Hot Topic: Is The World Ready For A New Keri Hilson Album?

keri hilson that grape juice she is diva tgj tv Hot Topic: Is The World Ready For A New Keri Hilson Album?

Four years.

Despite maintaining a very present ‘presence’ at the forefront of R&B’s scene, four years have passed since the release of Keri Hilson‘s last studio album, ‘No Boys Allowed.’

Back then, the double Platinum status of its lead single ‘Pretty Girl Rock‘ and the 102,000 units sold in its first week paled in comparison to digits moved by the likes of Keyshia Cole, Beyonce and Alicia Keys months/years earlier.

However, with the gap between today’s R&B haves and have-nots wider than ever before, ‘Boys’ sales now place Hilson in a small group of ‘Urban’ belles whose labels can depend on them to pull in a profit. So, baring recent releases by Ciara, Kelly Rowland and Brandy in mind, we ask…

Is the world ready for a new Keri album?

…better yet…

Are you looking forward to a new Keri  album?

Weigh in below!

• January 5, 2014 at 2:19 pm
    Greg says:

Yonce’ all on his mouth like liqka!

• January 5, 2014 at 2:19 pm
    Keriheart says:

Yes. IAPW was classic! Beyonce who?
    Keri actually WRITES her music.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:22 pm
    Why So Jelly says:

Who?

• January 5, 2014 at 2:23 pm
    Keriheart says:

^^Jelly perfectly describes Beyonce.

MULTI PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST AND SONGWRITER, KERI HILSON! That the f*** who!!!!

• January 5, 2014 at 2:25 pm
    Amanda Bynes says:

Keri has a better vocals than Beyonce. She better snatch Thiefyonce’s fake weave. #NoShade

• January 5, 2014 at 2:25 pm
    Jamie says:

I am but of course the hater hive aren’t.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:26 pm
    Keriheart says:

Thank u Amanda! Keri isn’t a thief and writes her own music. Beilliterate could never lol

• January 5, 2014 at 2:26 pm
    Jamie says:

Keri is prettier then Beyonce aswell. @Amanda

• January 5, 2014 at 2:27 pm
    Jessie says:

The world? No. Some American fans of urban music, maybe.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:27 pm
    Ciara is everything says:

Tbh yes Keri makes amazing music im here for it.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
    Ciara is everything says:

The hive won’t be able to handle Keris slayage.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
    Kyle says:

Keri ‘fans’ making this about Beyonce LOL.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
    Ciara is everything says:

Ciara> Keri> Bey> Rih

• January 5, 2014 at 2:29 pm
    Keriheart says:

The hive is always pressed by talent @ Ciara is everything. You know Beyodelce stole from cici. Ugh she is a damn thief!!!

• January 5, 2014 at 2:29 pm
    Kyle says:

Keri can’t even have her own post without Beyonce being mentioned, even by her own fans. She really dug herself a hole there didn’t she?

• January 5, 2014 at 2:30 pm
    Keriheart says:

No way!!!! Keri > Ciara :) I like cici but when is the last time she had a platinum single or gold album? :(

• January 5, 2014 at 2:31 pm
    Keriheart says:

f** the hive started it and been stalking Keri for 5 years. Look at the first comment f** lol

• January 5, 2014 at 2:32 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

Dead @ trolls posing as Keri fans to start a stan war. Y’all need to find something productive to do. I’ve been ready for Keri’s next album. I’m really excited to see h** she’s grown as an artist, she’s been working on this album forever. I still blast In A Perfect World, on of the best Urban albums released in a while imo.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:34 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

@Kyle
    They obviously aren’t Keri fans but bored trolls trying to start a stan war.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:36 pm
    Keriheart says:

f** you cannot speak for me I stan for Keri always b**** IAPW is classic Tell Him The Truth, Slow Dance, Make Love and Intuition are my favorites. NBA slayed too. One Night Stand still gets play till this day b**** The Hive brought her up first as usual they stay pressed over QUEEN keri anymore concerns?

• January 5, 2014 at 2:39 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

Well in terms of the beyhive, like mother like children. 95% of the interviews Bey does, she sounds illiterate and uneducated just like her ignorant fan base does!

• January 5, 2014 at 2:41 pm
    Yea ok says:

I’m a member of the HIVE and I enjoy Keri’s music. I have purchased all her solo projects to date. I’m looking forward to it. I don’t get the stan wars. There is room for everyone in the business. I buy music based on the art. Not necessarily an image. Beyonce and Keri are both talented and successful in their own ways.

4 years have passed. Keri seems very happy right now. I can’t wait to see how that translates to her album.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:41 pm
    Yazmine says:

Why is this Keri fan talking about Beyonce though? Beyonce never came for your fav it was the other way so why are you pressed?

A real keri fan would want to focus on their fav not have her post become about BEYONCE

• January 5, 2014 at 2:43 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

@KeriHeart
    Slow Dance, Make Love, Alienated, Return the Favor, and Energy are my favs from IAPW

Pretty Girl Rock, Loose Control/Let Me Down, Toy Soldier, and Wont Be Long are my favs from NBA

• January 5, 2014 at 2:44 pm
    GILBERTO says:

Keri Hilson will punish the world with another album. Nobody is here checking her non vocals, non dance ability, non stage presence. She writers her music? LOL. Nobody gives a f*** about it, she can’t sell her s*** to anyone. Nobody wants to record a song written by her. That’s a fact.
    I can’t even say that her career is over ’cause she didn’t have one to start with.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:45 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

Not y’all trying to turn this into a Beyonce bash party. This is about Keri. Both are talented and make great music.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:46 pm
    C.milian_lover says:

@Greg a hive just had to start some s*** on a Keri post. Nothing new here!! -___-
    Keri is an amazing artist and she’s been the underdog because of b*******. I’m anticipating her new album because she knows how to craft a song! I need a Keri and Milian collabo ASAP!!!<3

• January 5, 2014 at 2:49 pm
    C.milian_lover says:

@Gilberto you need to stfu and stop with your b*******. I hate Beyonce and the hive because of b****** like you! Go away you pest!!!

• January 5, 2014 at 2:50 pm
    Just Sayin says:

Nobody cares besides her 10 fans.

• January 5, 2014 at 2:54 pm
    2bad2bme says:

I’m ready Keri Hilson always make some feel good music

• January 5, 2014 at 2:59 pm
    Monstarebel says:

Love her!!!!!!!

• January 5, 2014 at 3:04 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

• January 5, 2014 at 3:05 pm
    Bye Felicia says:

The hive has destroyed yet another artists post!!! Yall are gross ewwww leave Keri alone.

• January 5, 2014 at 3:08 pm
    Rosie says:

Will she embark on another Walmart parking lot tour to promote this? Or maybe she’ll upgrade to Target.

• January 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

• January 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm
    Shikha says:

Honestly, she composes great music, she has the looks, and she obviously has major potential to dominate the charts (if thats what she’s focusing on, cause personally sales are not everything). In A Perfect World was definitely a classic, it was so intimate, soulful, and real, I just hope her team would be smart about her singles choices, I applaud her for not rushing. therefore, she defintely should pick the right song. (Hope its not another club banger -__-)
    so yeah, I guess her next album will absolutely be in my wish list!

• January 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm
    Keri Krew Kween says:

Now what was that about “Cant sing, cant dance”?

• January 5, 2014 at 3:15 pm
    Shikha says:

Oh and I also think she should be a little more focused on her career now that she had her time off. just saying!

• January 5, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    Haha says:

Tbh nobody ain’t gonna buy it only like 50,000.

• January 5, 2014 at 3:30 pm
    Listen sis... says:

Buuuuut guess what guys? Beyonce will always be on top so whatever you guys say, is irrelevant. Ha, bye.

• January 5, 2014 at 3:34 pm
    Reasonable Logics says:

It really seems like the lesser Stan bases are always overzealous and not in tune with reality when it comes to the likes of acts like Ciara,Keri,Kelly Rowland,and Ashanti.

It’s been four years and the last album hasn’t sold 500,000 in the Us yet.Keri doesn’t even have a big fan base.
    In her absence she has been featured on singles that barely cracked the Top 40 on R&B charts,so you know they did terrible on hot 100.
    If anything Keri will do the average R&B chicks number…The album will debut in the range of 50K-100K,tumble down the chart and disappear. While her single(s),may hit the top 10 on R&B charts and maybe top 20 on the hot 100 if she’s lucky.Overall in the Us,her album will probably do 300k-400K Us;maybe 400K for additional world sales=equals flop

• January 5, 2014 at 3:43 pm
    Mr. GQ says:

I am ready for another Keri Hilson album! I just want her to pick the right singles this time and promote/go on tour. She has the right tools to do well in today’s market. People will always support great music no matter who sings it.

• January 5, 2014 at 4:34 pm
    LA LA says:

I swear the people that comment on this website is seriously annoying. Always arguing for no reason. TGJ you guys seriously a lot of sick minded people that view this site.

Anyways, I’m not much of a fan of Keri Hilson but I am opened to see what this project brings.

• January 5, 2014 at 4:39 pm
    mary(realbeystan) says:

Not going to lie… Miss Keri is a good singer and has many good songs. Her ego is what messed her up. For example, she should have did what miley Cyrus did! Miley set the record straight as soon as she could. The bottom line is that beyonce has loyal fans….them same fans buy keri music but when you diss her any say noting like you don’t care. this is what becomes of you. To discredit beyonce as a songwriter is wrong….Keri wrote many of her songs with a a team as well as beyonce. The fact to songwriting is if you put one word in a song you get a song credit,,, thatsnot just for beyonce thats for any artist who has that power to do so. ask keri songwriting money is better.

• January 5, 2014 at 4:47 pm
    Its me again says:

I think she should start with a love song. Cause her song ‘Make Love’ was EVERYTHING!!

• January 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm
    Mark111 says:

Sevyn Streeter is everything Keri COULD HAD been. If you’re a song writer, why would you dis the artist you write for? I will say that one of the two ladies she dissed career fell to s*** right after that song.

• January 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm
    Lola says:

Hopefully she’ll not repeat the same mistake again by naming her album no boys allowed. I mean come on keri. You can do better. U never have classics with these kinds of titles.

• January 5, 2014 at 5:06 pm
    Lola says:

Anyway, yes ill definitely purchase her album. Even the physical copy. I trust her vision on music. She is also a lovely person who works hard.

• January 5, 2014 at 5:42 pm
    Vee says:

I don’t understand why Keri Hilson fans would have the audacity to be mad at Beyonce. Don’t take Keris own mistake out on the person she tried it with.

• January 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm
    JER says:

Ready? Did you say ready? Ready for what? Ch…

• January 5, 2014 at 8:50 pm
    Shanice says:

Lol at Keri’s fanbase or ANYONE’S fanbase for that matter.
    To let someone’s fans make you dislike an artist is pathetic and shows you are weak and can’t think for yourselves.
    I don’t like Justin Bieber not because of his fans but because he can’t sing or rap worth ish.
    Anyways, support your faves but don’t be delusional.
    Keri isn’t going to slay anything unless she becomes like Rihanna and just follows the trends that’s topping the charts.

*listening to Big Maybelle “Candy”*

• January 5, 2014 at 9:40 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

I still play my NO BOYS ALLOWED! She had some hits on there… TOY SOLDIER was hot!

And now that Ciara and her are good girlfriends now, I dont mind her stepping back on the scene, all shade aside….. The girl does write good music

• January 5, 2014 at 9:54 pm
    King says:

I’m ready. I actually feel Keri is extremely talented but the Beyonce thing really hurt her career, before that she was on the up and up. I really like her music though and she’s a decent songwriter.

• January 5, 2014 at 11:54 pm
    Flywiththestars says:

She will never bounce back from the Beyonce scandal, but someone somewhere will support her endeavors. She makes great music.

• January 5, 2014 at 11:59 pm
    GREEKGOD says:

Her first album was good but NO BOYS ALLOWED will always be my baby. Toy Soldier, Beautiful Mistake, All The Boys, Breaking Point, One Night Stand… LOVE THEM.

• January 6, 2014 at 1:12 am
    FutureCIARA says:

Yaaaz @Greekgod

Those are the cuts!

• January 6, 2014 at 1:18 am
    XtinaTheDiva says:

Yes, bring it on!

• January 6, 2014 at 5:09 pm
    B4REAL02 says:

Yes, I’m looking forward to Keri. There’s enough room for more than one person in the music biz. So, bring it Mrs Keri Baby!!

• January 7, 2014 at 3:08 pm
    kim says:

She actually doesn’t write most of her music and was only part of a writing team(The Clutch) that wrote the songs she takes full claim of writing.

• January 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm
    cindy says:

keri has yet to put out a classic song let alone a classic album.

keri writes most of her music? i think you need to go back and check that. she is a co-writer.

keri made a little noise but she was never a force and definitely isn’t one now.