of resentment

• October 5, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    Lovebird (Prism - 10.22.13) says:

Doesn’t matter, X will flop.

• October 5, 2013 at 1:58 pm
    Career Ender says:

^^ worry about Jabba The Forehead’s decline since Loud, her album sales are gravitational acceleration force friendly

Lovebird (PRISM - 10.22.13)) Replied:

And 4??

Ju don't even know Replied:

We could talk about dragqueenonces 4 though….

• October 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm
    Mark111 says:

Blah blah blah, he’s always “learn his lesson” when it’s time to promote his s***. Didn’t we already hear this “I changed” before Fine China flopped? And when it flopped, he went back to his child like ways?