John Legend Scores Biggest Billboard Hit Of Career With 'All Of Me' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

John Legend Scores Biggest Billboard Hit Of Career With ‘All Of Me’

john legend all of me thatgrapejuice John Legend Scores Biggest Billboard Hit Of Career With All Of Me

Chart triumph clearly isn’t confined to the start of one’s career. Just ask John Legend.

Ten years after blazing onto the scene with debut album ‘Get Lifted’, the soul-filled crooner has seen latest single ‘All Of Me’ make a major leap this week – one that has seen the stirring track become his most successful yet on the US Billboard charts.

Details after the jump…

Housed on Legend’s fourth studio album ‘Love In The Future’, ‘All’ rocketed #27-#17 on the Billboard Hot 100 thanks no doubt to the major digital and radio gains that followed his performance of the song at the 2014 Grammy Awards recently.

The feat sees the touching cut outrank the peaks of previous Billboard bests, 2005’s ‘Ordinary People’ and 2008’s ‘Green Light’ – which both reached #24.

Historically, Legend has firmly established himself as an “albums act”, with each of his four LP’s peaking within the top 5 of the Billboard 200.

More power to him.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm
    YONCE AKA BEYONSLAY says:

YESSSS 4 BLACK SINGERS IN THE TOP 20! BEYONCE, JASON DERULO (UGH), PHARELL AND JOHN!!! ALL OF ME IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SONGS TO COME OUT IN YEARS! HE DESERVES TO BE #1

• February 5, 2014 at 9:28 pm
    Late says:

Such a beautiful song.
    Every time I hear that falsetto, I get chills.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:31 pm
    the best dancer says:

I have always been confused why Columbia did not cross promote his music on pop and adult contemp pop radio like they did with Adele. This is a GREAT album

I hope he does MORE TV appearances to take advantage of this moment.

He should have also done TV performances on Jools Holland & GMTV in the UK, LE JOurnal in France, Wetten Das in Germany, etc,

I mean has he even done The View, Kelly & MIchael, … u know whote folks like this kind of music ..

Did he do interviews with adult contemporary pop radio?Has he done Michael Baisden or Steve Harvey mroning show etc???

Cmon John legend… get ur mgt and label on this…

COLUMBIA RECORDS did not promote his album like they did with Adele.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:32 pm
    johnyvb says:

It’s an amazing song… It’s great to see great songs topping the charts for a change… (Drunk in Love, Royals, All of Me, Say Something, Let Her Go, Pompeii, Happy.. etc)

• February 5, 2014 at 9:36 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

Mariah Carey is the queen.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:45 pm
    Molly says:

Omg yes congratulations i love that song.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:46 pm
    Molly says:

Slayriah really?

• February 5, 2014 at 9:49 pm
    mc!! says:

This deserves to be #1

• February 5, 2014 at 9:54 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

Hey Molly. I saw how the C-Squad dragged that thirsty hive member in that Ciara post. lol

• February 5, 2014 at 9:56 pm
    christinastherealtalent says:

All of Me is such a beautiful song and IMO his best since Ordinary People. It deserves to be a hit unlike some of this other garbage that’s currently dominating the top spots.

Also I’d like to point out how pissed I am at the performance Say Something is getting. It has hit #1 on itunes and remained there for days at a time, has remained in the top 5 of itunes for weeks-months, has almost 35 million views on youtube, keeps rising on the digital charts AND radio but yet hasn’t even hit #1 on the Hot 100 and keeps fluctuating on that chart.

What’s going on here? I’m not hatin’ just curious as to how all other songs rocket straight to #1 but when it comes to Xtina, if she does make it there, it takes months for her to do so.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:57 pm
    Molly says:

Lol messy messy @Slayriah she had it coming btw how are you?

• February 5, 2014 at 9:58 pm
    Molly says:

@Christina why are you clinging so hard to a feature? be happy its in the top 10 and shut up.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:59 pm
    anonymous says:

Congratulations John Legend.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:03 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

@ Molly

LOL. I died when it said it is skinny, with fat ass, and light skinned. like seriously? #DesperateBitch lmao. Oh and I’m good.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:04 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (TOUR DE FORCE) says:

@CHRISTINASTHEREALFLOP

Stop whining.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:31 pm
    CherylSoldier says:

Thank goodness John did more than 57k first week.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:41 pm
    GB says:

• February 5, 2014 at 10:45 pm
    Gary C says:

I wish people wouldn’t make this post a stan war or a racial thing.

John Legend is proof that real talent and great material find a way through all the useless chatter and PR.

I saw the Grammy performance live via an internet stream (I live in the UK) and got choked up. I had to buy the song on itunes because it was beautiful.
    That’s all I can honestly say.

Congrats to John, he deserves this success and a lot more.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:52 pm
    TheHive says:

Congrats!

• February 5, 2014 at 11:02 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

@Slayriah

It was a kiii right!?

b**** proved her own insecurities for everyone to view. Thats why I dont even bother to read these elementary queens half the time. Its a kii tho!!

• February 6, 2014 at 12:52 am
    Stephy Tha Lambily says:

Hey, Molly!

Hey. Slayriah!

Hey, Future Ciara!

I love you guys…

• February 6, 2014 at 2:37 am
    h2o says:

S***riah Carey: “Mariah Carey is the queen.”

too bad we’re not in 1903 anymore KII

• February 6, 2014 at 3:11 am
    Christian Pop Expert says:

Good 4 John Legend! This is my favorite song of his so far! It really is an inspired and beautiful track. It deserves the success. Oh. And I Am So In Love With My Baby!!! Makes me love the song even more. @Best performance at the 2014 Grammy Awards!!

• February 6, 2014 at 3:13 am
    Mileys movement says:

Mariah hasn’t been relevant since Bush was in office @Slayriah

• February 6, 2014 at 3:57 am
    Common Sense says:

@Miley’s Movement Unlike fads (ie. Miley Cyrus), legends are ALWAYS relevant.

• February 6, 2014 at 4:14 am
    Navy nick says:

Amen, amen, amen!!!!!

• February 6, 2014 at 5:19 am
    Sailor Moon stan (Navy) *****Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon reboot coming 2014!!! says:

John is amazing! He is truly a great artist! I wonder whats holding him back from Maxwell numbers. I love them both but Maxwell silently slays and John just does good. Not that it matters I just figure they’d share the same fans the album buying adult R&B lovers.

• February 6, 2014 at 7:54 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Congrats!!! So talented, one of the only 5 albums I bought in 2013.
    Being his biggest peak on the hot 100 doesn´t mean it is his most successful song. It could still be Ordinary People, it´s all about the long run with these “silent” hits.
    I agree with the people this should become a #1 song. If we were in the 90s it would have been already. Back then, all types of music could top the charts, especially the best ones from the most talented people. Now it has to be all dancing stuff except for 1 or 2 songs every year, which ususally can not even be considered ballads (Royals). Not even Rock or other genres can get a hit on singles charts anymore. Now it´s just sad, the more generic and more superficial youtube views thanks to nudity you get the better for your single.