Hot Shots: August Alsina Debuts New Man-Bun

aa-2

August Alsina‘s image has experienced a number of shape-shifts over the years and the latest sees him embrace the experimental even more.

The once “hard-edged” R&B singer rocked an altogether softer look when arriving at a post-AMAs party this week.

Sporting a majestic man-bun (which he paired with a red rose), the star’s ensemble was equally as eye-grabbing.

We’re all for self-expression and subverting the status quo, so good on him for not being bound by “rules” that see folk conform when they don’t need to.

Peep more of August’s sassy style after the jump…

[Photo credit: Getty]

Sponsored

1. November 22, 2016 at 6:13 am
    LilKimKong says:
    +12

Young M.A more masculine than him😑

• November 22, 2016 at 8:44 am
      💟 says:

Blaque people

• November 22, 2016 at 9:52 am
        Trollop says:

Try hard #begone

2. November 22, 2016 at 6:22 am
    steve says:

Lol. I can’t wait for his s** take where he is riding and gagging c****.

3. November 22, 2016 at 6:27 am
    joselinefan_xo says:

he’d be so bae if he gained 100 pounds… Nigg@ look like a malnorished samurai master

• November 22, 2016 at 9:30 am
      Shade says:

😂😂😂

4. November 22, 2016 at 7:46 am
    BOOBIE says:

Bottom

5. November 22, 2016 at 8:27 am
    King says:

Patiently waiting for him to come out as a bottom.
    Its coming wait on it.

• November 22, 2016 at 9:24 am
      Belladonna says:
      +22

1. One You can look fem with out being Gay 2. Even if he is LGBTQ & fem that doesn’t make him a bottom. 3. Why must we let white people have everything can’t black people be just as unique & sexually free as other races?

• November 22, 2016 at 9:36 am
        THE REAL says:

^This.

Thank you sir for articulating my thoughts exactly after seeing the pics and reading these comments smh 😔😓

• November 22, 2016 at 10:13 am
        Chile Please!!! says:

Ohh Squirrel go climb a tree for some nutz…..you all in your feelings protecting this WO-MAN! Alisha Alsina is coming for her 10’s honey, bottom in the making darling kitty kat!

• November 22, 2016 at 11:32 am
        Justsayin says:

Good job only ignorant people will call him gay or make front of his style then they wonder why we cant grow in our own community.

6. November 22, 2016 at 9:25 am
    Black power says:

He’s not even in the closet anymore. EVERYTHING he does screams twink

• November 22, 2016 at 9:51 am
      Trollop says:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7. November 22, 2016 at 10:10 am
    Chile Please!!! says:

Yessss Sum Yung Gurl! Her bun is yanked, snatched, & pulled! He really queening out now……he was suppose to be this nikka from the streets & about that life…..ummmm hmmmmm….you about “THAT LIFE” alright! Looking like a ballroom gurl going for her 10’s! Ms. Alisha Alsina Kit Kat Kat Shawam!

8. November 22, 2016 at 10:36 am
    Teflon Boy says:

People are so insecure talking about another man’s wardrobe.., enjoy your baggy jeans, over sized t-shirts and fitted cap, you’re clearly tone dead and stuck in the 90’s if you think that’s the only way a black man can dress. Let the rest of us enjoy fashion.

• November 22, 2016 at 10:54 am
      Chile Please!!! says:

Obviously your a queen as well! Baggy clothes have NOTHING to do with this look….it’s all about him claiming to be this R&B thug…going from looking “Hood” to looking “C***”!!! Do the comparison from when he first came out up until now…he’s looking very ZESTY now!!!

• November 22, 2016 at 12:42 pm
        therealist says:

You sound dumb as hell yo!!! Clothes doesn’t define the level of masculinity. I know some gay people who are about that life dumb ass. rather your gay or straight, you can still be street idiot and no you don’t have to dress like a thug. I know plenty of street mofo’s and they don’t wearing the baggy as clothes because they’ve done prison time and that’s the same image that f***** them up the first time jackass. Being gay doesn’t have a name, certain look and a particular face jackass!!! You need to drink a glass of stfu before you even think about speaking, better yet, your dumbass is in timeout. Lmao!!!

• November 22, 2016 at 2:53 pm
        Chile Please!!! says:

Just die already! I got you MADD HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Aww you want some Animal Crackers & A box of Juicy Juice?? Don’t make me put you in the crib!

• November 23, 2016 at 10:13 am
        Therealist says:

Lmao, You sound hilarious son. Why the f*** would I be mad yo?? Waiting (jeopardy music playing in the back)lmao. This is social media, everybody has an opinion, I might not like your opinion but I respect it because Im grown as f***, but aleast you can have some brains to think logically instead of talking out of your ass. Sounds like you’re mad, telling people to die, but you can take your own advise and sick and a*** d*** and die m*********( Now that’s power)lmao, and those animal crackers that you are referring too, you can feed them to your mama, and maybe that will give her some time to think about birthing your disappointing ass. lol, and you can put your c****** in the can ass father in that crib that you are talking about. lmaox2, and for the record I’m never in my feelings, this is social media. Have several seats /_ /_ /_ DUMB ASS!! YOUR FUNNY!!!

• November 23, 2016 at 10:39 am
        Therealist says:

**Suck and a*** d*** and…..***

• November 23, 2016 at 10:41 am
        Therealist says:

**Advice**

• November 23, 2016 at 12:41 pm
        Chile Please!!! says:

Point proven…I got your panties on fire darling!! You left a long ass response that I dare not waste my time to read. FOH! Anyway girl!

• November 24, 2016 at 9:18 am
        therealist says:

lmao, Biblically speaking you have no point to prove to no man and again this is social media, so I’m gonna respond, its all fun and games yo, rather my message is short or long. I’m gonna say what I mean and mean what I say. Normally when people say mean things and get put in their places they feel some type of way, so please get out your feelings, we’re blogging (social media). Nothing you say can get my panties wet, as you put it because I love conversation and If I didn’t then I need to stay off social media and work on my feelings (food for the soul). LMAO. You’re very hilarious yo!!!! So if you don’t want a reply, don’t respond!!!

9. November 22, 2016 at 12:38 pm
    Tori says:

I’m not saying he gay but…in the words of Marvin Winans & Twinkie Clark: I remember a time when women were women and men were men, but now you can’t tell a him from a her!

• November 22, 2016 at 12:45 pm
      therealist says:

That clearly looks like a damn man to me!!!! smh, maybe you need glasses!!!!

10. November 22, 2016 at 12:47 pm
    Starxavi says:

he looks cute…but I hate those pants!

11. November 22, 2016 at 1:15 pm
    Lake Erie says:

Well… i guess it’s just hid swagger….. this is kind of normal to me now though…

12. November 22, 2016 at 1:19 pm
    Jubilee says:

I want the government to erase the music industry!

13. November 22, 2016 at 3:50 pm
    Cough Cough says:

He’s giving me Japanese MALE samurai with a hint of Jimi He drug, Andre 3000 and Lenny kravitz- -all masculine men, respectively. Anyone who can’t see that is probably from the projects, has not explored various cultures of masculinity and is clearly just plain out IGNORANT.

• November 22, 2016 at 5:04 pm
      Cough Cough says:

Jimi hendrix****

• November 23, 2016 at 12:43 pm
        Chile Please!!! says:

HAHAHAH! You fawked up trying to defend this Samurai Queen! You can have a sit the fawk down award too!