If folk thought Chris Brown‘s woes were limited to semi-frequent bad press, they’re grossly mistaken.
Billboard have gone to press with a scathing exposé of the R&B bad boy, one that de-trivializes his antics and paints a picture that it altogether darker and more worrying that anyone could have thought.
Full story below…
Per the piece, 27-year-old Brown’s personal and professional life is in all sorts of disarray.
Notable points include:
- Brown is “allegedly ” a barely functioning cocaine, molly, and sizzurp addict. Receipts were provided by several close sources to the singer.
- He is said to not sleep for up to three days on end, with drugs allegedly used to bring him “up” and “down.” A recent episode saw him disappear for two hours on the set of his ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’ video, only to be found asleep in an on-set bathroom.
- The star is renown for his volcanic outbursts against his own team – including his security detail and publicist.
- He has been heard calling himself “the devil.”
- After a year plus spell of being clean, he is said to have relapsed and allegedly self medicates with illegal substances – while not properly taking his meds for his bipolar II disorder.
- Brown is billed as being so difficult to work with that he currently has no replacement for his longtime manager Mike G, who left after the singer is alleged to have physically attacked him last year. The feature details the reason for that episode being due to Brown’s disappointment at the sales of recent album ‘Royalty’; which, after stalling at 366k copies in the US, is his lowest selling album to-date.
- And perhaps worst of all, he is labelled an “Instagram Dad.”
The full feature makes for a compelling and ultimately heart-wrenching read.
We want to say “we wish him the best,” but at this point until HE wishes himself the best (and then acts on it) it all feels a bit redundant.
Morbid as it sounds, we’ve covered many a Chris Brown-like situation in our time and very rarely does it “end” well.
Fingers crossed he seeks the help needed to turn things around.