Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Entertainment

Amber Riley Announces She Is Leaving ‘GLEE’

03f559b486813e25ebf5d47039c3f5ef Amber Riley Announces She Is Leaving GLEE

For three seasons of GLEE, Amber Riley has established herself as one of the most gifted vocalists in entertainment today.

However, in somewhat of a dramatic twist, Riley has announced that her character Mercedes leaving the hit FOX show.

Taking to Twitter yesterday, the 26 year old wrote…

“That’s a wrap on Amber Riley! Just closed a chapter in my life, the only thing I’ve known day in and day out for three years. I’m going to miss the whole Glee family, seeing them everyday! I have so many brothers and sisters now icon smile Amber Riley Announces She Is Leaving GLEE But I am looking forward to a much needed and deserved summer vacation! SCHOOL’S OUTGlee Kids! Let’s play!”

*********

The news is somewhat bittersweet; for many -including yours truly-have been itching to see Riley branch out beyond the show, be it musically or on the acting tip. However, as history has shown, what awaits “on the other side” isn’t always guaranteed to ensure continued success. Here’s hoping the latter finds Riley as she embarks on a new journey.

Peep some of our favourite Mercedes moments below…

• May 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm
    Joseph McCoy says:

Something happened with her and the producers, wanna bet?

• May 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm
    Hot! says:

Maybe its just time for her to move on God has a season for everything remember that I hope she continues with her upbeat and humble spirit that i’ve seen her have.

• May 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm
    gio88 says:

without her i won’t see glee anymore

• May 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm
    Siberian Prince says:

I wounder can she sing live….

• May 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm
    Darshelle Jones says:

What is this looool. I have never sat through but one episode of Glee. Interesting

• May 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm
    Sleazy says:

She can sing live haven’t you seen their concerts and I’m soooooo sad

• May 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm
    brianb says:

This isn’t shocking, they told us last year that they don’t come back after graduating.. So she is just confirming that she is one of the people who graduated

• May 10, 2012 at 9:24 pm
    Hilly says:

As a gleek, i’m happy she is moving on, she was one of my favorite characters in this show, and she had the best voice, actually i was watching for her singing (with Naya Rivera & Kevin McHale), but the producers are all over Lea Michele, which is ridiculous, so maybe it’s better if she leaves. She’s talented, humble and beautiful, i wish her the best, she deserves it!
    XOXO, Hil.