New Video: Nelly Furtado – ‘The Spirit Indestructible’

New Video: Nelly Furtado   The Spirit Indestructible

Eclectic singer Nelly Furado serves up the title track from her comeback LP ‘The Spirit Indestructible’ as the set’s latest single offering.

The pulsating cut follows ‘Big Hoops (The Bigger The Better)‘, which struggled to take off anywhere. We’ll christen it a “buzz single” on her behalf.

Hoping for rosier fortunes with ‘TSI’, Furtado unwrapped its official video moments ago. Check it out after the jump…

Edgy, different, and yet uniquely understated, both the song and its accompanying clip embody all that we’ve come to love about the 33 year old. Here’s hoping it’s the “hit” it deserves to be.

• July 18, 2012 at 8:09 am
    Davide Laffe(nyc nightlife photographer) says:

just amazing i cannot wait for this album

• July 18, 2012 at 8:13 am
    Isaac Dosoo says:

After hearing her singing this song, I just imagine what a song/performance with her, Rihanna and Shakira would sound like……. :-/

JuanR Replied:

oh hun you have no idea…
    How can you even compare the three of them?

Shakira is a great vocalist with amazing and unique voice! She can go low and high in a minute, she can use many vocal techniques and actually she can sing in whatever genre of music she wants to. From folk to rock or hip hop.
    Such a powerful vocalist…

Nelly voice is nothing special.

Rihanna…
    …well she can’t even hold a decent note even if her life depends on it.

Isaac Dosoo Replied:

Oh HUN, with Shakira’s incessant yodelling and Nelly & Rih’s bleating, trust me…… I KNOW.

Christian Replied:

Don’t forget to add Brit Brit and Jewel. They have unque voices as well IMO :)

MS Replied:

Nelly and Shakira I would love to listen to, but not Rihanna, I’m totally bored of her……..as far as genre experimentation is being talked about, Nelly is the Queen……even she has done world music, folk, rock, hip hop, rnb, soul, latin, trip hop, electronic, dance……..and she is way more interesting than shakira for me……..because shakira always releases safe, commercial songs……Nelly on the other hand, always does what she wants to do…..

aishaaguilerakeys Replied:

Shakira sounds like a goat- least to me she does.

• July 18, 2012 at 8:19 am
    JuanR says:

Amazing song! I like the video.

• July 18, 2012 at 8:46 am
    toohotfortv says:

it’s better than the first single (vocal wise)… was darkchild apart of this one too?

ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) Replied:

I think he was. He has produced more than half of the tracks of her new album, so he probably produced this one as well :cool:

• July 18, 2012 at 9:30 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

The video is better than ‘Big Hoops’, which was pretty uneventful, but it’s still rather one-dimensional compared to her previous videos. The song is amazing, though. Really positive, great lyrics and stellar production :)

I can’t wait for her new album. It’s about to be really unique judging by the lead singles. Not every one is going to like it, but I think I’ll love it. :D

• July 18, 2012 at 10:05 am
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

I likeboth the vid and the song. Nice.

aishaaguilerakeys Replied:

It’s a good thing that she didn’t choose to do her comeback the easy way by adhering to the cheesy Pop songs, instead she decided to strive on w/ a different type of music that’s no longer popular. She’s doing the kind of music she likes instead of being forced to do techno- electro pop.

ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) Replied:

EXACTLY! Funny thing is that Nelly was doing REAL electro way before it got popular and cracked the mainstream. ‘Loose’ is 90% electro-techno and it was recorded in 2005-2006!

• July 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm
    credits says:

This is ok, catchy…..BUT WHERE IS TIMBALAND ALREADY?!!!???

credits Replied:

OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw the album tracklisting and it looks like darkchild did almost everything. Nelly go back to the drawing board and brainstorm all things timbaland because you two had something special.

ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) Replied:

Timbaland is in his studio trying to write a hit, but for the past 3 years, no such luck. He’s a legendary producer, but Nelly is better off without him.

MS Replied:

No way….I don’t want Timbaland……so boring he is…..Nelly’s better off without him…..she may not succeed commercially, but atleast the songs will be great…

• July 18, 2012 at 10:40 pm
    Darren says:

HORRIBLE. the video isn’t a total hot mess but the song is!
    I want to vomit when i hear her wretchedly mumble “speery inesrukable” straight through her nose. this is the worst crap that has ever been on this site. Is this all some big joke? I cannot believe the great Nelly Furtado has just caught fire and rolled directly into the gutter.

MS Replied:

Your comment is the worst crap that has ever been on this site…

• July 20, 2012 at 6:18 am
    Miguel says:

The beat sounds like something from her “Loose” album.