As we reported here, the impressive sales of Ed Sheeran‘s third album, ‘Divide,’ not only gave him the best first week sales of the year, but they’ve given him the best sales of the year in just one week!
Lifting him to a debut on the Billboard 200, the worldwide response to Sheeran’s latest has also landed him in the Guinness Book of World Records. The organization reported ‘Divide’ has:
- …become the Fastest-selling pop album in the UK by a male artist of all time.
- …sold more copies in its first week than the rest of the UK’s Top 500 albums combined.
- …a grand total of 16 tracks in the UK Top 20 – a feat which has also earned Ed the record for Most simultaneous UK Top 20 singles.
- …crashed into Spotify’s Global Top 50 streaming chart on 3 March, as well as the Top 50 in 12 international markets (Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland and the UK). In the UK and Ireland, the 16 tracks claimed the entire Top 16 spaces.
- …placed all 12 of the album’s tracks on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously (read more about that by clicking here).
Congratz are in order to the prized singer/songwriter. Tuck in below to see who joins him on this week’s refreshed Billboard 200: