Must-See: Pink Covers Alicia Keys’ ‘Girl On Fire’ On BBC Radio 1 ‘Live Lounge’

pink truth about love promo thatgrapejuice Must See: Pink Covers Alicia Keys Girl On Fire On BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge

Fresh from rocking The X Factor UK stage at the weekend, Pop rebel Pink stopped by BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge today to continue the promotional push for new album ‘The Truth About Love’.

Watch below as she tackles ‘Girl On Fire’ by label-mate Alicia Keys below…

Yes! As ever, Ms. Moore nailed it. Great performance

Randomness: The industry geek in yours truly is loving the promo synergy with both ladies projects. A synergy which benefits everyone – Pink, Alicia, and of course the label. Make that money!

Update: ‘Girl On Fire’ has jumped up to #14 on UK iTunes.

• December 5, 2012 at 9:41 am
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

PINKS VERSION >>>>

• December 5, 2012 at 9:41 am
    Mo says:

Why does she sound better than Alicia, though? Great performance!

@_NoFucksGiven_1 Replied:

That a f****** lie.

Jay Scorpio Replied:

Dear P!NK, I am f****** in love with you!! P!NK sings while AK… SCREAMS!!!!!

• December 5, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

Pink sounds 10 times better than Alicia off Key.

@_NoFucksGiven_1 Replied:

b**** PLEASE

Sarah Says Replied:

LMAO

• December 5, 2012 at 9:43 am
    EdwardPonton says:

Wow. This should have been Pink’s song. It’s made for her voice obviously…

• December 5, 2012 at 9:45 am
    EdwardPonton says:

Damn man she’s an underrated vocalist.

Matt101 Replied:

She’s not underrated , it’s just that whom ever agrees with ur statement don’t really listen to her type of music , but her talent is highly recognized and appreciated

JP Replied:

I agree. Pink is very talented but I have zero interest in the music she releases.

• December 5, 2012 at 9:45 am
    antertain says:

WOW PINK!

The greatness of that is when she wasn’t quite ready for the belting part she pulled out like a pro and then got right back on track.

Great Cover

• December 5, 2012 at 9:48 am
    Nika says:

Oh wow – I must say as a fan of both ladies. I must say; I do think they song is better suited to PINK voice. I luv this.

@_NoFucksGiven_1 Replied:

THEN IT WANT GO #1 IF PINK SINGING

• December 5, 2012 at 9:59 am
    skintightjeans says:

I love this b**** I swear to God! Go Pink!!

• December 5, 2012 at 10:02 am
    Christina Aguilera says:

Bravo to the butch dike b****. She sounds way better than the other butch dike b****. Round of applause dike!

LOTUS- descending down a billboard chart near you!

• December 5, 2012 at 10:30 am
    Winthrop says:

b****** just got read. Opp…
    Alicia should be sooo embarrassed by this. Can we all agree that she’s overrated now? She peaked years ago and now she’s barely coasting. Sad for her.

@_NoFucksGiven_1 Replied:

No why she embarrassed

• December 5, 2012 at 10:47 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

I think you are all a little bit slow
    Pink does better vocally? Ok (she almost failed on the second chorus but it was great anyway)
    Pink wishes she could make the songs Alicia makes? Hell to the YES
    Alicia is a better artist. Just that. Her voice deteriorating is not gonna change that. First time I´m excited about listening to Pink! Why? Cos she is singing a better song than her average catalogue, and it´s faaaaarrr from Alicia´s best song

Truth Replied:

THANK YOU…. Black people like to bring down each other and this is why some people cant respect US BLACK PEOPLE!

ROCK IS DIFFERENT FRONT R&B RIGHT?
    ALICIA KEYS’ has been TOURING AND SINGING the s*** out of the song so sometimes her voice does sound strained.

Alicia Keys is ARTIST who writes her own music, sings her own songs, and PLAYS her own songs. HOW MAANY ARTISTs CAN PUT That under their credentials (PS i dont mean those type who say they write this when they just recently obtained their HS diploma….THROWS SHADES!)

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

I know!

RoyalKev Replied:

I totally agree, Alicia is simply the better artist IMO. I do find this recording to be better than the original, but seeing things that way doesn’t mean that there’s now something to take away from Alicia’s talent or artistry.

Their musical styles are quite different and hard to compare (even though they do favor vocally sometimes). I hate it when some people can’t offer an honest opinion without it going to an unnecessary extreme. It’s very unfortunate how common it is in the black community for certain individuals to feel that someone has to be looked down upon for another person to be uplifted.

Mackie Replied:

She almost failed the second chorus? Well, its not her song first off, and the first time performing it, so making one or two mistakes is not a failure, its human and expected. She still killed the song and did the cover justice. Im sure Alicia herself would be giving her kudos. And, theyve always liked each other.

• December 5, 2012 at 10:53 am
    Eric says:

A perfect fit for Pink.

• December 5, 2012 at 10:54 am
    Who cares? says:

Pink and alicia keys sound really similar if u really listen closely…

• December 5, 2012 at 11:32 am
    NFG (No f**** given) says:

Not a fan of Alicia keys but there’s no need to bash her. They both sound good doing this song. Pink gave more of a rock edge. Pretty nice I must say.

• December 5, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    speechless says:

This should have been her song!!!

• December 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    bibi93 says:

Congrats Pink!!

• December 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm
    Y says:

It actually suits her MORE!! IT sounds like HER record..

• December 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    RoyalKev says:

Wow. I’m surprised that I enjoyed this more, it felt less frantic and all over the place. Pink’s version takes this song a little higher! Well done.

• December 5, 2012 at 1:36 pm
    RIH4LYPHE says:

Oh so u dont bash Alicia Keys when pink sounds way better on this track?

bt any little idiot that jumps on a rihanna track u think is better n feel the need to shade?

U need to b fair in ur commentry… its rather annoying

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

Were u talking to me? It’s an opinion. If I was unfair and biased I woulda said alicia key’s version was s*** and pink’s was good but I think they both are pretty decent. And I’m sorry you’re pissed but I don’t say everyone sings Rihanna’s songs good. Some just suit Rihanna’s voice better but a lot of people can cover her songs good with bigger voices. That’s the way it is so don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

And btw I think Pink can sing but I don’t see any difference from the way she hit the notes that was better than original. I think ppl just saying that cuz they like Pink’s voice compared to Alicia. But if I were being more objective I would say they are both equally good and I did hear a bit of tension in Pink’s voice when she sang the chorus at times TBH.

• December 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    Roberto says:

Omfg she took that away from Alicia

• December 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    lola says:

I like this version much better. It has more energy to it and is listenable. Alicia screams too much in her version instead of belting the notes. With that said, PINK didn’t hit some of those notes properly, but she still did good.

• December 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm
    mobwife.....whatever fools says:

She looks and sounds horrible as usual! VIOLENT DOMESTIC ABUSER (of course the fake ass media and feminist slores wont say it) pAnk is now murdering R&B songs! 0_O ……ewwww

Mackie Replied:

hater.

• December 5, 2012 at 2:21 pm
    honeychildplease says:

Wow pink owned this!

• December 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm
    Sarah Says says:

This version is much better.

• December 5, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    Koodzi says:

Oh damn. Pink sang that! Nice!

• December 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm
    Mackie says:

AMAZING! I almosted mistake P!nk for Keys. GIRLS ARE ON FIRE WITH THIS TRACK! :D

Mackie Replied:

**ALMOST! ALMOSTED? LMAO!

• December 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Trina says:

Why don’t you haters stop it, NO SHE DOES NOT SOUND BETTER THAN ALICIA, it is a different version, it sounds good but no where near any of Alicia Keys versions, especially her bluelight version, you haters can never be honest, it says a lot about the song that people are already covering it. The song is a few days away from going platinum it has already sold over 940,000 copies, you all may not like it, but someone clearly does and that comes from Alicia and her performances and promotion of the song, it will go platinum by the end of this week, go ask your faves when their songs will be platinum.

CHUDDS Replied:

Damn and her album only sold 160k?

• December 5, 2012 at 3:55 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I love Pink, she’s a badass b****, she did a good job but i still prefer the original, Pink music is great, what is generic about songs like “Just Like a Pill”, “Who Knew” and “Try”…yep, i see you c*** @JOHNVIDAL.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

I said average, not generic :) you biggest c*** on this blog LOL

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Jilipolla.

• December 5, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    MC says:

I really liked her cover; I do think it fits her voice better because of the Rock/R&B/POP mesh of voice that is Pink’s.

• December 5, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    KingMeB!%&h says:

Excellent cover – We all know they are different artists – s***, giddoff their clits!
    & Funnily enough I bought both of their albums yesterday! Well done PINK!

• December 5, 2012 at 5:47 pm
    kam says:

Pink killed this song. Alicia Keys voice is not the same on this album as it was on her first 3 albums.

• December 5, 2012 at 6:02 pm
    mr.m says:

They sound so similar
    I swear if I listened to it without knowing it’s P!nk! I’d say it’s Alicia
    Anyway, Xtina can bury the two alive .. Just sayin’
    #DEAL

• December 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    Justin says:

Both Alicia’s are great But I think Alicia Moore’s(P!NK) version is better! I like the rock vibe…it adds to the song!

• December 5, 2012 at 7:25 pm
    nick says:

this is the Pink i fell in love with, Babyface had her as a sangin r&b, kinda pop style, the rock is cute but doesnt showcase her skills like this., werq honey., i love alicias album btw-amazing!

• December 5, 2012 at 11:11 pm
    neutral says:

Pink please return to r&b :(

• December 6, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    Happy2bNappie says:

Regardless, this songs has a better delivery live than recorded.