Sorry: Madonna Apologizes For Using N-Word

Sorry: Madonna Apologizes For Using N Word

Over the years, Madonna‘s racy antics have been rendered even more so due to her unapologetic stance. However, it appears the Pop princess isn’t afraid of saying “sorry” when the occasion calls for it.

After causing furore last night following an Instagram picture which saw her use the “N-Word”, the singer has released a statement denouncing her actions.

Madonna’s apology after the jump…

“I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram.

There’s no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention…It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it’s a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me.”

**************

While we wildly doubt Madge is racist, one thing is certain — she is 100% out of touch. Granted the embarrassing yoga-moves she calls choreography confirmed this long-ago, her actions last night cemented it.

What else – beyond an overt desire to fit in with the “cool kids” – would possess a 55-year-old caucasian woman to use a word so soaked in a history of hate? Worse still, during a week that has seen such history spotlighted  by the success narrative of  ’12 Years A Slave’.  There’s just no excuse.

Beyond being woefully ill-advised, it just confirms that – like her latest music – her Madgesty may well be “past it”.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:21 pm
    Yolo says:

Lool! She knew exactly what to expect by using that word. Calculated PR move.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:22 pm
    mrs. stephy tha lambily says:

I still love Madonna. Also, Sam thanks for favoring my tweet on twitter. Love you boo

• January 18, 2014 at 2:22 pm
    SMH says:

she has 2 black kids that i am now sure she calls “n*****” too smh…and then she calls those that disagree w/ her using the word “haters”? really?

• January 18, 2014 at 2:26 pm
    opd2 says:

we all know that she isn’t racist, but Madge came and did what she was out to do, with that comment some attention now off to the next.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:27 pm
    Touché says:

Not clever in the least bit. Most people knew exactly why she did it.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:29 pm
    Unbiased says:

Madonna knew what she was doing, but I’m glad she didn’t go the Paula Deen route. Never thought I ‘d see her apologizing for anything lol

• January 18, 2014 at 2:33 pm
    mrs. stephy tha lambily says:

Madonna is so smart. Racists are retarded people that get no high out of life.

Madonna is love. She is nothing but love. The woman is love.

Stop making a big thing out of a little thing…

Michelle Replied:

Wow. “Retarded?” Really? Why do you hate retarded people? The word “retarded” is not interchangeable with “stupid.”

• January 18, 2014 at 2:34 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Madonna girl: your publicity stunts are not daring or interesting anymore. We know you´re not racist and we know how you start a new era, it´s clear a new one is coming. Just release good music this time and it will be ok hun :)

• January 18, 2014 at 2:34 pm
    Kitty says:

She’s clearly not racist, she’s done more to help the children of Africa then even Oprah and she even has a black daughter. people need to stop getting so offended over a stupid word. we as black people should be more offended that our own people are killing each other off everyday, or that black kids and teens are dropping out of school and selling drugs to other blacks. but yet people get offend when someone uses “n****” we need to get it together.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:41 pm
    My Forehead Tho says:

She shouldn’t apologize because she wasn’t in the wrong.

Everybody should be allowed to use a word or no one should.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:42 pm
    Funkyyall says:

Madonna is a c***.

• January 18, 2014 at 2:44 pm
    SLAY_HIVE says:

This old washed up white b**** just needs attention. Artists with no actual talent (Rihanna) have to drum up scandal and publictiy to get people to pay attention!

She needs to hang it up and realize that she had her time! using a deragotory term, will only hurt her career instead of help. See paula deen

• January 18, 2014 at 2:50 pm
    Sam says:

Princess? Try QUEEN. Y’all know Madonna is far from racist so move on to real news. If Rihanna said this nobody would think twice. It’s a horrible word and nobody should use it…. Black or white. Rappers seem to think it’s ok and it’s not

• January 18, 2014 at 2:52 pm
    Realest says:

I still f*** with Madonna. She said what she said, I don’t really care. It irks me more when seeing black teens/young adults/grown ups on the block or on public transportation using nigha every other word in their sentence.. Nigha this.. My nihga that.. Nigha, nigha, nigha…and I hear that ALMOST DAILY here in NYC. I don’t see white ppl calling other whites “honky” or Asians calling eachother “chinks” or Hispanics “spicks”… Black ppl we need to do MUCH, MUCH better instead of the idiotic ploy of “well if your black you can sound ignorant as f*** and aay nigha all you want but others cant”.. It’s pretty pathetic actually. We need to do better

• January 18, 2014 at 2:56 pm
    Realest says:

And FYI Madonna has done/said MUCH MUCH more controversial sh*t than say the word nigha, and her career has remain unbothered (see highest grossing female of 2913 receipt) You think her majority fan base (gays, queens, white folks) give a flying f*ck if she uses a word they prolly hear black folks say (whether in the streets or some rapper talking nonsense) all the time? Puh-lease…

• January 18, 2014 at 3:01 pm
    Kareem Williams says:

Well at the end of the day, she was talking about her son. Think about that for a minute.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:06 pm
    My Forehead Tho says:

In 2014, the term “n****” when used in the right context is used as a term of endearment.

It’s slang .

The word is synonymous with words like “man”, “dude”, and “guy”.

Other than her race, I’d like to hear why so many people are against her using the word?

• January 18, 2014 at 3:06 pm
    jmoore says:

@TGJ I totally agree… she is way too old to even play the “N” word game. Madonna is always trying to push buttons and be cool…why cant she just except the fact that her hey day is over she is no doubt one of the best to ever do it…now go some where and sit down and enjoy your legacy!!! she is a mess!

• January 18, 2014 at 3:08 pm
    NT says:

i’m black , i know she’s not racist , i think that the word should just be gotten rid of because it’s unfair for me to call another black person it , then get offended when a non-black person ( mainly white person ) says it.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:09 pm
    *ℙᏫℙ ℝᏫᎩAℒᎿᎩ* says:

I agree With @Sam Tbh.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:10 pm
    Bri Bri says:

Chill The f*** Out People! U Know As Well As I That Everyone Is Guilty Of Using Derrogatory Words. She’s Human, She Had A Slip Up! It Was Not In Hate, So Quit Making Into Hate. Get Real f*** Tards, And Focus On Something Else. U Haters Can’t Get Her On Being The Top…. So Dont Try To Undermine Her In this Irrelevant Way. Geez! Get f****** Real Already! I’m So Over Anyone Talking s*** About Madonna.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:16 pm
    Mark111 says:

I Don’t like the old hag, but either she did it for attention or she meant no harm. We have to understand that this new generation, that word does not have the same meaning. I wish NO ONE uses it, but what can we say when a top 10 hit was called “n***** in Paris”? But on the same coin, Eminem can say the F word all day long, yet Kobe and everyone else gets grilled. These double standards has to come to an end.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:24 pm
    OLI Jay says:

I stan for Madonna fan than Gaga !!!

• January 18, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    Dhobauti Alubue says:

..still love Madonna. If she was racist, she wouldnt hire black producers, rappers and adopt black kids from Africa.

Move on…

• January 18, 2014 at 3:29 pm
    molly says:

why? i dont see an issue with it tbh.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:32 pm
    molly says:

its obvious madonna isnt racist.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:32 pm
    Yulanda says:

Black people shouldn’t use it if they don’t want anyone else to use it. Period.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:36 pm
    Beyi Minaj says:

Why Eminem can use it????? :(

• January 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm
    Wow says:

The impact…of Queen of Pop.

• January 18, 2014 at 3:44 pm
    Farsha says:

Oh come on … I SERIOUSLY thing all of you need to reevaluate the situation, I not for one second heard any criticism when many rappers such as Drake use the N word … words are only as powerful as you make them, don’t make this into a dramatic situation that it’s not supposed to be.

• January 18, 2014 at 4:05 pm
    Common Sense says:

Yoga moves aren’t choreography but Gaga making shapes with her fingers is? LOL SMH!

• January 18, 2014 at 4:17 pm
    FAF says:

How do we KNOW she’s not racist ? No one is in her head and racism can be embedded so much in a person that they do it innately

• January 18, 2014 at 4:26 pm
    Shaquanna says:

People who criticize Madonna above about a word that African-Americans use as part of everyday talk & rap music are liars and phony hypocrites !!!!!

• January 18, 2014 at 4:28 pm
    Grow Up Morons says:

Just because of 1 word she put on the Instagram as hashtag and you guys are going gaga about it.

LOL…please.

• January 18, 2014 at 4:30 pm
    Yawnnnnnnzzzzzzz says:

Yes… Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Drake, Jay_z…are all racists, too.

:lol:

• January 18, 2014 at 4:40 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I’m glad she apologized, in the past she wouldn’t give a f***, this a good thing coming from her, i get it, only black people can use that word, one thing tho, us white people don’t call ourselves White Trash, also notice, how the n**** word is censored while the word white trash remains the same, mmm.

• January 18, 2014 at 5:02 pm
    RoyalKev says:

I’m shocked, Madonna said sorry! Wow, the world must be coming to an end soon! For once she’s actually not trying to get away with something… Then again, let me not be too hasty! I’ll wait until the month finishes, she may have a new single title N*****.

• January 18, 2014 at 5:23 pm
    mrs. stephy tha lambily says:

Mr. Blondie, “White Trash” is a phrase not a single word.

Love you babe!

• January 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm
    Sandra says:

@Common sense
    Neither Madonna’s yoga moves or lady gaga making shapes with her fingers are real dancing or choreography. Neither of them can dance, madonna is slightly better than lady gaga though

• January 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm
    tits mcgee says:

LMAO @RoyalKev! Everything you wrote sounds about right! @Sam’s write is on point, also.

• January 18, 2014 at 5:31 pm
    Sandra says:

It doesn’t matter that she apologized, the damage is already there. She has used a racist word and that makes her a racist. She is disgusting to use a racist word when she has black children. I don’t care if she did it for attention or not, things like this should not be tolerated. I hope there’ll be a boycott of her music.

• January 18, 2014 at 6:27 pm
    Lovebird says:

Sooooo….when is The album coming out because we all know this is what it’s all about.

• January 18, 2014 at 6:29 pm
    Lovebird says:

Frankly I hope Madonna gets in really big s*** for this; just so Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus do not use the same publicity stunt and think an apology will solve it all.

I still love my Madge tho, it’s just the principle.

• January 18, 2014 at 6:52 pm
    Titi says:

Madonna needs to act her age. She is old enough to know better than to use that word. She did this for publicity and “shock” value. She’s such a megalomaniac.

• January 18, 2014 at 7:00 pm
    Slayretha Franklin says:

She needs to grow up! She is 55 yrs old and certainly can remember a time when the N word was a derogatory racial slur. How is she sorry when after people confronted her she says suck my d*** haters?? The sad thing is young people worship talentless attention whores like her.

• January 18, 2014 at 7:20 pm
    JOSE says:

This old loose b*tch knew what she was doing.

“everybody wants to be a n*gga but nobody wants to be a n*gga”

Paul Mooney said it best! white people are always trying to copy everything we do. just like they did with rock and roll, imitators!

• January 18, 2014 at 7:22 pm
    Just Sayin says:

White trash is not a word, its a term. Does that make it ok? No. But n***** comes from much deeper routes than simply calling someone white trash

• January 18, 2014 at 8:16 pm
    Paulie :-) says:

OMG people need to grow up. I mean it’s just a word, the only people that CAN and SHOULD get offended by the N word are people who do not use it FULL STOP. If y’all don’t like it being said then don’t use it to your friends. JESUS it should be offensive when ANYBODY uses it, not when Y’ALL CHOOSE it to be. Myself I DETEST this word, I DETEST it in movies, I DETEST it in music and I DETEST it when friends use it. It offends me so much, AND I’m Caucasian. I don’t like why it was used in the first place and I don’t like why it’s used now. It’s b*******….. But I mean it doesn’t need to be said from anyone. PERIOD.

• January 18, 2014 at 8:33 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

Ofcourse she apologized!!

And the GP will forget it ever happened in a few short months, because consumers have a very short attention span! That is FACT!!

• January 18, 2014 at 8:40 pm
    Moveon says:

Beyonce is white. Rihanna is black.

• January 18, 2014 at 8:41 pm
    Janice says:

Actually, Rihanna says the N word on Love Allowed.

• January 18, 2014 at 8:55 pm
    thatoneguy says:

So then…I guess Jay-Z, Kanye, and almost every other rapper should think about changing their lyrics since n***** is so offensive. Or is everyone still stuck on the belief that only white people aren’t allowed to say it? What a joke…

• January 18, 2014 at 9:02 pm
    yep says:

Agreed!

• January 18, 2014 at 9:19 pm
    LOL says:

YOU ALL NEED TO STFU JUST LIKE THIS OLD b****.

I DON’T GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY BLACK PEOPLE USE IT.

IF YOU’RE NOT BLACK, YOU CAN’T USE IT, POINT BLANK.

SO WHITE PEOPLE NEED TO SIT AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT OK FOR YOU TO USE IT BECAUSE YOU CAN’T, POINT BLANK.

AND THIS RACIST CORPSE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL WITH THE REST OF HER DEAD CAREER.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:23 pm
    LOL says:

YOU ALL NEED TO STFU JUST LIKE THIS OLD b****.

WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT, REPEAT, NOT ALLOWED TO USE THAT WORD. PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION. AND
    I DON’T GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY BLACK PEOPLE USE IT.

IF YOU’RE NOT BLACK, YOU CAN’T USE IT, POINT BLANK.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:27 pm
    LOL says:

JUST BECAUSE WE KNOW WHY THIS ANCIENT HASBEEN USED IT DOESN’T EXCUSE IT.

THAT WORD NEEDS TO STAY OUT OF WHITE PEOPLE’S MOUTHS, PERIOD.

IT WILL NE-VER BE OKAY FOR WHITE PEOPLE TO USE IT, I DON’T CARE IF EVERY BLACK PERSON ON THE PLANET USES IT.

AND IF YOU CAN’T COMPREHEND WHY YOU CAN’T USE IT, THEN YOU’RE AN EVEN BIGGER IDIOT THAN MADONNASAUR.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:38 pm
    LOL says:

PAULA DEAN GOT RIPPED A NEW ONE FOR USING IT, SO THIS PREHISTORIC s*** DESERVES TO GET RIPPED TWO NEW ONES.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:38 pm
    Anne says:

Well first off like I said, I HATE that word and I wish people of all races would just STOP using it regardless of the circumstances or manner of use. The word just involves too much pain to be okay to use in any manner by any person. That being said I will not hold it against Madonna and will forgive her because she called a white person the n-word in a
    non-stereotypical, non-racist, and non-discriminatory manner. I’m not saying it was okay, I think she was wrong to use it and doesn’t need to do these type of attention seeking stunts, it’s pretty ridiculous. However, it’s forgivable and she has earned her position as the reigning QOP. I don’t like the stunt but this doesn’t change how I feel about her in general.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:40 pm
    LOL says:

WHITE PEOPLE CANT USE IT. PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:50 pm
    LOL says:

CLEARLY YOU’RE NOT BLACK IF U THINK THIS B.I.T.C.H. SHOULD BE FORGIVEN & HER RACISM OVERLOOKED. SHE DOESN’T GET A PASS JUST BECAUSE SHE’S MADONNA.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:57 pm
    MISHKA says:

Nobody thinks Madonna is racist. She apologised so case closed.

To a certain point, we will have to feel sorry for white folks SMH. Y’all just CAN’T use the N-word in public. Not today, Not tomorrow.

Latinos, asians, your mixed children, your black adopted children can get a pass, but just not white people. Please, let it go.

• January 18, 2014 at 9:59 pm
    LOL says:

FIGURES HER BRAINDEAD FANS WOULD DEFEND HER.

DO YOU PEOPLE THINK THE JEWS WOULD LET HER GET AWAY WITH IT IF SHE SAID AN ANTI SEMETIC SLUR?

• January 18, 2014 at 10:25 pm
    GagaRules says:

Eff this old bytch. They crucified Janet Jackson for showing a body part, this old bytch needs to be stoned for being racist.

• January 19, 2014 at 2:36 am
    Greg says:

Well she suppose to come out with another damn album, so as the attention old hore she is, she figured let me reference the N word esp. on Dr. King week, and start some s***. Get everyone talking then drop my album.

• January 19, 2014 at 2:49 am
    Greg says:

On the side note, It’s also crazy how some ppl will say, white ppl can not say the N word or reference it at all but black ppl can do as they please with the word. Yet you go to a hip hip concert where the majority of the fans is full of white ppl singing along too N lyrics. Black artist on stage yells, “Everybody say, F dat N…….., now drop the mothaF…. beat!

• January 19, 2014 at 4:14 am
    XtinaTheDiva says:

Omg, judging by the hysterical comments Madonna has reached her goal again.

• January 19, 2014 at 11:16 am
    AMMIE LEANN says:

Old hag better keep touring to keep that cash coming, cause all her singles will flop harder that a break falling from heaven.

• January 20, 2014 at 1:01 am
    Agad says:

Someone needs a new keyboard. Caps lock is broken.

[…] of All Media Wendy Williams. Indeed, the 49-year-old talk-show maven weighed in on Madge’s recent Instagram posting where she referred to her son Rocco as the “N-word” – a stunt that landed the […]