Tyler Perry: “Brandy Stars In My New Movie”

brandy Tyler Perry: Brandy Stars In My New Movie

2012 is gearing up to be quite the year for triple threat performer Brandy.

For, after confirming the release of a new album and a number of  prime time television cameos, all of which is expected to come to fruition in coming months, Ms. Norwood has more good news for her fans today.

She has scored a starring role in a new movie by acclaimed creator Tyler Perry.

Full story below…

Titled ‘The Marriage Counselor‘, the film  also stars Norwood’s one time gal pal Kim Kardashian and will see both ladies play co workers of the main character, played by the actress Jurnee Smollett.

Expected to hit US cinema in the coming year,  it marks Perry’s 13th production with LionsGate in thirteen years and follows the success of ‘For Colored Girls‘ and ‘Precious‘.

Here’s to hoping Brandy’s role in this movie serves as a promotional boost for her now long awaited new album and more importantly marks the beginning of a beautiful artistic relationship with Perry.

Responsible for reintroducing the world to the gem that is Janet Jackson‘s the actress, who knows how beneficial he may be to Brandy’s career if he continues to cast her in any future  releases.

Source.

Think you’ve got what it takes to handle her new project ? Get involved here!

• November 2, 2011 at 1:05 pm
    deidah says:

YASS!!!!!!!! 4EVER BRANDY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm
    Robier says:

Oh ok. She did great on ‘Drop dead diva’

• November 2, 2011 at 1:08 pm
    Happy says:

Brandy is slowly but surely making her comeback! All I need is the album, and I’m set. Her entire discography is flawless, but “Full Moon” is my all-time favorite :)

• November 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm
    TruthTeller says:

I like Brandy but staaring in a Tyler Perry’s movie is embarrassing.
    Let s get ready for more cooning & more buffoonery.

• November 2, 2011 at 1:13 pm
    BRANDYALLDAWAY says:

MY GIRL RISING.. WUD LOVE TO SEE HER IN MULTIPLE MOVIES NEXT YEAR,, KEEP IT COMIN B..

p.S
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWMytaqdLk : CHECK OUT THIS ORINGINAL VERSION OF FULL MOON

• November 2, 2011 at 1:17 pm
    TruthTeller says:

Brandy looks dashing tho’.

• November 2, 2011 at 1:18 pm
    TRICK, NO MORE TREAT! says:

Yeah awright.

• November 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm
    ALL I KNOW IS.............. says:

HMMMMM, I CAN’T WHAT FOR THAT! I LOVE BRANDY,
    NEVER SAY NEVER WAS AND IS A CLASSIC ALBUM!

• November 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    atrl says:

Come ON Brandy!!!! I’m so excited for her. I know she will do great!!

• November 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm
    ISTANN4GAGA says:

IDK why people describe Tyler Perry’s movies (ESPECIALLY the ones with SLAYdea) as “Coonery”.I just take it for as it is (Entertainment.)

It’s not like he’s shoving EVERY BLACK Stereotype in his movies…..

• November 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    All I know is......... says:

Eww. How the f*** that riyawwna pic get up there???

• November 2, 2011 at 1:37 pm
    TheMan4u says:

yikes, her and Kim k in a movie together, WOW. last we heard the two families didnt get along

• November 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm
    FLOP NOT ON TOP says:

yesssssssssss

• November 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm
    BRANDYALLDAWAY says:

@ All I know is… THANK U

Never Say NEVer .. THose broken and artistic vocals.. people want that voice back.. AND SOME

• November 2, 2011 at 1:50 pm
    Royalkev says:

Yessssss, Bring it all back Brocka (movies, sitcom and a new incredible album). :)

• November 2, 2011 at 1:50 pm
    Todd says:

Cant wait i STAN!!! for Brandy, she is on her way again yall, i mean she is really on her grind…..now its jus time for the music and we are good to go, followed by a tour and a dvd of the tour…lol if all these other artist can tour and release dvd’s its time for brandy to the the same!!!! I will be supporting to the FULLEST!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 1:53 pm
    TYLER says:

since birth Brandy has been an incredible actress!!!!

she’s soooooooooooooo natural it’s crazy just like her vocals!!!

2012 is her Year I can feel it!

P.S I love the pic!

• November 2, 2011 at 1:56 pm
    beyonce says:

LIKE I SAID AFTER MY BEY , BRAN IS MY ALL TIME FAVE AND WILL NEVER STOP LOVING AND SUPPORT HER WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. GET IT BRAN AND JUST CANNOT WAIT FOR THE REST TO COME. PEOPLE COULD DO OR SAY STUFF BUT BRAN STILL GONNA GET THOSE PAPERS MORE THAN EVER.

• November 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm
    Steffon says:

So proud of Brandy. Can’t wait for the new album and this film

• November 2, 2011 at 1:58 pm
    b**** PLEASE says:

Yes yes and yes, thats my one and only fave. Now what are they gon say huh. Oh Brandy its been a long time coming and rooting for your return more than anything. Can’t wait wait wait. I love you so much Bran. #Starz this is the time we gonna rep harder than ever.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm
    RIRISTAN says:

Yayyyyyy #starx gon rep like the #navyz do. Brandy deserve all the good and success coming on her way. Riri and her are my fave and no one else even comes closer. Bring it on Brandy.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:03 pm
    Rocka Stan4eva says:

ITS #4EVERBRANDY…NUSAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    brandy fan from uk says:

omg omg omg omg roll on 2012 cuz brandy is bringing like she did before. i just cannot wait for her more than ever. brandy uk and europ need you more than ever.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm
    VOCALBIBLE says:

Oh Brandy you dey killie me everyday ohhhhhhhhhhh. Bring back real talent cuz the game is dry.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm
    kwame says:

AND WHO SAID BRANDY IS DONE. SMDH. BRANDY AIN’T GOING NO WHERE SO BRACE YOURSELF AND STAY MAD BETTER YET JUMP OFF A CLIFF AND SEE IF ANYONE WILL CARE….LOL
    LET GET THIS BRAN X X

• November 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm
    thisisit says:

Brandy :) :) :) :) :) ;)

• November 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm
    JG1 says:

brandy is the best….i hope tyler perry grab her for more roles…..SHE IS A BEAST!!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 2:21 pm
    The Truth says:

Ummmmmmm………………..okay o_O

• November 2, 2011 at 2:22 pm
    MONICABRANDYSTAN says:

JESUS TAKE THE WHEELS…………BRANDY IS BACK AND GRINDING LIKE ITS HOT. I LOVE THIS WOMAN TO DEATH.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:31 pm
    real talent says:

Yes Brandy is the real talent which never cease to fail me in every ways. Tyler should acutally take that advantage and make more mega movies iwth her now and forever. Brandy is also stewing some more classics in the studio wich I just cannot wait to hear it nad go crazy like there’s no tomorrow. This is the ral talent I’ve always grown to love and cherish in my life. :) ;)

• November 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm
    bran fan from Brazil says:

Brandy Brazil loves you so much and we looking lofrward to seeing you. The album and the upcoming project is looking better and better. Stay bless as always and yes Brandy is the real talent.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:35 pm
    #STARZ says:

WAVING HI TO ALL #STARZ ON HERE. NOW THERE NO TURNING BACK SO LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN LIKE NO ONE IS EXPECTING.

• November 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm
    BRANDYALLDAWAY says:

@ #STARZ

I second that!! You CANNOT turn your back on TRUE TALENT that deserves the FOREFRONT

• November 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm
    branfan says:

okay….this has made my day!!!! wow god is goooood

• November 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm
    JP says:

Excellent news. Looking forward to seeing Brandy’s performance in his new flick. Get’em, Brandy!

• November 2, 2011 at 2:56 pm
    kool kid says:

Tyler movies are terrible but he give out of work black actresses a job.

• November 2, 2011 at 3:20 pm
    LAX says:

Good for brandy, every step taken on solid ground is good, love brandy!

• November 2, 2011 at 3:22 pm
    B'ROCKANMOSTAN says:

OMG!! BRAAAAAANNNNNNN!! You killin ‘em lady!! let’s go #VOCALBIBLE #TEAMSTARZ

• November 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm
    ABENA says:

Thats my girl you better keep it coming, Bran. ;)

• November 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    killer smile says:

Brandy I’m so pleased you’re finally getting it coming like you used to.
    @kookid you may not like tyler perry movies but with Brandy in it will make all the difference so watch this space.

• November 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    kevin says:

Wait…wasn’t Brandy and Co, suing Kim at one point and charged her with theft? This is gonna be weird…especially after the sextape and all…

• November 2, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    staymadehaterz says:

Brandyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Godd news I’ve heard all week. Keep it rolling Bran and we cannot wait to see it plus the music. Drop dead haterz!!!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm
    RealMusic says:

It’s official…. B R A N D Y’ S B A C K.!!! And not just seasonal. she back in full force like she was in the 90′s… It’s like history repeating itself.. Haters y’all gone drive yaselves mad hatin’ this era cause this bout to be a long one… plus she ain’t even dropped no music yet…. When the music come, EVERYBODY who’s never been hip to Brandy gone feel like they missed something. This album bout to show people why so many people in the industry calls Brandy the Queen of R&B #MarkMyWords

• November 2, 2011 at 3:48 pm
    Jayla says:

Brandy & Kim K in a movie together?!?!? I thought They hated each others families

• November 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm
    GAslickmouf says:

Brandy is killin it!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    Gemini says:

yessssss Brandy I f***** love her she cant be stopped iam so proud to be a fan she is so amazing and I know her haters are upset but they can stay mad :)

• November 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm
    nikkiischillin says:

Congrats Ms. Bran Bran! I’m so happy for all of her success. Good to see my girl back in the spotlight….Only downside is that Kim K is in the movie. Other than that, I’m cool.

• November 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm
    NICK says:

O MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED I LOVE BRANDY TO PIECES !!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS AMAZING !!!!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm
    WCBrown says:

Brandy = Quality

• November 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm
    mobwife says:

Great, I love me some Brandy and can’t wait to hear her new music! I’m glad Tyler Perry got it together. I guess he figured he had to do something after what he thought was going to be a big draw may now turn out to be a liability *cough* the soon to be Mrs. Kris Humphries!

• November 2, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    theonlyway says:

@niki i know what you mean but as long as bran i see bran in teh movie i’ll be fine…lmdao
    congrats to bran and looking forward to see what she’s been cooking in the studio for us.

• November 2, 2011 at 6:36 pm
    Tristan says:

This is exciting news and a great look for Brandy. I can already tell that great things are getting ready to take place and who deserves it more none other than Brandy? I look forward to seeing her in this film, television, and I sure can’t wait for that album!. Roll on 2012!

• November 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm
    Almond Joy says:

Brandy in more low budget coonery films/shows??? LMAO Her fans on BrandySource have alot of humble pie to EAT!! Brandy is a Z list artist who is stuck working with nobody producers and appearing on flop shows on flop channels. Poor that.

• November 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm
    Brian says:

Ok so to all the ppl that say Brandy is making a mistake by doing a Tyler Perry Film let me shut you down right now because Tyler Perry made more money than Spielberg. last year AND Vanessa Williams and a slew of other stars are in it. Black ppl kill me Hating each other. As for her talent, thats already a given. Especially when ppl in the industry are dying to work with her. I say do your thiing Girl and I along with millions of others will support her… wait and see. HATERS…. As for the Real Fans U already know wassup.

• November 2, 2011 at 9:18 pm
    kwame says:

@ALMOND LOW BUDGET FILMS AND FLOP TV SHOWS????? b**** PLEASE YOU DON’T EXACTLY KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT SO DROP DEAD OR BETTER YET JUMP OFF A CLIFF CUZ YOU’RE BORING ME, b****. YOU ARE A NON MUDAFUCKING FACTOR SO DO YOUR HOME WORK RIGHT BEFORE YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK EVEN MORE STUPID THAN YOU SOUND, IDIOT!!!!

• November 2, 2011 at 9:21 pm
    VOCALBIBLE says:

who the f*** is this looser that is talking like he knows everything. damn have you check yourself and your sticking pathetic life yet??? you would wished to be in those low budget films and flop tv shows. these delusional kids of today talk like they were never born…smdh

• November 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm
    Bran Star says:

@Almond Joy

Dead @ you throwing Brandy shade, Dead @ you calling the shows that Brandy’s appeared on as “low budget and coonery” Dead @ you knowing shows that Brandy’s been appearing on, Dead @ you KNOWING about Brandy Source, and then trying to throw shade at Brandy fans!! For someone who claims to think Brandy is a Z-list flop artist, appearing on flop shows on flop channels, you seem to be a steady follower of her activities. Why don’t you come out of the closet and just admit you’re a fan? Lol, cause you always find a way to these Brandy posts…

Call Brandy whatever you want, but she isn’t going anywhere. She’s hitting all different kinds of viewer demographics with her TV roles, getting work, having people requesting to work with her, and this film is icing on the cake. 2012 looks like a promising year for Brandy. She’s gearing up for a nice comeback. This is the best preliminary hype for her since the Never Say Never era, so when she comes out swinging and slaying you better run and hide.

• November 2, 2011 at 9:47 pm
    honeydip says:

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @HONEY_DIP11 I FOLLOW BACK!

• November 3, 2011 at 2:13 am
    nicegirl says:

This is so good for Brandy. But Kim Kardashian in the movie??? She can’t act.
    Can’t wait till the album!!

• November 3, 2011 at 6:44 am
    V says:

Brandy is MY QUEEN!!!! Soooo happy that my baby is about to be sitting on top of the world again!!! Cant wait for the new album!!!
    -plays Full Moon-

• November 3, 2011 at 9:43 am
    danisha says:

God has Brandy’s favor yes! You are back! welcome back lady I am so proud to see you back doing what you do best. Bran Bran is about to put them haters in a corner ! OMG i can not wait…. New album, New movie…. TV roles….YES!

• November 3, 2011 at 9:58 am
    LouLou says:

Brandy!!!! Yay! I’m proud

• November 3, 2011 at 10:09 am
    draya says:

@ALMOND YOU SHADING BRANDY AIN’T s*** SO KEEP IT CUTE CUZ YOU NEED ALL THE s*** POINTS YOU CAN GET, b****!!!

BRANDY STAY BLESSING AND GET THESE NON FACTOR HOES PRESSED.

• November 3, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    BRANDYALLDAWAY says:

”It’s official…. B R A N D Y’ S B A C K.!!! And not just seasonal. she back in full force like she was in the 90’s… It’s like history repeating itself.. Haters y’all gone drive yaselves mad hatin’ this era cause this bout to be a long one… plus she ain’t even dropped no music yet…. When the music come, EVERYBODY who’s never been hip to Brandy gone feel like they missed something. This album bout to show people why so many people in the industry calls Brandy the Queen of R&B #MarkMyWords”

—–I LOVE THIS COMMENT THE BEST>SPEAKS VOLUMES—-

• February 4, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    stace sanders says:

Brandy I love your music. U have a GOD given talent that is unique and u have always been a great actress. I’m so happy 4 u n I would love 2 c more of u in the entertainment world.Keep that positive attitude n Givem somthn else 2 talk about. Das what they do. Keep GOD first n do ur thang. He created u 2 do what u do. So let your light shine. Can’t wait 2 c the movie. :)