Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ Set For 25th Anniversary Re-Release (With Tour DVD)

bad 25 e1337610920172 Michael Jacksons Bad Set For 25th Anniversary Re Release (With Tour DVD)

As the saying goes, greatness lives forever. And just as he did in life, the late Michael Jackson serves as the lead example of this - some 3 years after his passing.

Boasting material and performances that are unquestionably timeless, the King of Pop is set to continue his infinite moonwalk with the 25th anniversary edition of his ‘Bad’ album. A re-packing which, for the first time ever, will see his 1988 tour of the same name released on DVD.

Press release, pics, and trailer after the jump…

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                             MAY 21, 2012

25th ANNIVERSARY OF MICHAEL JACKSON’S

LANDMARK ALBUM BAD CELEBRATED WITH SEPTEMBER 17 RELEASE OF NEW BAD 25 PACKAGES

MICHAEL’S PERSONAL VHS COPY OF HIS JULY 16, 1988 PERFORMANCE AT WEMBLEY STADIUM UNEARTHED FOR THE RELEASE

NEWLY DISCOVERED OUTTAKES AND DEMOS FROM BAD ALBUM RECORDING SESSIONS TO BE RELEASED

New York, NY – Twenty-five years after the phrase “Who’s Bad” became a generation’s cultural catchphrase, Epic/Legacy Recordings, in collaboration with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will celebrate the legendary album and record breaking BAD tour on September 17, 2012 with the release of a deluxe package, BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour.

“The era of BAD represented Michael’s creative ‘coming of age’ as a solo artist in charge of every aspect of his career – from recording to touring to endorsements to merchandising.  This was the first album on which nearly all of the songs were written by Michael.  It was also the first album in history to produce five consecutive #1 singles and it took 2 ½ decades for another artist to match that success. It was also the first time Michael would tour as a solo artist – his vision, his decisions on what the show would be.  The enormous success of the BAD album and tour was a pivotal moment in Michael’s growth as a composer, performer and producer cementing his role as the King of Pop.  We are thrilled to celebrate such an historic era in Michael’s career with this release”, stated John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson.

The BAD 25 anniversary deluxe edition will feature three CDs and 1 DVD as follows:

• The highlight of the package is the DVD of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night’s sold out show. This show was one of the record-breaking seven nights played at the venue attended by more than half a million people – three times that many people tried to purchase tickets. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night
  • A CD of the re-mastered original BAD album
  • A CD containing previously unreleased material recorded in Michael’s personal studio at Hayvenhurst. This material includes early demo versions of songs from the album as well as demos for songs not included on the final album. All of this material is being released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added. In addition, this CD will also include new remixes from internationally renowned DJ/producers
  • A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only concert from the BAD tour known to exist on multitracks

This magnificent 3 CD/1 DVD box set will also include two extensive booklets with yet unseen photos from the recording sessions, video sets and the concert tour, the original BAD cover art, a two-sided poster and more.  A BAD 25 two CD standard edition featuring the original album plus the CD of demos and new remixes will also be made available as will a stand alone edition of the DVD and a picture disc of the original album.

On June 4, Epic / Legacy Recordings will re-release the original first single from the album “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” as a CD Single with a previously unreleased bonus track from the BAD sessions, “Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round (demo).”  This CD single is exclusively available from www.myplaydirect.com/michael-jackson  in the UK and will not be available digitally.

On June 25 a replica edition of the original 7″ vinyl of this single with the original B-side “Baby Be Mine” will be made available to the world.  The first single for BAD, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” was originally released on 7″ vinyl in 1987. The 7″ single edit of the song has only been available on that original 7″ vinyl until now.

Recently, Pepsi announced an exclusive global partnership with the Estate of Michael Jackson as part of its new “Live for Now” campaign.  Starting this month, Pepsi will launch a retail campaign in the U.S. and more than 20 other countries (not including the U.K.) featuring one billion special edition Michael Jackson BAD 25 Pepsi cans with unique opportunities for fans to access special edition merchandise along with access to new music from BAD 25.

bad 25 pack mj e1337611030932 Michael Jacksons Bad Set For 25th Anniversary Re Release (With Tour DVD)

After the extreme dose of “so-so” that was 2010′s ‘Michael’ LP, it’s great to see the Estate conjure up something genuinely worthwhile for the fans. Roll on release!

• May 21, 2012 at 10:09 am
    johnvidal(rip whitney-truegreat) says:

omg did u guys see that video? I feel like those exciting days in music are so over. It all went downhill from 2000 and on
    But yeah we´ll treasure the true greats forever and enjoy the few talent in mainstream music we have nowadays

• May 21, 2012 at 10:16 am
    ass says:

i can’t wait!! I will be coping mine on the day it’s released!!! #Michaelforever

• May 21, 2012 at 10:23 am
    pete says:

EPIC!

• May 21, 2012 at 10:27 am
    Bey Fan says:

I know this CD/DVD is going to be high…..

But it would be worth the cost.

Nice trailer

• May 21, 2012 at 11:07 am
    dede says:

releasing….don’t we all own a copy already?

Ugh Replied:

we own copies but the bonus pieces like the epic concert is what people want.

• May 21, 2012 at 11:12 am
    PYTFROMAL says:

Love and miss my baby. Will be getting every damn thing they release. LOL.

• May 21, 2012 at 11:23 am
    Ugh says:

I am soooooooooooooo excited for this especially the DVD. OMg, i can’t wait. I don’t care about the price. Finally they’re gonna release something worthwhile.
    your faves could NEVER!!

love you MJ♥

linda Replied:

hi
    its going to be released on the 18th september, dvd on itss own is £9.99, with 3xcd and dvd will be £27.99 and also there will be a case which includes 3xcd dvd of the full wembley concert, replica concet tickets a programme and t;shirt for approx £129.00, ive just pre-ordered the dvd set myself.

• May 21, 2012 at 11:28 am
    PrettigurlrockD says:

Yes! My favorite album out of them all!

• May 21, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Blackman says:

THIS IS GOING TO HAVE LIVE MJ BAD TOUR 1988 YES!!!! THE BEST EVER!!!

• May 21, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    DIGGER BEY says:

I live for this man performances! I’m getting everything! Michael Jackson = The Undisputed King of Stage! The Undisputed King of Slaying! The Undisputed King of Pop! Still can’t believe he’s no longer with us! GREATNESS IS MJ!

• May 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm
    Dancing On The Ceiling says:

I CANNOT WAIT!!! AMAZING!!! MJ lives FOREVER!!

I will definitely pre-order this one. This is HIStory ….all over again.

The KING LIVES!

• May 21, 2012 at 12:26 pm
    Ariz says:

I am so excited, i have been waiting for years since i was a little kid for an official bad tour dvd to be released. Full of excitement.

• May 21, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    THE REAL TYLER says:

Can’t wait!!! this and Dangerous is my favorite album!!!

I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL THE 25TH ANNEVERSARY OF “DANGEROUS” COMES OUT THAT IS GONNA BE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS HIS BEST ERA!

• May 21, 2012 at 1:22 pm
    Boppi says:

YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!! F I N A L L Y!!!!! Do you know how long we have been waiting for this??? There have been petitions about this!! I HATE that Michael had to pass away in order for this to happen. But I am very excited about an OFFICIAL dvd. I’m sure this will be the second leg of the tour…I hope.

Boopi Replied:

:shock: I am so excited that I spelled my own name wrong! LMAO!

• May 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm
    BitchIcantevenspellwelfare says:

The KANG!

• May 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm
    badgirl says:

I think I can speak for countless MJ fans when I SAY give us CONCERT footage, we will spend whatever. At least I will, they can make a fortune on releasing tour footage, I’m so freakin excited, I’m getting mine!!!

LONG LIVE THE KANG!!!

• May 21, 2012 at 8:32 pm
    Inec says:

Didn’t they already do this with Thriller? Are they going to re-release every album of his that turns 25?

• May 22, 2012 at 12:04 am
    GREG says:

Everyone has been waiting for the Bad tour to be released on DVD and here it is.

• May 22, 2012 at 5:29 am
    dee says:

Been begging for this. This is a Mj stan’s holy grail. This is our reward for having to sit through that pathetic excuse of a awards show Sunday night.

• May 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    MJ's Angel says:

OMG I have to wait all the way til September 17th? I can’t f***ing WAIT!!! This is my absolute favorite album & era of MJ. And I’ve been wanting to hear the unreleased tracks from this album and see several concerts from the tour. I’m definitely pre-ordering to, like I did with This Is It. I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!! Your legacy lives on. It will never die. You will never die. <3

• June 1, 2012 at 5:08 am
    JRG says:

I worked in London with the US crew on this concert and the subsequent MTV and NBC specials. I have an original concert ticket, a custom made Tour crew Jacket and a personelised documentary crew waterfroof jacket, a set of original Bad folding viewing glasses and a photo of me with Michael whom I met back stage along with Peter Gabriel and Sheryl Crow who was a backing singer for the tour. This was an amazing experience and one I shall remember for years to come.

[...] earlier reported, Michael Jackson fans are in for a deluxe sized treat this [...]

• October 12, 2012 at 10:36 am
    HUBERT R. MOORE says:

UNDOUBTEDLY, THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL… MISS HIM IN PERSON… R. I. P.