Celebs Remember Nelson Mandela

As has made news headlines worldwide, revered statesman and political activist Nelson Mandela passed away today at age 95.

Leaving behind an unsurpassable legacy, the former South African president’s influence can be felt and seen affront the social media handles of many-a-politician and celeb who left kind words on behalf of the fallen politician.

Tuck in below to see the outpour of condolences of Rihanna, Ludacris, Kelly Rowland, John Legend, Janelle Monae, and so many more:

Rihanna: One of the greatest men who’s ever lived!!! #Legend We will never forget the things this man has taught us, and we will never truly comprehend the level of strength that it took for him to endure many of his years!! Thank you #Mandela

The-Dream: So much was Done, so much was Earned I can and will always look up to a King like you! Inspired all of us!

Elle Varner: I knew this day was coming but it doesn’t make it any easier……RIP my hero Madiba and thank you for your contribution to us all

Kelly Rowland: wow. #RIPNelsonMandela

K. Michelle: R.I.P Mr. Mandela

Dawn Richard: RIP #NelsonMandela …. Truly a beautiful spirit and an incredible leader..

The Game: I break from my #CeaseFire campaign to honor one of the greatest Leaders of our time in his demise. Nelson Mandela died today at the age of 95 years old. Your legacy will forever be remembered. Rest is Paradise KING.

LL Cool J: Nelson Mandela. What a difference one person can make. #RestEternally

Janelle Monáe: 1 of the most important&greatest individuals to walk on this Earth. Nelson Mandela. He walked the walk. He was 4 THE PEOPLE. NelsonMandela.

Marsha Ambrosius: R.I.P Nelson Mandela. Prayers and love to all. This great man will be missed NEVER FORGOTTEN!!! A true hero!!!

John Legend: What a heroic, beautiful life Mandela lived. Rest in peace.

Aubrey O’Day: Feel blessed 2 have met #NelsonMandela ..such an incredible contributor 2 humanity. He taught me that true dignity is precious beyond words!

Jessie J: Nelson Mandela showed and acted out in front of the world what the true meaning of “fight for what you believe in” is! Thank you for giving humanity your humbling spirit everyday until the very end. I am so happy thatone day my future children will learn about you as a genuine leader of love and peace. An example to all. You are an angel. ❤️ R.I.P

Tinie Tempah: Your story will continue to inspire generations may your soul rest in perfect peace. R.I.P Nelson Mandela

Ludacris: Honored that I had a chance to meet this amazing influential being & to participate in his 46664 Aids benefit concert in South Africa. You will live on thru your work for eternity.

Russell Simmons:  Nelson Mandela was an angel walking on this earth. You were one the greatest teachers this world has ever known. We love you and we miss you
Mike Tyson:  I’m hearing about Nelson Mandela’s death while on African soil in Oran, Algeria. Sending prayers to Mandela’s family.
Kerry Washington:  RIP Nelson Mandela. God Bless You.
Ricky Martin:  There is a party in heaven. Angels are celebrating. The one and only has arrived. RIP
Michelle Williams:  RIP Nelson Mandela!  May your brave and courageous legacy NEVER be forgotten.
Jennifer Hudson: The Mandela family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Mr. Mandela fought for freedoms and equality that changed the face of South Africa and the world. We can all learn from his extraordinary journey.

R.I.Paradise Mr. Nelson Mandela!

1. December 5, 2013 at 5:58 pm
    truth says:

Funny how The United States considered Nelson Mandela a terrorist until 2008… and now he is regarded as some sort of saint.
    If he did what in did in the present time, he was be labelled a terrorist. margaret thatcher was right to label him one in my opinion.

Terrorism is Terrorism people.

2. December 5, 2013 at 6:06 pm
    DYNASTY says:

My heart is so full right now.

Thank you for everything that you did for humanity.

God bless the African people and there descendants all over the world.

3. December 5, 2013 at 6:32 pm
    lies says:

f*** you Racist b****.

4. December 5, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    MuzikLuv says:

Someone who truly made a difference to a nation and the world.

5. December 5, 2013 at 6:36 pm
    Rosie says:

He is such a legend and I have so much respect for him. R.I.P.

6. December 5, 2013 at 6:53 pm

In less than 5 years we lost Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Nelson Mandela. True legends!

7. December 5, 2013 at 7:03 pm
    tyler says:

honestly dont know who he is. but r.i.p

8. December 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm
    jAMILAA says:

shut up ya dirty slimy foul rejected mouth! FOOL! scumof the earth! how dare you!

9. December 5, 2013 at 7:31 pm
    jAMILAA says:

this is for @TRUTH! DEMON

10. December 5, 2013 at 8:03 pm
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

11. December 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm
    Body ache (Britney Stan) says:

But Mariahs white. ^^

12. December 5, 2013 at 8:08 pm
    Loyalty says:

RIP to one of the greatest humans who ever lived. A true servant of God. And for anyone who doubts the idea of one persons ability to change the world… two words: Nelson Mandela.

13. December 5, 2013 at 8:09 pm
    Body ache (Britney Stan) says:

R.I.P (Young Jeezy Voice) :-*

14. December 5, 2013 at 8:12 pm
    Navi says:

Why is it that every time someone dies you post the celebrities thoughts on the death? Why can’t you just make a respectful post about the person who passed saying RIP without enfolding everyone else’s memories.

15. December 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm
    Navi says:

Involving *

16. December 5, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    juju says:

We love you Nelson Mandela.It is because of you that I can stand proud of my beautiful country.Rest in Paradise and most importantly,thank you… You and all the freedom fighters whom have made it possible for us to live freely.Your life has truly been nothing short of epic and your story is one that the nation,and the world will cherish 4ever. Hambakahle tata,siyabonga!!!

17. December 5, 2013 at 8:53 pm
    *ℙᏫℙ ℝᏫᎩAℒᎿᎩ* says:

May This Legend rest in Peace, he fought so much for Too long, My Heart is just Sad with so much sorrow now that we have lost a Freedom Fighter, but his legacy lives on, such an Inspirational Man. If anyone ever needed a real role model to look up to, There you have it, He made a change in someone’s Life for the best, that is how it’s done, This is why we are on Earth! 😥

Thank you Mr. Mandela, you did The Job, Master!

18. December 5, 2013 at 9:31 pm
    JER says:

In before BeYAWNce’s handwritten, misspelled, letter about how Nelson Mandela has inspired her and how personally devastated she is

19. December 5, 2013 at 9:56 pm
    Tash says:

RIP Mr Mandela a true legend. @Jer why are you more worried about Beyonce than his death? Shame on you. Beyonce already tributed him anyway on Instagram with a perfectly appropriate message anyway.

20. December 5, 2013 at 11:20 pm
    rih rox((U mad Bro?)) says:

Beyonce will probably perform ‘I will always love you’ & ‘halo’. :)

21. December 5, 2013 at 11:26 pm
    KING B says:

Mariah isn’t full white she’s black as well. PS Stephy your comment is ignorant!! I’m black so u know

22. December 5, 2013 at 11:27 pm
    rih rox((U mad Bro?)) says:

She is very boring and predictable… did she even know who Paul the much overrated walker was?

23. December 5, 2013 at 11:30 pm
    cake like lady gaga says:

South Africa has lost its icon..

RIP sir.

24. December 5, 2013 at 11:45 pm
    Baddie Sly says:

The insensitivity of some of yall is appaling… a South African all i can do is thank him for MY freedom, this man worked to the bone, sacrificed 27 years of his life in jail just so i can walk freely in the city, be able to get a real education and be able to have white friends and even marry a white person…..i thank you TATA for my freedom!

25. December 6, 2013 at 12:08 am
    cake like lady gaga says:

^^ Ugh at all these South Africans coming out of the woodworks now that I have made it the “in” thing to be South African… My impact on TGJ is REAL!!!!!!

26. December 6, 2013 at 12:21 am
    Career Ender says:

RIP to the father of the nation and the icon of the whole world.

you lived, you loved, you achieved!

27. December 6, 2013 at 12:42 am
    kevin says:

In the time it took you to type this, you could have googled him and been somewhat informed.

28. December 6, 2013 at 12:54 am
    Rihanna # 1 Fan T says:

R.I.P.and god bless he was able to see 95 years thats a well live life

29. December 6, 2013 at 1:10 am
    DOSSOME says:

Who spends 27 years in prison only to serve 4 yrs as president?One of the most selfless human beings ever.R.I.P Nelson Mandela,we’ll never get another

30. December 6, 2013 at 1:42 am
    Mrs. Carter says:

RIP Mandela. Shocked at some of the comments posted here. A man has died doesn’t matter if you knew him or not. Could we show some respect and stop acting ghetto for one second. Is that too much to ask.

31. December 6, 2013 at 2:35 am
    jfkasy (shrewd navy) says:

RIP nelson mandela you have inspired other great leaders like Mugabe your legacy shall always be remembered.

rumor: shakira single to feature rihanna!!

32. December 6, 2013 at 4:03 am

The world has lost one of the greatest people who ever lived. Thank you for your teachings on love,kindness and brotherhood that we will all cherish forever. R.I.P to a true legend.

33. December 6, 2013 at 5:37 am
    Brazilian Beyonce!!! says:

Rest In Peace

34. December 6, 2013 at 5:57 am
    lesotho finest says:

R.I.P is because of you that i can have white friends,it is because of you that i can go to a south african university and study with white people without being labelled… i can gross the borders of south africa without any fear. you brought so much to us black people from all walks of have put this African continant on the map.. my heart goes to your family especially Winnie.. True legend who has leaved his foot prints on the sands of time.. love you tata!

35. December 6, 2013 at 6:21 am
    HEROINE says:

Ignorance and negativity does not get you anywhere…if u do not know about something or someone then keep quiet…don’t pass judgement based on what you heard others who were also ignorant like you said.

36. December 6, 2013 at 6:23 am
    bibi93 says:

37. December 6, 2013 at 8:08 am
    Bethany says:

Why the sadness? He was 95 years old. South Africans are celebrating a life well lived and so should we. RIP sir Mandela

38. December 6, 2013 at 9:11 am
    The truth says:

You sound uneducated and delusional after sharpeville , massacre where 69 Africans were shot by the racist Afrikaans regime Mandela began to state that violence was necessary for freedom to be achieved .

You sound totally naive and disrespectful and cannot live anywhere except Russia or Eastern Europe with those type of views.

Because if you don’t you sound even more stupid, as the western civilisations of uk and USA were built upon oppressing black people and ethnic minorities.

Get an education!

39. December 6, 2013 at 9:22 am
    Os says:

R.I.P to a great man Nelson legacy will live. on.

40. December 6, 2013 at 10:18 am
    Stop he drama Start the music says:

Mariah is partially white u dumbass. She is mixed. RIP Mandela.

41. December 6, 2013 at 11:25 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

RIP Nelson
    I agree there´s nothing to be sad about. Just to celebrate what he achieved. It was time. My first time hearing about him was long ago when Whitney Houston did a huge concert in his honour in South Africa around 1994 or so. Memorable.

42. December 6, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    Egypt (Gaga4Ever) says:

Thank You So much for everything Tata, We as South Africans and The rest of the World will forever Love,Respect and Appreciate your Existance. Lt us all Celebrate him and his contribution towards love, peace and Freedom. I a Proud To have lived in your time. I as a young Black South african am so greatfull for your struggle. R.I.P Father.

43. December 6, 2013 at 5:32 pm
    wow says:

you ridiculous human being

44. December 6, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    wow says:

aimed at the bush animal: TRUTH