With a career spearheaded by careful management, hit producers and well publicized aesthetic changes, Rihanna has oft been accused of being everywhere but in the driving seat of her own success.
However, perhaps in a bid to capitalize on her own brand for the first time, she has secured herself publishing credits for 12 songs found on her new LP, ‘Unapologetic’.
Earlier today, the following was unveiled on ‘Rihanna Now‘- listing the vocalist as one of the many writers on the LP which boasts confirmed contributions from Elijah Blake, David Guetta and Brit Pop sensation Labrinth.
1. “Phresh Out The Runway” – Written by David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort, Terius Nash and R. Fenty. Produced by David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort for What A Music Ltd. / Piano Music and Terius Nash for The Nash Estate.
2. “Diamonds” – Written by Sia Furler, B. Levin, M.S. Eriksen and T.E. Hermansen. Produced by Stargate for 45th and 3rd Music LLC & Benny Blanco for Matza Ball Productions Inc.
3. “Numb” – Written by Sam Dew, R. Fenty, Warren Felder, Ronald “Flip” Colson and Pop Wensel. Produced by @Oakwud for GOOOOOOOO!!! Music/The Starr Island Group & @Flippa123 for Private Stock Entertainment/GOOOOOOOO!!! Music/The Starr Island Group & @PopWansel for Private Stock Entertainment/GOOOOOOOO!!!Music/The Starr Island Group
4. “Pour It Up” Written by R. Fenty, Micheal Williams, Theron Thomas and Timmothy Thomas. Produced By Mike Will Made-It for Eardrummers Entertainment LLC and Co-Produced by J-Bo for Eardrummers Entertainment, LLC
5. “Loveeeeeee Song ft Future – Written by Nayvadius Wilburn, Denisea “Blu June” Andrews and R. Fenty. Produced By Future for FreeBandz, LLC
6. “Jump” – Written by Kevin Cossum, M.B. Williams, M.S. Eriksen, T.E. Hermansen, S. Milton and W. Kennard. Produced By Stargate for 45th and 3rd Music LLC and Chase and Status.
7. “Right Now” ft David Guetta – Written by Terius Nash, R. Fenty, David Guetta, Mikkel S. Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Shaffer Smith, Giorgio Tuinfort and Nick Rotteveel. Produced By David Guetta, StarGate for 45th and 3rd Music LLC, Nicky Romero and Giorgio Tuinfort for What A Music Ltd. / Piano Music
8. “What Now” – Written by Olivia Waithe, Robyn Fenty, Parker Ighile and Nathan Cassells. Produced by Parker Ighile for Ighile Music Group and Co-Produced by Nathan Cassells Deauxpe Music/Regime Music Societe
9. “Stay” ft Mikky Ekko – Written by Mikky Ekko, Justin Parker and Elof Loelv. Produced by: Mikky Ekko, Elof Loelv and Justin Parker
10. “Nobodys Business” ft Chris Brown – Written by Terius Nash, R. Fenty and Carlos McKinney. Produced by The Dream for Radiokilla.com Since 1977 and Carlos McKinney
11. “Love Without Tragedy” – Written by Terius Nash, R. Fenty and Carlos McKinney. Produced by Terius Nash for The Nash Estate and Produced by Carlos “Los” McKinney for da mystro music
“Mother Mary” – Written by Terius Nash, R. Fenty and Carlos McKinney. Produced by: Produced by Terius Nash for The Nash Estate and Produced by Carlos “Los” McKinney for da mystro music
12. “Get It Over With” – Written by James Fauntleroy, R. Fenty and Brian Seals. Produced By Brian Kennedy
13. “ No Love Allowed” – Written by Sean “Elijah Blake” Fenton, R. Fenty, Alexander Izquierdo, Ernest Wilson and Steve Wyreman. Produced By No ID for Rich Daily since ’71.
14. “Lost In Paradise”- Written by E.Dean, R. Fenty, T.Mckenzie, M.S. Eriksen and T.E. Hermansen. Produced By Stargate for 45th & 3rd Music LLC &Labrinth for Da Way Forward.
Sure to secure her a sweet chunk of the album’s publishing, her alleged hand in crafting the album will undoubtedly see her rank highly in many a ‘Forbes’ ‘Rich List’ come next year.
Lists, which oft sees the likes of Beyonce & Lady GaGa dominate by way of finances earned from their songwriting credits. Quite interestingly, the album’s booklet doesn’t seem to concur with the information published on ‘Rihanna Now’, threatening to throw the star’s ‘songwriter’ claims into disrepute.