Retro Rewind: Kelly Rowland - 'Haven't Told You' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Retro Rewind: Kelly Rowland – ‘Haven’t Told You’

For one reason or another, Kelly Rowland‘s 2002 debut  ‘Simply Deep’ has never- in keeping it completely honest- has never received the recognition it deserved.

Boasting guitar led R&B ballads ( ‘Simply Deep‘) and a host club friendly ‘bangers’ (‘Make You Wanna Stay‘), the project stands as Kelly’s best, far more versatile than its sexier predecessors.

So, in celebration of the project which turns 10 this October, That Grape Juice shines a light on one of its stand out tracks, ‘Haven’t Told You‘.

Crafted by Jeanette Olson, Anders  Barren and Jany Schella, the moving cut never received the singles treatment and thus remains relatively unheard of by any unfamiliar with  the project.

The best of Kelly below…

• September 27, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    Alex Thomas says:

Love her <3 Can't wait for the new album! ICE is on FIRE! #TeamKelly

• September 27, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    Alex Thomas says:

Love her <3 Can't wait for the new album! ICE is on FIRE! #TeamKelly

• September 27, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    williNalli says:

Great choice! Also cannot wait for #YOTW! I am getting my life from her!

• September 27, 2012 at 9:22 pm
    williNalli says:

Great choice! Also cannot wait for #YOTW! I am getting my life from her!

• September 27, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    kkay says:

simply deep was great… kelly has amazing vocals.. hate or love it

• September 27, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    kkay says:

simply deep was great… kelly has amazing vocals.. hate or love it

• September 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm
    TM says:

That is my girl! She sound like beyonce alittle on this track!
    But I’m glad she is doing her own thing with new music ICE, and the new sitcom! I’m so proud of her!

• September 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm
    TM says:

That is my girl! She sound like beyonce alittle on this track!

• September 28, 2012 at 12:32 am
    gio88 says:

this is kelly i love! so original , deep and with her own style!

• September 28, 2012 at 12:32 am
    gio88 says:

this is kelly i love! so original , deep and with her own style!

• September 28, 2012 at 9:04 am
    Matthew Charlery-Smith says:

Thanks David! This is an excellent album and I always say it on Kelly posts. This album was critically overlooked but no so commercially and by consumers. It went to #1 in the UK and went Platinum. It also went #1 and Gold in Ireland. It’s her only album to return her a certification in her home country and her most successful territory (US & UK).

I love this song but I prefer “Simply Deep”, “Heaven” and “Obsession”. “Every Time You Walk Out That Door” and “Beyond Imagination” are top tracks too. I think this should have been a “Simply Deep” album post rather than just on one song.

Considering this is Kelly’s only album to really “sell” she needs to return to this kind of formula; with deep meaningful songs that befit her powerful and soulful vocals. “Here I Am” only went to show what Kelly should avoid and if “Ice” is any indication of what’s to come we are in for more shallow disappointment. In regards to depth of topic this probably rivaled Adele’s 21. If it had been better promoted it could have gone 2 or 3 X Platinum in the UK and far better in the States.

• September 28, 2012 at 9:04 am