Album Tracklist: ‘Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances’

whitney houston live performances thatgrapejuice Album Tracklist: Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances

The legend lives on.

Whitney Houston‘s iconic talent is set to be celebrated on November 10th when ‘Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances’ lands in stores.

As reported, the set will sew together some of the diva’s most dazzling live showings on the CD/DVD release.

Given the wealth of Whitney’s talent, we don’t envy those tasked with narrowing down her many amazing moments.

Find out which ones made the final cut below…

Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances CD:

1. Home (The Merv Griffin Show, 1983)
  2. You Give Good Love (The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1985)
  3. How Will I Know (The Brit Awards, 1987)
  4. One Moment In Time (The 31st Annual Grammy® Awards, 1989)
  5. Greatest Love Of All (That’s What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, 1990)
  6. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (That’s What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert, 1990)
  7. The Star Spangled Banner (Super Bowl XXV, 1991)
  8. All The Man That I Need (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
  9. I’m Your Baby Tonight(Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
  10. A Song For You (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
  11. Medley: I Loves You, Porgy/And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going/I Have Nothing (The 21st Annual American Music Awards, 1994)
  12. I’m Every Woman (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
  13. I Will Always Love You (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
  14. My Love Is Your Love (Late Show With David Letterman, 1998)
  15. I Believe In You And Me (The 16th Annual World Music Awards, 2004)
  16. I Didn’t Know My Own Strength (The Oprah Winfrey Show, 2009)

Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances DVD:

1. Home (The Merv Griffin Show,1 983)
  2. You Give Good Love (The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1985)
  3. How Will I Know (The Brit Awards, 1987)
  4. One Moment In Time (The 31st Annual Grammy® Awards, 1989)
  7. The Star Spangled Banner (Super Bowl XXV, 1991)
  8. All The Man That I Need (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
  9. I’m Your Baby Tonight(Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
  10. A Song For You (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
  12. I’m Every Woman (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
  13. I Will Always Love You (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
  14. My Love Is Your Love (Music Video – BONUS DVD-ONLY MUSIC VIDEO)
  15. My Love Is Your Love (Late Show With David Letterman, 1998)
  16. When You Believe (with Mariah Carey) (The 71st Annual Academy Awards, 1999 – BONUS DVD-ONLY DUET PERFORMANCE))
  17. I Believe In You And Me (The 16th Annual World Music Awards, 2004)
  18. I Didn’t Know My Own Strength (The Oprah Winfrey Show, 2009)

• September 17, 2014 at 6:20 am
    Yonce says:
    +12

This will slay… THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

tanltschua Replied:

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. JOIN FIND Black Men Dating White Women, White men Black Women dating on==
    ♥ BlackM e nDatingWhiteWomen . o r g ♥ == Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful. Have a try. You are not alone.
    vcbvcb

• September 17, 2014 at 6:25 am
    truth (icki is the QWEEN OF PUSHBACK!! Iggy got her scuured honey. #IckiAFlop) says:

got some HOT rhianna DRAGFEST tea for u Sam. CBS, bcus of Rhianna f u tweets to them, have pulled her song for the rest of the season. U can have a field day with this

Nicki > truth Replied:

Welcome to yesterday f**

truth (icki is the QWEEN OF PUSHBACK!! Iggy got her scuured honey. #IckiAFlop) Replied:

Fu ck u

• September 17, 2014 at 6:31 am
    Stephy. says:

I already got all there performances on my Phone. So, there is no need for me to buy this. But, I hope it does well. She was the greatest singer of all time imo…

Ho

Suicide Blonde Replied:

@Stephy
    I sense a little bit of hypocrisy in your comments, lambs.

• September 17, 2014 at 6:36 am

You should title it, CBS Claps Back At Rhianna After Tweets

SMH Replied:

And you should learn how to spell RIHANNA.

:-|

• September 17, 2014 at 6:41 am
    tits mcgee says:

I will be getting this! Whitney is the best voice
    EVER in popular music, tied with Ella Fitzgerald,
    IMO.
    I miss Nippy!

Often imitated but never duplicated.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Often imitated but never duplicated
    That’s a Madonna’s quote, very popular among her fans :)

tits mcgee Replied:

Really?

That’s a really old phrase. I never
    heard of it being applied to Madge, but
    alrighty then..

tits mcgee Replied:

Valerie Replied:

Lol @ Tits Mcgee. Right! I never heard of a Madonna association with that quote. #TheDelusion.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

@Tits Mcgee
    @Valerie
    Oh no!, you guys got me wrong, i don’t mean that that’s her quote, what i mean was that Madge used it once on a MTV special to describe herself and since then HER FANS associate that quote to her, i wasn’t saying that it belongs to her, you guys get salty for nothing or maybe i confused you.

tits mcgee Replied:

@Valerie and @Suicide

I see some Madonna merchandising,
    and fan sites using the phrase, but it
    is being repurposed. It’s not an
    original quote by Madge, as far as I
    can gather.

tits mcgee Replied:

@Suicide

No I’m not salty. I just took you literally.
    Whatever though. The phrase could be
    applied to all the legends.

Leave it to Madge to say it about herself!
    Lol! :)

Suicide Blonde Replied:

@tits mcgee
    didn’t say it can’t be used, it just reminded me of her cuz i’m used to link that quote to her, i have seen this quote being attached to the name of almost all legends, like i said, you guys got me wrong, i love Whitney, among the big five, Mariah, Celine, Whitney, Janet and Madge, Houston and La Ciccone are my faves :)

SMH Replied:

Stop it. Madonna stole that quote, much like everything else in her career.

Love Life Replied:

@Suicide. Mariah has also used that quote. Im sure many others have as well. Its a famous quote so theres nothing special about the fact madonnna used it.

• September 17, 2014 at 6:49 am
    booboo bye says:

I can go to youtube and watch this shlt like i’ve been doing. Whitney will always be the “VOICE”

• September 17, 2014 at 6:51 am
    Grande says:

You can watch these for free on YouTube but Whitney slays she didn’t need leotards wind machines and pyrotechnics

hivehighness Replied:

And she didn’t need a dry ass immature pony tail

• September 17, 2014 at 7:06 am
    RoyalKev says:

Just thinking about some of these performances breaks my heart all over again. I’m so happy that someone took the time to do this properly.

Although, I don’t understand why Whitney’s ‘I have Nothing’ Billboard performance isn’t included. That should have been a given! It was amazing!

But yessssss to the AMA medley >>>>>>
    ‘A Song For You’/ ‘All The Man that I Need’ (Welcome Home Heroes) >>>>> and of course some of the Africa performances >>>>>

I would have loved to see live performances of ‘All at Once’. ‘Why Does It Hurt So Bad’ (MTV) or ‘Get It Back’ (MTV EMA) could have replaced MLIYL. Still, I’ll stop being picky! It’s had choosing Whitney’s best stuff. I don’t about the cost for something this good! I want it! I’ve never seen Whitney’s Brit Awards/Arista Anniversary performances.

• September 17, 2014 at 7:18 am
    Beyonce/Monica/Aaliyah Stan says:

I literally got goosebumps looking at this. I’m super excited, can’t wait.

• September 17, 2014 at 7:44 am
    Proud-Arianator says:

some of ya’ll comment as if you’re gonna buy it
    but long live “The Voice”

• September 17, 2014 at 8:06 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

I’m okay with the performances.

• September 17, 2014 at 8:23 am
    let's be real says:

all the man i need is my absolute FAVE and she slayed every performance of that song. a few missing from here include:
    Shoop(Exhale)-HBO Special
    I Have Nothing- South Africa(SHE SLAYED HERE)
    Joy To The World (really? this would be perfect for the holidays)
    ONE MOMENT IN TIME

• September 17, 2014 at 8:58 am
    JAMAL THORNTON says:

NO SAVING ALL MY LOVE … DAMN

• September 17, 2014 at 9:00 am
    mar says:

How they didn’t include Bridge Over Troubled Water with CeCe Winans tho…

• September 17, 2014 at 9:40 am
    Mark111 says:

Will be buying. The Voice!

• September 17, 2014 at 9:43 am
    FutureCIARA says:

CLASSIC song titles!!!
    When You Believe (with Mariah Carey) (The 71st Annual Academy Awards, 1999 – BONUS DVD-ONLY DUET PERFORMANCE))
    LIFE WILL BE RECEIVED ON THIS TENTH DAY OF NOVEMBER!!! PRAISE GOD, YES SUH!, HA HA!!!!!!!

• September 17, 2014 at 9:44 am
    FutureCIARA says:

They missed the performance from when she performed live on Joan Rivers talk show! That would have been a nice addition to the DVD performances.

• September 17, 2014 at 9:50 am
    eric says:

The YouTube videos aren’t DVD quality. You’ll get a better picture and sound with this release.

• September 17, 2014 at 10:39 am
    SMH says:

I was sold once I saw track 11. My coins are ready.

• September 17, 2014 at 11:21 am
    Guest says:

Her Loverman/All The Man I Need performance though…

[…] An album with some of the best live performances from the late, great Whitney Houston is coming!  The commemorative album, entitled ‘Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances’  hit stores on November 10th. […]

• September 17, 2014 at 12:53 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

So predictable!
    She is The Voice and I listen to her performances on a regular basis. It is incredible and she is the best singer at live performances in pop music history. BUT, these are obvious choices we all have enjoyed in a pretty good quality on youtube (they are amazing anyway I know). But the REAL DEAL are those performances of 80s Whitney we can listen on youtube but are really low quality, like most of her concerts in the 80s. That´s absolutely EPIC. How the hell didn´t they recorded all that properly??????? Unforgivable!

And some of these picks are questionable:
    How the hell didn´t they included one of her many IMPACTING ‘Saving all my love for You’ performances?
    The performance of ‘The Greatest Love of All’ they are including is amazing and she looks like a godess in it, but it´s far from her best of that song. I would have loved when she did it in 1986 in the Statute of Liberty. That was unbelievably classy and her voice was at her fullest. Or the ones at the Mandela´s birthday at Wembley? That GLOA finale was absolutely better too. And many others.
    Apart from so many rare performances I´ve seen on youtube that are hair raising to the fullest. For example ‘A quiet place’. They have to have a high quality copy of that for sure.
    I´m glad they included a performance of ‘All the Man that I Need’ and the ‘A song for You’ ones though.

Slayretha Franklin Replied:

I’m sure they recorded those concerts. It must be something with the publishing/copyrights that’s giving them trouble. Very disappointing.

• September 17, 2014 at 12:57 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Sorry for my long comment but there are too many unbelievable things when it comes to Whitney Houston.
    For example: how teh hell didn´t they record a proper version of ‘I´m Changing’ during her first tour?????? That was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Nobody else guys!

• September 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm
    Slayretha Franklin says:

Wow, this is very disappointing. Any real Whitney fan has already seen and heard all of these performances. Where are the concert performances from the 80′s that we only have a few bootlegs of??? As big as Whitney was I know EVERY concert of hers in the 80′s was recorded.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

I agree. It´s so unfair! The general public has to hear THAT! The slayage singing Saving all my Love for You, I am Changing and many others during those tours>>>>>>>everything

Stephy. Replied: