Exclusive: Little Mix Talk Evolution, Working With Nicki Minaj, US Plans, Destiny’s Child & More

Pinned: Posts Resume As Normal Below

Evolution.

Indeed, that is the clear motive the ladies of Little Mix have with sophomore effort ‘Salute’.

The chart-topping group, who enjoyed trail-blazing success with their debut album ‘DNA’, are looking to up the ante with its hotly anticipated follow-up. Ushered in by dance-floor jam ‘Move’, the LP arrived in stores this week, rocketing straight into the upper echelon the iTunes tally.

That Grape Juice recently caught with members Perrie and Jade, who dished on embracing a more R&B sound, a potential collaboration with Nicki Minaj, their US plans, Destiny’s Child, and much more.

Hit ‘PLAY’ above to watch our exclusive interview with Little Mix!

‘Salute’ is in stores now!

********

Interviewer: Joe K (@JoeKams)

********

Sponsored

1. November 15, 2013 at 6:50 am
    WE FOUND RIHANNA. says:

WHO IS THIS? NICKI WILL NOT BE WORKING WITH THE HELP! ASK LANA DEL FLOP for a feature!

• November 15, 2013 at 6:53 am
      1D>>>>>YourLife says:

They have more talent in each of their fingernails than Rihanna has in her entire voice. Ok b****?

• November 15, 2013 at 7:03 am
        MrsMerrygold says:

Facts everywhere.

• November 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm
      The Truth Hurts says:

The whole ‘lana del flop’ thing is so old. Anyone one who uses that tired shade is just plain old stupid. Lana has the highest debut album of 2012, sold 5 million albums of born to die and is the most searched woman on google 2012. All this despite the lack of support from the US (which she’s starting to get now).
      If you want to talk flops lets think back to roman reloaded and the re-up. nicki has to post attention seeking Instagram photos and feature on other artists tracks to stay relevant. Meanwhile lana sits, does virtually nothing and gets a worldwide hit in the form of ‘summertime sadness’ which has sold more than the nicki’s flop singles .
      After nearly 2 years Born to die is still charting worldwide whereas nicki’s albums are NOWHERE to be seen.

• November 16, 2013 at 8:02 pm
      kangmjgs547 says:

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
      —————- BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g————. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.xcbxcb

• November 17, 2013 at 9:53 pm
      angela345 says:

you’ll find the best selection of hot babes, s*** singles, and beautiful dating right at the exclusive club,
      ==== ★ interracialmatch.yolasite.com ====.Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.
      sdfwq2

2. November 15, 2013 at 7:01 am
    MarinasDiamonds says:

I love these girls. Fifth Harmony have better songs but LM have better voices, styles and personalities 2bh.

3. November 15, 2013 at 7:09 am
    SoGone4Monica says:

Flawless Queens.

4. November 15, 2013 at 7:37 am
    MuzikLuv says:

These girl are strong vocally on this album.
    Some very R&B sounding songs on there also.

Fav is: Good Enough – is pop ballad but love the vocals and lyrics.

2: Mr. Loverboy – is soooo 90’s R&B with the SWV feel.

3: Boy – has that DC4 feel “Writings on the wall” kind of track (very Timbaland inspired production).

Other mentions:
    Salute is their version of “Run The World”. About the boy, Little Me (Unplugged), These Four Walls & Nothing Feels Like You. Move has grown on me since the video.

The direction of Urban/Pop suits them well and they sounding better and better.

• November 15, 2013 at 1:36 pm
      mypenizfresh says:

I agree with your choices! Awesome choices for the states! But I would probably do Nothing Feels Like You instead of Boy.. just because US is soo hard to break

5. November 15, 2013 at 8:35 am
    cocobutta says:

These girls are my audio guilty pleasure.

6. November 15, 2013 at 9:35 am
    Lebo(CaribbeanBOi) says:

I actually have a liking for these girls, since I watched them grow on XFactor UK when Ms. Kelly Rowland was judge there … My two fav. songs from this album are #These4Walls & #GoodEnough

7. November 15, 2013 at 11:14 am
    jake.ubb says:

This was a great interview – the girls’ attitudes are perfect and you can tell they really care about being their own artists and are passionate about the music they put out! I live in the US and pre-ordered but I can’t wait until Feb so I also ordered Salute off of AmazonUK and I can’t wait to hear what the album sounds like when it gets here later this week. These girls deserve respect they are massively talented.

8. November 15, 2013 at 11:26 am
    TG says:

Flop Brits group.

9. November 15, 2013 at 11:56 am
    JER says:

Who? ThatFLOPjuice pinning these posts for grim DEATH and they get 20-30 replies.. ch..

10. November 15, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    mypenizfresh says:

I love this cd! It grows on me with every listen… If it were me I would follow Move with

2. Little Me- Empowering, and right up their alley of style, plus the harmonies are sick and it would be a good all around single.

3. Loverboy- If they could get Nicki Minaj on something.. this would be it.. smooth 90’s RnB but accessible to pop and urban markets.. plus a little kick from Nicki would bump it up in the states and UK i think.

Good Enough and Nothing Feels Like You have huge potential too. I just love the more cohesive feel this album brings.. They are definitely leading the girl group pack right now!

11. November 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    PlumPeach says:

OOH LAWD I keep hearing about this Mr Loverboy song so I went on youtube and OMG I was jamming along.

They have upped the levels

• November 15, 2013 at 4:16 pm
      Ju don't even know says:

The song is cute. I like them.

12. November 16, 2013 at 10:58 am
    Lucia says:

I didn’t know anything about these girls, but I checked out the tracks you guys suggested and I love them! Mr Loverboy is hot and Good Enough is hauntingly beautiful. I’m going to check out their album. I wasn’t expecting them to have good vocals lol.

13. November 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    BrownSuga says:

Yes Lucia I’m getting to know them even more. Wasn’t really paying them no mind this era but I liked “Change Your Life” from first CD. After hearing Good Enough & Something About The Boy I’m liking what they aiming for market wise.

14. November 17, 2013 at 9:15 am
    ok says:

I listened to their album and I’m not really into it. But their vocals are amazing:)