Extended Trailer: ‘The New Edition Story’ Biopic [BET Special]

the-new-edition-cast-2016-bet-thatgrapejuice-1548

Michael Bivins, Ronnie Devoe, Bobby Brown, Ralpha Tresvant, Ricky Bell, and Johnny Gill – better known as New Edition – have individually and collectively been some of R&B’s most unsung heroes.  Come January 2017, that will change.

‘The New Edition Story,’ airing on BET on January 24, 25, and 26, will come as a six-hour/three night event set to give long-awaited insight into the story of one of the genre’s most electrifying groups.  Following their journey from the streets of Boston to the stages of Hollywood and beyond, the group – best known for its hits ‘Candy Girl,’ ‘If It Isn’t Love,’ ‘Cool It Now,’ and ‘Mr. Telephone Man,’ will see their tale brought to life via portrayals by ‘Empire’ star Bryshere Y. Gray (Bivins), singer Luke James (Gill), Elijah Kelly (Bell), and many more.

Keen to see more of what’s in store for January?  Tuck in below:

Video may not be viewable in all countries:
capturewe3

Other notable cast members include R&B singer Tank, Faizon Love, and more.

Directed by Chris Robinson, the film was produced by members of the group and their longtime manager Brook Payne.

Sponsored

1. September 27, 2016 at 10:25 pm
    Paws Down says:

Gaga hasn’t had a top ten song in 3 years. RIP.

2. September 27, 2016 at 10:30 pm
    Kitty Puurrzz says:

No Thankyou … Can we get an En Vogue bipopic instead ?

• September 27, 2016 at 11:14 pm
      Trose says:

That’s a great idea!

• September 27, 2016 at 11:43 pm
      RihYonce says:

I’m here for that too but let’s be real New Edition has ALOT of action in their story so much went on in all of there lives and them as a group it’s going to be great

3. September 27, 2016 at 11:42 pm
    RihYonce says:

I’m so here for this There story is so interesting. Can’t wait to watch . I’m most excited about my favorite EVER 2 Pac’s movie in November!!!

4. September 27, 2016 at 11:47 pm
    RihYonce says:

I want a Hi-Five biopic as well then Boyz have a HELLUVA story to tell . But I’m pretty sure we won’t get one. I love biopics with artist who have a STORY to tell I wonder who else would be good for a biopic

5. September 28, 2016 at 1:33 am
    TROSE says:

“Hold On” The En Vogue Story Tel me that would not be juicy, the fights, dawn cutting up , the flop albums, the fight over the NAME. Beef with luther, Cindy being taken car of by that football player, the shady music contracts, terry flop solo career,The egos, the SUCCESS. that would be GOOD. This looks amazing as well

6. September 28, 2016 at 6:40 am
    Anne says:

I hope the story is told in chronological order beginning with them as kids forming the original band that probably started off in talent shows. In other words I want to see the build up to the record deal and “Candy Girl” and the complete story leading up to the present. Hopefully no flashbacks or major skipping of time periods/fast forwards.

7. September 28, 2016 at 1:47 pm
    Ciah's Turtle says:

Glad to see this happening. Wish it was on VH1 instead. but whatev.

8. +1