LA Reid Dishes On Ciara’s New Single, Videos, & Album

shares
ciara 1234 LA Reid Dishes On Ciaras New Single, Videos, & Album

With Ciara‘s buzz single ‘Sweat’ having fast evaporated, all eyes have been on what the talented star is set to serve up next.

And while silence has greeted the ever-fervent question from fans, the singer’s mentor and label head LA Reid addressed the status of her ‘One Woman Army’ project on Bravo‘s What Happens Live last night.

As you’ll see below, Mr Reid may as well be Santa Claus, because oh did come baring gifts. See what we mean after the jump…

When quizzed by a caller about the latest Ciara happenings, the Epic Records chief responded:

“She’s doing a photoshoot right now as we speak, she’s about to shoot two videos and we’re about to drop new Ciara music within the month. (We’ve) got a brand new album likely for Thanksgiving. That’s the plan.”

**********

While the “wait” is annoying for fans, especially after having promo pics and a supposed single dangled in front of them. it’s clear Ms. Harris is a top priority at her label.

And after ‘Basic Instinct’, it’s imperative that this new project has a premium “setup”, even if that means re-jigging dates and songs to ensure she smashes like she deserves to.

In keeping it all the way 100, after ‘Sweat’s release delete, it quickly became clear to us that Team Ci are re-focussing for a Fall/4th quarter roll-out. A window which sees more shows (including Reid’s X Factor USA) and other promotional opportunities present themselves. What’s more, the Holiday season often brings with it kinder wallets from record-buyers. All key components for a successful album campaign.

Hence, we can’t wait!

Tidbit: Here’s hoping ‘Overdose’ is one of the songs being revved up for the single treatment.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (140)

• Tyler

Tyler (136)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (81)

• Mark111

Mark111 (70)

1. August 9, 2012 at 5:05 am
    damn says:

I don’t think these records labels realize that by releasing such statements but not keeping them your just making fans loose faith in the artists not the label. I hope they stick to this, because if they don’t people are loose faith in ciara, and right now ciara needs all the support she can get!!

2. August 9, 2012 at 5:10 am
    Stacey says:

Finally some CIARA news! I’m glad she went back into the studio. Sweat wasn’t the right song for her and at least her label isn’t wasting energy on it, and moved on quickly.

Can’t wait for the single and video. I like that L.A Reid is so hands on with her project.

3. August 9, 2012 at 5:12 am
    Rihanna Navy says:

Come on CiCi you need to drop a single already, i really want her back in the game musically. i’m still routing for you, we’re all routing for you. looking hella good in that picture btw.

4. Vote

[…] Ciara’s New Single, Videos, & Album That Grape Juice Thu, August 9, 2012 9:58 AM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); […]

5. August 9, 2012 at 5:32 am
    Sleazy says:

I’m just ready Lord You can take me Now If you wanna !!!!!!!!!! I’m just freakin ready *shakes* sings *Ooooooh haapppppppy day*

6. August 9, 2012 at 5:33 am
    Love on top says:

I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ci Let’s go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overdose is such a sure hit IMO

7. August 9, 2012 at 5:35 am
    Ready fa Ya says:

2 vids? Yessss Its most Likely “overdose” (pop) and “Boy outta here” (urban) sounds exciting !!!!! God please give this girl the success she deserves amen

8. August 9, 2012 at 6:41 am
    imusicjunkie says:

Ciaras videos are always HAWT! & 2! Its good this era is finally starting the right way.

9. August 9, 2012 at 7:09 am
    Sleazy says:

March to th beat I’m a ……. ONE WOMAN ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slay b**** slay

10. August 9, 2012 at 7:32 am
    Carl says:

YESSSSS Ciara finally, “SHE” is coming! :)

11. August 9, 2012 at 7:33 am
    Mhud says:

If only she could deliver vocally

• August 9, 2012 at 10:25 am
      FAF says:

Since when did that matter in dance/pop/hip-hop music?

• August 9, 2012 at 10:56 am
      That B*tch (would you like a rihfund with that)? says:

Just because she doesn’t have a powerful alto voice range doesn’t mean she can’t sing.

• August 9, 2012 at 11:32 am
        BEYFLOP EXIT STAGE LEFT!! AND TAKE YOUR 2 CAMELS WIT CHA!! says:

So as much shade u throw at RIHANNA!! CIARA CANT SING A FAST SONG OR A BALLAD!!!! IVE SEEN HER LIVE AND SHE WAS TERRIBLE!! IVE SEEN RIHANNA AT HER CONCERT AT MSG IN NYC AND SHE CAN SING LIVE!!!

12. August 9, 2012 at 7:45 am
    trizzy trainwreck says:

La reid is only starting to be fully behind cici cuz he knws that Tinashe will easily snatch her crown! If u dnt knw tinashe then google her!

13. August 9, 2012 at 7:56 am
    Reality101 says:

Let the church say Amen!!!!!

• August 9, 2012 at 7:57 am
      Reality101 says:

not to Tinashe…. I replied 2 this by mistake!! Lol so excited for Ciara news I’m gritting the wrong buttons lol

14. Vote

[…] Spotted:That Grape Juice 40 People Bitching […]

15. August 9, 2012 at 8:21 am
    truth tea says:

alot of people like to slate ciara for not working.
    yet rihanna is constantly partying while her songwriters and producers are doing her job for her and nobody says s***.

• August 9, 2012 at 10:02 am
      Kyle says:

I know Ciara hasn’t been riding the waves of success as of lately, but there is no denying her dedication to her craft. When she is working on new music, she is 100% devoted. I respect that!

16. August 9, 2012 at 8:48 am
    Jer says:

Heard it before. The same s*** we heard back in November and the same s*** we heard in April. So shes gonna have a NEW leas single and when that doesnt pop off the album is gonna be pushed back again with another new lead single?

17. August 9, 2012 at 8:57 am
    Ok says:

CiCi’s time has come and gone. I honestly don’t think anyone outside of her group of die-hard fans are checking for her. This album will be a “One Woman Flop”.

• August 9, 2012 at 11:18 am
      Letruth says:

Well your ass is obviously checking for her goon.

18. August 9, 2012 at 9:39 am
    monstarebel says:

Lmao at the C-Error fans that actually think she’s guna make a come back….lol overdose is so bubble gum pop that s*** weak as f***! So when this album flops what’s next? lol

• August 9, 2012 at 11:22 am
      Letruth says:

And you’ll probably be the 1st to illegally download it! So stfu!

• August 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm
      GURL says:

READ THAT b****! Broke b******

19. August 9, 2012 at 9:48 am
    Lisa says:

Yeah I’m glad Ciara is coming back with some real dancing and great videos!

20. August 9, 2012 at 9:59 am
    Mobwife says:

I like Ciara and I’m rooting for her. She is doing the right thing in readying a BLACK FRIDAY release. The CD can be placed at a discount and sold just like Pink Friday, Dark Twisted Fantasy, Rihanna’s collection and so many other acts!

>Go Cici, damn what a hater has to say!!

>I find it very interesting how folks can drip and drool over Lady Gaga and that “manly looking beast” pAnk’s new projects but always talk trash about Ciara.

21. August 9, 2012 at 10:00 am
    Kyle says:

I have a feeling this album will be receiving the pushback treatment. Releasing it in the 4th quarter is stupid if you ask me. Ciara needs ALL EYES ON HER and when you release it in the 4th quarter you’re going up against a lot of competition. Aren’t Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys planning on dropping new albums in November? Whatever the case, good luck to Ciara and her team. I will be buying it of course!

• August 9, 2012 at 10:27 am
      FAF says:

4th quarter has the highest sales b/c of holiday season. Ppl tend to gift albums more during that period. Ciara’s on her 5th album, she’s no newbie….

Anyway, can’t wait for this comeback, CI Lord knows Rihoena was bumping her gums & now the b**** is losing endorsements. God makes a way :D

• August 9, 2012 at 11:35 am
        BEYFLOP EXIT STAGE LEFT!! AND TAKE YOUR 2 CAMELS WIT CHA!! says:

KEEP RIHANNA OUT UR MOUTH b****!!! NIKKI GARBAJ WILL NEVER BE ON THE SAME LEVEL KING RIH OR THE REAL QUEEN B LIL KIM!! NOW GO EAT A BOWL FROM DISEASED d**** b****!!!!

22. August 9, 2012 at 10:05 am
    RG2 says:

I have faith in Ci Ci, as long as she takes her time with this project and produces GOOD music she should be fine. Its not that she doesn’t have talent I just think that with “Fantasy Ride” & “Basic Instict” there was no support from the label along with bad timing and decision making. YOU CAN DO IT CIARA! :)

23. August 9, 2012 at 10:18 am
    WaitUrTurn88 says:

THESE PPL ON THIS SITE IS THE ONLY ONES WHO GO BUY THE ALBUM!! LMA0

24. August 9, 2012 at 10:26 am
    RG2 says:

I have faith in Ciara. I think that as long as she puts her focus on the right place, she delivers good music, promotion is on point (top-to-bottom), she should be fine. Its easy for people to write her entire career off as a flop because “Fantasy Ride” and “Basic Instinct” failed to be commercially successful but i believe Ci Ci is talented. NEVER LET FAILURE DETER YOU FRO REACHING YOUR GOALS Ci Ci & GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! All we can do now is wait.

25. August 9, 2012 at 10:33 am
    RG2 says:

I think that when the album comes out, her team needs to book her for Wendy Williiams, 106 N Park, Conan O’Brian, David Letterman, SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Ellen Degeneres, Good Morning American, The View, Live W/ Kelly.
    I DON’T KNOW, THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE HER ASS IS OUT THERE AND DOIN INTERVIEWs AND PERFORMANCES TO LET PEOPLE KNIOW SHE’s BACK. IF PEOPLE LIKE YOUR MUSIC AND THEY SEE YOU ALL OVER PROMOTING YOUR s*** IT MAY CONVINCE THEM TO BUY IT.
    They even have her do some awards shows.

• August 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm
      mobwife says:

She’s working with a “PROFESSIONAL HUSTLER” in LA Reid. He knows how to push artists and place them where they need to be. She will have a good media campaign strategy to help sell this CD I bet!

26. August 9, 2012 at 11:09 am
    B_STANNING says:

I love the dress she has on I guess because I love zippers lol

27. August 9, 2012 at 11:17 am
    Yeah yeah says:

I hope the so-called fans on this site actually BUY the album when it’s released, as opposed to downloading the leak and then blaming the poor sales on “lack of promo”.

28. August 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm
    Back2Business says:

I’m ready for Ciara’s comeback cause that girl can dance her ass off & I am ready to be SLAYED!!!!

29. August 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    Casual says:

I wish Ciara well, but L.A. Reid’s track record is iffy . . .

30. August 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    prettigurlrockD says:

I can’t be mad at Ciara. She’s doing her thing. She knows how to serve up the heat for her music and videos. So I’m just gonna sit back and let history do it’s work. The only problem these days is promotion. You and your team gotta be hungry for it! Not everyone is going to get lucky like ADELE if they want sales.

31. August 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    I Stan 4 Instagram Celebrities says:

Quit playin! y’all know ur gonna download dis album! aint nobody buyin s*** from Uncle Cicsus!

32. August 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm
    rh says:

Yes csquad i am so happy right now cries. PLz plz let ciara have a hit :). one woman army lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

33. August 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    skintightjeans says:

You heauxs act like she’s Janet Jackson or somebody. ZZZZZZZZZ! So boring she made my wig slip off.

34. August 10, 2012 at 11:30 am
    s*** says:

Flop! Why is this h** even relevant now?