Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Video: Sade – ‘Soldier of Love’

The hotly anticipated video for soulful singer Sade‘s new single ‘Soldier of Love’ premiered today. Simple, classy and elegant, the clip is really befitting to both the song and Sade as an artist. I like.

Sade’s first album in over a decade, also titled ‘Soldier of Love’, hits stores February 8th in the UK and February 9th in the US.

What do you think of the video?

• January 11, 2010 at 3:54 am
    mez says:

But is she a great singer live???

• January 11, 2010 at 5:19 am
    Nika says:

@Mez – see that your a youngin’…lol

Anyways….thank God Sade is back. Maybe now she can show these RnB chicks how its done. No booty-tootin to be an actual artist & wow, ur records can still sell.

Sade & Maxwell proved two things. 1- the RnB world has been lacking good music & 2 – if u have actual talent, u can go away from the game for 10 yrs & come back strong…but like I said, you have to have talent.

• January 11, 2010 at 5:30 am
    mez says:

lol ive seen Sade live many times and she has a very weak voice with minmal range… what makes her so amazing is her band and her music and her EXOTIC looks. Her band SWEETBACK etc is amazing and her concerts are very atmospheric…but really she has a weak voice….

BUT guess what I am one of her biggest fans… i have every album! Just to prove a point!

• January 11, 2010 at 7:02 am
    Music_Lover says:

This is soooo sade! YOU have got to hand it to her, she is one artist that has stuck to her style from the start. You gotta love it. Cherish the day, one of my favs. But this vid fits the song! Great Job Sade…(It’s not shah-day, its shade..lmao, had an in living color moment) lmaOOOOO.

• January 11, 2010 at 7:40 am
    TRUTH says:

SORRY, THIS ISH COMES OFF SOOO 80′S AND LIKE A STUDENT ART FILM. THE IMAGERY AND METAPHORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SONG!!! ONLY THE HAPHAZARD CHOREO SIMULATING MILITARISTIC FEEL IN THE END IS RELEVANT TO SONG TITLE. DANCING WAS OFF TOO. A TAKE 2 OR 3 WOULDNT HURT! THE SILHOUETTES WAS DONE WELL. SHE HAS AGED, YOU CAN SEE IT IN HER FACE – BOTOX MUCH, HAHA. BUT LOOKS BETTER THAN MOST 50 YR OLDS (SEE GRANDONNA AND HER TRANNY ARMS). THE VID DOESNT MAKE THE SONG BETTER… MEHHH. 3/5 STARS.

• January 11, 2010 at 7:44 am
    TRUTH says:

HATE VIDEOS THESE DAYS THAT DONT TELL A STORY VIA THE LYRICS LIKE THEY USED TO… NOW WE HAVE ROUGH EDITS OF DIFFERENT CLIPS SLAPPED TOGETHER TO MATCH THE BEATS AS OPPOSED TO TELLING THE STORY. ALL MJ’S VIDS TOLD A COMPLETE STORY TO MATCH LYRICS. WE NEED TO GET BACK TO REAL MUSIC VIDEOS. SIGH…

• January 11, 2010 at 8:10 am
    Sammy says:

This b**** needs to sit down. No one cares about her old dusty ass.

It’s all about Cassie people. Cassie is so much better than this hoe. She would’ve torn the hell outta this song had it been hers.

Listen to Cassie’s future world wide smash ‘Skydiver’ below

Better than any thing ths Sade hoe, who no one knows about, has done. FACT

Cop ‘Electro Love’ by Cassie thie year people.

• January 11, 2010 at 9:06 am
    incognegro says:

I love the video!!! I was a bit on the fence with the song, but the video definitely brought it to life!!! Sade is a unique talent, and a wonderful artist (and I do stress the word artist). I cannot wait for this album, which I rest assured will be in a class of its own – as is the case with many of Sade’s hits!

Regarding some of the comments made:

1.) The Video:

No – Sade is not doing sex aerobics in her video (a la many of videos of late), she is not wearing a leotard (although her cow-girl get-up is close), and there is no dialogue in the video. You are not spoon-fed the plot of the video as if you are an idiot; on the contrary, there are beautiful visuals, and striking cinematography, which keeps you engaged. Quintessential Sade.

2.) The Voice:

Sade’s voice is not the kind that you will see on American Idol or X-Factor. It is one of those voices that grabs you, and stays on your mind. Its husky (not weak), haunting at times, but more than anything, it is emotive and expressive, which I feel even some of today’s vocal powerhouses are unable to capture in their songs. I love Sade’s voice. It is unique, and cannot be duplicated.

3.) The Look:

Clearly Sade is not the same Sade we seen years ago. She is 50 years old, and looks and moves better than women 20 years her junior. I am not made at her for aging, but I am sure there are plently of people who would hope to look like that when they are 50.

it is apparent that some of you were not followers of Sade music (hence the mention of Cassie on this post), but before you start becoming disrespectful (calling her a “b****” and “hoe”) do your homework. And once you have, I am sure that you will appreciate the video.

Peace

• January 11, 2010 at 9:48 am
    Anon says:

Last album was not over a decade ago. It was released in November 2000. Just over 9 years ago. I know I’m splitting hairs, but just trying to keep That Grape Juice accurate.

• January 11, 2010 at 9:57 am
    Anon says:

And another thing…. Sade is the name of the band. All the album liners say that. So it’s “the band’s” album and “the band’s” video. Just trying to keep y’all accurate.

• January 11, 2010 at 10:03 am
    Anon says:

@ Truth… Dressing up like a rhinestone cowboy and dancing in front of a dry ice fog and some green lasers went with the lyrics to “Rock With You?” Please, have your head examined.

• January 11, 2010 at 10:41 am
    Sammy says:

@ Incognegro

i can disrespect this HOE ass b**** all i want. Who is she? If i was on the street I bet no one could even name one of her songs. She has no hits. Cassie is more important, talented, releavent and people actually know her stuff.

Cassie slays this c*** right here.

• January 11, 2010 at 11:16 am
    Chris T. says:

She is giving me hella Lovers Live in this here video and I love it.

And Cassie may be relevant today but Sade is legendary. Respect your elders Sammy. No need to bring someone down to bring someone up. Sade and Cassie both have their places in the industry. AND you may not be able to name any Sade songs but I bet you know the tunes and even some of the lyrics. If you’re a certain age, I’d even go as far at to say that her music may be the reason you were conceived.

• January 11, 2010 at 11:42 am
    Sammy says:

Hopefully I wasn’t concieved to this sluts music. I’d rather someone like Rihanna.

This b**** is boring, so why should i respect her? She aint done s*** for me. It’s all about cassie baby. Sade is so gonna flop seriously. Maybe she should release a few naked pics…then again people probably still wouldn’t pay this trick any attention hahahahaha.

• January 11, 2010 at 11:44 am
    Chris T. says:

lmao. I get it now, you’re being sarcastic. Good one Sammy, Kudos!

• January 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm
    Sammy says:

Chris T I’m not joking or being sarcastic.

I’m just showing my love for Cassie.

• January 11, 2010 at 12:02 pm
    Sammy says:

This is better than anything crappy Sade has ever done

Classic Cassie. Brilliant voice. much more interesting than Sade

• January 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm
    Fernie says:

@ SAMMY

You don’t know what good music is, so sit your tired ass down.

Any who, I thought the video is amazing.

• January 11, 2010 at 9:18 pm
    ARTISTK says:

LIVING LEGEND RETURNS! CLASSIC SHYT! CAN’T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM!

• January 12, 2010 at 1:05 am
    virgo says:

I don’t think there is any video she has done that i didn’t like. even in this video she gets into some more mainstream themes but still manages to make it within her persona. I love the video. especially the horse bucking in the lightning. Just so vivid.

• January 12, 2010 at 11:33 am
    jjlova06 says:

@ Mez, she is definitely a great singer live. She can sing circles around everybody. She sounds better than the album itself. She’s just that good. This video is right for her. I love me some sade.

• January 12, 2010 at 10:18 pm
    anonymouss says:

DAMN. she’s 50? 0_0

• January 30, 2010 at 1:16 am
    Kimberly Mouton-James says:

Sade is b-a-c-k love the song and video. Can’t wait until it hit the stores. Yes, she can perform live!!!!!!!!

• January 30, 2010 at 12:24 pm
    DeeDee says:

SHE IS DA BEST RnB FEMALE RYT NOW . . . TO ALL DA LADIES AND WAT NT SONGS DNT HAVE TO BE ALL ABOUT SEX TO BE GREAT SO SADE KEEP DO N WAT U DO F DA HATERS !!! kum n 4rm “DeeDee”

• January 31, 2010 at 8:54 pm
    NONAME says:

HOW CAN YOU BEGAIN TO SAY HOW BREATH TAKING THIS VIDEO IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY BUT THATS SADE ISN’T IT.

• February 6, 2010 at 11:14 am
    KIMERLAN says:

GEEZE! I LOVE SADE! I STILL HAVE HER LAST RECORD! THIS IS OUTSTANDING! SHE HAS NOT CHANGED AT ALL! SHE LOOKS GREAT…. LIKE SHE DID IN HER TWENTIES!

• February 7, 2010 at 12:32 pm
    Adrienne says:

this album is long over due.. I can truly appricate Sades music even though it can seem dark on glumie the music she makes is very close to my heart and I can relate to her music. I’m soo glad she back and she came back stronger than ever. To all that doesn’t know Sade isn’t a factory singer don’t believe the hype google a live performance of Sade and see for yrself.

• February 17, 2010 at 8:10 am
    Dianna says:

I agree with truth the dancing was off looked like some guys they just put in there!!! The video does not match the song!!!

• February 27, 2010 at 10:17 pm
    Theory says:

These guys are steppers. They are marching…not dancing. Any of you belong to a Frat? Do you know steppers when you see them. As for the idiot that likes to name call…you’re gay…do your research. Yyou sound like you want to BE Cassie. You sure you’re ok?

• March 2, 2010 at 10:16 am
    Irene says:

I love it, sade my girl when she make a come back its a jam. great artist.