To Our Readers

Alicia Keys Announces ‘Fiery’ New Album Title

ALICIA KEYS GIRL ON FIRE TGJ Alicia Keys Announces Fiery New Album Title

Alicia Keys is coming back!

Easily one of Pop’s more respected contributors, the piano-playing diva has finally unveiled the name of her forthcoming  LP.

Want to know what it’s called?

Find out below…

Burning up the Twittersphere earlier on tonight, Mrs.Beatz announced:

I’m in the studio right now working away on my new album and I am SO excited!!! I’m ignited!!! I’m like a match to a flame! I’ve had the title of this album in my mind for a long time….It’s been hard to hold it back and now I’m not holding it back anymore! It is called Girl on Fire!!! And that’s exactly how I feel!!! You’ll be learning more about it soon… but let me just say before making this record, in some ways I felt like a lion locked in a cage…I felt like a girl misunderstood that no one really knew, I felt like it was time to stop making excuses for any part of my life that I wanted to change. Once I made that choice I became a Girl on Fire, the lion broke free!!

During the recording process, I mostly stayed in NY but on some cool and memorable occasions, I traveled to different places, and worked with many collaborators, (some old friends, some new). I discovered so many beautiful sounds, and meanings and a lot about the power of a song. I can’t wait to share this album with you. I promise when you hear it, it’s a new me, I gave it my all: powerful, soulful, honesty and heart… With Girl on Fire, I want to move you and surprise you.

Girl on Fire is about new beginnings, new perspectives and fresh starts… stripping away all the bad energy in your life and taking full control of the reigns and how you want to live. There is something really empowering about finding yourself and your own inner strength. On one song, One of the lines I wrote says, “I’ll never be perfect, but at least now I’m brave!”

Here’s to finding your power! Your FIRE!! Stay tuned for more.

In the meantime, thank you for all your love, strength and support.

-Alicia

A Girl On Fire!!!!

Here’s to Alicia delivering an adult contemporary piece strong enough to dominate the ‘200’- in the vein of its acclaimed predecessors.

Reason being?

With her following just as strong as it was upon her debut and R&B in desperate need of a popularity boost, who better than Keys to take a sound akin to ‘Unthinkable’ to to the top.

1. August 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm
    GIRL ON FIA says:

THE PRINCESS OF SOUL AND R&B IS BACK!!!LOVE IT ALICIA!!!!GIRL ON FIRE!!!!

• August 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm
      winner says:

beyonce is THE PRINCESS OF SOUL AND RNB

• August 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm
        Love Bug says:

You Beyfake stans are starting to p*** me off STFU thank you

• August 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm
        BLUE says:

RIHOE s*** IN THE WORLD f*** U AND UR MUM

• August 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm
        Love Bug says:

@BLUE f*** you and you whole entire generation you call family grandparents mother father etc you lil rat s***

• August 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm
        Rita Slays says:

@BLUE Speaking of s**** RIH was
        taught by yo kaaaaang…

• August 15, 2012 at 9:49 am
        GIRL ON FIA says:

BEOYONCE PRINCESS OF WHAT? Let me know when she stops copying other artists work and using it as her own. Sweetly, while Beyonce is the best performer her music is usually shitty recycled up tempo tracks. The element of freedom is nearing 2x platinum status while 4 collects dust on and off the charts. AK is an original artist with longevity that writes,produces and sings her own music. Beyonce is a mere industry puppet honey. Try again next time :-).

• August 15, 2012 at 7:36 pm
        Dimples07 says:

Alicia Keys is the Princess boo!!! Gtfo. She cant queen of pop then princess of soul and rnb. She not even rnb and soul anymore ass.

• August 14, 2012 at 7:48 pm
      Sonya says:

I totally agree with you, except she was never really gone. She’s just been working hard and I am looking so forward to hearing her new music. BTW, that picture is gorgeous and anyone who doesn’t think so or chooses to make idiotic comments about her is just way too jealous. I loved TEOF and I’m hoping this album will be even better, if that’s possible, than all her others. Fingers crossed, that there is not much rapping, but with Alicia, I know it’s going to be great. anyway. Yes the princess of soul and R&B is here to stay. As for the Bey fans, I don’t know why you feel the need to jump on every AK post to brag about your fave.

• August 15, 2012 at 6:48 am
        Lax says:

@Sonya cosign

• August 16, 2012 at 6:30 am
      Team Azealia #kuntbrigade says:

f*** beyonce, and this irrelevant ass h** Alicia keys, Azealia album gone slay the f***** charts while y’all fav’s FLOP!!!!

2. August 14, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    the real xoxo says:

peculiar title.
    oh well, hopefully the music inside is good!

3. August 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm
    Sam says:

Finally some real talent returning to the industry. Cute title Alicia. She never fails to paste R&B back together when its falling apart. The Queen. Can’t wait Alicia :-).

• August 15, 2012 at 6:48 am
      Lax says:

True Sam!

• August 16, 2012 at 6:30 am
      Team Azealia #kuntbrigade says:

To bad Azealia has more talent than this b****!!!!!

4. August 14, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    trucieb says:

omg gorgeous pic!

• August 15, 2012 at 6:49 am
      Lax says:

Talented, beautiful and doing her thing!

• August 15, 2012 at 7:37 pm
        Dimples07 says:

Yes indeed!!!

5. August 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm
    Say What? says:

She got her body back!! Luv the dress !!

6. August 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    Speaks Truth says:

Ahhhhhhhh I can’t wait!!! I hope this means EDGY VIDEOS & DARK FASHION & JUST EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!!! #GIRLONFIRE

7. August 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm
    Chachanana12 says:

Oh okay I didn’t like new day but I don’t think she did either that’s y it’s not her single or song. But I love Alicia looking forward!! :)

8. August 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm
    winner says:

FOLLOWING RIHOE STEPS b**** U NAKED

9. August 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    MISHKA says:

That picture of her could destroy the self-esteem of an entire nation.

• August 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm
      BLUE says:

U MEANY BEYONCE S FACE UH

• August 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm
        Love Bug says:

No beyonce’s face it saggy and torn the f*** up now seat

• August 14, 2012 at 4:26 pm
      Rita Slays says:

Alicia could eaisly be the most beautiful woman
      in the world and she have got the talent to match!

• August 15, 2012 at 7:41 pm
      Dimples07 says:

Why is that? Its just an edgier her thats all…

10. August 14, 2012 at 3:53 pm
    FAF says:

IS SHE ON FIRE FROM THAT INFECTED TOUCAN SHE SNATCHED FROM HIS WIFE??

• August 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm
      Love Bug says:

No but your mothers INFECTED p**** you came out of is

• August 15, 2012 at 6:50 am
      Lax says:

FAF is always pressed as hell i wonder why.

11. August 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm
    DOSSOME says:

YEEAAAH!GIRL ON FIRE!!!!!i know you’ll deliver BUT don’t go shedding off your clothes in the name of freedom,you are way too talented 4 such gimmicks

12. August 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    BLUE says:

Album sales have fallen to a new low after Rihanna topped the UK chart with a weekly sale of fewer than 10,000 copies RIHANNA MADE HISTORY HAS THE WORST UK ALBUM SALE
    Talk That Talk, released last year, returned to the number one slot with sales of 9,578 CDs and downloads.
    It is the lowest weekly sales recorded since records began in 1994. The previous record low was the 11,981 set by The Cranberries’ Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? 947 weeks ago.
    The Olympics was cited as contributory factor to low sales. But it is part of a trend with album sales falling quickly, down 13.8% in the first half of 2012.
    The record industry hopes that Sunday night’s Olympic Games Closing Ceremony, now an iTunes album, will ne a big seller. This Autumn artists such as Robbie Williams, The Killers and Mumford & Sons, might make up for some of this year’s lost sales.

• August 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm
      Love Bug says:

f*** you YOU PRESSED b****

13. August 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    me says:

the title is very corny. i am cringing right now. it doesnt sound like a soul title, sounds like a far-fetched trash pop title BUT

I WILL BE WAITING FOR HER NEW MUSIC.I hope she has more soul and less gimmicks. nothing can touch her first two albums. love her

14. August 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

Yaaaasss!!! The Element of Freedom was FLAWLESS! Def one of my fave albums of all time!!!

&
    @BLUE

HEY IT’S THE #1 LOWEST SELLING ALBUM TOPPING THE CHART IN THE U.K., BUT WHERE IS “4” ON THAT CHART?

15. August 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    Chachanana12 says:

Oh c’mon Beyonce was named most beautiful woman in the world. She looks way younger without her makeup and more beautiful. In that black and white picture with the braids she looked way younger and beautiful. Don’t discredit her. But alicia is beautiful as well. Both are great and amazing singers and fans of each other. Stfu with all the hate. And @love bug bey ain’t Neva saggy. Stfu I don’t know who you stand 4 but.. Don’t diss B.

• August 14, 2012 at 4:32 pm
      Love Bug says:

I don’t stan for anyone and f*** YOU and your fave

• August 14, 2012 at 4:57 pm
      LOL says:

Beyonce looks very bad with no makeup. Alicia has always been more beautiful. Get out of her with youre FOOLISHNESS!!!!

16. August 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm
    AalexisR says:

Very Hunger Games like for a title but bring it on.

17. August 14, 2012 at 4:31 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

So I guess it’ll be more upbeat than ‘The Element Of Freedom’. A new direction and some risk taking would be great for her, so I’m excited.

18. August 14, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    FRESH says:

is the blue person schizophrenic as in who the f*** is talking about BEYONCE?

furthermore rihanna’s #1 and it wont change she is close to a milli inb the uk

her album is 3x platinum there having sold 900k+

with 300,000 being platinum park there….

everyone slashes album sales lady gaga sold half her first week album for less than a dollar

rihanna album is discounted for 4 euro and rita album is for 8 pre sold on itunes….

the b**** is still getting paper…

most the artist in the u.s a la fun demi levato one direction have been having album bumps because over the past month amazon been slashing prices…

numbers are number stop being delusional… and ignorant as sam

• August 15, 2012 at 6:54 am
      Lax says:

@Fresh well stated, cosign.

• August 15, 2012 at 5:58 pm
      KingBey says:

But With gaga’s album being discounted it still sold 500K+ In It’s first week in physical copies, YA’LL TRIED.

19. August 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm
    Legendtina says:

I will be buying a copy. Alicia never fails me

• August 15, 2012 at 6:54 am
      Lax says:

Me too.

• August 15, 2012 at 7:52 pm
        Dimples07 says:

Yep

20. August 14, 2012 at 5:02 pm
    JER says:

Sounds like a BEYsic Rihanna album title I’m NOT feeling it

• August 16, 2012 at 1:41 am
      UnMutedOne says:

It never gets old seeing your posts voted in the minus column. Everybody hates you. You’re wack. LOL

21. August 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm
    truth tea says:

im really excited. none of her albums are weak. some are better than others, though.
    she cant s*** out an album every year because she is a songwriter and it takes TIME and EFFORT to write an album. i liked the element of freedom alot

• August 15, 2012 at 6:55 am
      Lax says:

Amen.

• August 15, 2012 at 7:53 pm
      Dimples07 says:

Thank you! Well said. She is actually WORKING ON HER OWN ALBUM!!!

22. August 14, 2012 at 6:09 pm
    Chachanana12 says:

Omg! I just stated a fact n said how BOTH Alicia and Beyonce respect each other n called them both beautiful. Maybe u thought I was calling B prettier cus I said she was named most beautiful but I was saying to love bug bey can’t be ugly if she was given that title. Alicia is a great artist and singer and I’m super excited 4 her new album. I also don’t Stan 4 anyone @ love bug I assumed u stood 4 someone because u were talking like ” hey beyonce this and that n so n so rules. Sorry 4 assuming love ya Licia and Bey!!! Excited :)

• August 16, 2012 at 1:44 am
      UnMutedOne says:

The point is that Beyonce’s name shouldn’t be coming up at all in these comments. The article didn’t mention her. I’m a Bey fan, but I’m tired of seeing so many of her stans pulling her out of thin air when the topic isn’t about her.

23. August 14, 2012 at 6:37 pm
    DareToDeal says:

LMAO @ ALICIA AND THIS POOR ATTEMPT AT TRYING TO BE s***. NOT WITH THAT SQUARE BOX SHAPE SHE HAS. DEAD @ HER RIPPING OFF TONI BRAXTON’S LOOK. TONI BRAXTON DID IT BETTER IN THE 90S. ALICIA CAN NEVER SEE BEYONCE IN THE BEAUTY DEPARTMENT, NOT WITH HER ACNE RIDDEN FACE. BEYONCE WAS BLESSED WITH GREAT SKIN, BEAUTY AND A FLAWLESS FACIAL BONE STRUCTURE. THERE’S A REASON WHY BEYONCE MAKES IT ON ALL THE TOP BEAUTY/s*** LISTS AND NOT ALICIA HOMEWRECKER!

• August 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm
      Karen says:

Who cares what lists Beyonce makes it on. This is an AK post and if you’re that into Beyonce then what are you doing here? Go enjoy YOUR queen and stop dissing on Alicia. It’s really a dumb thing to do. There is no reason for you to be so nasty towards AK. I think Alicia is not only one of the most beautiful women in the world but also one of the most talented and caring. She has been blessed with plenty and I hope that continues. For you to bring up such stupid criticisms of her, just shows what kind of low down and pathetic person you are.

• August 15, 2012 at 12:33 am
        DareToDeal says:

CLEARLY YOU DO, AND BEYONCE’S NAME WAS BROUGHT UP BY AN ALICIA KEYS FAN. SO SHUT THE HELL UP AND HAVE SEVERAL SEATS!!

• August 15, 2012 at 6:58 am
        Lax says:

@Karen well spoken and the DEGANGED bey hive
        only agenda in the world is to try and make beyonce
        better then any artist with a mic in their hand. Alicia
        can play the piano and sing beyonce’s 2000 dollar
        lacefront under the stage Foundation!, Period,,

PS
        Alicia’s “Fallin”= beyonce’s solo catalog.

• August 15, 2012 at 8:46 am
      Karen says:

Clearly I care what lists Beyonce makes it on?????? You are dellusional. Like I said, I don’t care what lists she makes it on. You must have a problem. I also don’t care who else brought up B’s name first. I was responding to YOUR comment and the other B fans who just have to brag on their fave on other posts. I’ll stop and have a seat when I’m ready.

24. August 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm
    Real Talk says:

Beyonce stans are really sick and they are the reason she has lost a lot of fans.

YOu don’t see any other fanbase behaving the classless way that they do.

Beyonce needs to “pen” an open letter to them and ask that they stop insulting other people in her name, that is unless she cosigns the madness and many think she does, many even speculate that these ‘stans’ are her camp itself and I tend to believe it as again, no other fan base behaves this way, so what is the difference….family members behind the keyboard ,

• August 15, 2012 at 7:02 am
      Lax says:

Amen and her fans are a perfect mix
      of “Looney Tune Clowns” who are
      doing a perfect job of “Killing Beyonce’s Career”
      goals theirs nothing worst then a fan club
      who always tries to beat other artists wheels off all of the dang time.

• August 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm
        Dimples07 says:

Say it!!!

25. August 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm
    BLACK MADONNA says:

WHAT ABOUT THE BOYS??… HER AND BEYAWNCE KILL ME WITH THIS WOMEN RULE THE WORLD CRAZINESS…ESPECIALLY SINCE A BULK OF THEIR FAN BASES ARE MEN

26. August 14, 2012 at 10:18 pm
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

I’m not really hyped up about the title, but I can’t wait to hear the album.

• August 15, 2012 at 7:57 pm
      Dimples07 says:

It will be ok…She will kill it like always.

27. August 14, 2012 at 10:24 pm
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

By the way, I LOVE that look.

• August 15, 2012 at 7:03 am
      Lax says:

Me too! she’s beautiful and talented…

28. August 14, 2012 at 10:52 pm
    Roab says:

And the most over rated artist of the decade…Alicia Keys…I just don’t get it. She is so mediocre and just middle of the road. Like she is always hustling to get a record deal..oh but wait she’s signed….ZZZZ snooze

Now she does look amazing but her material is so forgettable like Ciara with a piano.

• August 15, 2012 at 1:10 am
      JER says:

lol Ciara with a damn fisher price piano (R) lol

29. August 15, 2012 at 12:22 am
    dhhyh says:

What is she wearing.see through.Looks like whitish attire.Don’t like it.

30. August 15, 2012 at 6:29 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Wow what a great photo
    I can´t wait for the album. And after reading those words I´m anticipating it more. I love the single “New Day”. And it´s time for her to search those different sounds she talks about. We saw some of that on The Element of Freedom and I loved it

Can´t wait for Alicia´s, Mariah Carey´s and Gaga´s albums. Xtina´s could be good too
    Oh and Beyonce stans need to stfu once and for all :)

• August 16, 2012 at 1:47 am
      Trace says:

f*** Mariah and Gaga’s albums. They will be garbage like all of their others.

31. August 15, 2012 at 7:13 pm
    Erika says:

I will never buy anything from this home wrecker anymore- don’t date married men, get pregnant buy the loser before the liar’s divorce is final… losers

32. August 16, 2012 at 6:32 am
    Team Azealia #kuntbrigade says:

Alicia look like a dike in that photo…… While Azealia look like a f***** queen in her mag photoshoot!!!!!

• August 16, 2012 at 12:06 pm
      peddler says:

It’s obvious you have eye problems. Lol. Alicia looks amazing in that picture, like the beautiful WOMAN she is.

@ERIKA And do you know everything about every artist you’ve supported? I didn’t think so, so it’s obvious you don’t know what you’re doing or what you’ve done. You may have already supported that ritual.

As for AK ,I think she is doing a great job as a mother, wife, and celebrity. I comend her for dealing with all of it and I can’t wait for the album. I hope it’s her best.

• August 16, 2012 at 5:24 pm
      TinaMinaj says:

So am guessing u must be a relative of azealia if not azealia herself coz we all know she ain’t got stans! Looll! NICKI IS KING OF RAPPP!!!!!!

• August 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm
        Dimples07 says:

Obviously she do!!! If they are commenting. Alicia Keys love when haters hate, that just shows she is doing something right.

33. August 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm
    TinaMinaj says:

Yawn….If it isn’t Holicia steal-yo-man-n-sing-about-family Keys! Pathetic fake!!!

• August 19, 2012 at 2:06 pm
      peddler says:

Are you just a little jealous? God bless Ms Keys and may she continue to be strong and happy.