Justin Bieber Issues Apology Following Use Of The ‘N-Word’

justin bieber teenvogue that grape juice  Justin Bieber Issues Apology Following Use Of The N Word

‘Confident‘ star Justin Bieber has apologised for his use of the N-word today, labelling his decision to do so a “reckless and immature mistake”, citing ignorance and not prejudice for the reason behind his remarks.

In a statement released to ‘The Hollywood Reporter’, Bieber explained:

As a kid, I didn’t understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn’t realize at the time that it wasn’t funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance. Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended. I’m very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again. Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what’s right. Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and i’m grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again….I’m sorry.

So, let us know

What do you make of his comments?

• June 2, 2014 at 1:28 am
    OMG Logic! says:
    +10

I wish he’d apologize for his terrible music instead.

• June 2, 2014 at 1:46 am
    Hey' boos says:
    +10

“As a kid” Bad start bieber.

• June 2, 2014 at 1:52 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

Being serious, I respect his well thought out apology, he seems considerate and sincere, unlike the bratty mess he’s portrayed himself as recently. Obviously, he must know his career depends on the Black people, including Usher, who surround him and that he could be attacked, so this was smart. Much better than Madonna’s dry, dehydrated, insincere-sounding, tumbleweed apology!

bash Replied:

Oh please like he really wrote that… no shade to Matthew

• June 2, 2014 at 1:53 am
    Tisha says:

I love ALL the damage this kid has done lately, THIS is what’s got him on his knees pleading his case. I’m guessing he doesn’t want to catch a case with one of those ‘n-words’.

• June 2, 2014 at 3:32 am
    Blah says:

I’m positive that he didn’t write this. Scooter paid someone to think that b******* up smh They did a terrible job at the reverse psychology might I add. Stop going back to saying “when I was a kid” in between every damn sentence. I’ve noticed multiple young white celebs using that word as an act of rebellion more than anything.

• June 2, 2014 at 6:27 am
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

Why apologize for something you still doing?? #PRbullshit

• June 2, 2014 at 6:33 am
    BEYFLAWLESS says:

like him a Madonna trying to be hip week later no one will care … i bet after this no more drama chance scared he said wat Donald and paula deeen went through

• June 2, 2014 at 6:37 am
    drewps3 says:

As a kid he still is a kid

• June 2, 2014 at 6:52 am
    coolness says:

Lord knows I can’t stand anything Bieber and yesterday was a mess but I respect his apology. Look, I don’t think he’s racist. He was young, highly ignorant and was trying to make a joke with his friends and it came out bad – really bad. So yeah, I’m over it because honestly, I saw it coming one day. Let’s be real people, if a camera followed you around daily and documented your interactions with your friends, would you be comfortable with knowing that some of the things you say could go public? I’m not excusing him but we’ve all made prejudiced jokes etc. However, what I will not take are those pea-brain Beliebers who went on and on about JB can’t be racist because he has black friends and works with them. Wake up, it’s 2014. That excuse can’t fly anymore. I wonder how this will pan out for him in the future concerning his music because he’s been trying to cross over to the Urban market since 2012.

• June 2, 2014 at 11:52 am
    Fine Ass Lou says:

Girl Bye! Nobody cares Justine.

[…] days after apologising for using the ‘N-word’ during the shooting of footage caught here, Pop prince Justin Bieber has been billed a rampant racist by some critics today, after he joked […]