Must-See: Heather Headley Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' At 'Royal Variety' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Must-See: Heather Headley Sings Whitney Houston’s ‘I Will Always Love You’ At ‘Royal Variety’

heather headley royal variety whitney houston e1354583061102 Must See: Heather Headley Sings Whitney Houstons I Will Always Love You At Royal Variety

The untimely passing of Whitney Houston in February has opened the floodgates to a sea of vocal tributes – some better than others.

Yet, with singer Heather Headley gaining ample praise here in London for her role in the West End adaptation of ‘The Bodyguard’, it was all but inevitable that her performance of ‘I Will Always Love You’ at the 2012 Royal Variety Performance was be a show-stopper and oh did the Trinidadian-American deliver.

Watch below as Headley soars to lofty heights with Houston’s signature hit below…

Yes, yes, and yes!

Long a supporter of Headley’s talent (‘In My Mind’ is an essential listen. Essential), yours truly knew she’d score a home run.

A refreshing take on the song, Headley’s interpretation served up just enough of what we love of Whitney’s version, while garnishing it with runs, trills, and vocal frills that made it her own. A grand performance on the grandest of stages.

• December 3, 2012 at 8:14 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I will like that these girls understand that they don’t have to imitate the voice of Whitney to sing well.

RANCID v***** BLOOD AND c** Replied:

You are one pressed c*** !!!!!!

Suicide Blonde Replied:

So why you just don’t do something about it, f*** me.

Blah! Replied:

So what ya lil b****, at least they try!

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

It wasn’t really an imitation. She made it her own but still sang the notes the way it was supposed to be sung without being all over the place.

GREG Replied:

it just sounds like shes singing out of her nose

• December 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm
    Teflon Boy says:

‘One thing you can be sure of is that every time one of you ladies opens your mouths to sing, the public will miss me more’ -Whitney RIP: Got2BReal

Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) Replied:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS I love that show

Don't_Start_No_Shit!!! Replied:

hahaha!! lmao

• December 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm
    RANCID v***** BLOOD AND c** says:

Shut the f*** up Suicide Blonde !

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

thank you.

• December 3, 2012 at 8:29 pm
    Mario says:

Thank you very much……Jennifer Hudson I love you but take note.No one can sing that song like Whitney Houston but what she did that made it amazing it was the fact that she paid her dues to Whitney but making it her own at the same time.

• December 3, 2012 at 8:36 pm
    Theman says:

Great performance, but goes to show you how unique Whitney was/is. She is still the vocal standard

• December 3, 2012 at 8:38 pm
    Nicole says:

I love Heather, she is an awesome singer. I love all of her work, so I am not surprised that she nailed this. It was almost effortless. In My Mind is one of my top 5 favorite songs.

• December 3, 2012 at 8:38 pm
    Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) says:

WHINEY HOESTOUN SUCKS!
    SHE SOUND LIKE SHE HAS A PENIS!
    PHUCK HER FLOP ASS!
    SHE HAS LESS NUMBER ONE SINGLES THAN THE QUEEN!
    HER WEAVE IS RATCHET!
    SHE’S A DRUG ADDICT!
    WAIT NO WAS CZ SHE DIED!
    SHE HAS NO BODY!
    HER NEW ALBUM FLOPPED!

#h**

Mario Replied:

LMFAO, I like how you coming for Whitney but you stan for Rihanna.

Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) Replied:

so mean…lol

Pressed Hoes Like Yourself Replied:

You need to shut the f*** up i seen what you look like you is the last one to be talking about anybody you made this comment to get notice you pressed nappy headed monkey looking like darker than might night rest h** you funky c*** kiss her ass than b****

Pressed Hoes Like Yourself Replied:

mid night

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

Thanks for stalking me Babe, Dm me on twitter and will discuss future d*** pics and motel rooms to phuck.

Pressed Hoes Like Yourself Replied:

f*** off don’t have a twitter boo but here

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

Making fun of abuse huh? Maybe I should come beat your ass to the ground and see if you’ll be “booing” and linking me duumb s*** afterwards.

Pressed Hoes Like Yourself Replied:

Oh looks i strike i nerve what is that thing the rihoe always says oh um #PoorDat dont come for whitney again boo now ya know Have a nice night sweetheart :)

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

WHITNEY IS MAGGOT FOOD! You clearly cannot strike anything, not even a mans attention fi you sit here and spew you envious hate for a girl cause she doesen’t look ike you DISGUSTING h** ass.

MC Replied:

Benron

What are you doing…….? Don’t diss dead people :(

FAF Replied:

Wait

Plz tell me this is a joke.. ?
    :( ARE U SERIOUS !!!! !

Chile TGJ has been hacked

I f****** cant today ! I will not !!!!!

FAF Replied:

The fact that u have thumbs up shows me that the school systems have failed

y’all rishitta stains will OFFICIALLY be called . “Ritards!”

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

FAF, calm down, you stan for Bozo the clown. And od you think I’m serious?

Pressed Hoes Like Yourself Replied:

And you stan for a h** <<<<<<<< the shade of it all

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

@Pressed

I don’t stan for you OR your mother mISS.

FAF Replied:

Bozo the clown makes her own money, theres no 360 there !!!! Lol <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

Yes there is FAF, even if there isn’t
    1.) You do not knwo the details of Rihanna’s contract.

2.) She is 10 times as sucsessful as Nicki

3.) Nicholas does a new interview everyday, she is not on a 360, sge is a slave.

MC Replied:

Do you really want my attention this badly? BTW, stop paying @Monstarebel dust……

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

Beaux, lol at that assumption. And I’m not paying him dust,all he sais was “so mean” and I WAS to lazy to type up a generic “Lol” “Law” or “agreed”.

Hi!

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

Gooodnight @MC

and everyone else (Except for Honey chilee please, Richandflopping, F.A.G., Gilflopppto and Pressed, ya’ll are flops.)

FAF Replied:

@Benron

“”10x more successful !””

I’m sure if you release an album every 9mos, You would be !!!!!! LOL

More songs >>>> = More chances for success

Simple concept, UGLY ! :) :) :)

Go grab your copy of Unapologetic & check the booklet :)

Nicki owns the company parker Ighile works for

He wrote for Rihanna ! LOL

So those BOPS u listen to, is partly Nicki’s doing !!!

LOL x34203843 !!!

FAF Replied:

Yeah u better gworn to sleep, GWORL !!! :) :) :)

Pressed Hoes Like Yourself Replied:

n**** f*** you, you dark skinned monkey kiss my ass
    oh here this is for your goodnight dreams
    http://sosueme.ie/wp-content/uploads/rihanna-bruised-face-.jpeg sweet dreams boo oxox

FAF Replied:

WHATTTTT NOOOOoooooOWWWWW !!!

YASSS RIHOE SANG !!! KI!!!!!!!!

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

@FAF
    Nicki’s h** ass owns nothhing. She sucks to much d***. Rihanna has lots of writers, and even if that guy is from nicki if she was actuall ytalented she’d do it herself.

@Pressed
    They ont be abotu your h** ass, sorry to disapoint.

MC Replied:

Good night :D

FAF Replied:

Nicki owns nothing b/c she sucks d***?!

So I suppose Rihoe doesn’t ? LOL

Girl, good day .. I cant even properly drag u w/o FACTS.. LOL

FAF Replied:

Yes Parker Ighile is on Nicki label google IT! @Benron LOL SMH !! He stay shouting it out on Twitter/Fb, etc !

Rihoe doesn’t write !

Don't_Start_No_Shit!!! Replied:

@BENRON.. Don’t be bitter b/c your TRAILER HOME is in Foreclosure and your mini van tags are out and needs new tires!!!…. Stay hiding behind that 84 ACORN COMPUTER talking that s***. Whitney Houston is not to blame for your nothing life. Take that up with MOTHER and UNCLE for conceiving you dusty ASS!!! Considered yourself REEEAAD!!!!!!!!!

WhitneyhoustonGreatestoffall Replied:

Hahahahah Whitney houston is one of the best selling female African American singers off all time so shut the f*** up boo boo. Rihanna is far from what whitney achieved. Tell me how many albums has Rihanna sold and how many years did it take rihanna to get a number one album. Okay now go take several seats boo and shut the f*** up cause obviously your an underage kid that has much research to do.

I cant believe people are comparing Whitney to rihanna WTF

WhitneyhoustonGreatestoffall Replied:

let me just finish educating you boo boo With The Bodyguard Soundtrack and “I Will Always Love You” single in 1993, Houston became the first and only artist to grab the top spots of “Billboard 200 Albums,” “Top R&B Albums,” “Hot 100 Singles,” and “Hot R&B Singles” year-end charts at the same time in music history.[72]
    Houston has won “No. 1 R&B Album of the Year” three times for Whitney Houston in 1986, I’m Your Baby Tonight in 1991 and The Bodyguard Soundtrack in 1993, setting a record for the most year-end number one albums by any artist in R&B category. In addition, Houston is the only female artist to top the Billboard 200 year-end chart two times; her debut and The Bodyguard Soundtrack.

WhitneyhoustonGreatestoffall Replied:

Whitney Houston holds the record for the highest one-week single sales by a female artist, with 632,000 copies sold of “I Will Always Love You” in the week ended December 27, 1992ㅡthe Billboard magazine issue date of January 9, 1993

WhitneyhoustonGreatestoffall Replied:

Whitney Houston hit the 10 million mark by the RIAA on January 25, 1994, and made it the first album and the first debut album by a female artist to attain the certification. (this happened just after 3 albums) As a result, she also became the first female artist to have two 10× platinum albums with the album and The Bodyguard Soundtrack, earned the same certification peak in November 1993.

Wait how many albums has Rihanna solld please dont ever compare her to a legend

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

Wow all of that hate. She’s sold over 170 million records and still remains one of the greatest of all. What a loser you are too say such scornful comments about a dead person who you never knew. Smh.

• December 3, 2012 at 8:41 pm
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

UM HEATHER WHO?????

HAHAHA….THESE RANDOM HOES…..

• December 3, 2012 at 8:43 pm
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR BEYONCE SING I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU I THINK SHE’D SLAY IT….

Mario Replied:

no!she wont…Rihanna would do…Wait just being sarcastic.

Respect Replied:

actually she sang it at her revel concert earlier this year ! You can check it on Youtube

• December 3, 2012 at 8:43 pm
    [email protected] says:

Better than j.hud, Jordan sparks, and beyonce version. But really no one can’t even touch Whitney’s modelesque looks …dayum heather that weave was horrible

Mario Replied:

Beyonce only sung the intro she never sung the whole song.

• December 3, 2012 at 8:45 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

I want a post with this news, SAM please!.

Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) Replied:

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!! MESSY SAM NEEDS TO MAKE A POST FOR IT ID DIE

Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) Replied:

loool!

FAF Replied:

Y’all are so pressed…… I thought Rita was irrelevant ?

Why do y’all want news on her ? Let’s post everytime Rihanna gets her nasty, a*** h***** cooch entered !

sam?! :) KI !

• December 3, 2012 at 8:45 pm
    Benron (Shine Bright Like Rihanna's 100 million records sold plaque) says:

A REAL ICON!

• December 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm
    Monstarebel (THE UNAPOLOGETIC PRINCE) says:

LMAO I LOVE WHITNEY

• December 3, 2012 at 9:02 pm
    Eric says:

I loved Heather’s songs with Jimmy & Terry and it’s nice to hear her voice soar again, though I’m tired of everyone wanting to sing Whitney’s best-selling number.

• December 3, 2012 at 9:04 pm
    Pressed Hoes Like Yourself says:

she sounded good

• December 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm
    Courtney says:

dimwits it’s not Whitney’s song it’s Dolly Partons she wrote it in 1974 when she was leaving the Porter Wagner Show get your facts straight. sure Whitney’s is the best selling version 6 million singles in the US 4 million physical two million digital

• December 3, 2012 at 9:27 pm
    ABCD says:

OMG I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HEATHER HEADLEY!! *SINGS I WISH I WASNT** THAT SONG SO REMINDS ME OF MY CHILDHOOD OF SUMMER 2003

• December 3, 2012 at 9:50 pm
    MRDIVABITCH says:

WOW too nasal…it’s like she is pinching her nose the entire time she is singing.

• December 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm
    Mernnnnnnnnnn says:

Queen Nasal. Lol she did good though.

Matt101 Replied:

Same way suh (agreed)

• December 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm
    NFG (No f**** Given) +Navy kiss my ass says:

Nice vocal control but I’ve heard better. But she has nice execution.

• December 4, 2012 at 12:17 am
    nock says:

heathers s beast ., she killed it; simply amazing!

• December 4, 2012 at 1:14 am
    danny b says:

i think this is probably one of my favorite, if not favorite, renditions of this song. I typically am never here for any cover of any of Whitney’s song, especially this one. Everyone that covers this song always tries to emulate what Whitney does with it, (i.e. J.Hud) and its like an obious fail bc no one will ever sing this song the way Whitney did. But i genuinely feel like Heather made this song her own and did what she did with it the Heather Headley would do it and she sand it amazingly. If you’re gonna sing a Whitney song, or MJ song, or any other legend’s song, take note: trying to emulate the greatness that it already is is juts setting you up for failure.

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

Yes, it was good.

• December 4, 2012 at 2:01 am
    cocobutta says:

OH LORD!
    So much CLASSLESS comments.
    Does supporting your favs breed so much disrespect??
    Your mothers went through all that labour to produce & raise such vile creatures??

They’re ways to through shade and make jokes but the ratchet behavior seems to excite the FRIED brain cells, that have several tiles missing from the roof OBVIOUSLY.

PLEASE Fix Your Life and re-educate on how to represent yourselves..

Now let’s see who needs agrees or needs to curse & defend themselves!
    The brain cell levels I’m sure will be revealing!!!

• December 4, 2012 at 6:46 am
    take a seat, rihann rules b**** says:

I feel so proud to be a Trinidadian you go girl!!!! u rocked that s***

• December 4, 2012 at 9:03 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

OMG I don´t want to say this girl I didn´t know before didn´t do a good job… but damn! nasal is the first thing that comes to mind
    Once more, here we have another proof of Whitney Houston´s The Voice title. True greats are true greats for a reason. End of

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

Celine is nasal too though. It was a good performance. Who cares about that s***.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

Celine is way out of her peak, and when she works on it she doesn´t sound nasal at all, like in her recent French album for example. Go find nasal vocals on the Falling into You album for example. People need to understand these true greats did it all and now they are out of her peak, still being great and better than most though

MRDIVABITCH Replied:

Celine is very much in her vocal peak at this moment. She has more control and range than she ever did in the 90′s.

• December 4, 2012 at 11:20 am
    CHUDDS says:

Never been a fan of this womans voice. Maybe because she’s Broadway-trained…

MRDIVABITCH Replied:

But being a broadway belter should mean she’s good though…I mean, look at Shoshana Bean, Barbra Streisand, Linda Eder, Judy Garland, Audra McDonald…they all seem to sing WAY better than this gal who sounds like she is pinching her nose the entire time.

• December 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    Sean says:

This was not good. And I like her. But no, not good. At all.

NFG (No f**** given) Replied:

^^yes it was. R u kidding me? Get ur ears checked plz.

• December 8, 2012 at 2:56 pm
    RLL says:

awful, just awful and too nasal. she tried too hard. hell to the f****** no.