Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Will.i.am Vs Pharrell Williams Legal Drama Heats Up: “He Hasn’t Reached My Level Of Distinction / He’s A Copy Cat’

pharrell williams that grape juice she is diva 1 Will.i.am Vs Pharrell Williams Legal Drama Heats Up: He Hasnt Reached My Level Of Distinction / Hes A Copy Cat

In the August of this year, ‘Use Your Heart’ producer Pharrell Williams launched the ‘I Am Other’ YouTube channel as part of the company’s $100 million original channel venture.

Upon learning of the channel, rival producer Will.i.am issued a cease and desist letter to the ‘Blurred Lines‘ maestro, ordering him to stop using the ‘I Am Other’ name, claiming that he owned the rights to the ‘I Am’ title.

It was then, after exposing the letter Will had initially denied issuing him, that Williams stepped into the legal ring with the hit maker, engaging in a legal spar that’s taken a very ‘catty’ turn this week.

How?

Full story below…

In response to Pharrell’s lawsuit- launched to protect his right to use the ‘I AM’ name- Will has filed a countersuit, which sees him claim the ‘Boys’ hit maker is a rampant copy cat, with a long history of stealing ideas from his fellow artists.

So determined is Will to prove that Pharrell ‘stole’ from him, that he cites numerous examples he claims support the claim. One of these, being remarks made by the family of Marvin Gaye- who claim Pharrell joined singer Robin Thicke to plagiarise Gaye‘s Art Stewart produced classic ‘Got To Give It Up’ to craft the aforementioned ‘Lines’.

In response to Will’s efforts, Williams has asked the court to throw out the case, as their varying levels of success makes it impossible for any to be confused by both brands.

Hinting at Will’s long running but fruitless attempts to enjoy solo success away from the ‘Black Eyed Peas‘, Pharrell‘s suit sees him call the claims against him ‘erroneous’, teasing the ‘Scream & Shout’ producer’s career by pointing out that ‘he is yet to reach the same level of distinction’ as him.’

Keep it locked on That Grape Juice for more on this developing story!

Source.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:03 am
    Arie says:

mmmh! very ineresting.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:06 am
    Beyawnce says:

I am? Seriously get over it will

• October 15, 2013 at 3:07 am
    CAKE LIKE LADY GAGA says:

lol DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

• October 15, 2013 at 3:08 am
    love of music says:

“William” sit yo ugly ass down!

• October 15, 2013 at 3:11 am
    Anon says:

I low key love how this site writes.

NT Replied:

SweetDestiny Replied:

You’re the fifth person I’ve heard say that recently. They’re actually really good writers but it’s hard to tell unless you read what they write thoroughly.

It’s the reason they’re the only site I read religiously.

RiriRoyale Replied:

I agree. Pointless Rihanna shade aside, i can’t think of any other website that writes as well and as fast of them.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:12 am
    rih rox((U mad Bro?)) says:

Will.I.Ever is one annoying has-been.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:15 am
    rih rox((U mad Bro?)) says:

Pharelle looks cute in that top pic.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:16 am
    MarinasDiamonds says:

HMMMMMMMM. This is so interesting.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:17 am
    MISHKA says:

I understand where Will.I.Am comes from on this one.

And for Pharell to say Will.I.Am has yet to reach the same level of distinction as him is EXACTLY why Willi.I.Am is trying to protect HIS brand.

I’m disappointed in Pharell’s move here. He doesn’t need this battle, since he thinks they are not in the same league, he may as well let the brother do his little thing and stop trying to overshadow him.

BarbzRUs Replied:

Good points sis.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:17 am
    Damo says:

As a black man, this is just disgraceful, these bitches need to stop this seriously

JanetXone Replied:

What’s disgraceful. Black men aren’t allowed to feud?

Damo Replied:

It’s embarrasing that they need to feud so publicly, this industry is hard enough for black folks as it is, when we have great people like Will and Pharrell who we see as inspirations, pioneers and who are 2 of the few who hold us in a good light, to see them lower themselves to public spats, is not good, clearly your not black cos if you were you would know that our golden rule is to keep this type of s*** behind closed doors, these are grown men, not little school boys! At present one of the biggest bands in the world are going through a legal battle with each other, you will read of this NOWHERE because they have chosen to be respectable and keep it out f the public eye and thats been going on for 4 years, big producers of there status should do the same!

JanetXone Replied:

But hun, they’re not feuding publicly. The court documents are available for people to obtain and that’s why it’s being reported. We wouldn’t even have known about the case if P didn’t talk about it.

• October 15, 2013 at 3:51 am
    HeatherSmalls4Life says:

This was so interesting I bumped into a man in the train because I was reading it so hard. Coffee everywhere.

• October 15, 2013 at 4:06 am
    Mother says:

Get him Pharrell! Kinda obvious Pharrell copied that Marvin Gaye song though.

• October 15, 2013 at 4:10 am
    Iconic cici says:

Yawn William is a nuisance.

• October 15, 2013 at 4:19 am
    NT says:

I see were Pharell is coming from but i could also see how Wil.I.Am would want to build up his brand.

• October 15, 2013 at 4:55 am
    Ms.Campbell says:

Chawld, These Queens

• October 15, 2013 at 5:11 am
    Dollyville says:

Kudos to TGJ for this story. I read it elsewhere and didn’t understand what the beef was but this made it so easy to understand.

• October 15, 2013 at 6:38 am
    Antonio says:

Does the world not know that Aaliyah covered Got to Give it Up on One in a Million and released it as a single, but I don’t recall any lawsuit being filed against her, Missy or Timbaland. The only reason the Gaye family is suing Pharell and Robin is because, yes the song does somewhat sample “Give It Up” but mostly because Blurred Lines is now one of the biggest songs in human history. People will now hum “oh hey hey hey… if you cant feel what Im trying to say” until the end of time. Williamina, dont get mad at Pharell because your solo albums flop and you use repetitive EDM beats with all your artist but Pharell always uses distinct sounds and has never been repetitive #GetYaLife

• October 15, 2013 at 7:37 am
    #IndustryPussy says:

its true though; Will us never going to be a solo act because he sucks. He’s as good as that boy-band member that can’t sing but is on stage because they are pretty. Only, Will also ain’t ANYWHERE CLOSE to being pretty ao he needs to just stop and accept his fate as a producer and back up singer (autotuner) for BEP. Pharrell won this as soon as Will’s b**** ass started boosting his own ego with lies. f****** f***** ass loser, GO AWAY WILL YOU’RE LIKE THE RAPPER PITBULL OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY!

WILL.I.WASNT Replied:

lol @ Pitbull

DALE!

• October 15, 2013 at 9:46 am
    TeamBreezy says:

Its simple,
    Slave 4 u > Scream & Shout

• October 15, 2013 at 3:28 pm
    TONIO HIZZO says:

Thanking God for Fergie is what William should be doin… You own I AM…. Where’s The Beyonce lawsuit…
    If they were called OTHER I AM, maybe you’d have a leg 2 balance on…

Pharell is virtually right William’s success was with people outside the norm gassing him up as something greater than he was, then realizing how much no one else cared for him… William will never match Pharell’s Impact

• October 15, 2013 at 11:11 pm
    etone says:

WILL.Iam might win this since the I AM. name is in his title Will…no disrespect to Pharrell.

• October 15, 2013 at 11:14 pm
    etone says:

Beyonce I. Am was. just an album..Pharrell and Will. have a brand a company….that. is. why

• October 15, 2013 at 11:22 pm
    etone says:

Beyonce I am was. an album title..Will and Pharrell both have brands..companies. that is why

[...] may be in the middle of legal spat with her former producer Pharrell Williams, but that hasn’t stopped Will.i.am taking time out [...]