Camila Cabello Releases Statement / Claims She Was Blind-Sided By Fifth Harmony

SEV060115_004

Camila has spoken.

When I turned 15, I had the blessing of being put into a group with four very talented girls. We were 5 strangers that weren’t even aware of each other’s existence that were given a shot at one dream together. It’s been almost 5 years and the most important chapter of my life thus far. I am so proud of everything we’ve achieved together as a group and will always be proud of being a part of it.

I was shocked to read the statement the Fifth Harmony account posted without my knowing. The girls were aware of my feelings through the long, much needed conversations about the future that we had during tour. Saying that they were just informed through my representatives that I was “leaving the group” is simply not true. Just like the other girls said in their statement about their plans, I had also planned to continue with my own solo endeavors in the new year but I did not intend to end things with Fifth Harmony this way. As sad as it is to see this chapter ending this way, I will continue to root them all on as individuals and as a group, I wish nothing but the best for them, all the success in the world and true happiness.

Just as I said to them during those conversations, and just like I try to encourage you guys, I just want to lead by example when I say to each of you guys to be courageous in the pursuit of what makes your heart pound and what makes you come alive with purpose. Our happiness is our own responsibility. We only have one life and we never know ho much time we really have. WE don’t carry money, trophies, social media followers, fame, or success with us. We carry the memories that made us feel alive and the moments that made us fall in love with life. New chapters are scary, but conforming to what’s safe and looking back with regret is even scarier.

Next year I will be working on my own music and giving you a big chunk of my heart. To our amazing fans, I will always be so thankful for the opportunities being this group has given to me. I am even more thankful for the times that we’ve gone to get frozen yogurt together and talk about music, for the times we’ve locked eyes during a lyric, for the hugs that put pieces back together in both of us, for more love than I can put into words, and for showing me the way to myself. You took 5 ordinary girls and made their dreams come true – and together, us and you guys, we’ve written an amazing story – of girls from all different cultures, backgrounds, colors, shapes, languages, music tastes, all going for one dream – a dream I will never forget. The memories we’ve made together will last a lifetime. Now I gotta walk the walk. I have always encouraged you to be fearless, to live your life in the name of love and to do what makes you happy…. As scary as it is to take the leap, I am excited and full of joy because I know that no matter what happens, I am following my heart. I hope to see you on my journey.

Love only,

Camila

The solo artist released the statement above after the world learned that she had pulled the plug on her time as a member of the group Fifth Harmony.

Fans are yet to learn if the performer will release her solo project via Harmony’s home Epic Records or if her split from the group will see her set sail and find a home at another label.

This morning, the group released the statement above to announce her departure from the band.

screen-shot-2016-12-19-at-12-25-40-am

Lauren and the gang are yet to reply to Cabello’s response.

Source.

Sponsored

1. December 19, 2016 at 3:56 pm
    Chasin Time says:
    +52

How can you not know you were leaving the group. You can tell she’s Taylor’s friend. If you were ready to go solo just say and cut extra fake monologue

• December 19, 2016 at 4:39 pm
      Swit Katz says:
      +26

Taylor is fake i don’t trust her intentions in this friendship

• December 19, 2016 at 4:52 pm
      #ispeakfacts says:
      +12

@Chasin Time

They kicked her out! I don’t see her doing any better solo to be honest!

• December 19, 2016 at 6:24 pm
        MusicFan103 says:
        +13

They didn’t kick her out. They beat her to the punch of releasing her departure message before them. I say: 0 Camila – 1 Fifth Harmony.

Winning.

• December 19, 2016 at 6:25 pm
      She bey she bey says:
      +13

Reminds me of nicole going solo, wish her as much success as nicole sherzy

• December 19, 2016 at 6:44 pm
        Weaveney says:

The shade!

2. December 19, 2016 at 3:56 pm
    IG @ MIXEDBOY says:
    +20

The plot thickens

3. December 19, 2016 at 4:10 pm
    SMH says:
    +36

Mess. This is why TLC is the greatest girl group of all time. Even through their epic messes, they still remained a trio. That’s why there will never be another supergroup like them.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:28 pm
      Ava says:
      +24

It’s both a gift and a curse because without TLC, Tboz and chilli are nothing.

4. December 19, 2016 at 4:15 pm
    Mase says:
    +35

I feel like 5H just started to pop off.. it’s too soon for a breakup

5. December 19, 2016 at 4:17 pm
    Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
    +35

Girl…..u are about to be NICOLE SLUSHINGBURGER. Stupid decision going solo right now, she should have waited a while and gained more momentum before doing this. She will be forgotten really soon….BYE.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:23 pm
      MissImpartial says:
      -20

No she won’t. Camila has a tween fan base which Nicole never had.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:32 pm
        Selenator says:
        +24

Her fans only exist online. As we see with everything 5H has done, the fans only exist online and blogs but are MIA when it comes to showing support. They didn’t support her in the group, I doubt they will outside of it.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:55 pm
        #ispeakfacts says:

@Missimpartial

U have her personal fans and then u have 5th Harmony fans I don’t think most 5th Harmony fans r gonna support her!

• December 19, 2016 at 6:26 pm
        MusicFan103 says:

Who TF did you think was buying PCD music and listening to them, 30+ year olds. It may be a bit older but not like 15 years older. Nicole failed. She could too.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:43 pm
      Molly #STARGIRL says:

She should’ve left after album #3

• December 19, 2016 at 6:35 pm
        MusicFan103 says:

Or better album 4/5.

6. December 19, 2016 at 4:28 pm
    Ava says:
    +19

She’ll flop.

7. December 19, 2016 at 4:28 pm
    Pat says:
    +13

Girl u wanted to leave. Now bue!

• December 19, 2016 at 4:29 pm
      Pat says:

Ugh..bye!

8. December 19, 2016 at 4:30 pm
    Selenator says:
    +17

Lol! Everything about this group is a hotmess. They never had any chemistry from the beginning so it makes sense that they arent on the same page at the end. But on the bright side, this controversy might make them relevant. They need it, Little Mix’s Glory Days album is about to outsell 7/27 despite being just a month old LOL. And to think their stans ever thought they were in the same tier lol.

• December 19, 2016 at 4:44 pm
      Molly #STARGIRL says:

Omg hey sis… How u been?

• December 20, 2016 at 6:14 am
      truthteller says:

Is this the same Glory Days that has dropped out of the charts after 2 weeks (same story in most countries besides the UK)? I’m no 5H stan buy to say Little Mix is in a higher tier is ridiculous.

9. December 19, 2016 at 4:37 pm
    Mateo says:
    +21

Good riddance! Her voice was annoying anyway! Can’t wait for H4rmony to release new music as a quartet. And dead 💀 at this no-note-hitting-hooker clapping back with “I was blindsided”. B**** you left the group high and dry, don’t try to play all innocent with the little birdies and the monkeys *mean girls reference* lol

10. December 19, 2016 at 4:40 pm
    Swit Katz says:
    +19

She won’t make it, she doesn’t have the star power. The people surrounding her have deceived her and i feel bad for her.

11. December 19, 2016 at 4:42 pm
    Molly #STARGIRL says:
    -12

Wish her the best you’ll be missed Queen

• December 19, 2016 at 4:54 pm
      Swit Katz says:
      +12

No she won’t be missed. She’s the next selena gomez. They’re both pretty with decent looks but lack talent and no one gives a f*** about their boring lives/personalities

12. December 19, 2016 at 4:44 pm
    Mr.StLaurent says:

Audio of Lauren Jauregui has surfaced: “We’re doing f****** labor everyday.”

• December 19, 2016 at 4:56 pm
      cocobutta says:
      +10

Meanwhile Little Mix making major coins and it doesn’t have to come from America.
      Natural chemistry can get you far and coined up.

13. December 19, 2016 at 4:53 pm
    cocobutta says:
    +11

We don’t believe you miss going on a solo trail.

While in the group 🙄
    Squeak squeak 🐀🐁 those vocals away chile.

14. December 19, 2016 at 4:55 pm
    Abel Minaj says:
    +13

Is she the one with the chipmunk voice? Good riddance

15. December 19, 2016 at 5:06 pm
    Brandy keeps some TGJ posters mad which is why they down vote any positive comment about her says:
    +20

June’s Diary…this is your chance! Kelly…Frank Gatson, where y’all at?

16. December 19, 2016 at 5:12 pm
    America is SCREWED says:

As of this moment the electoral college votes are
    Trump – 268
    Clinton -160

Welp guess the petitions and silent protests didn’t help.
    Trump will officially be our next president

17. December 19, 2016 at 5:22 pm
    Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:

Its crazy how little mix is way more successful than HORRIBLE HARMONY and yet they have yet to really crack the us……..

18. December 19, 2016 at 5:28 pm
    Kenya says:

This girl is stupid.
    Why would you leave a group that hasn’t even blown up yet or achieved any major achievements?
    They have no #1 albums or singles,no Grammys I doubt they are even known on an international level hence why they have been performing to empty arenas during their tour.
    It’s only a matter of time before she comes crawling back when her music fails to crack the bubbly under charts

19. December 19, 2016 at 5:29 pm
    Jackx says:

They gonna have to replace her or disband.
    Otherwise it’s forth harmony now

20. December 19, 2016 at 6:00 pm
    Shakira Stan says:

Mess!
    These little h*** stay messing up their career.

21. December 19, 2016 at 6:26 pm
    Danny Bey says:

This is getting messier by the minute lol… *insert Wendy sipping tea gif*

22. December 19, 2016 at 6:34 pm
    MusicFan103 says:

she is mad because they bit her to it. She wanted to release the “After 4.5 years it is time for a new chapter in my life. I have decided to leave 5H but my heart will always be with them…” BS a*** press release but instead she has to try to lessen her Taylor 🐍 Swift ways and make it seem like it was the grandest of times and as if despite the girls announcing it first she still cherishes them and her time with them since “they have a bond only them 5 will ever know,” yadi-yadi-yah.

At the end of the day she didn’t get her way, and I am glad she didn’t. Absolutely NO new group with less than 4 albums and 2 hits under their belt should every see members feature on SINGLES, not songs, but SINGLES released to radio.

Camila was making it look messy for them since “IKWYDLS” in 2015. Please let her become a Nicole Scherzinger sized US flop artist.

23. December 19, 2016 at 7:37 pm
    Kimk says:

Simon chose them for a reason, they all have solo voices so I one leaves their voices are not hurt. I will not miss the moans she called runs.

• December 19, 2016 at 9:25 pm
      MusicFan103 says:

I think the opposite. I think that Simon chose them because they all did NOT have soloist voices. They also were very young then, so he could have saw some of them (nameless) to have cute, teeny AKA easily marketable voices for a teen market.

Though with age voices mature, not always for the better.

I won’t miss her runs either.

24. December 20, 2016 at 12:03 pm
    truthteller says:

Little Mix have some good songs but I do laugh at their fans here saying they’re above 5H when their album has flopped almost everywhere except the UK. Neither group is at DC, Pussycat Dolls or TLC’s level globally.

25. December 21, 2016 at 2:40 am
    Shaquiiii says:

Huh?

So was she kicked out or left by her own accord? Something’s fishy.

26. December 21, 2016 at 11:06 am
    Qwerty says:

She probably won’t make it.
    Some people who leaves groups don’t succeed, she probably got a big head with tbat

27. December 21, 2016 at 11:08 am
    Qwerty says:

She Probably got a big head with that song with mgk.

28. Vote

Something seem Off about what she said but good luck to her doing solo people will see what she can bring