Dawn Richard Releases Statement On Danity Kane Break-Up | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Dawn Richard Releases Statement On Danity Kane Break-Up

danity kane split Dawn Richard Releases Statement On Danity Kane Break Up

With Danity Kane fans still mourning the group’s second split, member Dawn Richard is offering further insight into the events that lead up to the break-up — from her standpoint.

The singer’s statement comes on the heels of the joint letter penned by ex-bandmates Shannon Bex and Aubrey O’Day – the latter of which revealed that she was punched in the head by Richard during a heated studio session.

In any case, Dawn’s words below…

Via Dawn Richard:

Dear Danity Kane fans,

I am sorry to everyone that this news has to come out. You’re worth more. Certain choices were made that I am not proud of. However, I will not be disrespected. Once again, I am sorry to the fans as this should have been handled privately not publicly. I continued to work with both parties to try to release the album even when the original story was leaked without anyone being consulted. I have been unable to release my statement via Danity Kane social media because my access to all Danity Kane social media pages has been blocked by DK members. This forces me to make my statement on my personal page. This could have all been handled privately; however, certain parties chose to make this public before it could be rectified. I am not justifying my actions. I am saying this was all done before any changes or conversations could even be had.

• August 10, 2014 at 5:57 am
    sleazy says:
    +12

Danity kane murderer strikes again! Aubrey is not so innocent but Dawn stay the cause

ceer0624 Replied:

Open to have an interracial online chat? Do not miss it! This is a special interracial online chat group ❤ InterracialChat.n e t ❤~~~ . It piont you the top 5 Interracial online chat & dating sites and a wonderful chat room with a lot of featured members waiting for your wink.

• August 10, 2014 at 6:16 am
    Dawnisright says:
    +13
    -13

Dawn is not in the wrong! Aubrey & Shannon don’t want to see Dawn be the star of DK & were jealous of her & Aundrea! I don’t know why they bring up DK if Shannon & Aubrey want to be shady with the other members.

niffert Replied:

You think it’s acceptable to punch someone. You f****** retard!

niffert Replied:

You think it’s acceptable to punch someone. You f****** retard!

• August 10, 2014 at 6:26 am
    Musika says:
    +19

Girl, you better fix this mess because it will follow you for the rest of your life. If you still want a future in the music industry then fix it. Bring in a mediator or what ever, just make it happen!

• August 10, 2014 at 6:39 am
    Ciara Derulo says:
    +14

Dawn sis, now what are you gonna do with your career?

whoiam Replied:

Whatever it is she will do better than Aubrey & Shannon. Since 2008 the first split, Dawn has had the best music career out of the 5, so I do not expect any different. Shannon probably return to her husband & disappear in married life. And Aubrey will get her clothes off in some magazine, because that is where her talent is.

Kyle Replied:

Well luckily for Dawn she was the only one with a music career before Danity Kane got back together. She put her own solo stuff on hold to get back with these girls. So in all honesty, I think she’ll be just fine. As for the other two girls, good luck!

• August 10, 2014 at 6:43 am
    nancy grace slays says:
    +16

Aundrea made a post on her ig saying
    Dont believe everything you hear!!!

Brian310 Replied:

I wonder what she was referring to.

• August 10, 2014 at 8:17 am
    sleazy says:

Dawn the star? One thing bout DK each girl brought their own style to the group…. I doubt its cus of that Why would they be worried bout Dawn Golden heart anyone?

• August 10, 2014 at 9:55 am
    whoiam says:

I don’t condone what Dawn done, but I think Aubrey & Shannon has done a hatchet job on Dawn with their statement. If Dawn was that awful in April has Shannon tried to imply, why would you retweet a picture with you & this awful person on your personal twitter page only a few weeks ago & same goes to Aubrey, you retweeted a picture from a fan saying Dawbrey with you & Dawn. Suddenly in August everything was to do with she & her sister Shannon, nothing about Dawn anymore. Aubrey & Shannon in my opinion have over exaggerated the situation. Because I know if someone was that awful to me they picture would not be on my personal twitter page.

• August 10, 2014 at 10:00 am
    Lalaloo says:
    +12

Still gutted about this news… I had such high hopes for these girls!
    I don’t approve what Dawn did, but I do believe that they could have talked about with each other before bringing it so openly to the public, no way in hell that these girls will be taken seriously as a group if they ever decide to give it another go… which is a shame, cause they are soooo talented and they are much better of together than apart. They need each other and thats why I don’t understand why they had to go all Mortal Kombat on each other and never even tried to work things out.

I feel the most for my girl Shannon, must be hard to be in a group with these two big ego’s. she is always the one who ends up with nothing.

Aundrea might be on Dawn’s side and D. Woods is somewhere laughing her ass off, but I still hope that we get the album they worked so hard on so that the fans can get some (musical) closure after being left like fools for rooting for them all these years.

• August 10, 2014 at 10:11 am
    Nt says:
    +10

Okay so I personally feel disrespected I went to their tour I was more than prepared for a new album I even purchased lemonade on iTunes they need to release the album
    somehow.

• August 10, 2014 at 11:13 am
    SMH says:

I hope Dawn learned a very valuable lesson here. White people CANNOT be trusted.

Carlitos Replied:

I knew it! It was only a matter of time! You racist, c***!

Carlitos Replied:

And of course, because she’s black, her way to handle it is violence. Predictable.

Iamdiego Replied:

Of course sometimes s*** go down when its 2 white b****** and 1 black girl. #gotdamngotdamngotdamn!

Carlitos Replied:

Yet it was the ONE black b**** who initiated the violence. LMAOOO.

• August 10, 2014 at 11:29 am
    Carlitos says:

Wait for it… Wait for it… It’s probably because she’s black. I know that’s what y’all were thinking. HAHAHAHA.

• August 10, 2014 at 12:13 pm
    eric says:

I’m on the side of this being a matter that should’ve been worked out privately. No statements needed to come out until papers were signed and Dawn was either officially let go or put on probation under whatever management team they have.

TBoz'sSideburns Replied:

Here in lies the issue tho. They have not got a management team or a major label behind them, and when s*** hit the fan, none of them had publicists to do damage control – smh thots need to learn how to keep quiet and get dem coins.

Beyonce and Jay-Z are clearly separated and dealt with arguably one of the biggest celebrity scandals of the year, and are still managing to milk this ‘On the Run Tour’ for all its worth. Danity Kane don’t need to lie or make excuses to their fans, they just need to be professional and release their music as they set out to do. SMH

Usher_Truth_Hurts_mp3

• August 10, 2014 at 12:56 pm
    Champ J says:

So it sounds like Dawn and Shannon have been being fake with Dawn. In their statement they mentioned that Dawn has been “changing” and Shannon even shared journal entry. It’s clear Aubrey and Shannon talked about certain issues amongst each other rather than approach Dawn and find a solution. I DONT CONDONE VIOLENCE, but I doubt Dawn just popped off for no reason.

It’s also true that before statements have been made, they should have tried to solve the situation instead of Aubrey and Shannon trying to convince the public “we broke up again and it’s all Dawn’s fault.” I’ve always thought Aubrey was shady, despite her gift of music and entertainment. If they were taking secret meetings and recording music without Dawn, then they were definitely in the wrong.

Dawn punching Aubrey was a reaction. But Aubrey and Shannon’s deceit was planned and they make them more of the bad guys then Dawn.

• August 10, 2014 at 1:41 pm
    azealiaaa says:

awwww here it goooo sh.st/r9Qq9

• August 10, 2014 at 2:41 pm
    LB says:

To be honest, after listening to Goldenheart, I felt Danity Kane was a step down for Dawn.

Anyway I hope she gets snatched up by a label because she is amazing.

• August 10, 2014 at 8:07 pm
    Joy says:

Danity Kane is a hot ass mess! To think I once love these ladies

Aundrea sort of taking Dawn side tells me Aubrey has done some s*** too since they got back together and this fight is just half of the story of what was really going on. I’m so shocked at Shannon doing this. I expected an elaborated mess of a letter from Aubrey but not Shannon. I do not even get the point of Shannon’s letter. Did she and Dawn ever got into it? As much as Dawn is wrong for hitting Aubrey I do not for one moment think Aubrey’s conduct is anywhere faultless in all of this. So again it’s back to Shannon who could have told the whole truth of what was going on since they got back last summer, but she opted to make Aubrey look like a saint and Dawn a monster

There was not much at stake so I honestly do not get why they would release a kind of letter like this to ruin someone’s reputation. If Aubrey filed a police report against Dawn that would be enough proof of Dawn’s wrong doing.

• August 11, 2014 at 9:40 am
    niffert says:

Obviously Dawn is in the wrong here. She is being so vague about what actually happened.

[…] Parker‘, released just days before its September 23rd iTunes release date and following the demise of his ‘Making the Band’ sisters Danity Kane this […]