Watch: Katy Perry Readies Own Record Label, Hits Up ‘Hollywood Reporter’

shares
katy perry hollywood reporter cover 582x745 Watch:  Katy Perry Readies Own Record Label, Hits Up Hollywood Reporter

Although no stranger to dominating charts on her own, ‘Part Of Me’ maestra Katy Perry is reportedly ready to share a part of her success with a new generation of aspiring singers.  Chatting it up with (and playing cover star to) the latest issue of ‘The Hollywood Reporter’, Perry tells the magazine:

“I’m preparing for it now…And when this record label does come to fruition, I’m going to try and avoid the things that take away any fighting chance for an artist to have financial success.”

The unnamed imprint will be just one of many ventures the young starlet is undertaking (see: new album, 3D movie). Until then, the singer’s faithful KatyCats can catch her posing it up in the full spread and behind the scenes footage of her ‘Reporter’ photoshoot. See it all below:

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (63)

• Tyler

Tyler (45)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (41)

• Nicki is queen!!!

Nicki is queen!!! (37)

1. June 20, 2012 at 8:50 pm
    Auntie_Jackie says:

You know what, I’m starting to like her because she’s smart! She actually does seem to have some savvy and to control her own image! The way Teenage Dream was done as an era was flawless!

• June 20, 2012 at 10:43 pm
      POP ROYALTY ( Révolution) says:

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY !!!! :)

• June 20, 2012 at 11:23 pm
        Yea i said it says:

you mean her team

2. June 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    Benron says:

I feellike her label will be a disaster but hey, its worth a shot it could be big!

• June 21, 2012 at 4:31 am
      Njabs *BEYHIVE* says:

I agree because if you make crappy bubblegum pop, then what are the chances you are gonna know where to find real talent

3. June 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    LTM (Wide Awake) says:

She just keeps expanding her name! Katy is smart for building a brand off her name. Perfumes, a 3-D Movie, and now a label. All she needs is a book lol. Every artist should build off their name, especially in todays world where your hot one day and not the next. Katy just keeps climbing that ladder.

4. June 20, 2012 at 9:44 pm
    LTM (Wide Awake) says:

And I love the pics too <3

5. June 20, 2012 at 9:57 pm
    Candid says:

LOL! Only an idiot would sign with such a vapid airhead as her.

• June 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm
      Perry Power says:

Katy is actual smart….

6. June 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm
    Perry Power says:

Good for KP!! I think she would be good at running a label. Her and her team definitely know what to do. One of the Boys and Teenage Dream sold well 2 years after their release dates. I think she would be perfect at helping others achieve their dreams. New album, new singles, 3-D movie, and now she starting a label; the future is looking bright for Katy!

Her photo shoot was beautiful. I wish she would work with the photographer who shot her Teenage Dream promo pics again. I love them all.

7. June 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm
    Commander of the RihannaNavy says:

Katy always looks great

8. June 20, 2012 at 10:41 pm
    POP ROYALTY ( Révolution) says:

she is SO SMART. probably the smartest among them new girls. she do everything step by step without rushing and that’s “iT” to be great.

she’s just smart. maybe not so talented or the best among the pack , but she def a very smart woman.

Good JOB.

and those pics are beautiful. her eyes and boobs :D >>>

9. June 20, 2012 at 10:56 pm
    BEYONCE'S WEAVE says:

She doesn’t have enough experience to successfully run a record label in my opinion. Whatever the case, good luck to her.

• June 20, 2012 at 11:24 pm
      Yea i said it says:

mad beyonce s*** label didnt take off

• June 21, 2012 at 10:09 am
        KAT DELUNA FAN says:

LMAOOOO good one

I’ve always said Katy is extremely smart young lady.This is just the beginning,trust.

I am happy that people are seeing now where I was coming for ;) Late dot com ni99as

10. June 20, 2012 at 11:00 pm
    B. Hill says:

ROFLMAO!

#I Can’t.

11. June 20, 2012 at 11:11 pm
    D.R says:

Well knowing that her own label can no more work with some producers like Dr Luke, I think that by creating a new one she’s just trying to keep the team that lead her to sucess… But it’s my opinion.

(Sorry I’m french and my english’s so bad :$)

12. June 20, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    yeyay says:

I respect Katy’s hustle..I actually think she has a better understanding of artist development than most of the current pop stars….she started out as an acoustic-rock-pop Christian act…was able to re-invent herself, and has shown longevity in pop…I mean what other pop girl could get Wide Awake to almost number 1 with all the fast-dance-pop songs, and the video is super trippy….Her biggest asset is the fact that she failed at first and was dropped from labels….I think she might hit this one out the park if it’s core is setup right….

• June 21, 2012 at 5:01 am
      Virtuoso Intellect says:

She dint have much reinevention to do since the mass barely knew of her when she was gospel

Longevity? U r kidding right? She debuted her pop career FOUR years ago.

13. June 21, 2012 at 3:39 am
    Do we have a new girl black group? says:

That Grape Juice, love ya’ll. I think you should write about the OMG GIRLZ and they’re newly released music video ”Where the boys at” (check it out : You should write about OMG GIRLZ newly released music video ”Where the Boys at” : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb81_vJWMc0&feature=plcp. It’s T.I’s daughter in the group.) it’s a nice summer tune and T.I’s daughter is in the group and the music video is super cool. Do we have an official new black girl music group ? Black girl groups have been absent for a long time, so this is refreshing, what do ya’ll think?

14. June 21, 2012 at 3:54 am
    Slayty Perry (KatyCat) says:

These other chicks need to take notes from what Katy has done in the last 2 years in her career. 4 years into the game and she’s starting her own label. 3-D movie, sold out world wide tour, multi-platinum album certifications in several countries, record breaking accomplishments, back to back #1s, epic music videos; the Teenage Dream era SLAYED

15. June 21, 2012 at 5:04 am
    Virtuoso Intellect says:

Rihanna needs to learn from Katy. That girl is stupid. She coulda done soooooo much with the loud era but rather than capitalise, she opted for more generic hit singles. It’s good to not stan for a puppet

– D.A for Parkwood HQ

• June 21, 2012 at 6:09 am
      Stephen says:

At least Rihanna can sing better than Katy

• June 21, 2012 at 8:21 am
      Ain't Playing Witchu says:

Just thinking the same thing.

Rihanna is getting left behind quick.

Beyonce is a legend. Nicki is getting a ton of business deals. Katy has broken records and is now launching a label.

Like damn…at this point what does Rihanna have other than the coconut water and posing for Armani with a body double?

16. June 21, 2012 at 7:33 am
    Callia says:

Overexposed and annoying. The people behind the scenes made her. Whatever she does that stops her from singing is a good thing in my book. Hope her movie flops.

17. June 21, 2012 at 8:19 am
    Ain't Playing Witchu says:

Gotta admit her hustle is amazing. Her and Nicki Minaj are re-defining the roles singers can take in their careers and as business women. DAMN. On a side note…how did Katy come after Rihanna and beat her at her own game so well?

The chick isn’t a great singer, or dancer, but she’s killed the whole ‘model with a mic’ game.

18. June 21, 2012 at 9:21 am
    ITSVERRYPERRY says:

KATY IS KEEPING IT REAL. she knows what she’s capable of and she’s doing AMAZING. maybe thats why she’s the top in the game